PDA

View Full Version : I'm Out! Kinda... See You on Social!

Tadaaah
12-01-2014, 10:20 AM
Hey guys,

As many of you have realized, I have been absent from the forums lately. The reason for this is I'll be moving completely to our Social Media pages for all games. This move is to enable players more ways to communicate with the company and put information about the games in front of more players. Yes, ideally all messaging will be included in-game, but sometimes it isn't possible. This will help us get more information out to as more players. Additionally, you may see exclusive contests or events happen on different channels.

Please keep in mind, that means that I will not be answering any PM's, other than those currently in my inbox, or be visible on any threads. The only exception to this is I will still be popping in from time to time on the League of War forums. Additionally, the social channels won't pick up significantly in activity until the beginning of the new year. It takes some time to plan out content for 22 different channels.

It was awesome while it lasted and I look forward to seeing you all on social! Toodles!

Captain Buck Slayer
12-01-2014, 11:25 AM
bye tadaaah!

Adm.
12-01-2014, 11:36 AM
Ok, wonderful. Congratulations. Where the hell does that leave the thousands of MW players still locked out waitin for an answer?

Adm.
12-01-2014, 11:38 AM
So we are left to fend for ourselves completely now huh? Transparency and up to date information really rocks in this place.

andy2
12-01-2014, 11:45 AM
The bad news is that we now essentially have nobody to communicate the nonsense Gree allows you to tell us.

The good news is that we never really got much anyway, so there's not a big difference between you doing your job and nobody doing your job.

Clementine
12-01-2014, 11:48 AM
Hi Folks! I just wanted to stop by and let you know that we know its been a bit quiet in the forums from our side, and we are working on resolving this! We are going to be adding some additional hands, not just on the official GREE side, but more Forum Moderators as well! We are also hoping to get the Developers more active on here with regular updates, and more AMAs/Q&As. We just ask that you bear with us while we go through this transition period and begin ramping up!

Please know that I am personally committed to making the Community a more enjoyable, and positive place to be, and will not give up until that happens!

andy2
12-01-2014, 12:13 PM
I'd post more than once a week then, when a large portion of your player base is quitting because they can't get into or adequately play your game. Your company doesn't stop events over the holidays, so start doing your job and actually provide some communication and support. If you are so personally committed to it, start showing us by doing your job.

EDIT: The developer AMAs/Q&As have proven to be beyond pointless because the actual questions always get skirted around or are too vague to actually provide decent answers. At this point we DO NOT CARE ABOUT NEW DEVELOPMENT. FIX WHAT YOU HAVE NOW. It would be awesome if the new staff could work with all the teams to actually get resolutions on the hundreds of bugs and issues the game has before we do anything else.

EDIT P.S.: I know you are trying to catch up on reading the forums from such a long cushy vacation, but more forum moderators might not be a good idea either unless they can do the above... I'm sure you will read what I'm talking about though... eventually.

Kefa
12-01-2014, 12:28 PM
Hi Folks! I just wanted to stop by and let you know that we know its been a bit quiet in the forums from our side, and we are working on resolving this! We are going to be adding some additional hands, not just on the official GREE side, but more Forum Moderators as well! We are also hoping to get the Developers more active on here with regular updates, and more AMAs/Q&As. We just ask that you bear with us while we go through this transition period and begin ramping up!

Please know that I am personally committed to making the Community a more enjoyable, and positive place to be, and will not give up until that happens!

Well, this may seem curt, but we have a thread open in the MW forum with 1,181 posts and no response from any company rep for 12 days now. People are having actual REAL serious issues with the app, and adding "non official GREE" "Hands", frankly, isn't going to help. The only thing that is going to help is more communication from the company to the customers, and that communication needs to be allot more than "we are working on it, be patient".

Sorry to rant, but it's ridiculous. You personally would not tolerate this treatment from ANY company you are paying money to for any product or service.

Also, a terrible trend on this forum is continued, that as soon as a person like Tadaaah get's familiar enough with the game to actually start being of help to the community, they get moved somewhere else or removed altogether. How is it that the oldest members of the official game forum are the customers and, while the game currently faces its biggest operational crisis in history, we currently do not even have an official company representative for our forum who knows anything substantial about Modern War? (absolutely no offense to you or legolias - but Tadaaah was finally just learning the ins and outs of the game).

Majesty
12-01-2014, 12:37 PM
So, Taddaah is out and Clementine isn't replying to our requests for an update on those of us locked out of MW. Would you PLEASE at least tell us you know we're here?

Bobar
12-01-2014, 12:56 PM
so are we getting answers at facebook??

andy2
12-01-2014, 01:18 PM
Well, this may seem curt, but we have a thread open in the MW forum with 1,181 posts and no response from any company rep for 12 days now. People are having actual REAL serious issues with the app, and adding "non official GREE" "Hands", frankly, isn't going to help. The only thing that is going to help is more communication from the company to the customers, and that communication needs to be allot more than "we are working on it, be patient".

Sorry to rant, but it's ridiculous. You personally would not tolerate this treatment from ANY company you are paying money to for any product or service.

