PDA

View Full Version : [AMA] Ask The Developer Anything - December 4th

Clementine
12-01-2014, 05:54 PM
Please join us Thursday, December 4th, at 10am PST for our next Developer Ask Me Anything! Please join us in discussing and asking questions about upcoming features and updates, particularly those related to update 5.0.

Representatives from the Development Team:

CrazyNerdGirl: Lead Game Designer
RhythmNBruise: Producer
Milburn Pennybags: General Manager

This time we are trying something new so as to allow those in other time zones to participate and this thread will be unlocked Wednesday at 5pm PST so that you may post your questions in advance. The Developers will arrive Thursday morning at 10am sharp and will be answering questions here for an hour! The thread will then be locked at at the conclusion of the AMA. We'll answer as many questions as possible.

Remember any posts that violate the Forum Code of Conduct will be removed. Furthermore, any post that attacks, insults, implies insults, harasses the Development Team will result in an immediate and permanent ban. Please keep everything on topic and constructive.

Clementine
12-03-2014, 05:23 PM
You may now begin posting your questions for the team to answer tomorrow at 10:00am PST! Please remember to follow our Code of Conduct and Terms of Service, and please keep this thread limited to questions only, not discussion.

Additionally please try and be specific in your questions, and if someone else has already posted your same question, please be aware of that! Questions about Customer Support or of that nature will not be answered here, as these folks are not part of that team.

Kefa
12-03-2014, 05:25 PM
Questions for new release "AMA":

Thank you so much for doing this. I do still hope that you will consider doing another live Q&A on day 2 or 3 of the extended WD event so that players can ask relevant questions as they come up during the event, when they count most. I also still suggest that you consider doing a live Q&A room on Groupme during a full day of the WD event with a knowledgable individual available during business hours to answer live quesions, since that is a venue where a large percentage of players communicate. You will need to coordinate a day in advance, though, in order to get a room expanded large enough to accomodate the number of people you would want to allow in the room.

Here are my questions from what I've seen/read so far:

1. Game Center: I have multiple Modern War characters (4) on multiple iOS devices, and all 4 devices share a common Game Center login for use with other games. It seems now that if I attempt to link my Modern War game to my Game Center account, it could/will potentially cause major problems for me and other players in my situation.
1a) is this correct? and, if so,
1b) how do I manage multiple Modern War game accounts when their respective devices share a single Game Center account? (I am not willing to create multiple Game Center accounts since the devices need to share one common Game Center account for other purposes)

2. Army Attack / Defense: Will we be able to see our rival's total Army atk/def strength in the rival profile prior to attacking/raiding? Will we see this number in raid results?

3. Equipment your soldier isn't using: Will we be able to see our rival's total Equipment atk/def strength equipped by their army in the rival profile prior to attacking/raiding? Will we see this number in raid results?

4. Soldier Power Attack/Defense: Will we be able to see our rival's Soldier total atk/def strength including equipment in the rival profile prior to attacking/raiding? Will we see this number in raid results?

5. New Battle Mechanic: Will it be possible at all to determine with any percentage of confidence whether a player will be able to win an attack against a target or rival prior to blindly attacking, or is it going to be a matter of having to spend health just to find out, trusting that the system must be correct in its calculations regardless of what I can see?

6. Will the old "skill points" that we've already allocated now affect the outcome of a) PvP attacks? b) PvP Raids? c) WD Attacks?
If so, how and how much?
If so, also, will we be able to see our rival's skill point values in the rival profile prior to attacking/raiding? Will we see this number in raid results?
If so, also, how soon will we be able to reallocate our skill points, since we have as many as 900 skill points that have already been alocated with strategy that will no longer apply since it's been changed? (personally, if skill points do apply, and we are not allowed to re-allocate prior to them applying, isn't that pretty unfair?)

7. Unit Recycling: When I tested the inventory recycle feature, it didn't work correctly. The units were successfully removed from inventory, but the cash was never credited. Has this been addressed?

9. We know Apple takes time to approve uploads before they are released to the public, but when will 5.0 be uploaded from Gree to Apple?

Old/Other Business:

8. NPC target Partial Progress: When a target such as the Augmented Assassin at the Mountain Pass map requires 5 hits at 1,129 energy each (5,645 energy total) for one kill, and a player's energy capacity is only 3,000 (or less), does it make sense to not support partial progress for such a target when it cannot be defeated all at one time without spending gold on energy refills? Allot of players require as much as 30 hours just to generate enough energy to kill that one target, so when Gree say's, "we don't support pre-staging", isn't saying "progress may get reset" the same as saying, "You can't be allowed to kill this target without using gold"? I know Gree say's it doesn't support "prestaging", and we did see allot of partial progress get reset during this past FLTQ, but from our standpoint it really doesn't seem fair if partial progress on any target doesn't persist indefinitely.

10. I have what I believe are some good ideas for making the game more fun for the players without removing the monetization value. Where can I submit these ideas other than the public forum, where someone might actually glance at them to consider whether they are worth exploring?

Thanks again. This sort of thing goes a long way to helping players feel like they are valued by the company they are supporting.

AdamInToronto
12-03-2014, 05:43 PM
Are there any plans to provide options to increase GUI performance on older devices (eg. disabling or reducing quality of raid animations)?

Jaded Fusion
12-03-2014, 05:49 PM
Can we have a on/off button for events? Leader can turn off the fltq so no one can hit it but continues to run in the background.

Can we have a on/off button for ALL animations in game? Ie raiding, hitting npcs

DEWIN NUTTIN
12-03-2014, 05:50 PM
1) Is it possible to eliminate the animations, or allow the player to choose to eliminate animations?

2) If someone is doing LTQ and is required to attack "Unkown Warrior" with a value of 10 a total of 100 times, thereby expending 1,000 energy, is it possible to just allow the player to simply allocate (or burn) 1,000 energy instead of being forced to tap, tap, tap 100 times?

3) You now schedule a WD event about every three weeks. The event runs three days. Why not schedule a WD event weekly and let it run two days? If you did schedule it to begin Saturday at 1:00 or 2:00AM, ending Monday at 3:00AM, you'd be running the event a total of 8 to 9 days each month, rather than the 3 or so you currently schedule the event.

Evil Mastermind
12-03-2014, 05:53 PM
What, if anything, has been done in V5.0 to decrease the amount of cellular data used by the Modern War app? To clarify, I'm not talking about space on my phone but rather the gigs of data on my data plan. I am consuming 2-3gigs per month using V4.4. When I tried v4.5, my data usage was over 5gigs in one month.

I don't play any other games or do anything else on my phone to consume any data, so it's all MW. If nothing has been done in V5.0 to correct this on-going issue, when will it be corrected?

Thank you.

AdamInToronto
12-03-2014, 06:01 PM
For how long will version 4.x clients (apps) be supported once version 5.0 is released? In other words, how long before I'm forced to update? Hours? Days? Weeks? Months?

AdamInToronto
12-03-2014, 06:06 PM
Will the defense offered by defensive buildings be updated to provide defense under todays billion-point attacks? For some reason, they were not affected by inflation.

SiaoNam
12-03-2014, 06:10 PM
Everybody like nice good graphic. Nice good graphic unit.
But in view of the data storage over in device, and the time taken to reinstall due to G of data.
Please consider to reduce the number of maps or make it a simple map that do not hold too much data.
Not forgetting, there are many OLD maps that most do not bother to check in.

With the new PvP, expecting a lots of data from rival. These data into device will surely occupy device storage space.
How is the device going to store it? And will it be removed after leaving rival base?

In view of some events, most player will hit at very last minutes, which resulted in huge flow of data exchange into server.
Will this be rectify and allow a smooth flow of data exchange?

How is the changes of events make know to players? Via forum or Game?

AdamInToronto
12-03-2014, 06:13 PM
I've read elsewhere on this forum that every building, including both always available and limited availability income buildings, provides some kind of defense. Is this true?
If so, does 5.0 advertise building defense anywhere?
If not, to which buildings does the 'Building Defense' boost apply?

Petrol
12-03-2014, 06:22 PM
I've been on MW since Dec 2011 and now I've been locked out of MW for several weeks. Both of the tickets I've logged have been closed as solved, yet I've had no definitive response to my issue. What will be done to improve your customer service? Reading the forums, reviewing replies on your Facebook page and listening to fellow faction members, there is considerable unrest, dissatisfaction, and general anger to the way your customers are being treated. I have invested far too much in this game to go a ayway quietly. Please improve your communication to your customers. Stop closing tickets without a proper understanding of what the issue is.

AdamInToronto
12-03-2014, 06:39 PM
You said Ask Me Anything, so here's one that's more pointed... Was stat inflation supposed to give players attack and defense stats in the billions and tens-of-billions, or was that effect unintended?
Bonus points: If intentional, why are there soo... many elipses in the game?

