PDA

View Full Version : 7 Day WD Event?

Allday
12-02-2014, 09:36 AM
According to the information in-game the next World Domination event runs 7 days (Dec 18th-Dec 24th). Can anyone confirm if this is simply a clerical error or the actual duration of the event?

Milburn Pennybags
12-02-2014, 10:23 AM
According to the information in-game the next World Domination event runs 7 days (Dec 18th-Dec 24th). Can anyone confirm if this is simply a clerical error or the actual duration of the event?

This is not a clerical error. In order to celebrate our three year anniversary we thought it would be fun to have a weeklong event for the USA cycle. We hope you enjoy it!

Also, just to further get the word out, we're doing an AMA this week, so feel free to come with all your MW questions and we'll do our best to provide detailed answers.

Kefa
12-02-2014, 10:30 AM
This is not a clerical error. In order to celebrate our three year anniversary we thought it would be fun to have a weeklong event for the USA cycle. We hope you enjoy it!

Also, just to further get the word out, we're doing an AMA this week, so feel free to come with all your MW questions and we'll do our best to provide detailed answers.

Thanks, MP. As I said in my response to Clementine, I sincerely hope you guys will consider doing a live Q&A after the features have been deployed and even during the extended WD event that impliments them. Info up-front is awesome! But once we've had a chance to play with the features, that's when the "real" questions will start to pile up, and when answers will be needed most. Please consider this, and consider even doing a live Q&A on groupme instead of the forum or facebook, since a very large number of the top 1,000 teams use groupme for communications.

The ability to jump in, ask a question live right at the time the issue happens in the event, and be able to get a quick answer from someone who knows would be PRICELESS.

Milburn Pennybags
12-02-2014, 10:34 AM
Thanks Kefa. I'll leave the question of other venues to Clementine, but just to let you know we do plan on doing multiple Q&A sessions after the features are released to answer more questions that come up before the WD event.

Sheldor Sir
12-02-2014, 10:36 AM
cool a week off before Christmas :-) happy days

Tranq
12-02-2014, 11:08 AM
A week long wd leading upto Christmas is your way of celebrating? I'd hate to see what y'all would do if you hated us...

Captain Buck Slayer
12-02-2014, 11:13 AM
a week long war? Should be awesome

Web323
12-02-2014, 11:14 AM
A week long wd leading upto Christmas is your way of celebrating? I'd hate to see what y'all would do if you hated us...

They will just lock us out of the game. Oh wait, they already did that and now want to throw out a weeklong WD.

fighter777
12-02-2014, 11:17 AM
It would be "fun" to cancel a WD for the holidays... Who wants to stay glued to the phone for a week when spending time with loved ones... Terrible decision, please reconsider...

DEWIN NUTTIN
12-02-2014, 11:19 AM
Yes, a week of WD tapping.
How could anyone NOT enjoy that?
Well, unless you're GAINFULLY employed, or using that time to enjoy the holiday season with your relatives, friends, family.
Good grief, fun indeed!

Big John
12-02-2014, 11:23 AM
3 days is too long and now it's doubled.

Shadow Demon
12-02-2014, 11:28 AM
Fun? Sure it will be. Fun for GREEdy to squeeze more $$ from us.

How about 50 free health packs and a true apology package for the massive screw ups lately.

Allday
12-02-2014, 11:31 AM
Fun? Sure it will be. Fun for GREEdy to squeeze more $$ from us.

How about 50 free health packs and a true apology package for the massive screw ups lately.

50 free packs does nothing because they will give it to everyone. It only drives up scoring.

junkkicker
12-02-2014, 11:40 AM
We have been asking for less and now two Gree employees that are virtually new to the forums come out and say that this is a celebration. Lets not forget that the 2 year celebration where CJ promised gold to certain people never came through. If you guys truly want to celebrate, listen to the players.

Michael Davis
12-02-2014, 11:44 AM

A 7 day was is plain stupid and only about raising money for the gree Xmas party. The event in AUS finishes Xmas day..... Looks like a week off for my team

Bambamgunz
12-02-2014, 11:45 AM
Are You Crazy?We have no break as it is with events going 24/7.Celebrate ,wow how dang greedy are you to make up for losses of income this last quarter.Should be a week off!!!!!!

legalious
12-02-2014, 11:53 AM
P.S. I plan on setting a new record in tickets submitted over a 24 hour period. Every time you close it (#2042414) without an answer, I will open a new one.

You do know that you can't have your tickets escalated from the forums. You can ask Clementine for help to make sure your ticket is not overlooked. Though, if you do open new ones for the same issue they will likely be closed and your responses will take longer.

Please keep your tickets together into 1 number and provide Gree with all the information required.

Dirt dingler
12-02-2014, 11:53 AM
7 days is a joke! A lot of people have already quit this game due to your stupidity! What's next Pvp on xmas day! You truly do not listen to your customers!