Also, a terrible trend on this forum is continued, that as soon as a person like Tadaaah get's familiar enough with the game to actually start being of help to the community, they get moved somewhere else or removed altogether. How is it that the oldest members of the official game forum are the customers and, while the game currently faces its biggest operational crisis in history, we currently do not even have an official company representative for our forum who knows anything substantial about Modern War? (absolutely no offense to you or legolias - but Tadaaah was finally just learning the ins and outs of the game).

right? so much for being so committed to making it better. Words are easy to say. Not one action has proven that any of the Gree employees who post on this forum give one single crap about any of us.

Clementine
12-01-2014, 01:21 PM

Unfortunately on this I do not have a new update from the Developers than what was previously posted. They are still working on fixing the issues, which will hopefully be resolved in the next update (still waiting for Apple to approve so that we can release). ]

I am also excited to let you know that I am working with the Developers on getting you weekly updates of what they are working on and the status of certain features/fixes! Look for this coming really soon!

Clementine
12-01-2014, 01:22 PM
EDIT P.S.: I know you are trying to catch up on reading the forums from such a long cushy vacation, but more forum moderators might not be a good idea either unless they can do the above... I'm sure you will read what I'm talking about though... eventually.

We are actually looking to add additional Moderators from the other games that do not yet have representation, including Modern War (as well as Crime City and War of Nations).

Agent Orange
12-01-2014, 01:31 PM
We are actually looking to add additional Moderators from the other games that do not yet have representation, including Modern War (as well as Crime City and War of Nations).

If I might make a suggestion, don't take players and make them moderators. There are a few issues with having player/customers moderating forums notwithstanding the lack of general knowledge of the specific game and it's players. If these are bonefied Gree employees them that would be terrific, but personally, I think it's a bad idea any other way.

HellRaizer
12-01-2014, 01:35 PM
Thankyou Tadaaah.. I was fun... What social sites will you be on?.. Facebook, twitter etc.. Look forward to seeing your posts dev..

Clementine, how many Admins and devs do you think will be on the forums on here on a daily basis?

Agent Orange
12-01-2014, 01:35 PM
Btw congrats Taadaaah

Ozymandias
12-01-2014, 01:39 PM
Aren't forums social media then?

geesbad
12-01-2014, 02:10 PM
maybe they meant social security....LOL

Tadaaah
12-01-2014, 02:50 PM
Thankyou Tadaaah.. I was fun... What social sites will you be on?.. Facebook, twitter etc.. Look forward to seeing your posts dev..

Yes, you'll see Facebook and Twitter activity pick up. Then, you'll see new pages pop up like Tumblr and Twitch.

Btw congrats Taadaaah

Thanks.

Aren't forums social media then?

Newer forms of social media such as Facebook and Twitter will be my focus.

P.S. Yes, there is an update posted on Facebook.

Clementine
12-01-2014, 02:51 PM

Clementine, how many Admins and devs do you think will be on the forums on here on a daily basis?

Thats hard to say right now. You are definitely going to be seeing more of me over the next few weeks, particularly here in Modern War, Crime City, and Kingdom Age. Those games were previously handled by Tadaaah, which is why you rarely saw me here. That will all change and you will see me around hopefully posting daily in all games.

You will start to see a Dev posting a few times a week, at most, but remember they are hard a work on the game, so we don't want them in here too much. Once we get more Moderators, specifically one(s) that play Modern War on a regular basis, you will see them around much more as well.

Bob Belcher
12-01-2014, 03:08 PM
Worst idea I've heard yet! Can't even get awnsers on forum here and now you expect us to check other media outlets! Forget that I quit facebook over 2 yrs ago and all these others are a joke also,Twitter is for twits and facebooks sucks! Your wasting your time improve the game fix the on going issues and you wouldn't need to promote your games any where else!! Disgruntled player for over 3 weeks now with no end insigh, Great job Gree FYI gold sales were non existent this WD THANKS FOR NOTHING,

Adm.
12-01-2014, 03:23 PM

That sounds great. It really does. Except it's the same exact thing you two promised 6 months ago when you signed on.

Just another fail. Thank you for all you haven't done.

andy2
12-01-2014, 03:25 PM
Even in this thread we continue to tell them that we don't care about the 'nice to have' things like extra player mods or social media. We want the game FIXED before they waste time doing anything else. We want a direct line between us and the developers who can actually provide timely updates as to what fixes are being worked on and when we will see them. And we want actual progress towards those fixes before new broken stuff is pushed upon us. Its as if you just don't understand that people need to hear that their issues are being worked on and what will be done to make it right. Do you even get that people in my faction have been locked out of the game for weeks on end, losing out on tons of progress in the game, and you people cant even be bothered to give us a simple status update for two weeks? How do you expect people to keep spending and paying for your jobs here. Its like talking to a wall sometimes, not a 'community' manager.

Clementine
12-01-2014, 03:27 PM
That sounds great. It really does. Except it's the same exact thing you two promised 6 months ago when you signed on.

Just another fail. Thank you for all you haven't done.