Paisthecoolest
12-03-2014, 06:42 PM
When can I expect to be able to log into my game? I was on an iPad 2. Newest mw update. iOS 8.1.1. I transferred it to an iPad mini. Newest mw update. iOS 8.1.1. Both could download and play a new mw game, but neither can play my level-300 account.

AdamInToronto
12-03-2014, 06:57 PM
The descriptions of the new Battle Calculation (https://games.gree-support.net/hc/en-us/articles/203635480-How-to-read-your-battle-results) and the new Soldier Equipment (https://games.gree-support.net/hc/en-us/articles/203429744-Soldier-Equip) features make many references to ones 'Army' and 'Soldiers'. Does this mean only Infantry units benefit from the new equipment?
Also, PvP Equipment Hints (https://games.gree-support.net/hc/en-us/articles/203648510-PvP-Equipment-Hint) states:

Each ally you add allows you to bring 4 extra units to battle
Each army unit can bring 6 unused equipment items to battle

Could you clarify how units will be chosen from one's inventory of Air, Sea, Ground and Infantry to form each battle, and, in particular, if 'Soldier Equipment' is applied before or after determining which units are chosen?

NO_BS
12-03-2014, 07:25 PM
You said Ask Me Anything, so here's one that's more pointed... Was stat inflation supposed to give players attack and defense stats in the billions and tens-of-billions, or was that effect unintended?

With the stats inflation, it makes it very difficult to read without any separator or abbreviation. Do you have any plan to address this?

Z-Infierno
12-03-2014, 08:06 PM
Can we expect an improving and dynamic chat into the game with the new release? or in the short future? sometimes there is no enough time to log off - log in on GM - log off and login back into the game it will be very useful for events interaction and strategy.
Thanks

Mr TAS
12-03-2014, 08:19 PM
Can you please reduce the staggering amount of cellular data required to play this game?

HypeTonic
12-03-2014, 08:20 PM
1.) Will there be commas added to large number? With stats now above 100b it may look like 10b and attack them.
- Instead of it showing 1234567... show 12,345,678,909 . add some commas please.

2.) Will the vault be expanded more? Will there be more land expansion available?

3.) Will there be more faction bonuses added?

4.) Will higher stat cash and valor units be added?

5.) Will the daily log in rewards come back?

6.) Will the scratcher prizes be increased and have more of a variety.
- I would like to see energy refills , stamina refills , health packs , small amounts of gold like 5 or 10.

7.) Will we ever see folders drop from stamina use and not just energy use?

MW Flake
12-03-2014, 08:22 PM
Will all current broken things be fixed before more things are added to bog down an already overtaxed game engine

danman_085
12-03-2014, 09:11 PM
Question 1) Can a more expedient method of building walls for WD be established? As a faction leader, one of the most mundane jobs is to sit around building /leveling up walls. If a faction has enough cash & enough concrete I should be able to select which level wall I'd like to building & the cash & concrete be used accordingly.

Question 2) Is there any intent in the near future to expand/increase faction bonuses? Infrastructure bonuses like building upgrade time reduction or building upgrade cost reduction would be great. Or a bonus that increases the chance of a box opening. Or an energy regen bonus.

Question 3) Can there be a disable/enable option for the "Collect All Income" button?

Question 4) As an Android user, I've noticed there is a character limit to posting on other player's MW profile. I know other Android users are experiencing the same issue. Why is that?

Question 5) Why is there often fluctuations in WD points when attacking the same player? Sometimes I see points at 375+, then the next hit will only be 225+.

Officer material
12-03-2014, 09:23 PM
Are they ever going to fix the sync issues with tap joy offers? I used to be able to go to an offer or watch a video, look at article, or ad for Walmart, etc and once sync with chat or vault be rewarded 1 gold. It hasn't worked since the 4.5 fix. Tap joy says it isn't their issue and Gree says its tap joy. It is the Gree update causing the issue. Please fix. I have 3 devices and it doesn't work any more on any of them. All current gree update and ios 8.1.

Cantley
12-03-2014, 09:35 PM
Could we please have a button for collecting all income at once
Also with the walls as stated above , it would be great to have a cost per level of wall wanted and number of bricks required,
The way it is now is so laborious.
And also a way to change leaders in your faction in case their device becomes disabled or
lost. As we are having this problem in our Faction now.

HellRaizer
12-04-2014, 12:50 AM
New Min participation in WDs. During the beta. we saw this feature added. It now means that people will to contribute X numbers of attacks (failed or not).

1. Do Wall hits count as attacks?
2. Why should the game impose the number of attacked required. Would be not be better to give the faction leader an adjustable figure that they can set?

HellRaizer
12-04-2014, 12:53 AM
With people being locked out of the game so often, or people simply not being able to participate at times. Could we please have a CO Leader option. This is something that has been asked for for a long time. Having one person in charge of a faction creates a problem should something happen to the leader, which in turns raises more tickets

Alternatively have a new function within the faction.. Maybe a level that has all the features of the leader... Kick, purchases boosts , build walls (essential), promote/demote (officers)... but can't kick the leader

Big John
12-04-2014, 12:54 AM
Could we see the battles like you have in other Gree games or would that make issues worse.

Would like a 2nd in command too.

And gold confirmation button.

HellRaizer
12-04-2014, 12:59 AM
Beta testing..

I have been beta testing since the time that WDs were introduced. The level of response to issues as dropped quite considerably.

The major issues currently, where raised during beta testing.. A number of other beta testers where getting crashes, unable to log in, long log in times. This info was fed back but didn't seem to be acknowledged. When raised on a thread, Admin said that "different" issues had been raised

I don't what to place blame historically but could we consider the following:

- Beta Testing is in affect User Acceptance testing (as we are the end users)
- When issues are raised, we get an email after testing, saying thank you for your feedback ... what would be better is:
-- Have a summary of all issues raised (by everyone)
-- List which issues will be resolved / ignore for that version
-- Release a second round of beta testing and ask for the corrected issues to be tested (currently this only seems to happen in extreme circumstances)

HellRaizer
12-04-2014, 01:03 AM
Beta testing again -

On a number of occasions the information has been lacking regarding the new fetaures.

- Bug fixes (what bug fixes?)
- Improvements (what improvements?)
- (an example.. Big Guns issue.. we were never told what it was)

The information appears to be the same info that is place on the app store for a new version.

If possible could we have much more detailed information about what is being tested. Especially if a new feature is being rolled out. I assume that the new feature will already have a requirements doc and hopefully a technical doc as well as user documentation. Could these be forwarded on, or at least a detailed summary?

HellRaizer
12-04-2014, 01:09 AM
How to management currently decide what to introduce next.. bit of a leading question here..

We have a 7 day WD, because the "players want it".. We spoke out and we don't. But how did management come to this conclusion?

From what I can see, we now have one admin, a number of devs that will post info only and a mass of community mods who have been elected by the forum admin(s).

Rather than the Admin picking Mods, could the community not pick the mods (those whosubmit an application).. What we need are a few players who can relay information directly back to yourselves.. What we don't need is "yes (wo)men" who think that everything is wonderful and because of that they are made mods.. eg someone responding "heck yeah" when asked about a 7 day WD.

:Edit.. I realize this feels like it is about the community team, but really it is more about determining how the management and devs decide upon their next piece of work

HellRaizer
12-04-2014, 01:15 AM
Gold..

Misclicks, to few confirmations buttons, lag (big problem) ... all these lead to gold accidentally being used.

So either we need a confirmation button for every gold purchase that sits on the oppsite side of the screen from where the person is clicking... or think about the following enhancement..

Have a Gold Admin tab.. In here you have the following options:
1. Set a cap amount of gold that can be spent before resetting the cap ... eg set a value of 100.. You then see a countdown value from 100 and each time you spend it gets closer to 0 until you cant use gold.. you then go back to reset the value to what you want.
1a. Create a toggle button for the above point to be enabled

2. Create a toggle button for gold confirmation. If enabled, one will be asked on each gold transaction.

HellRaizer
12-04-2014, 01:22 AM
Splash screen when first logging in.

Two fold here

1. ...
New LE units, this screen appears in invariably has a purchase option. IOt is possible to click the purchase button before the screen as even fully loaded from booting up the game. Therefore can this be removed (see for alternative suggestion below)

New events. A number of new events come out together.. eg .. normal, prestige, masters, maybe crate or raid boss.. but only one splash screen appears, for what seems to be one of the events randomly. What decides which events will be show on the splash screen?

Rewards since the last log in time.. I think that if your faction does a lot while you are not logged on, the game actually crashes when building up a list of all the splash screens.. just a hunch but it feels like it..

Possible solutions

Add an additional tab to the news feed. In here provide a link to every splash screen that is currently applicable. Therefore when people log in:
1. they can see the final prize for each event and
2. they can also see what they have been awarded since their last log in..

I hope this shouldn't be too difficult

HellRaizer
12-04-2014, 01:27 AM
Plists

So i assume that long ago, dev moved from plists to a more secure encrypted db file to stop people from hacking, but by doing this it broke 3 party tools that extracted the info.

