PDA

View Full Version : MW 3 Year Annivesary

Evil Mastermind
12-03-2014, 09:41 AM
Mods...

It would be nice to have something the players actually want, as way of celebrating the 3-year Annivesary. I would find it difficult to believe that anyone, other than GREE, truly wants a 7 day WD event.

How about canceling said event, instead express your holiday wishes by releasing Thief's "Fountain of Youth" building that won the vote during "player appreciation" month. Just run the regular WD the week before Xmas and release the new building during the holiday week.

Make players happy by not killing the holiday season with a silly extended WD. At the same time, make good on releasing the building that should have already been released. Listen to the players and community.

Cheers,
EM

I Will Merc You
12-03-2014, 09:47 AM
Great message EM.

.....the announcement (and reason) for having the 7 day WD event was/is shrouded in the belief that 'this is what the players want'. Would be very curious to see exactly how many 'players' have ever asked for an extended WD.

Clementine, not one person on this forum has ever requested such an event. Because 'not one person ever' is probably a stretch...I'm prepared to accept the possibility that maybe there was ONE person who may have ever asked for it.

...please stop saying that a 7 day WD event is being done with THE PLAYERS IN MIND.....it is an insult.

Either call it like it is, or, simply don't call it.

Bobar
12-03-2014, 09:59 AM
great idea, support this one!

and maybe event think of doing NO EVENTS between the years

Seph
12-03-2014, 10:10 AM
Mods...

It would be nice to have something the players actually want, as way of celebrating the 3-year Annivesary. I would find it difficult to believe that anyone, other than GREE, truly wants a 7 day WD event.

How about canceling said event, instead express your holiday wishes by releasing Thief's "Fountain of Youth" building that won the vote during "player appreciation" month. Just run the regular WD the week before Xmas and release the new building during the holiday week.

Make players happy by not killing the holiday season with a silly extended WD. At the same time, make good on releasing the building that should have already been released. Listen to the players and community.

Cheers,
EM

^^Sounds great to me!^^

B.Mick
12-03-2014, 10:33 AM
Mods...

Cheers,
EM

Liking this message!

1S1K
12-03-2014, 10:43 AM
Gree listen to us? That would be a first...

Pidgeot
12-03-2014, 11:07 AM
I agree. I do not want a 7 day WD. By the third day I'm getting tired of it. Have no time at all to do anything during the weekend. If you really want to make us happy, then you should make WD 1 day long.

teachertrav44
12-03-2014, 11:36 AM
Love this idea. Hopefully they listen

levelhead
12-03-2014, 11:49 AM
Well said Ems. Great comment. I hope the mods take note. I would take part in WD again if it was 24 hrs.

HellRaizer
12-03-2014, 12:11 PM
Unfortunately they don't appear to be listening.. I believe this can be seen in the selection of moderators.. Maybe admin should start an election were the community can pick a few spokes people that provide direct feedback on these sort of ideas before they are imposed on is

Dazzj10
12-03-2014, 01:36 PM
Why moan about a 7 day wd,,, just talk with your faction and split the rota,, or log out of game and log back in after Xmas like many factions are doing
wd would be too boring to face 7 days of it

DEWIN NUTTIN
12-03-2014, 01:40 PM
wd would be too boring to face 7 days of it

You are 100,000,000,000,000% spot on, WD is boring after one hour.
I can't imagine 168 hours worth of it!!!!

Clementine
12-03-2014, 04:54 PM
I would like to clarify that it was not said that folks asked for a 7 Day WD event, but rather they have historically and specifically asked for a USA based WD. As part of the 3 Year Celebration they decided to do this USA WD event as well as try out a 7 Day event!

Evil Mastermind
12-03-2014, 05:03 PM
I would like to clarify that it was not said that folks asked for a 7 Day WD event, but rather they have historically and specifically asked for a USA based WD. As part of the 3 Year Celebration they decided to do this USA WD event as well as try out a 7 Day event!

Thanks for the clarification, Clementine. I would like to clarify also. I didn't say anybody asked for it. I said nobody wants it. Just read all the feedback in numerous threads. The majority doesn't want it...especially during a holiday week. There is no need to trial it.

Also, noticed you didn't comment on Thief's building???

If you want to provide events that players can "enjoy" during the holidays, then make them individual events, not faction events. Some people would rather spend time with family and loved ones during this season.

Kefa
12-03-2014, 05:04 PM

Thanks, Clementine. A 7-day single leaderboard is going to be brutal on people who want to go for ranking. WD is the most intense event we have. Multiple 2-day or even multiple, separate 24hr leaderboards would be allot better.

Clementine
12-03-2014, 05:40 PM
Also, noticed you didn't comment on Thief's building???

This takes time for the Devs to develop, balance and implement, so this will take time! The team's priority has been bug fixes and the upcoming new features, which have been in development for quite some time, before Thief's building won the contest. The team is aware of it and is working it into the roadmap.

Evil Mastermind
12-03-2014, 05:45 PM
This takes time for the Devs to develop, balance and implement, so this will take time! The team's priority has been bug fixes and the upcoming new features, which have been in development for quite some time, before Thief's building won the contest. The team is aware of it and is working it into the roadmap.

