PDA

View Full Version : Dev Notes

Weasel
12-02-2014, 09:22 AM
I found this yesterday and thought it was somewhat interesting. In the MW forum they are trying out something called Dev Notes. http://forums.gree.net/showthread.php?102458-Dev-Notes-Week-of-December-1-2014

Personally, I think that thread should be stickied and locked as it will inevitably become flooded by people thinking it's a proper place to ask the developers anything and expect answers. What I would like to know is, when can we expect to see this long overdue feature added to the Crime City forum?

Gree is setting up more AMA events (see announcement subforum), which is decent, but I think a dev notes thread (not AMA) would go a long way towards showing forum members and players in general that Gree appreciates their business. It could also help to reduce unrest when issues arise, and it would be a good place for Gree to keep players interested with hints about anything new in the works.

And since you can now view the forum directly in game without logging out, the information would be available to every person who plays this game.

cajunman
12-02-2014, 09:39 AM
Didn't cc have the ask the developer session not that long ago?

how did that work out?

They said they were lifting the level cap to 300 in November, i guess they never did specify which year.

I just know to not expect anything different out of Gree except the same old thing and it makes the game easier to play.

Weasel
12-02-2014, 09:45 AM
Didn't cc have the ask the developer session not that long ago?

how did that work out?

They said they were lifting the level cap to 300 in November, i guess they never did specify which year.

I just know to not expect anything different out of Gree except the same old thing and it makes the game easier to play.

They did have an AMA not long ago. And they're doing it again.

They have also clarified there was a delay with the "November" expansion update.

More communication and transparency can't hurt anything. A dev notes thread could quite possibly satisfy many questions before they turn into burning issues.

I just hope we don't have to experience the excrement figuratively hitting the fan, as they did in MW, before we get this feature added to the CC forum.

Clementine
12-02-2014, 09:53 AM
We are definitely hoping to roll these out to all our games. Since it has been (relatively) well received in the MW forums, you can bet I am going to be start pestering all the other teams for such notes.

You have a valid point regarding locking it for future posts. Since this was the first time we were doing it, we decided to leave it open this time, but you are correct that this may not be the best approach.

Weasel
12-02-2014, 10:07 AM
We are definitely hoping to roll these out to all our games. Since it has been (relatively) well received in the MW forums, you can bet I am going to be start pestering all the other teams for such notes.

You have a valid point regarding locking it for future posts. Since this was the first time we were doing it, we decided to leave it open this time, but you are correct that this may not be the best approach.

This is great news! I'm sure I won't be the only one looking forward to this addition to the forum.

Regarding locking a dev notes thread, I think the only thing that needs to be available in that thread are actual dev notes. Further discussion can be posted on the forum if necessary, and if anything serious comes up there are already lines of communication for passing that on to whomever it may concern.

1Shot
12-02-2014, 10:11 AM
These seems they can be very helpful! ;)

cooch
12-02-2014, 12:58 PM
This is great news! I'm sure I won't be the only one looking forward to this addition to the forum.

Regarding locking a dev notes thread, I think the only thing that needs to be available in that thread are actual dev notes. Further discussion can be posted on the forum if necessary, and if anything serious comes up there are already lines of communication for passing that on to whomever it may concern.

Fully agree. Otherwise whiners and "I/we want this and that" will drown out notes from gree developers

Clementine
12-02-2014, 01:04 PM

Valid point and we will do this moving forward!

Weasel
01-23-2015, 10:23 PM

Sad that this needs to be said, but the people who play Crime City are not mushrooms. Being kept in the dark and fed manure is not the best way to grow the community or the game.

Nighteg
01-24-2015, 09:52 AM
I actually wanted to bump this thread. My honest opinion - they aren't doing absolutely anything regarding Crime City right now, hence the lack of AMAs. They're just milking it to the max. I'm pretty we're going to see a lot of "7 day wars" or "10 day SA" kinda crap.