Now I fully understand that you don't wish to allow for hacking.. but would it either be possible to push out the plists as additional info, or create a web service where they can be accessed..

The reasoning for this is that it allows people with the right skill sets, to :
- list all buildings and there details
- identify all map targets with their details (not for LTQ but for loot)
- Store items and purchase prices

These sort of things allow the community to share information and feel as though we are being helpful, which in turn creates a more pleasant atmosphere

HellRaizer
12-04-2014, 01:33 AM
During Beta testing the screen could be rotated from Landscape to Portrait and visa-versa. I raised this as a bug.

Reason being that in a portrait mode, you can long see the full screen.. Top and Bottom are white bars and the left and right hand side disappear..

It can be somewhat annoying when it flips if you tilt the screen too much..

Is this still an issue?

superman007
12-04-2014, 01:36 AM
Can we get the winners list posted on the forum without requesting for it?

HellRaizer
12-04-2014, 01:42 AM
Stat inflation ..

Could you give a timeline of the progression of the average stat of awarded units

People have gone from 10k units costing Ks of gold to 100k units to now 10m stat units.
Is the game going to continue at this rate or are we hitting a stable plateau

HellRaizer
12-04-2014, 01:48 AM
Will double strike and tripple strike rewards be stackable..

will the calc be

Prize 1 +5% Triple, Prize 2 +5% :::

either 10% or 9.75% ( 1-(0.95*0.95) )

ie if you have 20 +5% rewards can be be guaranteed a double strike

CJ88
12-04-2014, 01:50 AM
Wish list

1. I hope you can have a feature where one high IPH account can donate cash to another low IPH account so that low IPH account can grow faster;

2. high level account(e.g. level 300) can score higher WD points than low level account (e.g. level 200). As the account increased their level, they are being penalised for playing longer and more loyal to the game by getting lesser and lesser WD points. Those with lower level accounts are having better advantage in scoring WD point than higher level accounts. Can't understand the logic.

3. Attack and Defense skill points are useless in my opinion, may be you can make them useful. if not, these skill points should be able to be redistributed.

4. WD event should have a way to see our health bar status like Raid Boss so that we know when it is full.

5. May be can increase space units for attack and defence?

6. Building defense should be made useful for defending the base. Now defense building is useless.

7. A limited time buildng will generate valors.

HellRaizer
12-04-2014, 02:04 AM
value units and cash units have become outdated again. will they be refactored?

HellRaizer
12-04-2014, 02:06 AM
Are there any plans to allow people the see all base objects in a rivals base (IOS)?

Also, will you be increasing the allowed expansion size of the base?

HellRaizer
12-04-2014, 02:07 AM
Will there ever be android Beta testing?

HellRaizer
12-04-2014, 02:09 AM
Could we have a global chat feature. Somewhere the community within the game can globally talk.

This would allow for in game communications/guidance (maybe even dev could post to it)
Maybe also add a visit base option from it

HellRaizer
12-04-2014, 02:22 AM
Are their any plans to bring back some of the older type of events:

eg PvP ..

This has been asked a few times.. People seemed to like the PvP tournament (just not the prizes)
-- Only thing that would need to be thought of now, is categorizing players. As it wouldn't be fair for one person who can get 20k per hit compared to someone who can get 2k per hit

Crate collection. Awarding prizes for collection X amount of crates while the crate event is on

LTQs that involve original map targets (allows risky prestaging)

trying to remember some of the original events but that was about 2.5 years ago :)

HellRaizer
12-04-2014, 02:24 AM
What new events ideas are you thinking of in future releases..

so major addtions so far have been:
Crate Event
WD
Epic Boss
PvP
Frontal Assault
Raid Boss
Fronltine
Soldier equip (5.0 which also change the computation on PvP)

So whats coming up for 6.0 .. 7.0 .. Any golden nuggets of info?

HellRaizer
12-04-2014, 02:29 AM
Are the Modern War developers the same developers that work on Kingdom age and Crime City. My reasoning behind this is. Do the games still use the same underlying code and evolve in the same way. Something that we notice a lot is that features get rolled out in other games first and quite often they aren't appreciated. This then gives a negative vibe in our community because we know that same change could be coming

HellRaizer
12-04-2014, 02:43 AM
One of the new features will be to recycle units for Cash/Valor.

Could this be extended to recycle units that cost gold.. Maybe get back 75% of the gold spent. A lot of old timers bought a lot of golden armies that within 12 months have become completely useless.. Maybe if we could trade that back in to get some gold back again, this would appease some of the begrudged community

rainman875
12-04-2014, 02:45 AM
after reading all of Hellraizer's points i forgot what it was i was going to say

HellRaizer
12-04-2014, 02:52 AM
after reading all of Hellraizer's points i forgot what it was i was going to say

Sorry lol.. I've been keeping a note for a while on what people have been asking for + some of my own lol .. I'm done now (i hope) :)

Hobbs
12-04-2014, 03:49 AM
We are getting a feature to "sell" unwanted units in game.
This is long overdue,however we still continue to get worthless units in early rounds of LTQ events,from scratch cards,most of raid and epic normal prizes.
My question is can we substitute these worthless units for more useful items:
o health packs
o energy refills
o stamina refills
o even a small amount of gold(say 5 or 10 gold)
This would stop cluttering inventory in future with useless units and make the prizes more desirable.

Question 2:
The Mission Payout Bonuses are Useless as the missions payouts are totally out of date with the inflation of the game,are there plans to increase the payouts to a realistic level with every other aspect of the game?

Agent Orange
12-04-2014, 04:13 AM
Thanks HellRaizer, I think you pretty much covered all bases especially beta testing! Thank you!

killbillbst
12-04-2014, 04:43 AM
Confirmation buttons for gold spend to finish building upgrades etc. and selling buildings - please get these implemented!

dan2407
12-04-2014, 04:45 AM
This is long overdue,however we still continue to get worthless units in early rounds of LTQ events,from scratch cards,most of raid and epic normal prizes.
o health packs
o energy refills
o stamina refills
This would stop cluttering inventory in future with useless units and make the prizes more desirable.

Question 2:
The Mission Payout Bonuses are Useless as the missions payouts are totally out of date with the inflation of the game,are there plans to increase the payouts to a realistic level with every other aspect of the game?

These "worthless units" are not all worthless to new players

Hobbs
12-04-2014, 05:17 AM
These "worthless units" are not all worthless to new players

My scratchie today yielded a unit less then 100/100 is that useful for any account?
And if it is,it will be worthless in a few days as you can buy better units from store for minimal cash!

rushabhc
12-04-2014, 05:59 AM
this game is so unbalanced....
a player have att 2 to 3 to 4 times his def.... def not even worth in this game......
scratchers r not even worth... pls bring back daily login bonus...
pls bring back some more new strategic events...

Moose19
12-04-2014, 06:29 AM
1) Will there be a co-leader option added? For example, if a personal issue comes up that causes me to have to take a temporary break from the game, I'd like to be able so assign a co-leader to have the ability to do everything a leader can do with the exception of removing the leader from the team. That way I know my faction can continue moving forward seamlessly while I am gone and I won't be in jeopardy of losing the faction and all the bonuses I worked so hard to build.

2) An easier way to build walls would be ENORMOUSLY helpful! Rather than having to tap upgrade for each level of wall you want to build, why not let us choose the level wall we want to build and have the system do the necessary calculations in the background? Pick a level 15 wall, click one time and done.

3) Abbreviated player stats would be nice. Rather than the long numbers you see now, will those be truncated to show stats in a form such as this: 123.56M or 10.25B or 750.68K?

4) Can we have an explanation as to how the building defenses work and how they correlate to defensive stat number if at all? If it doesn't correlate to our defensive stat number, what does that number really mean in terms of game use?

Thank you!

Agent Orange
12-04-2014, 06:33 AM
I think all the talk of new features is 'nice' but you guys need to address the most pressing issue which is that a number of players are locked out of the game on IOS devices. Clearly it sounds like your beta testers identified this problem yet the update was released and subsequent repairs have made things worse not better.

This morning I noticed that my documents and data file on my oldest player is reached a staggering 3.2GB! Three times bigger than the next largest app I have installed on my iPad! I also noticed that when I went to a rivals base with a huge number of buildings the game started to slow to a crawl as the app dug through the graphics files needed to redraw this base!

Loading of the app takes forever, it does load much faster on an iPhone 5 and 6 but both have 30+GB of free space. On devices with lower amounts of memory the game is either locked out or constantly freezes, this by the way is a similar issue on lower specd Android devices.

So my other question is, how extensively tested is 5, in other words will it run on older IOS 5 devices as you state currently on the app store and have you considered putting the applications data set on a diet?