Great. Thx for acknowledging.

1Shot
12-03-2014, 06:02 PM
Congrats MW to your 3 year anniversary!

MW Flake
12-03-2014, 06:15 PM
Maybe they are combining the anniversary with a going away party?

Looks like I picked the wrong week to start playing modern war.

Evil Mastermind
12-03-2014, 06:18 PM
Maybe they are combining the anniversary with a going away party?

Looks like I picked the wrong week to start playing modern war.

Any week is the wrong week. The wrong week for me was the day after Xmas 2011.

Junky
12-03-2014, 06:49 PM

I guess you don't remember the "first WD"? There was a reason why after the FIRST attempt it was changed to 72 hours from 120.

Evil Mastermind
12-03-2014, 07:35 PM
I guess you don't remember the "first WD"? There was a reason why after the FIRST attempt it was changed to 72 hours from 120.

Exactly! Those of us that have already traveled this road know it's a bad idea. The mods that helped get that changed back in the day are long gone. Quite likely, the people who came up with this new "trial" weren't around then either.

We've already done a 5 day....horrible. 7 days won't make it better. More is not better.

Junky
12-03-2014, 07:42 PM
I'll be clear, I know of 22 teams that have posted their battle plan "no minimum" of "no gold" the ball is in Gree's hands this can be a dropped ball or a "holy roller"

headfaction
12-03-2014, 07:47 PM
What don't you guys understand? Like me put it clear for you all. we run this game and without us players gree has $hit

Pidgeot
12-03-2014, 08:20 PM
Will there be a LE for the Anniversary or what?

TheDanimal
12-03-2014, 08:54 PM
I'd be all for an infantry boost unit called TheDanimal with say, +20 energy regen :D haha

Robespierre
12-03-2014, 10:31 PM
So I give you the gimp.

http://cdn.gunaxin.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/10/ac4cfbe7fcd6274130db984b5948ace6_vice_670.jpg
Happy Anniversary forumites & Co.

Junky
12-03-2014, 11:42 PM
Careful buddy, last time they did that it was quite possibly the biggest insult of all time. Gree used Devin's name and likeness from his Facebook page and it was the single worst LTQ energy wise to date (except in the 15 months of the energy glitch) for a craptastic unit. He quit the game.

oakletixfan
12-04-2014, 12:21 AM
They are doing a 7 day WD to make up for the profits lost when a ton of players were locked out. The only reason the bugs were fixed is because they were losing money fast. That's why I'm nuking my base on new years. Eat a duck clementine. (replace the "U" in duck with an "I")

truthteller
12-04-2014, 12:53 AM

clementine

gree seems to keep repeating the same mistakes over and over and over.......and over
They put the new equipment stuff in KA changing all attack calculations just before the weekend war
Now you are basically doing the same thing in MW with a 7 day WD

The only interesting thing during this WD will be to see how many of the top factions keep playing to maintains "their status"

Also to see if SUP has the cheapest WD ever, since most likely they will be fighting top 250-500 factions

I wonder if the FLTQ will remain 50 wins or because it is 7 days it will be 120 wins now. Lol

Well my top 200 faction is taking a week off to truly celebrate the holidays and for that I really want to thank Gree for allowing us to take a week off MW

Mr llama
12-04-2014, 01:00 AM
clementine

gree seems to keep repeating the same mistakes over and over and over.......and over
They put the new equipment stuff in KA changing all attack calculations just before the weekend war
Now you are basically doing the same thing in MW with a 7 day WD

The only interesting thing during this WD will be to see how many of the top factions keep playing to maintains "their status"

Also to see if SUP has the cheapest WD ever, since most likely they will be fighting top 250-500 factions

I wonder if the FLTQ will remain 50 wins or because it is 7 days it will be 120 wins now. Lol

Well my top 200 faction is taking a week off to truly celebrate the holidays and for that I really want to thank Gree for allowing us to take a week off MWThis will be the highest wd points to date nothing will change and it's going to be hilarious. I wish teams would sitout so my factions could benefit, but that sadly will not happen.......200mil wd points maybe more going to be a record breaker

mickymacirl
12-04-2014, 01:22 AM
Wow is it 3 years already? Time flies when you are having fun (sic)

Annihilator2
12-04-2014, 07:27 AM
Gree does Anniversary and holidays for themself.

7-days WD means that they can stop to work: no new events, no maintenance...

Bobble64
12-04-2014, 08:40 AM

In what world does a 7-day WD = a fun way to celebrate this game? People are even more burned out having to carry the weight of our fallen brothers due to this login debacle, and now we have to attempt to put in 7 consecutive days?

I go with what Annihilator said. We're not idiots. It gives your company a way to shutdown for a week and enjoy your own holiday.

SUPpose So
12-04-2014, 12:46 PM
Can we have the 2 year anniversay reward as the 3 year reward?

ckos2
12-04-2014, 01:20 PM
Can we have the 2 year anniversay reward as the 3 year reward?

So true.

That would be a nice "3" year anniversary gift ;p

SGT Rud
12-04-2014, 02:16 PM
I'm asking for a 7 day WD event. I'll even ask for a 7 day FL event.

<------this guy thinks it will be fun.