PDA

View Full Version : 5.0 (as per Facebook)

HellRaizer
12-01-2014, 03:25 PM
Commanders,

5.0 is going to be hitting the app store later this week or next week. First and foremost, we want you to know that the login issues will be fixed with this update! We apologize that this took so long and look forward to everyone getting back in. Listed below are some of the other major features that were being worked on prior and parallel to this occurrence:

1. Recycling! That's rights, you'll be able to trade in those unwanted units for cash and valor!
2. Minimum Participation in WD: You'll need to compete in the future to earn those sweet prizes. Participation may vary based on event. The new display will let you know how many wars you need to complete to earn that prize!
3.Open Faction Enrollment: This will be optional!
4. Soldier Equipment: More details later this week!
5. Account Transfer: Multiple devices and NO support ticket needed! More to follow up later this week.

Hope you are all ready for this exciting update and can't wait to get it all out to you! Thanks!

Captain Buck Slayer
12-01-2014, 03:34 PM
Hallelujah!!!

HellRaizer
12-01-2014, 03:39 PM
Wonder if Tadaaah posted that FB message ;)

From what I tried of this so far it does what it says on the tin. It'll be nice to clear out some junk units and get a little valor and cash back.

I saw the manage accounts feature. Although obviously not testable. Wonder if that's why they have linked it to game centre? Similar to other mobile games out there

Thumpr
12-01-2014, 03:43 PM
Blinkblink.....wonder if the data usage will be cleaned up too? Heck, wonder how much the recycling will clean up their db storage?

Clementine
12-01-2014, 03:48 PM
A more detailed post about this update will be coming to the forums soon! Keep an eye peeled.

backstabber
12-01-2014, 03:54 PM
A more detailed post about this update will be coming to the forums soon! Keep an eye peeled.
Lol nice pun

Jd-fors
12-01-2014, 03:54 PM
So...only another week or two?havent seen my base in 27 days.seems like a long way out still!

codys21
12-01-2014, 04:18 PM

Will factions get to choose the minimum to be eligible for prizes? The top factions have different requirements than mini factions.

psyconaz
12-01-2014, 04:25 PM

I bet we will receive division prize only after update?

Danger Mouse
12-01-2014, 05:16 PM
If you don't mind, I think I'll wait a week to see the full impact of updating, including unintended "features", before downloading. Not that I don't trust GREE or anything.......

Civiltrojan
12-01-2014, 05:19 PM
Account will be linked with Game Center? What happens if we already have 2 different MW accounts set up on 2 different devices that both use the same Game Center account?

MajikUF
12-01-2014, 05:25 PM
Don't forget Soldier Equip....

http://greegam.es/SoldierEquip

Can't even get the game to run correctly now and more features are being added. <sarcasm>hooray</sarcasm>

cdun13
12-01-2014, 05:55 PM
Good thing I have 10 mil valor saved up. I'm sure there will be items for sale to take place of these valor units. Idea might be cool. Hard to get any worse

Clementine
12-01-2014, 06:11 PM
Additional details can be found here: http://forums.gree.net/showthread.php?102457-Build-Notes-Modern-War-v5-0

We will also be having an AMA on Thursday: http://forums.gree.net/showthread.php?102454-AMA-Ask-The-Developer-Anything-December-4th

corey0025
12-01-2014, 07:24 PM
So for the thousandth time the question has been asked...for those locked out of their game since almost a month ago, what is going to be done for them? I've lost an entire cycle, missed an entire ltb, and lost all the rewards that everyone else was able to get because they could log in.

Jd-fors
12-01-2014, 07:56 PM
Not to mention.the WD before I got locked out I lost gold on paks I could not use and were losing from inventory!

psyconaz
12-01-2014, 08:01 PM
So for the thousandth time the question has been asked...for those locked out of their game since almost a month ago, what is going to be done for them? I've lost an entire cycle, missed an entire ltb, and lost all the rewards that everyone else was able to get because they could log in.

Also missed the 40% gold sale

Clementine
12-01-2014, 09:05 PM

At this time I do not have an answer for this. Once I do, I will share.

Danger Mouse
12-01-2014, 10:37 PM
Clementine - the soldier ATTACK/DEFENCE, does this mean the level up skill points will finally mean something? Or is this something new and has nothing to do with att/def skill points???

Stumps
12-01-2014, 10:58 PM
Further to the above does it mean stats have no use?

Or is it your soldiers equipment plus your stats?

Adm.
12-02-2014, 02:59 AM
It's not that easy.

Your atk vs their def is one outcome.
Your def vs their atk is one outcome.
Your soldier atk vs their soldier def is one outcome
Your soldier def vs their soldier atk is one outcome
Your equip atk vs their equip def is one outcome
Your equip def vs their equip atk is one outcome.

Then Gree takes all of those results, rolls the dice, and tells you if you won or lost. Don't try looking at your opponents info before hand to figure out the outcome, as you will fail. This is to be the biggest gambling aspect we have ever seen in this game. Your stats no longer mean anything.

Adm.
12-02-2014, 03:38 AM
Just a little bit of what they see: http://forums.gree.net/showthread.php?102353-6-5-days-Until-War-Where-s-Our-Skillpoint-Reset-At-And-Breakdown-of-Skills

Dborg
12-02-2014, 12:05 PM
Only thing missing is a co-leader option ..that would facilitate a lot of things on actual leaders

Clementine
12-02-2014, 12:12 PM
Clementine - the soldier ATTACK/DEFENCE, does this mean the level up skill points will finally mean something? Or is this something new and has nothing to do with att/def skill points???

