PDA

View Full Version : Update On Upcoming 7-D World Domination Event

Clementine
12-05-2014, 04:38 PM
Hey Folks! Sorry this wasn’t more clear when we initially introduced the upcoming WD. Though the WD is longer, we have made it more relaxed for you. The overall goals for the event were not changed and the top prizes for this event will include the awesome new bonuses. This means that you will actually have more time to complete everything, and get better prizes. Additionally, for this WD the minimum participation is set to 0. Finally, for those who do participate, if certain total points milestones are hit everyone participating in the event will receive some sweet rewards. More information on that last point to come soon.

MW Flake
12-05-2014, 04:52 PM
I don't think that's going to sway anybody.

Lance Link
12-05-2014, 05:02 PM
Sounds great but what about those of us who still can't get into the game. Any great ideas from Gree about us?

Selfproclaimed
12-05-2014, 05:10 PM
I was eating a clementine today and juice squirted into my eye. True story.

TRU Laldogg
12-05-2014, 05:30 PM
No to extra long war right before christmas, its a joke and we don't want it. Listen to your customers for once.

Maz
12-05-2014, 05:47 PM
Why does gree set the wd requirements instead of faction leaders? Not all factions have same req seems like it's going to force smaller teams to just pay gree more $ to hit what they are setting..

Danger Mouse
12-05-2014, 06:55 PM
O
Hey Folks! Sorry this wasn’t more clear when we initially introduced the upcoming WD. Though the WD is longer, we have made it more relaxed for you. The overall goals for the event were not changed and the top prizes for this event will include the awesome new bonuses. This means that you will actually have more time to complete everything, and get better prizes. Additionally, for this WD the minimum participation is set to 0. Finally, for those who do participate, if certain total points milestones are hit everyone participating in the event will receive some sweet rewards. More information on that last point to come soon.

Well I'm sorry clementine, but that's an outright lie for a start. All the bonus items for the lower rung reward items have all been removed, so I'm sorry, but you have changed the rewards for this event to make it a lot harder for the lower tiers to get a reward, so for them, no, it is NOT a relaxed event. For them to get anything of value in this event, they will have to work a lot harder in this event and place a lot higher than they normally do. So, please take the time to actually check what is really happening in the game before throwing out meaningless platitudes. This is not about making a relaxed experience to celebrate the anniversary and Christmas, this is a money grab from your most profitable event drawn out even longer to keep the competition (and spending) going an extra four days. Be honest. The polls and posts show overwhelmingly the only people that want this event are Gree, not your customers. Don't insult our intelligence.

psyconaz
12-05-2014, 07:09 PM
O

Well I'm sorry clementine, but that's an outright lie for a start. All the bonus items for the lower rung reward items have all been removed, so I'm sorry, but you have changed the rewards for this event to make it a lot harder for the lower tiers to get a reward, so for them, no, it is NOT a relaxed event. For them to get anything of value in this event, they will have to work a lot harder in this event and place a lot higher than they normally do. So, please take the time to actually check what is really happening in the game before throwing out meaningless platitudes. This is not about making a relaxed experience to celebrate the anniversary and Christmas, this is a money grab from your most profitable event drawn out even longer to keep the competition (and spending) going an extra four days. Be honest. The polls and posts show overwhelmingly the only people that want this event are Gree, not your customers. Don't insult our intelligence.

So true top 50 was +1 energy and now its top 25

Danger Mouse
12-05-2014, 07:12 PM

Also Clementine, ALL the rewards are awarded on how you place relative to other factions. NONE of the rewards are awarded for finishing anything, there is no finish end goal other than get in front of your neighbour. This is not an LTQ or boss event where there is an end line to cross and get the rewards, so extra time would be a good thing. This is faction vs faction where the goal is to keep ahead of other factions for as long as it takes to get the reward. So time is completely and utterly irrelevant in a competition where you have to be constantly one step ahead of your rival to get the reward at every single step of the way. You do know how WD works, don't you? I would presume a mod knows how the game mechanics work. But this post above clearly shows otherwise.

Night & Day
12-05-2014, 07:14 PM
So what you're saying is that although you know the overwhelming majority of players don't want this farce of a WD event you're going to do it anyway ?

That's what you're saying isn't it ?

Sheriff Hoyt
12-05-2014, 07:25 PM
I want the war on Christmas. We usually have all the presents open within a half hour or so.

Stubby1113
12-05-2014, 07:49 PM
Also Clementine, ALL the rewards are awarded on how you place relative to other factions. NONE of the rewards are awarded for finishing anything, there is no finish end goal other than get in front of your neighbour. This is not an LTQ or boss event where there is an end line to cross and get the rewards, so extra time would be a good thing. This is faction vs faction where the goal is to keep ahead of other factions for as long as it takes to get the reward. So time is completely and utterly irrelevant in a competition where you have to be constantly one step ahead of your rival to get the reward at every single step of the way. You do know how WD works, don't you? I would presume a mod knows how the game mechanics work. But this post above clearly shows otherwise.

Maybe you should think before you post. There are several rewards for finishing things. Wins, streaks and Indy goals.

DEWIN NUTTIN
12-05-2014, 08:31 PM

Here's a thought, Clementine:

Hold the seven day WD for the three year anniversary, but eliminate the gold requirement to refill health.
Let people tap as much as they wish, for as long as they wish, and give everyone FREE refills.
If its participation you want and gratitude, I bet you'll get over 90% participation, despite the holiday.

Heck, Clementine, take it to the next level and run it for 14 days, right through New Years Eve.
Same thing, all FREE, all the time, yes ma'am; 168 hours + 168 hours = 336 hours of SWEET, DELICIOUS, EXCITING WD!!!!

It'll be a one time event, the largest gaming extravaganza ever and its GREE, throwing its own anniversary celebration for its loyal, deserving players.
Imagine also, Clementine, what a great way to apologize to everyone.
Imagine the headlines this will grab.
No other game maker has ever done this, Clementine.
Imagaine how many new players will sign up, old players will come back, and even the greats of MW might even come out of retirement to celebrate, YOU, Gree!!!!!

Danger Mouse
12-05-2014, 08:41 PM
Maybe you should think before you post. There are several rewards for finishing things. Wins, streaks and Indy goals.