DEWIN NUTTIN
12-02-2014, 11:58 AM
It will be very interesting to peep in over the SEVEN DAY WD CHRISTMAS MARATHON to see how many (or how few) took the bait. ��

Merry Christmas, �� everyone!

Clementine
12-02-2014, 12:00 PM
You do know that you can't have your tickets escalated from the forums. You can ask Clementine for help to make sure your ticket is not overlooked. Though, if you do open new ones for the same issue they will likely be closed and your responses will take longer.

Please keep your tickets together into 1 number and provide Gree with all the information required.

To echo this, please do not submit multiple tickets on the same issue in a short period of time. This will result in a serious delay in a response. We have received an exceptionally large number of tickets for Modern War due to the number of issues and the team is working hard to respond to them as quickly as possible. Thank you.

Bluehavana2
12-02-2014, 12:02 PM
I guess gree must know there is no one playing that is in the retail business (except me).
Hopefully my busiest time, so I hope to no be able to participate in WD

andy2
12-02-2014, 12:05 PM
this is quite possibly the worst idea that I have ever seen

I Will Merc You
12-02-2014, 12:11 PM
War is my favorite event, hands down. This is Modern War, not Modern Raid Boss...Modern FLTQ...Modern Epic Boss...Modern Frontline.... Modern War.

With that said, the week leading up to Christmas Day is the busiest week of the year. Last minute shopping, retail employees working incredible amount of hours, travel, and most importantly, family time that many only have during the holiday season.

The 7 days after Christmas would make so much more sense. Just my input. Please consider 'celebrating' the week following Christmas..not the week leading up to it. As it is now, this will be the first War since Brazil I will not participate in. Not a choice made in anger....a choice made for me.

junkkicker

I have provided everything, just no answer from u guys. Closed 5 times now without a response

sstuutss

To echo this, please do not submit multiple tickets on the same issue in a short period of time. This will result in a serious delay in a response. We have received an exceptionally large number of tickets for Modern War due to the number of issues and the team is working hard to respond to them as quickly as possible. Thank you.
I think you should both read that post again, but I doubt you will.

7 days days is a joke, money getting low?

Paiens
12-02-2014, 12:12 PM
this is quite possibly the worst idea that I have ever seen

A week long WD the week of Xmas, and you call that celebrating?

You are all truly psychotic, it is not even a question in my mind anymore, you are just all off your collective rockers.

April is months away, and I think you may have your <celebrations> mixed up

dan2407
12-02-2014, 12:15 PM
Why are you all crying? You DONT have to participate or be glued to your phone for a week, either play or choose to sit it out

JimmyThePick
12-02-2014, 12:17 PM
Awesome! And I thought player appreciation month ended in October. High-Fives for Gree!

Allday
12-02-2014, 12:24 PM

Thanks for information. I respectfully think you guys should reconsider based on the timing of the event and also based on years of feedback from the Modern War community. Most modern players have advocated for a 24 to 48hr World Domination event every 4 weeks as opposed to a 72 hr event every 3 weeks. Certainly the community is not in favor of doing the opposite.

sstuutss
12-02-2014, 12:27 PM
Why are you all crying?
Because its a stupid money grab that they are trying to shine up so it smells like a rose not the load it really is.
play away for a week and be happy you're paying for me.

elangomatt
12-02-2014, 12:27 PM

People probably wouldn't feel the need to send in multiple tickets for the same issue if the support team would actually do their job and properly answer a ticket. My support ticket about disappearing energy refills from my inventory got just an unrelated form letter reply and then all successive tickets were closed without any reply whatsoever.

duesy
12-02-2014, 12:28 PM
you guys are driving people away from this game...

The game doesn't open, or in my case can take 15 mins or more to open.

But a week long WD.....WHY? Why not give us a week long break, or a small ltq with a couple of days break...
I've already told my faction that I can't be active in WD for a week....

Wth Gree, Please start thinking of the player experience...

As for tickets..l most of mine, I get canned responses that aren't related to the issue im having... So I reply and get no response...

No $$$ from me .....
I will pay for a good product only

duesy
12-02-2014, 12:32 PM
A 7 day was is plain stupid and only about raising money for the gree Xmas party. The event in AUS finishes Xmas day..... Looks like a week off for my team

It'd be great if all factions boycotted it...IMO..... It's ridiculous

Shred
12-02-2014, 12:34 PM
Since this tread is about 7 day war and submitting tickets. I say everyone who does not agree with the 7 day war submit tickets to change until it is indeed changed. The mods are not here to relay messages. They are only here to prevent inappropriate behavior and multiple threads.

Rolinz
12-02-2014, 12:35 PM

Can you let us know ahead of time if the health pack or gold will be on sale and for how much during this week long event?

