PDA

View Full Version : AMA

Evan1000
12-04-2014, 08:09 PM
Well I see this AMA sucked, I expected a little more considering you guys were actually here for two hours and even opened up the thread early so we can ask questions in advance just for a majority of them to be ignored.. here were my 3 unanswered questions feel free to post yours below

I have a few questions I would like to ask-

1- Why do bank deposit fee reduction mods stack the way they do and do you mind changing it so they add up instead of each mod basically canceling each other out? I understand how it works, and it's smart lol but would it honestly hurt for a guy that takes the time and effort to collect 10 of these mods to have free banking? I have 8 of these and it calculates to -52% off the bank fee.. I understand you may not want everyone to have free banking but would it really hurt to have it? (The answer is no btw)

2- What is up with the LTQ's? I mean in all fairness.. you can't honestly think that these LTQ's are even remotely worth both the reqs and the prizes. The prize for normal sucks utterly and most cannot complete it for free anyway so why bother? I thought when you guys released the anniversary LTQ (where I actually spent gold to complete normal.. big surprise) you guys would fix up the LTQ's for good but they actually got WORSE. The triple threat LTQ was horrendous.. Even one of your top gold spenders posted a warning thread on the forums about it! He has how much energy regen and still needed gold to finish it! So please.. fix these dang LTQ's already. Also, here's the thread if you want to take a look for yourself http://forums.gree.net/showthread.ph...e-LTQ-it-sucks!!

3- What's up with the individual prizes? I can get a better prize if I'm in a lower ranking tier? Don't even try saying the raw stats make it better.. 2k in raw stats over a 1% modifier I wonder which one actually makes a difference. A great solution for this would be to.. not change the prizes.. but add the ability to CHOOSE which prize you want (meaning the prize in your tier or anything before it). That way we don't have to watch the individual leaderboards about dropping or passing the rank we want and spend more gold in the process!

oderus_urungus
12-04-2014, 08:15 PM
He make no cents an he no no what he say

Dipstik
12-04-2014, 08:41 PM
Dunno what you're complaining about... My question got answered.

aarondavidsdad
12-04-2014, 08:53 PM
Concise questions are generally easier to answer. If you look back through the transcript, essentially nothing was said besides there is some new content coming soon and any suggested game changes would be taken under consideration.

Sleazy_P_Martini
12-04-2014, 10:38 PM
Concise questions are generally easier to answer.

he did comment on my turtle crack. so perhaps you're right.

edit: wait, i dont have a turtle crack. i meant my herd of turtles joke.

-Batman-
12-05-2014, 12:13 AM
No matter who posts it, they never reply to why 250's are punished compared to any other level

Nighteg
12-05-2014, 02:33 AM
he did comment on my turtle crack. so perhaps you're right.

edit: wait, i dont have a turtle crack. i meant my herd of turtles joke.

We will be adding your herd of turtles to our list of improvements! Thank you!

Sleazy_P_Martini
12-05-2014, 02:34 AM
No matter who posts it, they never reply to why 250's are punished compared to any other level

well now you'll be able to camp at level 250.

aarondavidsdad
12-05-2014, 05:31 AM
I wish I'd suggested that it would be helpful if the att, def, and income values were all formatted with commas for easier reading.

smokey77
12-05-2014, 06:07 AM
1- Why do bank deposit fee reduction mods stack the way they do and do you mind changing it so they add up instead of each mod basically canceling each other out? I understand how it works, and it's smart lol but would it honestly hurt for a guy that takes the time and effort to collect 10 of these mods to have free banking? I have 8 of these and it calculates to -52% off the bank fee.. I understand you may not want everyone to have free banking but would it really hurt to have it? (The answer is no btw)

They maybe didn`t answer your questions because you appear to ask them and then go on to try and answer them yourself :rolleyes: I agree with what aarondavidsdad said concise questions are more likely to get an answer than asking a question then rambling on about the said subject , not just you btw theres plenty "questions" in that thread that are similar .

fuzzy
12-05-2014, 06:24 AM

Disagree with you.