You and I both know they're talking about the tier rank prizes, not streak. Given how they've shifted bonus prizes up a rank or two so you need to get into a higher tier this event to get awards handed out for lower tiers last event, or any bonus award at all for lower ranks, I wouldn't be at all surprised to see the wins, streaks and Indy goals shifted up a notch in requirements also. Wanna take a bet?

good gawd noooo
12-05-2014, 09:11 PM

Hold the seven day WD for the three year anniversary, but eliminate the gold requirement to refill health.
Let people tap as much as they wish, for as long as they wish, and give everyone FREE refills.
If its participation you want and gratitude, I bet you'll get over 90% participation, despite the holiday.

Heck, Clementine, take it to the next level and run it for 14 days, right through New Years Eve.
Same thing, all FREE, all the time, yes ma'am; 168 hours + 168 hours = 336 hours of SWEET, DELICIOUS, EXCITING WD!!!!

It'll be a one time event, the largest gaming extravaganza ever and its GREE, throwing its own anniversary celebration for its loyal, deserving players.
Imagaine how many new players will sign up, old players will come back, and even the greats of MW might even come out of retirement to celebrate, YOU, Gree!!!!!

Highly unlikely gree would be so generous.. but lol for once sup might not win if refills are free their gold advantage will be gone. would depend on who is willing to stay up longer and tap tap tap it will be a battle of sheer will as oposed to wallet. That idea gets my vote just because it would be really interesting to see what teams actually would be top dogs at the end ... money no longer a consideration.. finally a piece of the map that isn't owned by sup

Danger Mouse
12-05-2014, 09:28 PM

Oh. My. God. That's terrible! How to make everyone slaves for 7 days in one foul swoop. If all it took was tapping to get the top prizes then everyone will be chained to their device for the whole seven days. Worst. Idea. Ever.

DEWIN NUTTIN
12-05-2014, 09:51 PM
Oh. My. God. That's terrible! How to make everyone slaves for 7 days in one foul swoop. If all it took was tapping to get the top prizes then everyone will be chained to their device for the whole seven days. Worst. Idea. Ever.

LOL, my goodness, YESSSSSSSSS.
Actually, if the refills were GIFTS from the Gree gods, I vote for 14 days (336 hours) of tap, tap, tappity, tap, tap FUN!!!!

Yes, Gree, refills all around for 14 days!!!!!

That'll wake the sleeping, angry players up, and they'll show you the love......Best. Idea.Ever!!!!!!!!

BrisingrBoss
12-05-2014, 10:27 PM
It would be nice to have one event that was totally gold free and we could see who had the will and the manpower to score the most points. I mean completely free, no in game cash required either....

Mcdoc
12-06-2014, 01:29 AM
. . .Though the WD is longer, we have made it more relaxed for you.

The overall goals for the event were not changed and the top prizes for this event will include the awesome new bonuses.

This means that you will actually have more time to complete everything, and get better prizes.

SERIOUSLY makes me wonder if you actually play this game

no - not that you have the app loaded on a device

not that you have a level 10 account

but that you actually PLAY the game with the least bit of understanding

- smh

EDIT: Nevermind - I see that this thread is just a copy from the Gree Facebook page.

But still - whoever wrote it does not understand how a Real PLAYER within an actual faction plays WD events

headfaction
12-06-2014, 01:43 AM
I think you're disgusting... Just exercising my first amendment rights:)

Sheldor Sir
12-06-2014, 01:45 AM
make it a 7 day pvp with good perm prizes (energy etc) for points tiers scored then if people want they can tap away

Mcdoc
12-06-2014, 02:04 AM
make it a 7 day pvp with good perm prizes (energy etc) for points tiers scored then if people want they can tap away

yeah - then those 180 stamina refills just sitting in my inventory might actually get used :-)

plus - think of all the BP rank you can climb :-)

Juggernaut
12-06-2014, 02:10 AM
Highly unlikely gree would be so generous.. but lol for once sup might not win if refills are free their gold advantage will be gone. would depend on who is willing to stay up longer and tap tap tap it will be a battle of sheer will as oposed to wallet. That idea gets my vote just because it would be really interesting to see what teams actually would be top dogs at the end ... money no longer a consideration.. finally a piece of the map that isn't owned by sup

SUP will still end up at the top. You seem to have discounted the fact that they have been getting health regen bonuses in quite a few events for at least the past few cycles. I bet, most of SUP members have regen less than 30min. If it's gold less WD, they will still have a huge advantage.

t12pm
12-06-2014, 02:17 AM
SUP will still end up at the top. You seem to have discounted the fact that they have been getting health regen bonuses in quite a few events for at least the past few cycles. I bet, most of SUP members have regen less than 30min. If it's gold less WD, they will still have a huge advantage.

You seem to have missed the whole point of what they wrote free refills so regen don't matter

Mcdoc
12-06-2014, 02:20 AM

Just for a point of reference - I am not in Sup - but have been in Top 10 - but now in Top 100 and my full Regen is 21 minutes. I would have to imagine someone in the Top 3 who pays to be in Top 50 crate events has less than a 10 minute full regen

but free refills would mean no bonuses would actually matter - but we all know THAT would never Happen

Big John
12-06-2014, 03:15 AM
Dream on if you think Gree would make the event gold free.

Juggernaut
12-06-2014, 03:16 AM
You seem to have missed the whole point of what they wrote free refills so regen don't matter

My bad! I misinterpreted it as GREE giving us free refills.

Now it seems like an interesting idea.

DEWIN NUTTIN
12-06-2014, 03:52 AM
My bad! I misinterpreted it as GREE giving us free refills.

Now it seems like an interesting idea.

Plus, if Gree feels truly contrite, shows remorse, and wants to make amends; holding a 14 day - FREE REFILL EVENT- to celebrate three years of MW AND make up for any hard feelings, WHY NOT have Gree put up, then all of the victims and locked out players and the entire MW player base would see that Gree is putting its money where it's mouth is.

Come on, Clementine, and all other Gree officials; at least discuss the idea.
Tell us something, make a counter offer, please.

It's also Christmas time, a traditional time of gift giving.
So, why not hold a 14 day festival of tapping fun, a gaming extravaganza, and give the gift of 14 days (370 hours) of tapping fun in honor of these dedicated and loyal MW gamers who have stood by YOU, Gree, through thick and thin. The big and small players from all over the planet have made MW número UNO of strategy war gaming on Android and iOS, so time to celebrate these fine players, Gree.