Will the win requirements to earn the bonuses be changed from 50 to 100 wins? Any other changes we should expect that is different from the norm?

I Will Merc You
12-02-2014, 12:38 PM
It'd be great if all factions boycotted it...IMO..... It's ridiculous

What a wonderful idea!

GREE has a plan to combat such organized revolts...

...simply offer INSANE rewards for the event. Simple. Forget the injustice..just reward the participants as with the strongest rewards to date, and the players will come.

Mark my words....watch how incredible the rewards will be for the 7 day War. The weak will not be able to help themselves...and SUP will be leading the way.

Killer_Elite
12-02-2014, 12:41 PM
Pretty simple answer to this. Only play when you can be bothered and enjoy more time with family. The same teams will still win anyway so nothing much will change. Will the world stop if a team finishes 2345 instead of 965? Don't think so.

Minx 247
12-02-2014, 12:42 PM
WHAT ARE YOU PLAYING AT GREE!!??

I've just lost 2 long term, dedicated players (4 acc's) because they're sick & tired of back to back events, no break & stopped being fun anymore!!

HAVE YOU EVEN READ THE BILLIONS OF MESSAGES PEOPLE HAVE SENT TEGARDING THIS!? Clearly not!

Jaded Fusion
12-02-2014, 12:57 PM
No one wants a 7 day wd so why have it?

Rickdee
12-02-2014, 01:07 PM
How many sit around a conference table to make this decision? You should all be fired for your stupidity.

Ozymandias
12-02-2014, 01:23 PM
Can't we make it 2 weeks, to fill in the boring times between Xmas and new year? Maybe with a simultaneous frontline. Better still a whole cycle so we'd have to rescout as stats increase...but with a really good prize for 100 battles won in row

Zineye12
12-02-2014, 01:27 PM
Christmas is expensive Gree, believe it or not most of you users have to work for a living. A 7 day war???? WTF!!

It is hard enough to finance a 3 day war but one 3 weeks after the last war for more than double the time.

Ridiculous! Gold had better be 90% off or you will have no players!!!

Ozymandias
12-02-2014, 01:41 PM
Of course you could make it no gold refills... And with double points on Christmas Day..

Ozymandias
12-02-2014, 02:00 PM
15min full regen, and extra bonuses if you score in 24, 36, and 48 consecutive battles...

free play
12-02-2014, 02:16 PM
It's simple, don't play into there hands and coffers, week off yippee

cdun13
12-02-2014, 02:26 PM
If you don't want to participate in the 7 day war then don't, it's pretty simple. Don't whine about it

Asto
12-02-2014, 02:43 PM
I'll probably get banned for saying this so I'll make it short and sweet.

Only way to get the message across is for everyone under top 10/25 to not participate and completely boycott the war. I highly doubt any of the top 5's will do this as their egos are more important than anything else, it's pretty simple.

To add to that the prizes in comparison to a gruelling 7 day war are absolutely pathetic. I'd be expecting at least 1 1 mil unit with an exceptionally good bonus, not some crappy 700k unit with the most pointless bonus ever of 3% alliance defence (due to stat inflation defence has become needless now)

Rob TRK
12-02-2014, 02:47 PM
Does it really matter what events are run?? LTQ, FLTQ, EB, FL or WD? Simply play when you can or want to... We all play to a limit that we choose, based on the factions we sit in... It's a game and fun. If it's not fun stop...
Good faction leaders will understand real life balance. If your faction leaders don't then join a different faction.

Greeny1
12-02-2014, 02:50 PM
It's another Gree mess up of an event, just don't do it, or do as we are doing (and do every year around the holidays as it's just a phone game) and make it an optional experience for your team. The stats won't make huge changes if you drop a little as the next event will be better and stats don't mean much anyways now as everyone can beat their rivals in WD. And as people said this would be better between Xmas and new year when there is that 'lull' in festivities.

Watash
12-02-2014, 02:57 PM
This seven day war at Christmas can in no way be considered a "celebration". Rethink this very bad idea Gree. Best would be a one day war.

Asto
12-02-2014, 03:09 PM
I think it has been made clear that NO ONE wants a 6/7 day long war. It's an absurd decision and it needs rectifying ASAP. If you guys live your real lives with nothing else better to do other than sit as computerised zombies that will mindlessly stare at a computer all day long watching the income roll in a week before Christmas, then shame on you because remember, the MW community, YOUR customers, do have lives....real lives

Clementine
12-02-2014, 03:27 PM
Hey Folks! Thank you for all the feedback you have provided about this. We acknowledge that many people have family and religious responsibilities during this period and we’re hoping that the longer duration will mean more people have a chance to play around those responsibilities. Many have been asking for a USA themed WD for a long time and we thought the three year anniversary was a perfect time to bring this out! Additionally, don’t tell anyone I told you, but we have some really cool social things that we will also be doing in addition to the WD, which our Devs will reveal during the upcoming AMA.