Rparker1979
12-04-2014, 06:53 AM
The new update is gonna to sync our games to the Apple Game Center. With this being the case how is that going to work for folks that have 1 Apple ID and say 2 or more devices with multiple accounts. Are we going to be forces to pick one of the accounts to play with or set up several dummy Apple ID's to have multiple accounts which then renders all other Apple purchases to be only on one device. Is this going to be the case? Thanks in advance for your answer.

Zedsdead
12-04-2014, 07:04 AM
We all have a lot of special items in our inventories from previous events. I assume they will never again be useful after the event is over. Can these be deleted?

Annihilator2
12-04-2014, 07:36 AM
Please, cancel 7-day WD event as most of players want

codys21
12-04-2014, 07:43 AM
Will faction leaders be able to choose minimum for new wd rewards planned for 5.0?

HellRaizer
12-04-2014, 07:44 AM
Think all the questions are being duplicated now :(

DEWIN NUTTIN
12-04-2014, 08:17 AM
Think all the questions are being duplicated now :(

No worries, everyone is simply attempting to be heard.
If the panel reads and reviews the questions/comments, I'm sure they can easily address the issue of duplicates.
Its promising to ask questions, receive answers, but all too often there is no action after the question is answered.
That stuff about lipstick on a pig comes to mind.

bam bam.
12-04-2014, 08:19 AM
Can you please put a confirm on all in game goldd purchases?

Can you please remove gambling aspects of game? (Lock box and chance loot and scratchers) this is unrestricted age game after all.

Can you please allow us to kill units from our inventories or at least give us an "in army function"?

Can you please stop releasing new events and structures until you have old ones working perfect...and I mean perfect!?

Can we please get all changes to game released a month in advance in game before items and events are released?

Can we please have complete walkthroughs released in game beforehand so we know what on earth we are purchasing at what cost? (Money, gold, Xp, bonus xp, energy, valor, etc).

DEWIN NUTTIN
12-04-2014, 08:20 AM
So my other question is, how extensively tested is 5, in other words will it run on older IOS 5 devices as you state currently on the app store and have you considered putting the applications data set on a diet?

Something deep down inside of my gut tells me this will be an exercise in futility.

I'm sure the participants will try their best to provide answers.

Over the years we've been told and promised many thibgs that never materialized.

I don't fault the effort.

What I remain skeptical about is the outcome.

Bobble64
12-04-2014, 08:25 AM
FOR THE LOVE OF GOD PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE

...remove non essential NPCs while LTQ/FLTQ's are being run. With the amount of concurrent events you have basically removed ALL Single Player aspects of the game. I bet most newer people have no clue they could aquire more skill points from completing game levels >_< and who has time to try and complete them anyway? There is no downtime EVER which would allow use of energy to complete these goals.

Please...just remove them at the very least while those levels are in use by other LTQ/FLTQ NPCs. PLEASE!

bam bam.
12-04-2014, 08:27 AM
Can we please have at least one day a cycle off!, even god rested on the seventh day, here we do 21 straight followed by 21 straight!. Take a day a cycle...you could also seize that as your day to do maintenance and clean up your boo boos

Bobble64
12-04-2014, 08:30 AM
Hear, hear!

And that means no 7 DAY WD during Christmas!

bam bam.
12-04-2014, 08:31 AM
Can you update the in game units. Tree snipers don't help anybody.

Boarder21
12-04-2014, 08:40 AM
Is it possible that you will be fixing defense buildings? I have some in my base currently but they only protect a small number and everyone has millions or billions of stats now.

Grunt90
12-04-2014, 09:02 AM
On the note about purchasing walls, I didn't see anyone ask for quantity. So, the ultimate fix here is Pick a wall level and quantity so in 1 click leader can purchase 60 Level 15 Walls for WD. Expand the text on iOS that shows raid results. I only see 404568... was raided. Don't know if that is 4M, 40M, or 404M. I would like a base storage feature where buildings could be put temporarily to allow for much easier base reorganization. I could see a couple options on that: a. buildings in storage must all be put back out before base reorg is saved. b. buildings in storage can stay there but if so, are idle. (i.e. no cash collection, no defense value, no boost value, etc.)

Also, how do we join in for AMA? Do we just watch this thread for developers to start posting answers? First time AMA for me.

Captain Buck Slayer
12-04-2014, 09:31 AM
I agree with u there grunt, need to be able to pick up all ur buildings and then re arrange like clash of clans

Captain Buck Slayer
12-04-2014, 09:33 AM
I would also like to see a CO leader option, but i think the leader should be able to limit what the co leader has control over, some might not want their co leader to remove people so they should be able to put restrictions on that

Captain Buck Slayer
12-04-2014, 09:35 AM
The game needs some new features, but u need to beta test before releasing them, and for the love of god get rid of frontline. And change up WD, make it interesting again.

600fonz
12-04-2014, 09:36 AM
Can we start all events at 7pm GMT (Same time as WD)

This will help Euro guys get a crack at the events from the start as guessing we are the 2nd biggest contributors after the U.S. guys.

Can WD wall hits be rewarded with Faction Points instead of a small amount of WD points?

This will help factions monitor those who actually are hitting the wall and not just claiming to be in chat and docbot etc.

Captain Buck Slayer
12-04-2014, 09:36 AM
Looking forward to this AMA, hope the devs can keep up with all these questions. Lol

Clementine
12-04-2014, 09:47 AM
Also, how do we join in for AMA? Do we just watch this thread for developers to start posting answers? First time AMA for me.

Start at 10am PST (in 15 minutes) our developers will begin answering as many questions as they can get to, right here in this thread! At the conclusion of the AMA the thread will be locked to further questions, however our Developers may continue to answer questions throughout the next few weeks.

Matt-Austin
12-04-2014, 09:49 AM
Will the LTB's from recent cycles be re offered for accounts that are locked out from the last updates?

Talahaski
12-04-2014, 09:50 AM
Can u reorganize fltq so members can be working on different levels at same time and not have to wait for previous level to be complete. Would love event goals to be condensed like the wrapper for rb. Have one goal for prestige fltq, within that goal list each round and kills needed. So anybody can work on any kills and does not have to be done in order

Kavoc
12-04-2014, 09:52 AM
Not really on topic but I mean how often do we get to ask people from gree actual questions.
Are you ever going to have support like that actually answer tickets properly and resolve things?
Rather than just computer generated responses and closing tickets.

Captain Buck Slayer
12-04-2014, 10:02 AM
AMA is live :D

Clementine
12-04-2014, 10:03 AM
Good Morning/Afternoon/Evening Everyone! The Developers are in the house and will begin answering questions beginning now!

Little T
12-04-2014, 10:04 AM
When is Gree going to respond to the tickets sent in? When are we goi g to see compensation for Fronline hits not counting correctly, Fltq hits not counting over numerous events costing factions to miss out on rewards?

RhythmNBruise
12-04-2014, 10:05 AM
1. Game Center: I have multiple Modern War characters (4) on multiple iOS devices, and all 4 devices share a common Game Center login for use with other games. It seems now that if I attempt to link my Modern War game to my Game Center account, it could/will potentially cause major problems for me and other players in my situation.
1a) is this correct? and, if so,
1b) how do I manage multiple Modern War game accounts when their respective devices share a single Game Center account? (I am not willing to create multiple Game Center accounts since the devices need to share one common Game Center account for other purposes)

The account transfer feature, which requires Game Center or GooglePlay linking, is designed to allow you to link as many Modern War games as you have to one Game Center or GooglePlay account, and then access all your games from any device you have linked. (You will have to restart the game after you link each account to get them all to show up on all the devices, due to technical limitations of the linking system.) You will be able to access the account switching feature through the Settings menu. (There is also a cross-platform account transfer feature using codes, but in order to access multiple accounts on one device you will need to link both devices to either Game Center or GooglePlay).

9. We know Apple takes time to approve uploads before they are released to the public, but when will 5.0 be uploaded from Gree to Apple?

The build has been uploaded to Apple. We’re currently ensuring everything on the back end is fully ready to go. Barring any unexpected occurrences we expect to get this out to you next week.

8. NPC target Partial Progress: When a target such as the Augmented Assassin at the Mountain Pass map requires 5 hits at 1,129 energy each (5,645 energy total) for one kill, and a player's energy capacity is only 3,000 (or less), does it make sense to not support partial progress for such a target when it cannot be defeated all at one time without spending gold on energy refills? Allot of players require as much as 30 hours just to generate enough energy to kill that one target, so when Gree say's, "we don't support pre-staging", isn't saying "progress may get reset" the same as saying, "You can't be allowed to kill this target without using gold"? I know Gree say's it doesn't support "prestaging", and we did see allot of partial progress get reset during this past FLTQ, but from our standpoint it really doesn't seem fair if partial progress on any target doesn't persist indefinitely.

While we don't officially support progress made against NPCs before the event goes live (which is why we don't guarantee that any progress made during that time will be preserved), you shouldn't be seeing progress lost that was made during the official event time. If you do see that, please contact support ASAP so we can look into it.