3 players asked about selling of accounts.

You being 1 of them.

They never responded to any of them.

Dipstik
12-05-2014, 06:31 AM
That wasn't my question, that was something I threw I 2 minutes before he left.

TMI
12-05-2014, 06:46 AM
AMA is Against Medical Advice

Max Power
12-05-2014, 07:26 AM

Evan seems to thrive on starting new complaining threads daily. Must be living a pretty good life to have this much time to spend worrying about this crap. Clearly it fills a void.

Engram
12-05-2014, 09:44 AM
We're still working through the questions - we'll answer what we can!

I love tacos
12-05-2014, 10:00 AM
Why so long for an answer to the questions that were posted yesterday or the day before? This is a great new aspect to the forum but it sounds like you share an office with customer service.

<3 Hz
12-05-2014, 10:06 AM
They also need to post odds on their box & case events. Every state lottery posts odds for it's games, so why can't you GREE?

Nighteg
12-05-2014, 10:22 AM
They also need to post odds on their box & case events. Every state lottery posts odds for it's games, so why can't you GREE?

Because if they do, you'll never spend a dime.

Clementine
12-05-2014, 10:51 AM
The team had a lot of questions and worked hard to answer as many as they could with what limited time and resources they had. Originally we were supposed to have more from the team answer questions, but they were pulled away at the last minute for something they could not avoid. That being said, as I mentioned at the end of the AMA, they will be popping in over the next few days and into next week to answer as many of the remaining questions as they can.

Evan1000
12-05-2014, 12:01 PM
Evan seems to thrive on starting new complaining threads daily. Must be living a pretty good life to have this much time to spend worrying about this crap. Clearly it fills a void.

I'm not complaining, I'm providing constructive criticism to help make this game better.

And I'm just a teenager with nothing better to do.. what's your excuse? You act like you don't visit these forums actively and play this game to, maybe not to the extent others do but close enough to it.

Also, I'm a kid, I'm allowed to play video games ;) how old are you exactly?

Evan1000
12-05-2014, 12:04 PM
They maybe didn`t answer your questions because you appear to ask them and then go on to try and answer them yourself :rolleyes: I agree with what aarondavidsdad said concise questions are more likely to get an answer than asking a question then rambling on about the said subject , not just you btw theres plenty "questions" in that thread that are similar .

I didn't, re-read what I wrote

Dipstik
12-05-2014, 12:16 PM
I didn't, re-read what I wrote

Maybe you should sometime...

Greeny1
12-05-2014, 02:32 PM
Basically they said lots of ideas would possibly,maybe,never be implemented and not much help on the burning questions about better (different) mods for events, pointless ltqs, or things that matter. Lots of improvements in the new update that us being released at some point soon (maybe).
But at least they have made contact with the players......it's a step in the right direction.
Would make sense to have an open question forum where people could post and maybe a developer forum where they could post info for the players when they know things.
The basics missing from the game are knowing what exactly you are playing to win at what stage in each event.

1Shot
12-05-2014, 08:21 PM
Great job to the developers, or just developer I should say because those were a lot of questions to answer. I had some questions also, but didn't post in time ;(

John_Locke
12-05-2014, 08:52 PM
Well, after an unfortunately disappointing Player Appreciation Month, the Developer AMA is finally over. All those tickets "passed along", all the great ideas over the years, and all the great questions asked. And what a turnout! Let's go over what we can expect in the near future!

We'll be rolling out some of the requested items (and more!) through our new 6.0 update (ETA next week - build notes coming soon!) and our content expansion pack (ETA week of 12/15). Specifically, the new 6.0 update will have the collect all button, and better units to purchase will be rolled out in the store in the content expansion pack. ... Our 6.0 update will bring some exciting new features to the core gameplay in Crime City (more info coming soon!), and we’ll also be releasing a content expansion pack which will include 1) level cap increase to level 300, 2) 4 new areas, 3) new store items, 4) hood expansion and more!