Captain Buck Slayer
12-02-2014, 03:45 PM
sweeeeeeeeeet! :D

Evil Mastermind
12-02-2014, 03:48 PM
Hey Folks! Thank you for all the feedback you have provided about this. We acknowledge that many people have family and religious responsibilities during this period and we’re hoping that the longer duration will mean more people have a chance to play around those responsibilities. Many have been asking for a USA themed WD for a long time and we thought the three year anniversary was a perfect time to bring this out! Additionally, don’t tell anyone I told you, but we have some really cool social things that we will also be doing in addition to the WD, which our Devs will reveal during the upcoming AMA.

I will respectfully disagree with yours and GREE's assessment. No players have requested a 7 day event. The original WD events were 5 days and no one liked those. 2 additional days willnot make it any more fun for anyone.

Most factions require participation. It isn't optional to play when you want or when you have time. I assume anyone at GREE that thought this was or still is a good idea has never played in a competitive faction. If you don't fully participate in events you get cut. Planning this event around a major religious and world holiday has to be one of the most inconsiderate decisions your company can make, especially at a time when the game is already failing.

Please reconsider this horrible decision.

iamnasty
12-02-2014, 03:50 PM

Please use darker font color!☠.........moo™������

Web323
12-02-2014, 03:57 PM
Why not make a playoff now the Divisions have become part of the game. Use the first three days as the opening round, then select the top 5 from each division to play the next 3 days. On the final day only take the top 10 factions and let them square off in a 24hr WD.

Danger Mouse
12-02-2014, 04:03 PM
I see nothing compelling in the WD rewards list that would induce me to spend the full week before Xmas tapping. Holidays start early!

Night & Day
12-02-2014, 04:03 PM
It's a money grab. No more, no less.

Don't forget the FLTQ that will probably start on Christmas day as well.

Way to go GREE. If you want to make paying customers leave to play something else that is.

SargeHU
12-02-2014, 04:15 PM

Really... That is such a generous gift.... We should all send you a thank you card. Can't wait to ignore my family for 6 days prior to Christmas and pour my gold down the drain. I might pass thanks

Maestro
12-02-2014, 04:26 PM
The first WDs were 5days or so. That was a lot! 7 days is way to much. It won't give people more chances to participate unless you limit the amount of battles each team gets to 60. Then teams could play a bit and everyone would be on the same level. It would cut the pressure to be in every battle and every hour for 7 days! Actually a max of 60 battles in 7 days Would Be better then it is now doing 50+battles in 3 days. Look at other games. They do something like this. CoC gives each player 2 battles in 24 hours and they fight when it's good for them. A 60 battle Max over 7 days would help things a lot!

Allday
12-02-2014, 04:43 PM
The first WDs were 5days or so. That was a lot! 7 days is way to much. It won't give people more chances to participate unless you limit the amount of battles each team gets to 60. Then teams could play a bit and everyone would be on the same level. It would cut the pressure to be in every battle and every hour for 7 days! Actually a max of 60 battles in 7 days Would Be better then it is now doing 50+battles in 3 days. Look at other games. They do something like this. CoC gives each player 2 battles in 24 hours and they fight when it's good for them. A 60 battle Max over 7 days would help things a lot!
There has never been a 5 day WD.

andy2
12-02-2014, 04:53 PM

Since when does asking for a USA themed war mean it has to be over 2x as long as the normal wars... NOT ONE person here has thought this was a good idea... do you guys actually listen to anyone here?

Oski
12-02-2014, 05:07 PM
A 7 day WD is the dumbest thing I have ever seen in this game and believe me Gree you do you some stupid things. Can Gree cancel Xmas for us so we can play MW?

Allday
12-02-2014, 05:17 PM
There has never been a 5 day WD.
Maybe there was and I just repressed the horrible thing.

Evil Mastermind
12-02-2014, 05:26 PM
Maybe there was and I just repressed the horrible thing.

Quite certain the first 2 WD events were 5 days. Everyone on here complained, just like they're doing now, which is why they changed it to 72 hours.

MC101
12-02-2014, 05:31 PM
This is one of the Most ignorant Marketing ideas ever !!! I'm in a Top 25 Faction and spent my fair share on this game. Greedy....... You have crossed the line with your ignorance this time. A 7 day event??? Just before Christmas ? How is that even close to an idea. You won't be getting a penny from me during this 7 day event. Maybe one day you can actaully listen to the people who pay your salaries instead of dreaming up these great ideas in your heads that make no sense to anyone here, cmon guys actaully do something good for your gamers that spend money on this game. First start with making the game function right it's a total pile right now, it takes 5 min to log in and pray it doesn't crash and please and I mean please get rid of this 7 day event WD open your ears and listen to your clients it may actaully help your business.