Thanks again. This sort of thing goes a long way to helping players feel like they are valued by the company they are supporting.

You're welcome! Thanks for participating!

Milburn Pennybags
12-04-2014, 10:06 AM
Can we have a on/off button for events? Leader can turn off the fltq so no one can hit it but continues to run in the background.

Can we have a on/off button for ALL animations in game? Ie raiding, hitting npcs

We currently don’t have any plans to allow leaders to disable faction events. Could you let us know more about why you’d like to see this?

We'll get to the animations in another response since a lot of people asked about it.

Web323
12-04-2014, 10:07 AM
Who in their right mind decided a 7 Day WD was a good idea? We did not like it when it was 5 days and have repeatedly asked for shorter WDs. With division now in place, why not make it a tournament where the Top 5 from each divisions moves on.

Milburn Pennybags
12-04-2014, 10:07 AM
1) Is it possible to eliminate the animations, or allow the player to choose to eliminate animations?

2) If someone is doing LTQ and is required to attack "Unkown Warrior" with a value of 10 a total of 100 times, thereby expending 1,000 energy, is it possible to just allow the player to simply allocate (or burn) 1,000 energy instead of being forced to tap, tap, tap 100 times?

3) You now schedule a WD event about every three weeks. The event runs three days. Why not schedule a WD event weekly and let it run two days? If you did schedule it to begin Saturday at 1:00 or 2:00AM, ending Monday at 3:00AM, you'd be running the event a total of 8 to 9 days each month, rather than the 3 or so you currently schedule the event.

RE 2: This is a great idea, and something we’ll consider in the future, although it’s not on our current development roadmap.

RE 3: We’ve definitely considered this, and will continue to keep the idea in mind. We’ve heard mixed reactions from the players on whether this would be welcomed or not. A lot of players have expressed to us that they enjoy having the full cycle building up to the big event, but other players have indicated they’d prefer more shorter events. It’s not currently in our plans, but if there was really positive player reaction to the idea we’d be more likely to do this.

RhythmNBruise
12-04-2014, 10:09 AM
Are there any plans to provide options to increase GUI performance on older devices (eg. disabling or reducing quality of raid animations)?

We're always looking for ways to improve performance. The animation system touches many areas of the game, so we approach changes to it very cautiously, but I can ask the engineers to take a look. We're hoping that the account transfers feature will let players migrate to newer devices, if they have them available.

Talahaski
12-04-2014, 10:09 AM
My picks of changes would love to see. Please comment if you intend any.

Co leader title

Easy wall purchase

Npc stacking issue, somehow solve to prevent wasted energy during fltq.

Fltq, allow team to work on and round of the event.

Gold use, help prevent accidents. A system I found great come from Simpsons tappd out game. When use gold you get 5 second count down timer with cancel button.

Data usage - needs work. Maybe you can create generic set of npc and building and display them if image has not been loaded instead of transferring over cell. Prompt uses when open app if they want to update content or wait till they are on wifi.

Min requirements, hope this will not be used as a way to force players to spend gold in order to get the reward. It really should be set by faction leaders.

Better information on teammates participation in each event. Total faction points don't work.

Milburn Pennybags
12-04-2014, 10:10 AM
I've been on MW since Dec 2011 and now I've been locked out of MW for several weeks. Both of the tickets I've logged have been closed as solved, yet I've had no definitive response to my issue. What will be done to improve your customer service? Reading the forums, reviewing replies on your Facebook page and listening to fellow faction members, there is considerable unrest, dissatisfaction, and general anger to the way your customers are being treated. I have invested far too much in this game to go a ayway quietly. Please improve your communication to your customers. Stop closing tickets without a proper understanding of what the issue is.

We know that recently we’ve come up way short on a variety of fronts. We do realize that the recent issues have caused major, major damage to your trust in us. We really are throwing everything we can into making sure we can guarantee a stable and enjoyable experience for you going forward.

As far as our customer support, we’re always looking for ways to improve this, but please also realize that we have a very large number of players and the volume of tickets we receive at times can be quite large. In some cases, when the only possible resolution at the time is for the development team to fix the issue, CS may close tickets because the problem is being resolved on our end.

I really do understand how frustrating this is. I play other (non-GREE) mobile games and sometimes have to write in support tickets, and it’s infuriating to receive automated replies, have tickets closed without the issue resolved, etc. We absolutely want to do better than that, but like everyone else we’re trying to find the best way to balance the depth of our response with getting responses to tickets in a timely manner.

RhythmNBruise
12-04-2014, 10:12 AM
What, if anything, has been done in V5.0 to decrease the amount of cellular data used by the Modern War app? To clarify, I'm not talking about space on my phone but rather the gigs of data on my data plan. I am consuming 2-3gigs per month using V4.4. When I tried v4.5, my data usage was over 5gigs in one month.

I don't play any other games or do anything else on my phone to consume any data, so it's all MW. If nothing has been done in V5.0 to correct this on-going issue, when will it be corrected?

Thank you.

We’ve made several changes to reduce the amount of data usage by the app, so it should be much better now.

We don't necessarily recommend that you delete every time you reinstall unless there's a specific issue you're trying to fix, as that will cause high data usage while the game redownloads all the assets.

Milburn Pennybags

When the decision was made a few years ago to start pushing up the value of rewards I’m not sure any of the people around thought the game would last this long! I wasn’t here at that time, so unfortunately I can’t ask them whether it was supposed to lead to stats in the billions. That being said, players may not realize this, but the inflation of stats in percentage terms has been extremely consistent (a few short accelerations and slowdowns aside) for the past few years, so ultimately, the inflation of stats was a predictable outcome of the prizes we were awarding for our events. We should have done a better job planning ahead for some of the user interface issues that occurred and keeping a better handle on the progression.

CrazyNerdyGirl
5. New Battle Mechanic: Will it be possible at all to determine with any percentage of confidence whether a player will be able to win an attack against a target or rival prior to blindly attacking, or is it going to be a matter of having to spend health just to find out, trusting that the system must be correct in its calculations regardless of what I can see?

The old battle mechanic had a random factor in each battle (in real life, the outcome of battle is not guaranteed), but this will occurs less under the new system.

The actual calculation is a bit complex. Overall, in each category your attack versus their defense is the most important part of the calculation. Your army strength is 50% of the battle outcome, army equipment is 30%, and soldier equipment strength is 20%. Each portion of the calculation (army strength, army equipment strength, soldier strength) is computed separately so functions more like a ratio. For example, if you’re 20% stronger on the army and 10% weaker on soldier and army equipment you should win the battle; however, if you’re 20% stronger on the army and 50% weaker on soldier and army equipment you should lose the battle.

The new system seems easy for players to eyeball and understand the battle results, but we are always looking at ways to improve new features.

Jaded Fusion
12-04-2014, 10:13 AM
We currently don’t have any plans to allow leaders to disable faction events. Could you let us know more about why you’d like to see this?

We'll get to the animations in another response since a lot of people asked about it.

There can be alot of movement of members in & out of factions. If a leader could turn off goals we wouldn't have members missing out on prizes by accident. For example - doing a FLTQ a member could have a low level account as their main but doesn't use it hit faction goals, instead they bring in a old high level account to do kills.

with the movement people can sometimes get lost in transition taking time to come back. Or goal finishes before their main gets back in.

RhythmNBruise
12-04-2014, 10:13 AM
For how long will version 4.x clients (apps) be supported once version 5.0 is released? In other words, how long before I'm forced to update? Hours? Days? Weeks? Months?

Due to changes in the backend and how battles work, we are probably going to make 5.0 a required upgrade pretty soon. We are going to release it as a non-forced upgrade to make sure that there aren't any unpleasant surprises and then switch it to a forced upgrade. We strongly recommend that you upgrade ASAP, though, to take advantage of account transfers, recycle, and soldier equip!

CrazyNerdyGirl
12-04-2014, 10:14 AM
6. Will the old "skill points" that we've already allocated now affect the outcome of a) PvP attacks? b) PvP Raids? c) WD Attacks?
If so, how and how much?
If so, also, will we be able to see our rival's skill point values in the rival profile prior to attacking/raiding? Will we see this number in raid results?
If so, also, how soon will we be able to reallocate our skill points, since we have as many as 900 skill points that have already been alocated with strategy that will no longer apply since it's been changed? (personally, if skill points do apply, and we are not allowed to re-allocate prior to them applying, isn't that pretty unfair?)

We did not change the way skill points work in the battle calculation at this time. We likely will increase their importance (which players have correctly guessed has eroded over time due to inflation in overall stats) once we have the ability to allow players to reallocate their stat points.

Cody21(DockbotSupport)2.0
12-04-2014, 10:14 AM
1) After the new update, what exactly will determine winning/loosing, what will be the % effect of each category that has an effect on the outcome of the battle, and will we be able to see all of these factors in the battle results popup?
2) What will be the new factors on how many points you receive from a single hit during WD, and in what % do these have an effect on the points?
3) Is there also a % random factor added to the above questions?