Great news! The level cap, set at 250 for so long, is being increased to 300. On top of that, we can look forward to new areas on our map. Admittedly a fairly underwhelming addition, but it will give those L300 players access to four extra skill points. On top of that, we're liking at New store items and hood expansions! This will benefit the high income players and reward them for their years of loyalty. A good addition to the game. Going along with the increased hood size is a new 'Collect All' button; again, a bit underwhelming, but for players with truly immense hoods this will eliminate a lot of tedious tapping.

What else can we look forward to? Well, our developer goes on!

We’re definitely looking into streamlining and optimizing our live ops schedule. Hopefully the changes that brings will help alleviate some of the community’s concerns. The suggestion posted below may also be a part of that solution.

Would you enjoy a few hours of rest after the World Domination event? If so, this answer may have lifted your spirits! But take a closer look. Phrases like "looking into," "hopefully" and "may" negate any definitive answer. Such changes to the game are thus purely imaginary, and their ETA unknowable. In fact, this kind of answer is sadly the normal go-to instead of the exception. Answers like

We’ll add this to our list of improvements to consider as we’d like to keep international guild memberships a functional and thriving aspect of the game.

And

Agreed! This is something we’re currently looking at actually, it’s been an issue across several of our titles and are working toward implementing a solution.

It seems the only other change we can expect are the ladies getting their hair back. But it's not all bad news! Despite the horrendous pressure put on a relatively small part of the team (thanks for the insight, Clementine!) Our developers did manage to answer the most important question.

Didn't know turtles could type.

1Shot
12-05-2014, 10:02 PM
Well, after an unfortunately disappointing Player Appreciation Month, the Developer AMA is finally over. All those tickets "passed along", all the great ideas over the years, and all the great questions asked. And what a turnout! Let's go over what we can expect in the near future!

Great news! The level cap, set at 250 for so long, is being increased to 300. On top of that, we can look forward to new areas on our map. Admittedly a fairly underwhelming addition, but it will give those L300 players access to four extra skill points. On top of that, we're liking at New store items and hood expansions! This will benefit the high income players and reward them for their years of loyalty. A good addition to the game. Going along with the increased hood size is a new 'Collect All' button; again, a bit underwhelming, but for players with truly immense hoods this will eliminate a lot of tedious tapping.

What else can we look forward to? Well, our developer goes on!

Would you enjoy a few hours of rest after the World Domination event? If so, this answer may have lifted your spirits! But take a closer look. Phrases like "looking into," "hopefully" and "may" negate any definitive answer. Such changes to the game are thus purely imaginary, and their ETA unknowable. In fact, this kind of answer is sadly the normal go-to instead of the exception. Answers like

And

It seems the only other change we can expect are the ladies getting their hair back. But it's not all bad news! Despite the horrendous pressure put on a relatively small part of the team (thanks for the insight, Clementine!) Our developers did manage to answer the most important question.

Trust me, changes will be made and seen, it does take time. Remember also the new update for crime city will also be coming out soon with many changes! A reason Engram may not go into deep details with some of these ideas or complaints pointed out is not because he doesn't care, but because we don't want to spoil upcoming events or ideas!

Sleazy_P_Martini
12-05-2014, 10:31 PM
We're still working through the questions - we'll answer what we can!

despite how it may seem, we actually appreciate you stopping by and fielding some of these questions.

John_Locke
12-05-2014, 11:19 PM
Trust me, changes will be made and soon, it does take time.

I don't mean to contribute to the already tiresome complaining on the forum, but a very similar message has been sent over and over by forum moderators for over a year. "Soon" is another word that places the sentence it's part of into the 'evasion' category.

Remember also the new update for crime city will also be coming out soon with many changes!

Changes covered in my previous post. Credit where credit is due.

A reason Engram may not go into deep details with some of these ideas or complaints pointed out is not because he doesn't care, but because we don't want to spoil upcoming events or ideas!