Danger Mouse
12-02-2014, 05:37 PM
It will be interesting to see just how psychoticly, insanely, horrendously, STUPIDLY ridiculous the Top 25 spend will be over that 7 days, battling for pixels and bragging rights, to reward Gree for their forethought to put out a 7 day event. They won't be able to help themselves, the nature of their addiction is so strong. Well played Gree. Well played.

carlos spicey weener
12-02-2014, 05:58 PM
A 7 day WD event (last day is Xmas day in Australia) and an 18 hour LTB....way to show off those "listen to your customer" skills Gree.

Just pathetic.....

andy2
12-02-2014, 06:04 PM
I'm in top 10/25. Top 5 last multiple FA. My faction, and I know for a fact many in the top 10 are talking very seriously about sitting this out already. Obviously no guarantees that a majority will, but some will for sure and more will follow, while others will I'm sure fall for this. All you are doing gree is making the remaining players you still have even more burnt out and more frustrated with you.

I have never seen the topics in our chatroom focus on Gree and how much they have done wrong by us. We have players who frequent in SUP getting locked out and having no contact with support. I think 6 long time members fully locked out taking up space and missing individual rewards. Top spenders literally unable to spend because the game takes them 10 minutes to load and then when they take an action like refill battle health it kicks them out of the game. Do they get any compensation for Gree's screw ups... no. Do they get any actual support staff trying to help them... no. Does anyone on the forum seem to listen or care... no. So guess what, many people have gone gold free or left the game altogether. Gree I can guarantee you that this insanely poorly thought out event will have the absolute opposite affect you want it to if you go through with it. Instead of a short boost in revenue, you will see a drop from a normal event, and on top of that you will force more players than ever to walk away.

Personally, my game is working moderately well aside from stupidly long load times and massive data storage. Small issues compared to many I know, which says a lot. Still though, based on the attitudes of the few Gree staff who bother to interact with us and the shown competencies of the company my vote in my faction is fully for sitting this one out. Grow some sense Gree and do the right thing here... maybe actually I don't know, show your customers who are still trying to hang in there through thick and thin that you care.

Danger Mouse
12-02-2014, 06:09 PM
It will be a spendfest as people really cannot help themselves. Pure and simple. Gree know exactly what they're doing, and it's not giving people more time so they can sit the odd day out that's for sure. This will be a nice little Xmas bonus for Gree as teams go the extra yard to make sure they maintain their ranking and get those imaginary pixels at the end of the week. Well played Gree, well played.

:!:"Lee":!:
12-02-2014, 06:13 PM
Sounds like Gree is taking a week off for Christmas ( 7 day WD )
It would have been better to do a 7 day PVP so all could play as they
Had time too. And gave out prizes for that .

NO_BS
12-02-2014, 06:29 PM
Adding 7 days to WD event is like prolonging the pain and frustrations of people already dealing with unresolved technical issues on playing the game! It does not mean having more opportunities to participate given the longer time period, but definitely lead to player and faction fatigue with this event and more negative sentiments. Not to forget also likelihood of longer waiting times for match ups that will probably be unbalanced due to less participation when the event is 7 days long! If the idea is to give people more chances to get into a WD event during the holiday season, make one that is actually practical.

Here’s a light-bulb switched ON suggestion, why don’t you have an Individual 7-day WD event that overlap the 3-day faction WD event with the points gained from Individual performance contributing to the Faction tally? In fact you don’t have to rewrite too much coding, just dust off the ‘old’ Individual event (PVP) where one search for Rivals to attack for points. The only twist is the points gained should now count towards the Faction’s overall total for the final WD event. And Attacks or raids on same Faction members don't count. To me personally, this is a workable idea that more people can participate at their own conveince during holidays, definitely easier that getting faction members available at the same time to start a war. Of course, if the game logon and crashing issues is still unresolved, this idea would be a non starter as well as any other proposals.

NO_BS
12-02-2014, 06:31 PM
Sounds like Gree is taking a week off for Christmas ( 7 day WD )
It would have been better to do a 7 day PVP so all could play as they
Had time too. And gave out prizes for that .

Yes, that was the name of the event, PVP. Already thinking along the same lines while I was typing out the proposal.

ISNOCHUS
12-02-2014, 07:05 PM
This is a pretty selfish idea on the part of the executives, who generally have no qualms about ignoring the wishes of their customers in favor of a more profitable bottom line now, rather than cultivating the game experience for maximum customer enjoyment in order to earn more money over a greater period of time.

I wish we could say that everyone who claims they'll be sitting this out will do so, but I have a bad feeling that there's quite a long list of factions that think they can place better this war due to the negative chatter. And when that ball starts rolling at the beginning of the event, everyone will fall right back in line and tap away. Gree knows and is counting on human nature to get the better of us all. Being the big fan of humanity that I am, especially at this, our most selfish and hate-fuelled time of year, I bet I'll see you around that fat guy's holiday!