Milburn Pennybags
12-04-2014, 10:15 AM
With the stats inflation, it makes it very difficult to read without any separator or abbreviation. Do you have any plan to address this?

We think the more elegant solution is something like 1.23B instead of 1,230,000,000. We do plan on doing some work to clean up the displays.

RhythmNBruise
12-04-2014, 10:15 AM
Everybody like nice good graphic. Nice good graphic unit.
But in view of the data storage over in device, and the time taken to reinstall due to G of data.
Please consider to reduce the number of maps or make it a simple map that do not hold too much data.
Not forgetting, there are many OLD maps that most do not bother to check in.

With the new PvP, expecting a lots of data from rival. These data into device will surely occupy device storage space.
How is the device going to store it? And will it be removed after leaving rival base?

In view of some events, most player will hit at very last minutes, which resulted in huge flow of data exchange into server.
Will this be rectify and allow a smooth flow of data exchange?

We have made several changes to the most recent version to reduce the amount of game data used. As noted above, not deleting your old version when you install the new one will also reduce data usage because you won't have to redownload the game assets.

How is the changes of events make know to players? Via forum or Game?

We try very hard to make sure that all changes in the game are explained clearly in the game. While we greatly appreciate our forum members, we understand that not every MW player is on the forums, and we don’t want people who aren’t reading them to be left out of the fun! Of course, we can put more information on the forums, and we do try to encourage people to check in here when there are big changes.

CrazyNerdyGirl
12-04-2014, 10:16 AM
Will the defense offered by defensive buildings be updated to provide defense under todays billion-point attacks? For some reason, they were not affected by inflation.

All buildings have a defense against raiding and the new ltq buildings have appropriate defense for the currrent stat inflation. We are working on surfacing this in game in upcoming releases. This is on our radar to update the building defense in the near future. :)

CrazyNerdyGirl
12-04-2014, 10:17 AM
I've read elsewhere on this forum that every building, including both always available and limited availability income buildings, provides some kind of defense. Is this true?
If so, does 5.0 advertise building defense anywhere?
If not, to which buildings does the 'Building Defense' boost apply?

All buildings have a basic defense against raiding, but we haven’t changed the way raiding works in 5.0, nor the way buildings are shown. We are thinking of ways to improve this in future releases.

CrazyNerdyGirl
12-04-2014, 10:19 AM
When can I expect to be able to log into my game? I was on an iPad 2. Newest mw update. iOS 8.1.1. I transferred it to an iPad mini. Newest mw update. iOS 8.1.1. Both could download and play a new mw game, but neither can play my level-300 account.

We are working on getting 5.0 out to the players which should address stability issues people are experiencing. If you still experience these issues, please submit a ticket to CS with specific problems so we can address them.

Milburn Pennybags
12-04-2014, 10:20 AM
There can be alot of movement of members in & out of factions. If a leader could turn off goals we wouldn't have members missing out on prizes by accident. For example - doing a FLTQ a member could have a low level account as their main but doesn't use it hit faction goals, instead they bring in a old high level account to do kills.

with the movement people can sometimes get lost in transition taking time to come back. Or goal finishes before their main gets back in.

Thanks for the clarification. That makes a lot of sense, and it's something we'll look into.

I Will Merc You
12-04-2014, 10:20 AM
Will there be any consideration ('I apologize Tank', energy packs, etc..) given to players who have been locked out of their game for the past 2-4 weeks?

Zoltarov
12-04-2014, 10:21 AM
Will selling old LE sets or gold units be rewarded with extra valor to get some compensation for these now useless units in our inventories.

Milburn Pennybags
12-04-2014, 10:23 AM
1) After the new update, what exactly will determine winning/loosing, what will be the % effect of each category that has an effect on the outcome of the battle, and will we be able to see all of these factors in the battle results popup?
2) What will be the new factors on how many points you receive from a single hit during WD, and in what % do these have an effect on the points?
3) Is there also a % random factor added to the above questions?

Points 1 and 3 of your question are hopefully answered by my colleague CrazyNerdGirl.

As far as the points in WD, we haven't changed how these work currently. However, we do feel like there are some improvements possible in the future, in particular to reduce the feeling that players are penalized for leveling up. We will definitely let you know well in advance before we go changing something like this, since we know it would impact the way you choose to approach the game.

RhythmNBruise
12-04-2014, 10:24 AM
I merged the questions in posts 27 and 28, since they're on the same topic.

Beta testing..

I have been beta testing since the time that WDs were introduced. The level of response to issues as dropped quite considerably.

The major issues currently, where raised during beta testing.. A number of other beta testers where getting crashes, unable to log in, long log in times. This info was fed back but didn't seem to be acknowledged. When raised on a thread, Admin said that "different" issues had been raised

I don't what to place blame historically but could we consider the following:

- Beta Testing is in affect User Acceptance testing (as we are the end users)
- When issues are raised, we get an email after testing, saying thank you for your feedback ... what would be better is:
-- Have a summary of all issues raised (by everyone)
-- List which issues will be resolved / ignore for that version
-- Release a second round of beta testing and ask for the corrected issues to be tested (currently this only seems to happen in extreme circumstances)

Beta testing again -

On a number of occasions the information has been lacking regarding the new fetaures.

- Bug fixes (what bug fixes?)
- Improvements (what improvements?)
- (an example.. Big Guns issue.. we were never told what it was)

The information appears to be the same info that is place on the app store for a new version.

If possible could we have much more detailed information about what is being tested. Especially if a new feature is being rolled out. I assume that the new feature will already have a requirements doc and hopefully a technical doc as well as user documentation. Could these be forwarded on, or at least a detailed summary?

We have made some changes to our beta process recently - the biggest is that we're now running the betas on a new server setup, which allows us to give our beta testers lots of new items to play with without being unfair to non-beta-testers during the beta test period. We're hoping to update the process further (in ways that show more to our actual testers), and these are really useful suggestions, thanks!

About release notes: one of the things we're testing in our betas is whether we have enough information about how features work in the actual game itself for people to understand how it works without any more input from us. Sadly, giving you guys more extensive release notes would make that much harder, since you'd know what to look for and where. I know that sounds like a cop-out, but when it comes out, take a look at how much we added to make Soldier Equip easier to understand between the beta and release.

Milburn Pennybags
12-04-2014, 10:26 AM
Will there be any consideration ('I apologize Tank', energy packs, etc..) given to players who have been locked out of their game for the past 2-4 weeks?

Those particular items through the popup will still be available once our new fixes go live. We're continuing to investigate what else we can do to improve things. We know that this has been a really trying time for a lot of players, and we really do understand why you're upset.

CrazyNerdyGirl
12-04-2014, 10:26 AM
The descriptions of the new Battle Calculation (https://games.gree-support.net/hc/en-us/articles/203635480-How-to-read-your-battle-results) and the new Soldier Equipment (https://games.gree-support.net/hc/en-us/articles/203429744-Soldier-Equip) features make many references to ones 'Army' and 'Soldiers'. Does this mean only Infantry units benefit from the new equipment?
Also, PvP Equipment Hints (https://games.gree-support.net/hc/en-us/articles/203648510-PvP-Equipment-Hint) states:

Each ally you add allows you to bring 4 extra units to battle
Each army unit can bring 6 unused equipment items to battle

Could you clarify how units will be chosen from one's inventory of Air, Sea, Ground and Infantry to form each battle, and, in particular, if 'Soldier Equipment' is applied before or after determining which units are chosen?

Quick run down of the definitions and what they mean regarding soldier equip:

Your Army: These units are all of the items you have collected so far. This includes the ground, sea, air, and infantry units.
Your Solider: This is your current avatar in game. We are adding the ability to equip 6 items to your avatar. The unit types are Head, Weapon 1, Weapon 2, Armor, Feet, and Accessory.
Your Army Equipment: All army units that you bring into battle automatically equip up to 6 items (if you have extra items to equip)

As you can see, all units in the army benefit from the new equipment.

In regards to the PvP help text, the text is updated to reflect the new 5.0 changes. Overall it works the same way, except all of the army units you bring into battle can now have up to 6 items equipped.

RhythmNBruise
12-04-2014, 10:27 AM
How to management currently decide what to introduce next.. bit of a leading question here..

(snip

Rather than the Admin picking Mods, could the community not pick the mods (those whosubmit an application).. What we need are a few players who can relay information directly back to yourselves.. What we don't need is "yes (wo)men" who think that everything is wonderful and because of that they are made mods.. eg someone responding "heck yeah" when asked about a 7 day WD.

When evaluating what features to put in next, we consider both the development cost of the feature and the likelihood that the players will actually want to use it. Much-requested features like chat are really expensive in terms of development cost -- we have to build a back-end system to support synchronous communications, then build a chat system on top of that, then QA it across a number of different platforms, network connections, and on-device keyboards. So that’s much less likely than, say, a gold confirmation popup, which is much less difficult, requiring only one engineer, some UI designer time, and a whole lot of QA to make sure it shows up everywhere.