Be sure to join the AMA we will be running on Thursday. This is a great question to ask our Development Team!

http://forums.gree.net/showthread.php?102454-AMA-Ask-The-Developer-Anything-December-4th

Danger Mouse
12-02-2014, 02:52 PM
Be sure to join the AMA we will be running on Thursday. This is a great question to ask our Development Team!

http://forums.gree.net/showthread.php?102454-AMA-Ask-The-Developer-Anything-December-4th

I cant as I'm in the wrong timezone And work for a living. Speaking of which, why don't you ask the devs and get back to us with an answer. Now there's a novel idea.

Greeny1
12-02-2014, 02:56 PM
I cant as I'm in the wrong timezone And work for a living. Speaking of which, why don't you ask the devs and get back to us with an answer. Now there's a novel idea.

That's crazy, actually getting the devs to answer some of the many burning issues without relying on them being asked directly in one tiny window of opportunity......

Clementine
12-02-2014, 03:01 PM

As mentioned in the AMA post we will actually be opening up the AMA the night before so that folks from all timezones get a chance to ask questions in advance! We will also be keeping the AMA posted in the General Section even after it is has ended so that folks may read the Developer's answers.

Danger Mouse
12-02-2014, 03:08 PM
As mentioned in the AMA post we will actually be opening up the AMA the night before so that folks from all timezones get a chance to ask questions in advance! We will also be keeping the AMA posted in the General Section even after it is has ended so that folks may read the Developer's answers.

Or, as a community mod with access to the development team, you could do your job and get answers to our questions, as asked, when asked. That is your job isn't it?

Greeny1
12-02-2014, 03:09 PM
Clementine, how about getting the Devs to come prepared by putting the numerous issues that have been mentioned on the forum to them BEFORE. That way people get answers quickly, even if it's a 'we are not sure but we will look in to it' reply. Communication is the key to keeping people happy. Saying nothing makes people irate and quit the game. Remember, the customer is always right :D

Greeny1
12-02-2014, 03:09 PM
Or, as a community mod with access to the development team, you could do your job and get answers to our questions, as asked, when asked. That is your job isn't it?

Snap!xxxxxxxxx

sstuutss
12-02-2014, 03:22 PM
the thought of dumping all the questions and half* the answers in one thread does make me laugh a little though.
why have threads in the forum at all? lets just make it one huge thread, should be fun.

the devs cant find enough unanswered questions to keep them busy? and I thought I needed glasses.......

*hey I'm feeling optimistic

Jd-fors
12-02-2014, 04:24 PM
Today is day 28 since I have seen my game.nothing matters to me anymore except to see my ruined base,my overvault gone and all the losses I have incurred thru no fault of my own.the new buildings I don't have or the top 25 faction i no longer belong too.i wonder what units they earned that I won't have?i lost gold the WD of the 3rd thru the 5th as my med packs kept disappearing.i have submitted at least 10 tickets and they all say solved but yet,I still cannot get on.bitter,me?cmon,I have payed a lot of money over the last few years and yet the nightmare continues for me and many others.i surely do hope the fix works GREE.because if it don't I think this game will be done and I never thought I would say that.feel free to send this message to the develop team as I am one unhappy customer!!!

Clementine
12-02-2014, 04:36 PM
Clementine, how about getting the Devs to come prepared by putting the numerous issues that have been mentioned on the forum to them BEFORE. That way people get answers quickly, even if it's a 'we are not sure but we will look in to it' reply. Communication is the key to keeping people happy. Saying nothing makes people irate and quit the game. Remember, the customer is always right :D

We are already doing this! You read my mind.

Greeny1
12-02-2014, 04:47 PM
I like! Hopefully will make it a good read then!

Ranger89
12-02-2014, 08:19 PM
Here's a question for the AMA...

WHEN AM I GOING TO BE ABLE TO LOG IN!

Jd-fors
12-03-2014, 03:35 PM
I would like to know what the compensation package is?is it out here anywhere?

Ranger89
12-04-2014, 08:13 PM
When am I going to be able to log in???[/SIZE]

NO_BS
12-04-2014, 10:04 PM
Clementine, in the announcement thread and the AMA, it was mentioned:

Account Transfer - Easier account transfer, multiple accounts per device. Overview here.

In the link to the article, there was no mention for handling multiple accounts on one devise nor about google play-

https://games.gree-support.net/hc/en-us/articles/203701680-Account-Transfer-through-Game-Center

Could you update to provide more details prior to the release of 5.0? It seems this version will eventually be a forced upgrade as mentioned by the Developer during the AMA that hopefully fix a lot of issues and Gamecentre/Googleplay would be a critical requirement for the game to be played on a devise that works better, and not to mention for those with multiple accounts the possibility to use one devise to play it all.

NO_BS
12-04-2014, 10:53 PM
Linking a game account to a second Game Center account is not possible. Attempting to do so result in a new game account appearing on your device. Swapping back to the original Game Center account will restore the original game account. This is to make it possible for players to share one device without needing to share a game account.

Does same above apply to having a Game Center account and a Google Play account for the same game account (or multiples)? Does it also mean we cannot migrate from Game Center to Google Play and vice versa?

Mcdoc
12-05-2014, 08:47 AM
So when you said there will be a New Modern War 5.0 Update released later this week - I assume you meant the 3rd week in January ?

the working version that is