Ajk
12-02-2014, 07:13 PM
Lmao. The top teams are the ones that will love this the most. Pretty sure that's their target on this one. You poor souls.

"A fool and his money are easily parted".

Ahem, just thinking out loud.

good gawd noooo
12-02-2014, 08:27 PM
I agree with the majority which apparently the mods and admins cant seem to see. That to do a 7 day event so close to a WORLD holiday is just stupid. I am only half surprised that gree hasn't made a change due to outpouring of customer outrage over this pending disaster. Half because after all it is gree and their idea of customer support could violate that rules of the Geneva convention in relation to treatment of war captives.(Hey it made me laugh). I am also the leader of a faction and I have no family but I do have a job. And everyone is right any faction that is up in the ranks even as low as top 500 have required participation. personally my team will do a bit but wont go all out and no one will be punished in my team for lack of participation. and thanks to their lack of thought I DO NOT expect my team to place its usual rank. I just find(which is becoming the norm for gree) that this shows an incredible lack of understanding(or ability to listen and have accurate cognitive responses) to their customers needs. With all that being said . I WISH ALL IN MODERN WAR A MERRY CHRISTMAS THAT GOES FOR FREIENDS FAMILY AND FOES

Vercingetorix
12-02-2014, 08:32 PM
So, not only have they expanded the length of wd, but dramatically changed the formula that determines if you win an attack against a rival. Also coming at a very busy time of the year for many of its players. Sound judgment in that decision.

Did the guy who make this decision also make the decision to market New Coke back in the 80s? Maybe replace the sycophants in the board room that simply agree with boss and place someone that has a pulse on what the players want.

Oh wait, you are moving your energies over to social media rather than the forum. I'm sure that was also came from the New Coke guy.

Why do I have an image of Vizzini discussing the great blunders in history. Remember, never get into a land war in Asia or challenge a Sicilian when death is involved.

East Coast Bias
12-02-2014, 08:41 PM
Stupid me, since I've seen this typo before, figured gree can't be stupid enough to have a 7 day war... But it must all be about balance. Give us the alliance defense we have been asking for, and counter it with lame ideas such as making the war longer and making the stats of long term players less valuable. So when is the developer going to chime in, or does he come and post any when he feels like it and then hides in the bushes when things get heated? This is one way communication. You tell us what you've done, and we go along. Sounds like a great strategy to get people more interested.

Z-Infierno
12-02-2014, 08:50 PM
a week of WD? sounds like a week for GREE to catch up its finances cause for bad decisions and internal manage issues. No looking forward to spend my time on the phone by that week.

Sigg
12-02-2014, 09:11 PM
The only worse idea you could have Gree would involve live monkeys being released from our device screens.

Danger Mouse
12-02-2014, 09:49 PM
The only worse idea you could have Gree would involve live monkeys being released from our device screens.

Only live monkeys around here are the management consultants advising company strategy, customer relations and marketing......

Mr llama
12-02-2014, 10:17 PM
Going to be funny to see how much is still spent and how many hours still played

Danger Mouse
12-02-2014, 10:21 PM
What Gree should do is cease all hostilities at the end of the LTB on the 22nd, put up a splash screen wishing everyone a safe and enjoyable holiday season and that they will see us again on the 27th for the next round of WD. Oh, and by the way here's an early Xmas present and Gree birthday present of Unit X with Stats A/D and Bonus Y as a thank you for all our patience over the year just gone.
-
Then we get a break from the treadmill and Gree get some solid time to fix all the bugs that 5.0 will introduce into the game. You know it will, we know it will, it just will. So give us all a break while you sort it out.
-
How's that for a novel idea and great way to celebrate the anniversary at Christmas? Certainly beats 7 days of WD hands down.

Jack07
12-02-2014, 10:44 PM
Looks like Gree have found a brilliant way to sponsor their holiday bonuses in a herd of mad cows ready to be milked....( edited - too explicit - there you go mods , even You get a break this time of year heheh ) ....

All the bs i had to put up with running a faction of which 2/3rds of players being completely locked out , missing units, outrageous wd matchups , unanswered tickets and worse of all - bloody E.T. finger ( ever tried to finish masters with 2 players ? I friggin dare Ya ! ) .... for once I tip my hat to Gree - great strategy - if they are stupid enough to spend money on a broken product , i say milk'em all till they bleed, then sqeeze for more.

Splat!
12-02-2014, 11:26 PM

So here we go again. A rare comment from someone who actually works for Gree to our missives, and it is simply to say, too bad, so sad, don't bother complaining because it really don't matter.

Someone put up a poll. Who wants 7 days of WD ending Christmas Eve, yes or no?