Give them what they've clamored for, a 14 day FREE REFILL WD extravaganza.

Agent Orange
12-06-2014, 04:43 AM
Plus, if Gree feels truly contrite, shows remorse, and wants to make amends; holding a 14 day - FREE REFILL EVENT- to celebrate three years of MW AND make up for any hard feelings, WHY NOT have Gree put up, then all of the victims and locked out players and the entire MW player base would see that Gree is putting its money where it's mouth is.

Come on, Clementine, and all other Gree officials; at least discuss the idea.
Tell us something, make a counter offer, please.

It's also Christmas time, a traditional time of gift giving.
So, why not hold a 14 day festival of tapping fun, a gaming extravaganza, and give the gift of 14 days (370 hours) of tapping fun in honor of these dedicated and loyal MW gamers who have stood by YOU, Gree, through thick and thin. The big and small players from all over the planet have made MW número UNO of strategy war gaming on Android and iOS, so time to celebrate these fine players, Gree.

Give them what they've clamored for, a 14 day FREE REFILL WD extravaganza.

I think this is a fantastic idea on a number of fronts, will help make up for the catastrophe that the release of 4.5.x has been, the joke that customer appreciation month was, and could even put some strategy back in WD. Sadly won't help those still locked out unless we have a Christmas miracle and 5 gets them back in..... But overall I like it.

Big John
12-06-2014, 05:01 AM
A compromise could be a one off fee for unlimited refills, no more than 100 gold.

Agent Orange
12-06-2014, 05:47 AM
A compromise could be a one off fee for unlimited refills, no more than 100 gold.

Compromise is a sign of weakness...

DEWIN NUTTIN
12-06-2014, 05:52 AM

With all due respect and in all humility, Mr. Big John, is this how you negotiate?
Before the salesperson replies about your offer on the 2015 Benz you're buying, you say, "Wait, Herb, how about I raise my offer from $80,000 to $120,000, just to be fair?"

I think the players (all players) have bent over backwards and jumped through many hoops for Gree.
If Gree cares for our continued custom, its time for Gree to give back.
The community has met Gree 98% of the way, all the time.
Now, Gree should reciprocate that favor for EVERYONE, not just a few.
ALL players matter, not just a few, ALL.

I Will Merc You
12-06-2014, 06:34 AM
Of course I think this idea is awesome.

....but asking GREE to NOT make money is like asking water to NOT be wet.

The past doesn't matter...the ONLY thing that matters is hitting next quarter's (this quarter) profit goal..and a free WD doesn't get them to their goal.

Again, an epic 2 week tappapalooza would be intense :cool:

Zakred5
12-06-2014, 06:40 AM

Great idea, it would shake things up even if it was just for that one event. It would surely break the boring money making cycle Gree has been on from the start. But sadly what they are doing with this event is the opposite.

DEWIN NUTTIN
12-06-2014, 06:43 AM
Of course I think this idea is awesome.

....but asking GREE to NOT make money is like asking water to NOT be wet.

The past doesn't matter...the ONLY thing that matters is hitting next quarter's (this quarter) profit goal..and a free WD doesn't get them to their goal.

Again, an epic 2 week tappapalooza would be intense :cool:

If Gree does this, Gree WILL make money.
If Gree doesn't DEW this, Gree will continue to alienate and aggravate their customer base.
By DEWING this, Gree encourages and ignites its customer base.
Word of this EXTRAVAGANZA will spread like peanut butter, all over!
Gamers, serious gamers, will want to say "I TAPPED AT TAPPAPALOOZA 2014".
This game will not only grow, it'll become gargantuan.

Bubseg
12-06-2014, 06:48 AM
After 7 wd event ends on xmas. Eve
Santa heads to gree hq. And gets stuck in the chimney due to a glitch, Another problem is that the fire is. Alight full of support tickets

I Will Merc You
12-06-2014, 08:58 AM
If Gree does this, Gree WILL make money.
If Gree doesn't DEW this, Gree will continue to alienate and aggravate their customer base.
By DEWING this, Gree encourages and ignites its customer base.
Word of this EXTRAVAGANZA will spread like peanut butter, all over!
Gamers, serious gamers, will want to say "I TAPPED AT TAPPAPALOOZA 2014".
This game will not only grow, it'll become gargantuan.

Valid point.

Sacrifice a little money now, and reap the benefits 12 months from now...

Now that is a business model to follow, except, sacrificing money isn't on the current road map.

"Modern War Tappapalooza 2014" T-shirts....there, sell some merchandise while we tap this game back into relevance. :cool:

Big John
12-06-2014, 09:06 AM
I understand where you are coming from and think it's a wonderful idea but Gree are a company and not a charity but good luck with it anyway.

Rolinz
12-06-2014, 09:40 AM
Why does gree set the wd requirements instead of faction leaders? Not all factions have same req seems like it's going to force smaller teams to just pay gree more $ to hit what they are setting..

I agree. The faction leader should set the requirements. What if they dont want the requirements Gree has set to lessen the pressure on the players and those that want a higher requirement set by Gree should be able to do so.

Maybe if Gree will share with us what and how the requirements are setup and work, then maybe a lot of people will worry less that Gree is going to screw a lot of people again with their lack of thinking, just like having this 7-day WD event.

Or even the option to turn on/off the requirements might be good.

Stubby1113
12-06-2014, 10:18 AM
Requirements are not points but a number of attacks.

PrinceDuncan
12-06-2014, 11:01 AM
I say make the event a whole damn month it's not like I'd be able to log in anyway!

DEWIN NUTTIN
12-06-2014, 11:12 AM
I say make the event a whole damn month it's not like I'd be able to log in anyway!

I LIKE the way you think.
Heck, I'll SEE your month and raise it to a FULL YEAR.
How about a 2015 year long WD for REAL WORLD DOMINATION? LMFAO

MENTALLY INCOMPETENT
12-06-2014, 11:31 AM

Yes, great idea, my dear, dear, dear friend. :o

I LIKE the way you think.
Heck, I'll SEE your month and raise it to a FULL YEAR.
How about a 2015 year long WD for REAL WORLD DOMINATION? LMFAO

Yes, this is even a greater idea, my dear, dear, dear friend. ;) LOL

I support and encourage Gree to run a 365 day REAL WD MARATHON!

maalu
12-07-2014, 03:09 AM
I understand where you are coming from and think it's a wonderful idea but Gree are a company and not a charity but good luck with it anyway.