Our community managers are actually paid GREE employees, and they do relay information back from you guys to the devs. Seriously, all the time, every day. But every time a dev comes on the forums, that’s time that they could be spending working on fixing bugs and building features, and we think you’d really rather they did those things?

Milburn Pennybags
12-04-2014, 10:27 AM
Will all current broken things be fixed before more things are added to bog down an already overtaxed game engine

We appreciate your frustration and want to let you know that the stability, performance and correct behavior is our top priority for future releases.

Milburn Pennybags
12-04-2014, 10:31 AM
With people being locked out of the game so often, or people simply not being able to participate at times. Could we please have a CO Leader option. This is something that has been asked for for a long time. Having one person in charge of a faction creates a problem should something happen to the leader, which in turns raises more tickets

Alternatively have a new function within the faction.. Maybe a level that has all the features of the leader... Kick, purchases boosts , build walls (essential), promote/demote (officers)... but can't kick the leader

These are great ideas. Adding this functionality is definitely something we'd like to do. We can't give you a timeline at this time, but just wanted to let you know that we do think these are good ideas.

Hobbs
12-04-2014, 10:32 AM
Will the current system still be in place regarding one ally=6 units/soldiers into battle?
Meaning with 500 allies we take 3,000 soldiers which would means 3,000 x 6 items (18.006) including your avatar.
Will we win equipment items in events?will we have a building to "manufacture" items or do we just buy from store with cash/valour?

MW Flake
12-04-2014, 10:34 AM
Why is epic boss being changed from using army stats? Everything people have spent a lot of time and working towards you are now making useless

psyconaz
12-04-2014, 10:35 AM
Are you thinking of adding new faction bonus?

Captain Buck Slayer
12-04-2014, 10:35 AM
Why can't our stat bonuses count during the raid boss?

Pidgeot
12-04-2014, 10:37 AM
Can we please fix the problem with NPC spawning in on top of each other? I have to reload the map many times to spread them. This can't be "random" because it happens all to often.

Also, would it kill you to give us events we can finish with little or no money. Less than 100 a cycle and still improve our game? The money you demand would allow us all to buy game systems WITH games and extra controller.

CrazyNerdyGirl
12-04-2014, 10:38 AM
Splash screen when first logging in.

Two fold here

1. New LE units, this screen appears in invariably has a purchase option. IOt is possible to click the purchase button before the screen as even fully loaded from booting up the game. Therefore can this be removed (see for alternative suggestion below)

New events. A number of new events come out together.. eg .. normal, prestige, masters, maybe crate or raid boss.. but only one splash screen appears, for what seems to be one of the events randomly. What decides which events will be show on the splash screen?

2. Rewards since the last log in time.. I think that if your faction does a lot while you are not logged on, the game actually crashes when building up a list of all the splash screens.. just a hunch but it feels like it..

Possible solutions

Add an additional tab to the news feed. In here provide a link to every splash screen that is currently applicable. Therefore when people log in:
1. they can see the final prize for each event and
2. they can also see what they have been awarded since their last log in..

I hope this shouldn't be too difficult

Thanks for the suggestions.
1. I am guessing you are on iOS because Android has most of the functionality you are talking about. We are looking into porting it over to iOS, but other development priorities have come up. This is on our radar to port over to iOS.

2. This is something we can look into. Please write into CS with more detailed information like your device model and issues you are experiencing and CS will pass it on to the developers.

Possible Solutions Section: We know this is an issue and we have started brainstorming ways to present this information per event.

RhythmNBruise
12-04-2014, 10:38 AM
Will there ever be android Beta testing?

There already is Android beta testing. We ran a very successful Android beta for 5.0 over the week of Thanksgiving. (Thank you so much to all our testers who really came through for us before the holiday!)

As part of our changes to the beta program, we'll probably be looking for new beta testers soon, and we'll post here when we're ready for that.

Captain Buck Slayer
12-04-2014, 10:39 AM
I would be interested in beta testing

RhythmNBruise
12-04-2014, 10:40 AM
Are the Modern War developers the same developers that work on Kingdom age and Crime City. My reasoning behind this is. Do the games still use the same underlying code and evolve in the same way. Something that we notice a lot is that features get rolled out in other games first and quite often they aren't appreciated. This then gives a negative vibe in our community because we know that same change could be coming

The games are actually three separate teams, but we do often work together on really big features and put them into all three games. Although we can’t always roll out every feature to all the games simultaneously, we do listen to feedback from the players who see it first and try to improve it for the ones rolling out later if we have time.

Eduard
Many players have reached lvl 300. It would be nice if you raise this max lvl till 400 or 500

Hobbs
Will we see new faction bonuses?
An increase on current tiers and introduction of bonuses to increase energy/stamina regen would be appreciated.
Also any plans for regen to effect Frontline? The regen bonuses we have earned should impact frontline regen as it does WD,raid and epic boss events.

RhythmNBruise
12-04-2014, 10:44 AM
I think all the talk of new features is 'nice' but you guys need to address the most pressing issue which is that a number of players are locked out of the game on IOS devices. Clearly it sounds like your beta testers identified this problem yet the update was released and subsequent repairs have made things worse not better.

This morning I noticed that my documents and data file on my oldest player is reached a staggering 3.2GB! Three times bigger than the next largest app I have installed on my iPad! I also noticed that when I went to a rivals base with a huge number of buildings the game started to slow to a crawl as the app dug through the graphics files needed to redraw this base!

Loading of the app takes forever, it does load much faster on an iPhone 5 and 6 but both have 30+GB of free space. On devices with lower amounts of memory the game is either locked out or constantly freezes, this by the way is a similar issue on lower specd Android devices.

The “lockout” reported by the 5.0 beta players was caused by a change in the way we’re running the beta - we used to run it on the production servers, which was very messy on the back end and couldn’t adequately test all the features. Because we’re introducing Soldier Equip, which changes the battle calculation, to 5.0, we didn’t want to run that on the production servers and risk having people see really counterintuitive battle results caused by the use of a battle formula only the beta players could really take advantage of. Running the beta on a separate server also lets us give people lots and lots of whatever new units we’re introducing without desperately unbalancing the game, so we’re planning on continuing with that plan. Unfortunately, there were technical issues with the beta system switchover that caused some beta players to see a persistent “Log into Production” error which could not be resolved during the beta because it was caused by a structural problem. We don’t expect it to affect production at all, or to be a problem in beta testing going forward.

We are considering ways to reduce both OTA and on-device data usage. We know the game performs poorly on lower-end devices, and are also looking at solutions for those players. Unfortunately, at least some of our players are still on very old devices, and it’s hard to figure out how to make the game run well for them while still allowing players on the latest and greatest to have a fun, pretty game experience.

5.0 is being extensively tested. In fact, one of the reasons it hasn’t gone live yet is that it has not completed its final QA testing. Of course, there are 6 QA guys and thousands of you, so while we aim to be bug-free, sometimes your inventiveness overwhelms us. It is our belief that 5.0 will run on older devices, but probably not very well. The chipsets in those devices just aren’t up to handling modern graphics. Part of the impetus behind the account transfers feature was to let people move their games from older devices to newer ones, if they have them available, since we are considering ending support for those devices.

CrazyNerdyGirl
12-04-2014, 10:44 AM
Can we please fix the problem with NPC spawning in on top of each other? I have to reload the map many times to spread them. This can't be "random" because it happens all to often.

Also, would it kill you to give us events we can finish with little or no money. Less than 100 a cycle and still improve our game? The money you demand would allow us all to buy game systems WITH games and extra controller.

We are looking into addressing some of the NPC issues with only displaying NPCs with active LTQ goals, so it will minimize the number of NPCs on a map. The actual issue of the NPCs spawning on each other is a more complicated fix, but we are looking into ways to improve performance and stability of the game.

In regards to events with little or no money, there are different event chains for different levels of difficulty. We have also started giving out energy/health/stamina in goals to help players progress through goals. Temporary bonuses were also added so active players could easily earn bonuses each WD cycle to boost the ability for them to finish events.

Milburn Pennybags
12-04-2014, 10:45 AM
Who in their right mind decided a 7 Day WD was a good idea? We did not like it when it was 5 days and have repeatedly asked for shorter WDs. With division now in place, why not make it a tournament where the Top 5 from each divisions moves on.

Making the event more tournament style is an idea we've kicked around in the past, and I do think it would be cool, but I also think it really becomes a different event at that point. It's something we'll consider in the future.

As far as the weeklong WD, this was largely my idea. The thinking was that with the three year anniversary, new features coming out, and the event being in the USA this time that this would be a fun and exciting time to kick the war up a notch. I know a lot of top factions do fight hard in these events, but to be honest I'm surprised by the level of reaction in the forums towards the event. This is designed to be a fun and celebratory event, but please know that we are listening to your feedback on this, as well as feedback we get away from the forums and what we view on the usage data within the game.