HellRaizer
12-03-2014, 01:17 AM

Hi Clementine. Unfortunately this is the opposite to what you say.. For any individual player to do well, they need to attempt to score well while they are on.. This can only be achieved by teamwork or heavy gold spending.. Without the other team members sharing the load on the DL and Wall, one cannot do well.. For any team that still don't use scouting tools it also means that individuals will be attacking blind...

In other words a battle within a WD is only successful with team collaboration which therefore requires people to be as active as possible..

(this was one reason why I applied for mod... Not to ban or delete threads but to actually pass feedback directly to you.. Unfortunately I was turned down and I'm guessing you'll be selecting the "yes" men that have been agreeing with everything since applying)

Eduard
12-03-2014, 02:55 AM
Very stupid way to celibrate this. This is not for players, but only for Gree to get more money. I will not play during this time and my faction is going to play goldfree.

Flash0810
12-03-2014, 03:11 AM
Mods & Developers!

I cannot believe that there will be a week long WD Event running into Christmas! A 3 day WD is one thing and the teams get burnt out from that event you tell us that this is your way to celebrate the 3rd Year Anniversary. I thought it was a usual GREE blind oversight mistake that the GREE team could not bother to correct but then saw the response saying that it wasn't. Tell you what. How about all your developers work on the flawed MW code all day while playing MW 24x7 - then come back and tell us how it is a way to celebrate the 3rd Year Anniversary! I have already told my faction to stand down in this coming WD. Our main is already considering doing the same - no matter what discount is put into this WD event. Also, there is talk of other Top 100 teams standing down from this WD event until GREE can pull their heads out and put something sensible in place.

Twist of Cain
12-03-2014, 03:30 AM
7 days of WD....
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0CB8Q3ywwAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DzGx wbhkDjZM&ei=DPR-VLH-I4WYgwT3_oF4&usg=AFQjCNEHFQ9GhFeEbk40dCprFWBd8mV0mg&bvm=bv.80642063,d.eXY

sstuutss
12-03-2014, 05:23 AM
If you want a 7 day war have a 7 day war, even if most of your players hate the idea. Just dont try to polish a turd and tell us it's gold, you'll just look stupid.. Its a money grab no matter how you try and spin it.

Paiens
12-03-2014, 08:49 AM
I'm guessing that is the problem...the 'new' coke in the boardroom..only thing that can explain blatant stupidity like this

:-)

So, not only have they expanded the length of wd, but dramatically changed the formula that determines if you win an attack against a rival. Also coming at a very busy time of the year for many of its players. Sound judgment in that decision.

Did the guy who make this decision also make the decision to market New Coke back in the 80s? Maybe replace the sycophants in the board room that simply agree with boss and place someone that has a pulse on what the players want.

Oh wait, you are moving your energies over to social media rather than the forum. I'm sure that was also came from the New Coke guy.

Why do I have an image of Vizzini discussing the great blunders in history. Remember, never get into a land war in Asia or challenge a Sicilian when death is involved.

iamnasty
12-03-2014, 08:59 AM
Great event, wish it's 14 days☠.........moo™������

Junky
12-03-2014, 09:06 AM

I guess Gree forgot about the first WD in Beta. Let me help you remember, it was designed to be a full week, it was a MISERABLE failure.
Now that you think we forgot about it (we haven't) your going to try and milk that bull again.

Just be honest, WD is still your cash cow and instead of giving the players what they want you are making a patheticly sad, false logic justification saying this is for the players.

I know the war plan for my team is simple.... I have my 59 guys going "casual gameplay" for this one, everyone will be an officer and we will just stay in battle hitting when we want.
Thanks for saving our top 10 gold; great move Gree

MadAtWorld
12-03-2014, 09:21 AM
I find it interesting that Clementine suggests the longer WD will somehow make it easier for players to take time off and limit their gameplay. The reason: Gree has also added the new feature where you have to participate in a minimum number of battles to get the rewards. I have no idea how many, but based on past experience it will be a challenging enough number to keep us glued to the screen to get it. This new development takes away the right of factions to set their own goals. A faction that played more laid back with low minimums because family time was more important now has to declare more often instead of once every 3 hours possibly. Perhaps this minimum participation will be an additional perk, like the wins goal, and not a full blown requirement, but from what I am hearing, it's not. Any clarification on that would be good.

Bobar
12-03-2014, 10:03 AM
What Gree should do is cease all hostilities at the end of the LTB on the 22nd, put up a splash screen wishing everyone a safe and enjoyable holiday season and that they will see us again on the 27th for the next round of WD. Oh, and by the way here's an early Xmas present and Gree birthday present of Unit X with Stats A/D and Bonus Y as a thank you for all our patience over the year just gone.
-
Then we get a break from the treadmill and Gree get some solid time to fix all the bugs that 5.0 will introduce into the game. You know it will, we know it will, it just will. So give us all a break while you sort it out.
-
How's that for a novel idea and great way to celebrate the anniversary at Christmas? Certainly beats 7 days of WD hands down.

let´s say "in January 2015" instead of 27th dec and this is great!