Yes but because they want to make too much money they are killing the game and propose non-understandable event like this 7days wd

Bubseg
12-07-2014, 03:23 AM
Typical lack of response from mods/gree. As usual.

They dont care about anyone.
No onestands up to them

Boycott gold spending is the way to do it ,
Theyare just like. The uk. Government all lies and promises. Nothing happens
They dont listen to the people that matter

Lance Link
12-07-2014, 04:12 AM
Typical lack of response from mods/gree. As usual.

They dont care about anyone.
No onestands up to them

Boycott gold spending is the way to do it ,
Theyare just like. The uk. Government all lies and promises. Nothing happens
They dont listen to the people that matter

I agree with the poster who suggested that Gree will soon be a case study in business schools on what NOT to do.

Most companies seek to cure mistakes. Gree just plunges forward like a kamikaze pilot focused on one and only one task, unresponsive and uncaring as to any changing circumstances. Sadly, both Gree and the pilot achieve the same result: Killing themselves irrespective of whether the initial goal is actually reached.

For my part, when conversing with my fellow Gree sufferers, I intend to start using the phrase "you really Gree'd that up" whenever somebody makes a mistake.

Agent Orange
12-07-2014, 04:58 AM
Yes but because they want to make too much money they are killing the game and propose non-understandable event like this 7days wd

I think the key word is 'want to' but the reality is will they? Someone said this was still one of their top earners, I cannot believe that this is still true based on the mess things are in and the customer satisfaction level being at an all time low. The fact that gree just made an attempt to try and listen is a very important first step. Now the trick is did they actually listen and will they impliment what they heard?

IMHO 5 will make or break the game, if it doesn't fix the locked out players and even worse locks out more players then the game is doomed if however they put it on a strict diet and resolve the issue of players being locked out snd the constant crashing of the game for many then there is indeed hope.

As for a free tapapoluza, it would go a long way to repairing the disconnect that gree seems to keep widening with it's customer base. For those short sighted and only considering the immediate loss, consider this, gree is already loosing money on this game due to the many issues and anger that it's customer base is feeling towards the company and things got worse with the lengthened WD right before Christmas so they need to do something now if it isn't already too late.

Captain Steelman
12-07-2014, 05:11 AM
I was eating a clementine today and juice squirted into my eye. True story.

Ha ha ha... That´s my kind of humor.....

cdun13
12-07-2014, 04:14 PM
Pretty much everyone that posted on here is a whiny little girl. If you don't like it don't play. Stop crying on here nobody cares

DEWIN NUTTIN
12-07-2014, 04:17 PM
nobody cares

Hmm, "nobody", huh?
Would that include you and your post?
LMFAO

skywalker_98
12-07-2014, 10:30 PM
7dayWD ..are the people at gree crazy? To me it seems like a grab as much cash they can in a week event! What's it for your bonuses? Instead of coming out with all these changes...fix what you have first! This is a good game with is getting riddled lately with all these changes that are loaded with problems. I see your producer came to the forum to talk..Great Move its showing you want input.Alas a lot of members unloaded on him..(venting) well deserved but counter productive.Fix what you have then hold a idea forum.Your customers should have input but to steady change things and events is useless if they don't work!

Ozymandias
12-08-2014, 12:59 AM

This makes as much sense as saying that a marathon race is more relaxing than a 100m sprint as you have more time to complete it. If you got rid of ranking based rewards and only gave rewards for wins and streaks maybe... But as long as there are rankings, the longer the event, the more endurance/gold that will will be needed to do well

Drakhoan
12-08-2014, 08:02 AM
Good thing you guys aren't in the military... change is constant and the unexpected expected. Stop crying! They are changing this to 7 days for ONE WD. Whats the problem here? Maybe consider playing 3 days if you don't like the idea of 7.

If this were a permanent change to WD I would maybe understand the resistance.

Genen
12-08-2014, 08:58 AM
Good thing you guys aren't in the military... change is constant and the unexpected expected. Stop crying! They are changing this to 7 days for ONE WD. Whats the problem here? Maybe consider playing 3 days if you don't like the idea of 7.

Amen bro . A lot of whining.
I have an idea. Spend as much as top factions spend and you will get top prizes. Seems fair to me. Same as in real life. When you want to get something better you pay more.
Also if 7 days WD too long for you I would suggest tap or play for 1, 2, 3 days or whatever and turn your device off and have nice break. I can promise you GREE SWAT team of geeks will not burst in to your house and chain you to device and make you play against your will.

Agent Orange
12-08-2014, 09:17 AM
Pretty much everyone that posted on here is a whiny little girl. If you don't like it don't play. Stop crying on here nobody cares

Actually you completely missed the point, if nobody cared nobody would post you appear to be in the minority. The fact is some of us do care and some care a lot because it was once a great game.

Agent Orange
12-08-2014, 09:18 AM

And if you really were in the military would you want greecorp to be your CO?

Agent Orange
12-08-2014, 09:20 AM
Amen bro . A lot of whining.
I have an idea. Spend as much as top factions spend and you will get top prizes. Seems fair to me. Same as in real life. When you want to get something better you pay more.
Also if 7 days WD too long for you I would suggest tap or play for 1, 2, 3 days or whatever and turn your device off and have nice break. I can promise you GREE SWAT team of geeks will not burst in to your house and chain you to device and make you play against your will.

Thing is though, this was supposed to be a strategy game, not a matter of who had the deepest pockets although that is certainly how it evolved to this point. But that is a completely unsustainable economy because once the wheels start coming off the rails the train wreck will not be far behind….

Genen
12-08-2014, 09:31 AM
Thing is though, this was supposed to be a strategy game, not a matter of who had the deepest pockets although that is certainly how it evolved to this point. But that is a completely unsustainable economy because once the wheels start coming off the rails the train wreck will not be far behind….
The game itself is pretty simple. All the strategy is built on top of it by individual factions and also how individual players spend their resources. Actually individual players in SUP spend or score less than use to do in their previous factions because they don't have kill themselves and carry bunch of free loaders. If you have balanced team were all have to carry their fair share it's a big savings of money.

