PDA

View Full Version : Conflicting Message From AMA Today

Bobble64
12-04-2014, 08:52 PM
Milburn Pennybags said account jumping between factions makes sense and would be something they would look into as a reason for enabling faction leaders to disable FLTQ's.

I think the game should be allowed to be played in every usable manner. Game mechanics will always be exploited to provide a means of gaining an advantage over your competitor. This isn't "hacking" or an unfair advantage when everyone can duplicate the result. With that being said though, how can the developers be against prestaging, but accept LLP's getting rewards via faction jumping?

Seph
12-04-2014, 09:22 PM
Because prestaging allows for players to reduce the required amount of energy for an event. Which that event is defined by a specific timeframe; therefore, making the act of prestaging an act of progression during the inactive time of said event.

On the flip side.... I prestage all the time, at nearly 20 energy a min and 6500 total, prestaging offers huge benefits (especially since I've never really had targets reset while doing so).

All in all, I can understand why they (Gree) do not support the prestaging, but as long as it's available, take advantage!

MW Flake
12-05-2014, 02:56 AM
I don't think Gree ever said they were against prestaging, just that they don't (can't) officially support it. There is always something unforeseen or enexpected that may cause a dropback from where you currently are. Think of a simple word document. You are using autosave, but something goes wrong and it crashes. You open it back up and its still there except for the last 2-3 sentences. An oversimplified example, but I think you get the idea. If they come out saying they support prestaging, then they are on the hook for every little hiccup between you and them, even if it was because your connection dropped through no fault of theirs. Support would be a mess, and they really might not be able to do anything on an account by account basis easily. So it brings to where we are, which is you can do it, but it's not guaranteed. Which overall it doesn't reset too much too often.