Speaking from years of experience as a General Manager of someone else's business and as the current owner of my own (mildly successful) business, I've had my fair share of disgruntled customers. When people who pay you get angry, you give them something; anything. Anything you can do to make them feel better. The truly unfortunate thing is, two very good ideas were implemented: first was some long awaited improvements, and second was an open forum with people who have first-hand experience with the intricacies of the game. Up until now, forum members have been demanding answers of forum moderators and customer support technicians who invariably pass our problems along to these very developers.

The problem, unfortunately, was the implementation. The AMA started out with a list of all the updates and improvements, effectively showing your entire hand in the opening round. Perhaps a more effective approach would have been to incorporate these announcements into your answers, since it was obvious that at the very least the level cap would come up in someone's question. In reality, you used all your ammo in the first salvo before the enemy even got close.

This brings me to the AMA itself. I have little to add to my previous post; admittedly I did put a lot of information into one post, so it may be advantageous to refresh your memory on specific points. As for my last point of the current post, I'd like to bring everything to a very fine point. A question I want everyone to ask themselves.

A reason Engram may not go into deep details... [is] because we don't want to spoil upcoming events or ideas!

If answering pointed questions was going to spoil upcoming events and ideas, what was the point of the AMA?

Please discuss.

-Batman-
12-06-2014, 12:05 AM
I would really appreciate it tho if it could be explained why level 250 are massively punished in events when before the tier was 201-250 I think

John_Locke
12-06-2014, 12:14 AM
before the tier was 201-250 I think

Could you please clarify? Because right now, you're saying that before the L250 players were punished, it was the L201-L249 players that were being punished.

Also, please clarify the purpose of this question now that the level cap is being increased to 300. Or are you working up to the point that L300 players will be punished just as the 250s are being punished now?

oderus_urungus
12-06-2014, 12:36 AM
I would really appreciate it tho if it could be explained why level 250 are massively punished in events when before the tier was 201-250 I think

becose of reasons ok? Yes

John_Locke
12-07-2014, 12:03 AM
I would like to keep this thread alive and current. There are a lot of very good questions that need answering.

-Batman-
12-07-2014, 12:24 AM
Could you please clarify? Because right now, you're saying that before the L250 players were punished, it was the L201-L249 players that were being punished.

Also, please clarify the purpose of this question now that the level cap is being increased to 300. Or are you working up to the point that L300 players will be punished just as the 250s are being punished now?

Before they changed it the top tier I think was 201-250 now it's 201-249 and 250 punished heavy.
Not sure what's gonna happen when lvl cap increased to 300

Evan1000
12-07-2014, 07:15 AM
Maybe you should sometime...

1- Why do bank deposit fee reduction mods stack the way they do and do you mind changing it so they add up instead of each mod basically canceling each other out?I understand how it works, and it's smart lol but would it honestly hurt for a guy that takes the time and effort to collect 10 of these mods to have free banking? I have 8 of these and it calculates to -52% off the bank fee.. I understand you may not want everyone to have free banking but would it really hurt to have it? (The answer is no btw)

I asked two separate questions and answered the second, but they were pretty much the same lol so sorry

Sleazy_P_Martini
12-07-2014, 08:29 AM
Here's what I don't get....

We are all familiar with busy hectic jobs. Slaving away at a desk behind a computer all day. A hectic job is a hectic job. No matter what kind of job it is.

I find it hard to believe that a group of people cannot find the time to hop on a message board to answer a few questions. I mean, do you know how many questions I can answer in 15 minutes in my field?

a General Manager? thats practically the top dawg. This is what leads to to understand why such a great disconnect exists between the community and developers.

As much as I appreciate the little Engram has answered, I'm also disappointed at the amount of engagement.

Perhaps the turtles should learn to type.

Nighteg
12-07-2014, 08:38 AM
Here's what I don't get....

We are all familiar with busy hectic jobs. Slaving away at a desk behind a computer all day. A hectic job is a hectic job. No matter what kind of job it is.

I find it hard to believe that a group of people cannot find the time to hop on a message board to answer a few questions. I mean, do you know how many questions I can answer in 15 minutes in my field?

a General Manager? thats practically the top dawg. This is what leads to to understand why such a great disconnect exists between the community and developers.