Agent Orange
12-08-2014, 10:20 AM
The game itself is pretty simple. All the strategy is built on top of it by individual factions and also how individual players spend their resources. Actually individual players in SUP spend or score less than use to do in their previous factions because they don't have kill themselves and carry bunch of free loaders. If you have balanced team were all have to carry their fair share it's a big savings of money.

I think I get your point though it is rather unclear, SUP is a bit of an anomoly though. If you take the strongest players and put them in one spot then logically they are unbeatable and in a way that was a brilliant move. Granted one faction cannot possibly be the only group paying for the game.

But the fatal flaw of having a consistently unbeatable team is that there is no incentive for the other top teams to try and yet this is a competition so logically the incentive is winning, see the disingenious aspect of this scenario?

So in reality they are victims of their own clever strategy, now having divisions might make things a bit more interesting or not if all that happens is that the top 3-5 teams get put into different divisions but at least they get a chance to the the kings of their own little fifdoms.

I Will Merc You
12-08-2014, 10:26 AM

Brilliant insight. If I may re-direct this thread away from your Successful Faction Strategy, back to this 7 day War....

Trolls have a brilliantly limited scope of sight, such as does any real life bully...

...why does TRUTH always get bashed as 'crying' or 'whining'?

TRUTH is, a 7 day event that is GREE's self-acknowledged most profitable event, in lieu of so many messes amid so much new content, is a money grab....not an event aimed to keep player's engaged.

TRUTH is, I play this GAME because I can play it any day, all day, or some of the day, or not for today. What is being confused with 'whining' and 'crying' are the voices of the people who use this app because they want to, and don't want a game-sanctioned event to cause us to NOT play.

We want to play. Why does that equate to 'crying' or whining'?

Genen
12-08-2014, 10:57 AM
Brilliant insight. If I may re-direct this thread away from your Successful Faction Strategy, back to this 7 day War....

Trolls have a brilliantly limited scope of sight, such as does any real life bully...

...why does TRUTH always get bashed as 'crying' or 'whining'?

TRUTH is, a 7 day event that is GREE's self-acknowledged most profitable event, in lieu of so many messes amid so much new content, is a money grab....not an event aimed to keep player's engaged.

TRUTH is, I play this GAME because I can play it any day, all day, or some of the day, or not for today. What is being confused with 'whining' and 'crying' are the voices of the people who use this app because they want to, and don't want a game-sanctioned event to cause us to NOT play.

We want to play. Why does that equate to 'crying' or whining'?
Well I think I was clear and this is not trolling. The name of this thread is "Update On Upcoming 7-D World Domination Event" and not are the "Why I will kill myself playing it" or "GREE = GREED".
And yes this event is directly could be tied to the strategy each team adopts. I am not here to teach people how play this game. I believe in free will. Just one advise may be simplistic but I follow it thru all the time "Play your own game the best that you can does not matter what GREE does".

Drakhoan
12-08-2014, 11:01 AM
I want to play as well! The length of WD can change every single cycle and I would still play... because I want to.

DEWIN NUTTIN
12-08-2014, 11:23 AM
Just one advise may be simplistic but I follow it thru all the time "Play your own game the best that you can does not matter what GREE does".

If the game is unplayable, or a player can't access the game, he or she can't play.
You may not be suffering that fate, but others are.

Agent Orange
12-08-2014, 11:57 AM
If the game is unplayable, or a player can't access the game, he or she can't play.
You may not be suffering that fate, but others are.

Exactly and I bet the minute that person gets locked out when 5.0 is released they will be spearheading the charge to get it fixed.

Granted it looks from the update to be at least encouraging. So with luck my concern for 5.0 will be misplaced.

DEWIN NUTTIN
12-08-2014, 12:13 PM
Exactly and I bet the minute that person gets locked out when 5.0 is released they will be spearheading the charge to get it fixed.

Granted it looks from the update to be at least encouraging. So with luck my concern for 5.0 will be misplaced.

Agreed, my friend.
This is not a time to snipe each other.
This is a time for player unity, otherwise no one will ever play this game again.
Frankly, I don't care.
I do care for those who care!
Attica, Attica, Attica!!! LOL

Bobar
12-08-2014, 12:15 PM

Hey Gree!
Maybe your customers have not been clear: We dont want a 7 day WD!
We want a working, playable app.
We want enjoy christmas.

afiq
12-08-2014, 01:01 PM

Your idea are so great and delicious Really Looking forward to it. But what will happen to u, if the enemies tap u
Insanely non stop. I know u will blame gree again because lost so much of units and by the times the day 7th,
U will see ur def decrease by 5b :)

DEWIN NUTTIN
12-08-2014, 01:15 PM
Your idea are so great and delicious Really Looking forward to it. But what will happen to u, if the enemies tap u
Insanely non stop. I know u will blame gree again because lost so much of units and by the times the day 7th,
U will see ur def decrease by 5b :)

What will happen to me? Nothing, not a darn thing. ROTFLMAO

What will happen to my games? I don't know, nor do I care. LOL Besides, all of my games are indestructible, but even if they weren't, so what? Its all make believe, and dress up dolly, Afiq. LMFAO:D:o:D:rolleyes:

MW Flake
12-08-2014, 01:18 PM
That would explain the new change. Gree needs to market to all of the little girls out there, so what better way than giving them a dolly to dress up.

Candyflosser
12-08-2014, 08:16 PM

This has been done by mobile game developer PlayNext in conjunction with their shutdown of Sword of Phantasia.
Instead of gouging their customers one last time, they announced the shutdown of the game on 11/18/2014 with the
shutdown date set 12/8/2014. What they did was make all in app purchases free so you could buy as many of the
items as you wanted & complete whichever standard goals were left.

Candyflosser
12-08-2014, 08:32 PM

No this game is pay to win - see the following article about Europe Commission ruling on making explicit the true cost of a game http://europa.eu/rapid/press-release_IP-14-847_en.htm, there was one by the FTC which is seeking to make Apple, Google & other
appstores to remove the word free from the description for applications with in app purchases.