Junky
12-03-2014, 10:10 AM

Maybe if the tickets were getting resolved instead of blindly closed.....
Heck, I know that if a ticket is closed by "R" that it will have a response that is 1) not related to my problem, 2) incorrect information, or 3) will gave no response.

Maybe tech/customer support could actually do their jobs. If my employees operated lime that, they would be in the unemployment line very quickly.

Splat!
12-03-2014, 02:06 PM
No sense in complaining. No one is listening, and even if Clementine were listening, her bosses are oblivious to us and won't change. A top 25 I was in announced the will not participate. No requirements and no gold pool. That will cost Gree $thousands$ in lost revenue. Just do the same. Don't play or play just a bit each day, when Convenient. Playing 7 days around the clock as Rhythm and Bruise wants us to do at Christmas time, is just stupid and family wrecking.

15% this and 10% that definitely don't amount to much. WD prizes are so poor, and worse than FL prizes anyways. Who cares. I'm skipping it for 1st time in 2 years. Do the same and problem is solved.

HellRaizer
12-03-2014, 02:16 PM
I find it interesting that Clementine suggests the longer WD will somehow make it easier for players to take time off and limit their gameplay. The reason: Gree has also added the new feature where you have to participate in a minimum number of battles to get the rewards. I have no idea how many, but based on past experience it will be a challenging enough number to keep us glued to the screen to get it. This new development takes away the right of factions to set their own goals. A faction that played more laid back with low minimums because family time was more important now has to declare more often instead of once every 3 hours possibly. Perhaps this minimum participation will be an additional perk, like the wins goal, and not a full blown requirement, but from what I am hearing, it's not. Any clarification on that would be good.

Min participation is based off the number of attacks you have made.. During testing you needed to have 15 attacks.. Who knows what number they will introduce.. The sensible option would have been to make it a value that the leader can set... Not Gree.. But that would require people to listen, which I have been sadly let down on......

iamnasty
12-03-2014, 06:37 PM
the choice is yours, why all the whining !!!.....moo :D

Clementine
12-03-2014, 08:11 PM
I mentioned over here (http://forums.gree.net/showthread.php?102534-Where-did-the-admins-disappear-to):

Our Developers will be providing some thoughts/details on the 7 Day WD during tomorrow's AMA, so please make sure to check that thread. I have communicated, repeatedly, just how the Community here feels, so hopefully they can speak on that tomorrow.

iamnasty
12-03-2014, 08:50 PM
I mentioned over here (http://forums.gree.net/showthread.php?102534-Where-did-the-admins-disappear-to):

am still waiting for you to change to darker font color !!!....moo :D

Wingman GRI
12-05-2014, 03:23 AM
Bump..............most players dont like to have a 7 day war during vacation time. Please change back into a regular 3 day war. Thanks.

Jjqr
12-05-2014, 03:45 AM
When you want to play 24 / 7 /365 it's OK

When you don't want it...
Just switch off your phone, problem solved...
If your team mates don't understand this you're in the wrong faction.

Colonel K
12-05-2014, 04:48 AM

Milburn,

Thanks for both the reply to the post and guidance on where to go for more information. That said, no thanks to the idea of a 7 day war. While there are a few that like the idea, if you look at the majority of the comments you will see that they do not favor this idea. If this were a democracy, majority would rule but since Gree is a corporation then it is ruled by the almighty dollar......in the spirit of Christmas and as a 3 year anniversary present to your customers, let the majority rule for once.

Colonel K

The Dutch Republic
12-05-2014, 06:24 AM
2, 3, 6 or 7 days. Who cares? Personally, I love it. The week before Christmas is always quiet on the job, so more time for WD. Gree, don't listen to the whiners and keep the 7 day WD please!

And threatening with sitting out is getting old. I heard that numerous times in the past after another screw up from Gree but as always everybody will play. And Gree knows that. Why? Because we are all addicted to the game.

WBS
12-05-2014, 06:40 AM
My faction is going gold free. And will play casually, instead of a war every 50 minutes maybe every other hour or once every 3. Maybe we will even take a day off. Either way if we don't place our normal 200 it doesn't matter. A 7 day war is ridiculous.

Agent Orange
12-05-2014, 06:48 AM
Hmm they increased the length of the event by more than 100% but will likely get 80% of the revenue from the old 3 day format.... Interesting.

Actually looking forward to 7 days, my test faction did 4 battles in 3 days and placed around 1300 so 1 more battle should get it into the top 1000!

But I also recall the epic failure that a 7 day WD was and the backlash that hit Funzio. I guess there isn't anyone left from the old Funzio crew that could have told the new owners that this might be another epic fail and at the worst possible time of the year too boot.