MW Flake
Several times now you've told us to contact CS. I don't think you understand. It's not bad, it's almost completely nonexistent. When major problems hit, there is no reply at all. Often, the replies have absolutely nothing to do with the ticket sent in. Even during non crisises it often takes weeks to get a response. Having us contact support for anything is futile.

Ozymandias
Do WD scores for a hit on a opposing player take any account of either whether anyone else is hitting that player, or how recently you have hit it?

CrazyNerdyGirl
12-04-2014, 10:46 AM
Many players have reached lvl 300. It would be nice if you raise this max lvl till 400 or 500

Thanks for the suggestion, we are planning an upcoming release that would revitalize the base game and add expansions to current systems like leveling, guild bonuses, and other items. Stay tuned to the forums for announcements regarding these expansions.

12-04-2014, 10:47 AM
After the update will the only way to transfer accounts be through gamecenter or will the old method still be available ?

Jaded Fusion
12-04-2014, 10:50 AM
With the new mods "alliance defence" & "triple/double strike"
when can we expect to see these mods offered out to non top 5 teams? These chance mods are/could be a huge impact making those top teams near unbeatabe in wd.

Milburn Pennybags
12-04-2014, 10:51 AM
After the update will the only way to transfer accounts be through gamecenter or will the old method still be available ?

We are planning to have the new account transfer functionality be the only functionality available. The new system is really much better! That being said, if you have problems with the system please let us know.

HellRaizer
12-04-2014, 10:51 AM
Thanks for the feedback/answers so far.. This has been really good.. :)

RhythmNBruise
12-04-2014, 10:53 AM
I would be interested in beta testing

Great, more beta testers would be awesome!

We're revamping our beta process over here, and we'll probably be looking for more beta testers (especially for Android) at that time. We'll post here when we're ready to add people to the program with instructions on how to get into the program.

CrazyNerdyGirl
12-04-2014, 10:54 AM
o health packs
o energy refills
o stamina refills

Question 2:

The units you mention are "worthless" have benefits to low/mid level players. We have to keep a decent balance of content for all player types. We are working on ways to improve the LTQ and reward experience moving forward.

Mission Payout Bonuses help lower/mid level players make more cash to get items. In upcoming releases, we will be updating the PvE experience to reflect recent stat inflation prizes.

Clementine
12-04-2014, 10:54 AM
Not really on topic but I mean how often do we get to ask people from gree actual questions.
Are you ever going to have support like that actually answer tickets properly and resolve things?
Rather than just computer generated responses and closing tickets.

Several times now you've told us to contact CS. I don't think you understand. It's not bad, it's almost completely nonexistent. When major problems hit, there is no reply at all. Often, the replies have absolutely nothing to do with the ticket sent in. Even during non crisises it often takes weeks to get a response. Having us contact support for anything is futile.

Hi Kavoc & MW Flake! We do know that recently it has been a very frustrating experience with Customer Support for Modern War. The team has been working hard to get responses out quickly to everyone and we know that sometimes it can feel computer generated, or that not all of your questions may get addressed. The team is working hard on improving this for the future.

psyconaz
12-04-2014, 10:56 AM
Can we have a splash Screan before every new event explaining the rules and how reward work if the rewards stack and everythin

HellRaizer
12-04-2014, 10:56 AM
Do you or will you ever develop for windows phones.. I'm guessing no because of cost.. But worth an ask :)

RhythmNBruise
12-04-2014, 10:57 AM
We are planning to have the new account transfer functionality be the only functionality available. The new system is really much better! That being said, if you have problems with the system please let us know.

The Funzio account method of transferring accounts is going away, yes.

But if you don't have your old device, you can contact CS to get your old account moved to a new phone or tablet!

CrazyNerdyGirl
With the new mods "alliance defence" & "triple/double strike"
when can we expect to see these mods offered out to non top 5 teams? These chance mods are/could be a huge impact making those top teams near unbeatabe in wd.

We aren't going to just give these bonuses out to the top factions. These bonuses will make a regular appearance in Mission Plan when they come out. We will be working to make sure bonuses are more balanced moving forward.

Genen
As was noted before many players were locked from log in due to playing their games on older slower devices. Since that some bought newer devices like iPad Air or iPhone 6. Those folks could be helped by your CS just by transferring locked accounts to newer devices while v. 5.0 still under development. However most of the tickets were ignored so far

Jaded Fusion
12-04-2014, 10:59 AM
We aren't going to just give these bonuses out to the top factions. These bonuses will make a regular appearance in Mission Plan when they come out. We will be working to make sure bonuses are more balanced moving forward.

How are the "triple/double strike" bonus stack? Ie like health regen?

MW Flake
12-04-2014, 11:00 AM
In spite of the major issues we've seen lately, one ongoing problem is that every single event has a problem. Literally. Why should we trust anything is going to change? If you can't get the basics right, will you slow down, back off, or even cancel events until things are right?

dan2407
How long until modern war is unable to play on an iPhone 4s?

Cody21(DockbotSupport)2.0
Points 1 and 3 of your question are hopefully answered by my colleague CrazyNerdGirl.

As far as the points in WD, we haven't changed how these work currently. However, we do feel like there are some improvements possible in the future, in particular to reduce the feeling that players are penalized for leveling up. We will definitely let you know well in advance before we go changing something like this, since we know it would impact the way you choose to approach the game.

Yes thx, that answers #1, as far as the WD points could you be more specific on how it is currently working then, all that we know on how the points is what we have guessed/observed the factors are. If I had to guess I would say the lvl is the biggest factor, then the closeness of the battle, then the difference in bp rank, and then addition factors like a random factor and the points seem to go down if several are hitting the same guy, but these are all just guesses, if you could provide more information it would be very helpful so players can try to maximize the points they receive.

Toby_Bear
I've seen this mentioned many times but maybe not direct enough to receive a direct answer. Is it still your intention to seriously run a 7 day WD because you think it's cool even though the masses continue to tell you it's absurd?

RhythmNBruise
12-04-2014, 11:01 AM
As was noted before many players were locked from log in due to playing their games on older slower devices. Since that some bought newer devices like iPad Air or iPhone 6. Those folks could be helped by your CS just by transferring locked accounts to newer devices while v. 5.0 still under development. However most of the tickets were ignored so far

I have confirmed with CS that they're answering all the account transfer tickets that they've gotten, but sometimes they need more information as part of our fraud prevention methods.

We know that sometimes the emails CS sends out can get caught in spam filters, so if you're waiting for a response from our CS team, please check your spam folder. If you've been waiting a while and haven't seen any mail in your inbox or spam folder, please try contacting us again.

Milburn Pennybags
12-04-2014, 11:03 AM
Question 1) Can a more expedient method of building walls for WD be established? As a faction leader, one of the most mundane jobs is to sit around building /leveling up walls. If a faction has enough cash & enough concrete I should be able to select which level wall I'd like to building & the cash & concrete be used accordingly.

Question 2) Is there any intent in the near future to expand/increase faction bonuses? Infrastructure bonuses like building upgrade time reduction or building upgrade cost reduction would be great. Or a bonus that increases the chance of a box opening. Or an energy regen bonus.

Question 3) Can there be a disable/enable option for the "Collect All Income" button?

Question 4) As an Android user, I've noticed there is a character limit to posting on other player's MW profile. I know other Android users are experiencing the same issue. Why is that?

Question 5) Why is there often fluctuations in WD points when attacking the same player? Sometimes I see points at 375+, then the next hit will only be 225+.

Regarding point 1, other people have mentioned this, and we agree this could be better and would like to improve it.

Regarding point 2, totally agree that we could use some new bonuses here, and it's on our list of things we'd like to add.

Regarding point 3, why would you want to disable this button out of curiosity? This isn't currently on our roadmap.

Regarding point 4, We'll look into this.

Regarding point 5, WD points are subject to a random factor. As I mentioned in another post, we haven't changed the way these work, although we do have some ideas for improvement, but we won't be changing these until we have plenty of time to communicate it in advance and make sure that the new system is an actual improvement.

Clementine
12-04-2014, 11:03 AM
Thank you for participating folks! The AMA is now closed for new questions, however we know that some may not have been answered. Our Developers will try and check back throughout the next few weeks and see if there are any additional questions they can answer here. We will be doing another one really soon, so keep an eye out for details!

Milburn Pennybags
12-04-2014, 11:06 AM
Just wanted to say we *really* appreciate you taking the time to join us today! I have to run to another meeting, but will try to drop in and answer more questions throughout the day. Thanks for all your suggestions and time!

RhythmNBruise
12-04-2014, 11:20 AM
Hey, all, thanks so much for showing up and posting questions! We're working on getting answers to at least one of each question, even if we don't necessarily answer every post.