Candyflosser
12-08-2014, 08:47 PM
Just for a point of reference - I am not in Sup - but have been in Top 10 - but now in Top 100 and my full Regen is 21 minutes. I would have to imagine someone in the Top 3 who pays to be in Top 50 crate events has less than a 10 minute full regen

but free refills would mean no bonuses would actually matter - but we all know THAT would never Happen

Actually free refills will just mean players that know the right people or if they are Android & have the right Windows or Mac
automation tool - running their account on Bluestacks or Genymotion 24x7 tapping for 7 days while you do other things
in real life can be done.

TheDanimal
12-08-2014, 08:51 PM
Too many words and too many redundant posts complaining about how Gree is the worstest company ever (yes, i said worstest), so apologies if someone said this already and I missed it.

Clementine - please pass on to the team, for future extended events, that WD is much like Vegas - a weekend is plenty. A full 6 days is waaaay too much. While we appreciate the goals being more lax and the prizes being better, that is not and never was the issue. The community doesn't want a 6 day WD because no matter what the goals are, we all will be glued to our devices as much as possible just to beat out the other factions. There are factions with officers who don't sleep the entire WD weekend to help run battles. People schedule work off. Husbands hide in bathrooms from their angry neglected wives (and vice versa)... A lot of time is invested to be there for your faction in as many battles as possible. 6 days is going to burn people out

Then there is the financial cost. 6 days will lead to an abundance of personal overspending just to support the faction. Players have learned how to pace themselves throughout a weekend, but many will probably misjudge and spend too much too quickly and either sandbag the event or end up spending more than they wanted to... all of which will lead to angry people and resentful faction members.
Also, I am willing to bet that in a per day breakdown, Gree will not make as much during this event as it would in 2 regular WD events. It's just like the 24hr WDs - people end up spending a lot more on a per day basis compared to a regular WD.

Just my $0.02

DEWIN NUTTIN
12-08-2014, 09:48 PM
Actually free refills will just mean players that know the right people or if they are Android & have the right Windows or Mac
automation tool - running their account on Bluestacks or Genymotion 24x7 tapping for 7 days while you do other things
in real life can be done.

Ah, yes, genymotion; very clever indeed.
Endorsed and used by the, well, you know.
Some call it, ATTACK BOT. LOL

NO_BS
12-08-2014, 10:27 PM
Bottom line for me is a Game is meant to be entertaining and a brief distraction from Real Life. If it crosses the line to be too time consuming or stressful, one have the choice of either to participate or not. Yes, it may be too simplistic a view if one is in a faction with obligations or want to stay competitive. But if it is no longer enjoyable, then the choice becomes simpler. To me, 7 days is too long but on the other hand it might be too short for some.

With the anticipated changes coming in the 5.0 release, might be a good time to have a relaxing holidays catch a few good movies and drinks with friends/family or take a trip w/o been a slave to one’s phone or tablets. With luck, the decision could even be made if the updates locks me out or crashes till unplayable ;)

AoV Republic
12-08-2014, 11:18 PM
I don't read much of the other posts but has this been tested, Bc most events that GREE pushed have failed completely and it all sound nice on a post and on paper but will it work out like how everything is expected. Will the rewards drop at the end for all categories of Faction, Indy, and Divsion. Will the timers work properly, will everything run smoothly or are we to expect that nothing works right and causes even problems

robmurphy
12-08-2014, 11:43 PM
In all the time I've played, and all the posts I've made, I've argued against the naysayers who whine and complain about Gree. I always defend Gree who are a commercial entity (and therefore must make as much profit for their stakeholders as possible) and who a technical IT company who like all other such companies (Microsoft Windows?) have many glitches.

However, and as a first for me, I have to say that a 7 day WD is simply wrong. It's the Christmas holiday season, one of the very few times us MW addicts accept it's time to put our iPads down and socialise with our families.

Please Gree, I'll fight your corner against the complaining masses, but please listen to all the posters (including a lot of us big spenders in Top 5 factions) and change this cycles WD back to 3 days.

Maybe even consider giving us Christmas and Boxing Day off.

Please listen Gree......

Danger Mouse
12-09-2014, 12:29 AM
In all the time I've played, and all the posts I've made, I've argued against the naysayers who whine and complain about Gree. I always defend Gree who are a commercial entity (and therefore must make as much profit for their stakeholders as possible) and who a technical IT company who like all other such companies (Microsoft Windows?) have many glitches.

However, and as a first for me, I have to say that a 7 day WD is simply wrong. It's the Christmas holiday season, one of the very few times us MW addicts accept it's time to put our iPads down and socialise with our families.

Please Gree, I'll fight your corner against the complaining masses, but please listen to all the posters (including a lot of us big spenders in Top 5 factions) and change this cycles WD back to 3 days.

Maybe even consider giving us Christmas and Boxing Day off.

Please listen Gree......

First of all Rob - your money, agree 100% that you spend it as you see fit. No problem with that whatsoever.

Having said that, you big spenders will reward Gree handsomely for this 7 day event. In fact, that's what they're counting on - all that compulsive spending flowing into the coffers to finish off the year with a bang!
-
Merry Christmas dude.

robmurphy
12-09-2014, 12:58 AM
First of all Rob - your money, agree 100% that you spend it as you see fit. No problem with that whatsoever.

Having said that, you big spenders will reward Gree handsomely for this 7 day event. In fact, that's what they're counting on - all that compulsive spending flowing into the coffers to finish off the year with a bang!
-
Merry Christmas dude.

True DM, I will probably spend 2 WD cycles gold in this one WD. I'm not trying to justify that, in the cold morning that follows a WD, when I'm nursing my swollen tapping finger and battling the sleep deprivation, I always ask myself why?

Truth is, it's fun for me (and I'm certainly not one of the BIG spenders), when it's not, I'll stop.

In fact, as I'm writing this, it will most likely be a very expensive war, because even though I'm hopelessly addicted to this game, I'll probably only log on when my faction has a battle against one of our big rivals and I'll tap till the final whistle. Which means over the 7 days I'll probably use very few 'free' hits as I won't be logged on too much.

Madness? Yes, probably.......

Perhaps I'll justify it by pretending it's my English eccentricity.......

Mad dogs and Englishmen............

robmurphy
12-09-2014, 01:13 AM
Lmfao I'm so glad I just sold my account. I had to make an account just for this ha ha. You all are crash dummies and empty minds that continue to play this stupid f/ucking game. Get a life and move on. You b/itch and cry about the games not going your way... Here's some news, wake the f/uck up!!!