As much as I appreciate the little Engram has answered, I'm also disappointed at the amount of engagement.

Perhaps the turtles should learn to type.

Totally agree. This Engram reminds me of Marie Antoinette, with how much they're disconnected from their players.

Max Power
12-07-2014, 09:47 AM
I'm not complaining, I'm providing constructive criticism to help make this game better.

And I'm just a teenager with nothing better to do.. what's your excuse? You act like you don't visit these forums actively and play this game to, maybe not to the extent others do but close enough to it.

Also, I'm a kid, I'm allowed to play video games ;) how old are you exactly?

LOL....right. Use any analogies or euphimisms you want. Complaining is still complaining. You start threads whining about LTQs you dont participate in, whine about syndicate prizes you arent earning etc etc etc. All while not spending a nickel. You are not a customer.

It is not constructive criticism at all. And "I am just a kid" doesnt get you a free pass. Its an adult forum.

Evan1000
12-07-2014, 11:20 AM
LOL....right. Use any analogies or euphimisms you want. Complaining is still complaining. You start threads whining about LTQs you dont participate in, whine about syndicate prizes you arent earning etc etc etc. All while not spending a nickel. You are not a customer.

It is not constructive criticism at all. And "I am just a kid" doesnt get you a free pass. Its an adult forum.

Complaining and giving feedback and suggestions on a video game are two different things.. it's just in GREE's case where most of the feedback is negative. And I don't have to spend a nickel or even a penny, I pay for this game with time and time is as good as money.

Also, I never said me being a kid was an excuse, I'm probably more mature than half of the adults playing this game.. I said it was better than the alternative of being an adult with no life which you accused me of not having ;)

Chris Boa
12-07-2014, 03:08 PM
Thanks for replying to my question

Dipstik
12-07-2014, 03:39 PM
Being young is no excuse for being stupid, Evan. No one here knows your age unless you tell them, and no one cares even if you do. Try stepping up your game a bit and maybe you won't have to say "lol I'm 16!" every other post.

1Shot
12-07-2014, 04:05 PM
Let's not start a flame war... Or else this thread will have to be locked!

Max Power
12-07-2014, 04:08 PM
Complaining and giving feedback and suggestions on a video game are two different things.. it's just in GREE's case where most of the feedback is negative. And I don't have to spend a nickel or even a penny, I pay for this game with time and time is as good as money.

Also, I never said me being a kid was an excuse, I'm probably more mature than half of the adults playing this game.. I said it was better than the alternative of being an adult with no life which you accused me of not having ;)

Yeah, because the first words out of your mouth being "Well I see this AMA sucked" is such constructive criticism. And no, wasting a lot of your own time does NOT make you a customer. I see you are getting a head start on your sense of entitlement and warped view of how things really are. You should get that checked.

I also never said you have no life, so add making things up out of the blue to the list. Just quit with the whining and the fabrication and the rationalization and the excuse making and we will be right as rain.

Greeny1
12-07-2014, 04:22 PM
So any date for the new upgrade?

Evan1000
12-07-2014, 05:16 PM
Yeah, because the first words out of your mouth being "Well I see this AMA sucked" is such constructive criticism. And no, wasting a lot of your own time does NOT make you a customer. I see you are getting a head start on your sense of entitlement and warped view of how things really are. You should get that checked.

I also never said you have no life, so add making things up out of the blue to the list. Just quit with the whining and the fabrication and the rationalization and the excuse making and we will be right as rain.

How isn't that constructive? (Alright fine it isn't.. but neither was your first comment).

What do you mean by I already have a sense of entitlement? What do I feel like I'm entitled to? A game company to use common sense?

And you said it sounds like I have a pretty good life sarcastically, which hints that completely.. but if not and you really meant you think I have a good life I'm sorry for misinterpreting what you said.

John_Locke
12-07-2014, 07:21 PM
Let's not start a flame war... Or else this thread will have to be locked!

It's not the thread that's the problem. Locking the thread is overkill.