What a wonderfully constructed reply, such wonderful use of the English language. Shakespeare would be envious of your enlightened prose.

Post reported, have yourself a nice day.

Bob Belcher
12-09-2014, 04:13 PM
Exactly we are all crash dummies strapped in our seats and the plane is set on auto pilot and will crash some where! Just like that Malaysia airliner did! Gree employees will enjoy their 7 day holiday while we all crash and burn some where! LMAO Good Luck and Merry Christmas ����

Moose02364
12-09-2014, 08:28 PM
Make it a 12 day event for the 12 days of Xmas and give a great unit or energy boosts to top 12 factions in each group at the end of each 24 hour period. So the top 12 in the top 25 get special awards all the way to the top 12 in the top 4000 group.

Danger Mouse
12-09-2014, 09:44 PM
Make it a 12 day event for the 12 days of Xmas and give a great unit or energy boosts to top 12 factions in each group at the end of each 24 hour period. So the top 12 in the top 25 get special awards all the way to the top 12 in the top 4000 group.

Way to go, make us all slaves to the faction charge for prizes on not just seven, but each and every day of 12. That's an even worse idea.

Candyflosser
12-09-2014, 11:10 PM
Way to go, make us all slaves to the faction charge for prizes on not just seven, but each and every day of 12. That's an even worse idea.

There is the part of a good idea hidden in that suggestion, but instead of the top faction scoring - make it
12 days & random drawing lottery of the good prizes, so it is not the faction that spends the most but
eligibility for that 24 hr block prize requires the faction participate in at least 1 battle.

rambo 1st blood
12-12-2014, 11:40 PM
Thanks heaps GREE . This is awesome. There is tens of thousands of player's out there remember. The select few in these forums that complain constantly don't speak for everyone. The ones in here whinging over and over about needing a break or they don't like it , well ignore them. They can put game down if they don't like it. Everyone else is happy . Keep up the great work and love the new upgrade

cdun13
12-16-2014, 04:18 AM
I like the idea! Let's kick some ass VFF! And now we have extra prizes if we get a certain amount of points so that's a bonus!

Speed ump
12-16-2014, 08:42 AM
I saw gree is giving a community prize of scoring goes above x,lol. Like that will really give everyone an incentive to spend more. Each team will still continue to do as it needs for where they want to end up.

Web323
12-16-2014, 08:50 AM
I saw gree is giving a community prize of scoring goes above x,lol. Like that will really give everyone an incentive to spend more. Each team will still continue to do as it needs for where they want to end up.

They figure you guys will spend a ton on a 7 day WD which I doubt. Your place is already set, we will just play for fun.

truthteller
12-16-2014, 11:36 AM

They figure you guys will spend a ton on a 7 day WD which I doubt. Your place is already set, we will just play for fun.

6,300,000,000 BPs divided by average of 10,000 BPs per hit (using conservative numbers) = 630,000 attacks

630,000 attacks divided by 6,000 (lets just assume 1000 factions with 60 members each, we have more than 6,000 players hitting in WD) = 105 attacks per player

so I am sure many players get way more than 105 attaks during a 3 day WD

So in a way, this community event is achievable..................UNLESS
everytime a goal is completed (4.2b, 5b, 5.4b and 6.3b) the counters resets to ZERO in which case, we as a community will need 21b BPs to complete all 4 goals

if total is 21b for all 4 goals, then with the same above (21b/10k = 2.1m/6k = 350 attacks per players on a 6,000 player community..............still doable

would be nice to get official word from gree is we need 6.3b BPs or 21b BPs to complete event

Web323
12-16-2014, 01:32 PM
So in a way, this community event is achievable..................UNLESS
everytime a goal is completed (4.2b, 5b, 5.4b and 6.3b) the counters resets to ZERO in which case, we as a community will need 21b BPs to complete all 4 goals
^^^^^^^^^
You know they will do this

Bobar
12-16-2014, 04:11 PM
So the lastest carrot to try to make us like the 7 day WD is a reward, everyone gets achieved by the community? Don't tell us you thought we may like this. You just try to make your fault a little less worse.

SiaoNam
12-16-2014, 11:19 PM
For the upcoming 7 days WD, I would foresee:
Day 1-3, players is still trying to understand the logic and maths of how the WD points derive.*Do note that the equipment also play a part. It is weird that a 4B attack stat could lost to a 2B def stat.
Day 3-5, GREE tech team may still trying to resolve all the bugs and glitch.
Day 6-7, if all goes well, bugs free, glitch free, players understand better, then a more direction heading for the factions.

The 7 days is a GO GO GO...Let's do the NIKE way. Take it and enjoy it.
Merry Christmas.

Bluehavana2
12-17-2014, 03:46 AM
For the upcoming 7 days WD, I would foresee:
Day 1-3, players is still trying to understand the logic and maths of how the WD points derive.*Do note that the equipment also play a part. It is weird that a 4B attack stat could lost to a 2B def stat.
Day 3-5, GREE tech team may still trying to resolve all the bugs and glitch.
Day 6-7, if all goes well, bugs free, glitch free, players understand better, then a more direction heading for the factions.

The 7 days is a GO GO GO...Let's do the NIKE way. Take it and enjoy it.
Merry Christmas.

Only issue I have with this logic is ...
Day 3 is Saturday, so gree support nonexistent on days 3-4
Days 5-7 is Christmas week, bet that gree staff is minimal due to holiday vacations.

So, pretty much business as usual!

Agent Orange
12-17-2014, 04:11 AM
If there is this much confusion about this event now, logically it should be scrapped.

sstuutss
12-17-2014, 04:19 AM
If there is this much confusion about this event now, logically it should be scrapped.
While I a gree, do you really think is going to scrap what they hope will be a cash cow?

bam bam.
12-17-2014, 05:31 AM
Cash cow, I won't even be using free health packs on this one. Get minimums will be a cake walk

Agent Orange
12-17-2014, 06:10 AM
While I a gree, do you really think is going to scrap what they hope will be a cash cow?

Of course NOT, gree has consistently refused to listen to it's customers.

mickymacirl
12-17-2014, 06:13 AM
Of course NOT, gree has consistently refused to listen to it's customers.

It's been like that for 3 years AO, why do you think it will ever change? :P You sound like they would or something.

Speed ump
12-17-2014, 09:09 AM
anyone expecting gree to change from their standard mo, has not been paying attention the last three years. Since I believe they are running on outside servers now, I'm not sure that a power blackout at their offices would even stop it. Might stop customer service though. Oh wait a minute, maybe that's the problem, they've had a three year power outage.

I Will Merc You
12-17-2014, 09:28 AM
The evolution of Modern War...

...what was once was a game with a few scattered bugs, has become a bug with some scattered gaming.

An acceptable 'update on the upcoming 7 day World Domination Event' would be that the event has been shelved...IMO

DEWIN NUTTIN
12-17-2014, 09:43 AM
What an odd world we exist in these days.
People used to play games when they felt like wasting time.
Today people play games under the instruction and direction of some fictional, self appointed "leader" with fictional "officer fanboys and sycophants" to assist THE BIG CHEESE.
The "little drone game playing warriors" no longer decide what they want to do and when they can do it, but perform their assigned duties as JOB NUMERO UNO or risk getting kicked out of some fake faction full of "unknown friends".

To top it all off, through no fault of many, their "games" went missing, and they fret about getting booted out of their "fake" faction of TRUE friends.

Playing has now become working.
Odd, so very, very odd.

Why not be the BOSS of you?

If YOU decide YOU want to play, do it.

If you'd rather do other things over the holidays, do them.

I don't see Gree asking you what YOU want to do. LOL

truthteller
12-17-2014, 10:31 AM
Only issue I have with this logic is ...
Day 3 is Saturday, so gree support nonexistent on days 3-4
Days 5-7 is Christmas week, bet that gree staff is minimal due to holiday vacations.

So, pretty much business as usual!

Bluehavana2, you are mistaken on gree support non existent on days 3-4
Gree Support is nonexistent on day 1 to day 365 (and on day 366 every 4 year) :D

Vegaman
12-17-2014, 10:46 AM
I came back to look see as i heard there may be a totally free 7 day event.... Great idea who ever it was.... My old timer faction contacted me... We'd all come back for that and who knows...
Maybe stay...!

Bluehavana2
12-17-2014, 11:10 AM
Bluehavana2, you are mistaken on gree support non existent on days 3-4
Gree Support is nonexistent on day 1 to day 365 (and on day 366 every 4 year) :D

Yeah, I was trying to keep it as positive as possible!

Cannot Connect To Server
12-17-2014, 11:59 AM
i agree with dewin. its 7 days long. play for fun play in your time zone when u can do. no point stressing over virtual nothings and points that help no one in real life.

its a game or was meant to be.

so change it back. take your days back and live your lives for real and play "games" when u feel like it.

hv fun. bye.

Speed ump
12-17-2014, 03:29 PM
Dew has missed the point to some extent. There are many people who actually WANT to play at the level that they do. I have tried the boycott word a few times due to the game issues, and was chastised by the vast majority for it. They WANT to play. As a servant of my team, I must do as the majority wishes, as long as it dosnt violate the basic principles we have always stood for. Of mr dew has no friends, that's his business, and his right not to. Some of the rest of us feel differently, some just want to play at the level they're at for themselves

Kefa
12-17-2014, 05:42 PM
What an odd world we exist in these days.
People used to play games when they felt like wasting time.
Today people play games under the instruction and direction of some fictional, self appointed "leader" with fictional "officer fanboys and sycophants" to assist THE BIG CHEESE.
The "little drone game playing warriors" no longer decide what they want to do and when they can do it, but perform their assigned duties as JOB NUMERO UNO or risk getting kicked out of some fake faction full of "unknown friends".

To top it all off, through no fault of many, their "games" went missing, and they fret about getting booted out of their "fake" faction of TRUE friends.

Playing has now become working.
Odd, so very, very odd.

Why not be the BOSS of you?

If YOU decide YOU want to play, do it.

If you'd rather do other things over the holidays, do them.

I don't see Gree asking you what YOU want to do. LOL

You know how it is. There are certain accomplishments that can be achieved by a certain level of performance/participation if the team functions well together. So, for me anyway, it's not so much "do as I say or else" as it is, "hey, team, do we want to accomplish this goal? If so, here is what it will take from each player to get it done". Nobody HAS to do it... but if someone doesn't want to do it, then they should let someone else who does want to do it have their spot since space is limited. Lots of people do still want to play.

It will never again be like the "goode 'ol days of yore", I suppose, but I'm sure you used to believe that drive to see people working well together to do what others couldn't was what made the game fun in the first place.

DEWIN NUTTIN
12-17-2014, 05:51 PM
You know how it is. There are certain accomplishments that can be achieved by a certain level of performance/participation if the team functions well together. So, for me anyway, it's not so much "do as I say or else" as it is, "hey, team, do we want to accomplish this goal? If so, here is what it will take from each player to get it done". Nobody HAS to do it... but if someone doesn't want to do it, then they should let someone else who does want to do it have their spot since space is limited. Lots of people do still want to play.

It will never again be like the "goode 'ol days of yore", I suppose, but I'm sure you used to believe that drive to see people working well together to do what others couldn't was what made the game fun in the first place.

There are teams that are egalitarian.
There are teams that function as a dictatorship.
There are teams that enjoy DEWIN NUTTIN in a NUTTIN game.
Life is replete with choices.
What a beautiful site a rainbow is.
Or, another sight to behold, a Dunkin Donuts, Shipleys, or Tim Hortons at about 4:30 AM full of fresh, tasty treats and good, hot java. LOL

Kefa
12-17-2014, 06:08 PM
Or, another sight to behold, a Dunkin Donuts, Shipleys, or Tim Hortons at about 4:30 AM full of fresh, tasty treats and good, hot java. LOL

Now we're talkin' ;)

Arc9761
12-17-2014, 06:12 PM
What a beautiful site a rainbow is.

Mmmmmmmmmm!
Tim Horton's!!
I have given them wayyyyy too much money.

Tinker
12-18-2014, 12:24 PM
In my first and to be only battle in this event the opposition has numerous blank names on my iOs but on my Droid those blanks are conveniently filled with my screen name. I had the choice of attacking myself in 9 positions on the oppositions roster. I picked one and I kicked my ass. The result screen displayed the true opponents name.

If I turn off my game for 1 month do you think Gree will have enough time to undo the damage they have done to the game?