I understand that things haven't happened as fast as the Community would like, and that has caused distrust in us, and the company, and for that I am deeply sorry. It is my hope to rebuild this trust, slowly but steadily. To be honest, we too have been frustrated with the lack of progress, which is why we will be doubling our efforts with adding more hands on the official GREE side, as well as more Moderators who play other games.

Adm.
12-01-2014, 03:30 PM
So we go from two paid personel who couldnt handle the job placed before them, to now having one trying to do that with a bunch of player mods (which has been shown to be a big mistake) and the other developing something the player base has no interest in. Corporate waste and lunacy at its finest.

Clementine
12-01-2014, 03:31 PM
Even in this thread we continue to tell them that we don't care about the 'nice to have' things like extra player mods or social media. We want the game FIXED before they waste time doing anything else. We want a direct line between us and the developers who can actually provide timely updates as to what fixes are being worked on and when we will see them. And we want actual progress towards those fixes before new broken stuff is pushed upon us. Its as if you just don't understand that people need to hear that their issues are being worked on and what will be done to make it right. Do you even get that people in my faction have been locked out of the game for weeks on end, losing out on tons of progress in the game, and you people cant even be bothered to give us a simple status update for two weeks? How do you expect people to keep spending and paying for your jobs here. Its like talking to a wall sometimes, not a 'community' manager.

Adding additional Moderators will help to escalate issues more quickly to myself, so that I can then ensure the Developers do not overlook them. Even when it was both Tadaaah and myself, on a daily basis we were both handling multiple games. With her working on Social Media until we bring extra hands on it will be just myself handling all the titles. Since I can't be in all places at once, Moderators who play the game are going to be extra important in bringing threads and issues to our attention, which will get your more answers to your questions. Unfortunately I do not have the capability to make the Development Teams resolve issues any faster, but what I can do is stress the importance of resolving certain issues in a timely manner, and make sure they keep the player interest in mind.

Adm.
12-01-2014, 03:34 PM
So it seems you replied as I was. As has been said all over the place, the player mod is not a good idea, especially since the vetting process seems nonexistent. Is extortion and harassment what we can expect in the future?

Clementine
12-01-2014, 03:39 PM
So it seems you replied as I was. As has been said all over the place, the player mod is not a good idea, especially since the vetting process seems nonexistent. Is extortion and harassment what we can expect in the future?

For now the Forum Moderator Program is here to stay. We will always be looking at improving the selection process, and ensuring all Moderators know what is expected from them.

andy2
12-01-2014, 03:44 PM
Adding additional Moderators will help to escalate issues more quickly to myself, so that I can then escalate them to the Developers. Even when it was both Tadaaah and myself, on a daily basis we were both handling multiple games. With her working on Social Media until we bring extra hands on it will be just myself handling all the titles. Since I can't be in all places at once, Moderators who play the game are going to be extra important in bringing threads and issues to our attention, which will get your more answers to your questions. Unfortunately I do not have the capability to make the Development Teams resolve issues any faster, but what I can do is stress the importance of resolving certain issues in a timely manner, and make sure they keep the player interest in mind.

You bring up multiple issues here which aren't all your fault. First and foremost, that you are essentially the only customer service rep servicing all of Gree's games. It is near criminal how much they under-staff. With the player base volume and monetary spending on these games each should have multiple dedicated personnel. And save me the excuse of saying you have other customer service reps who's jobs it is to answer tickets. 99% of the time we get an automated reply and the ticket is closed and the reply isn't even on topic. Take a poll here and most everyone will be incredibly underwhelmed by any support attempted through the ticket system.

Second the fact that you are not very familiar with the game itself and need help from people who play it is a big issue. The events you run sometimes only last a day or two. We do not have time for someone to relay a message to you to relay a message to someone else (a dev) to relay a message to their boss to relay a message to the dev to relay a message to you to relay a message to us... you get the point? We need people who can be around day or night, weekday or weekend so that when an issue pops up with an event we can get a quick status on it. I'm not talking about single player issues here, I'm talking about things like the three day ltq glitch where all 3 days showed up at once, but we couldn't even get an official gree response until the event was over. And when the people hear our messages they can relay them to devs directly.

At this point there should have been a sticky thread only mods can post in with daily updates about when the people locked out of the game will be able to get in, even if all you have to communicate is 'the devs havn't given us anything new', we would feel that someone out there cares. Perception means a lot in this industry, and the perception of Gree and the forum mods at this point is that the collective 'you' do not care.

junkkicker
12-01-2014, 03:51 PM
I understand that things haven't happened as fast as the Community would like, and that has caused distrust in us, and the company, and for that I am deeply sorry. It is my hope to rebuild this trust, slowly but steadily. To be honest, we too have been frustrated with the lack of progress, which is why we will be doubling our efforts with adding more hands on the official GREE side, as well as more Moderators who play other games.

The distrust is not because things haven't happened as fast as the community would like. Its because of the problems with the game. For example the division rewards have not been awarded yet.
We would like an answer to that, but if they were promptly awarded we would not need an answer.

Clementine
12-01-2014, 04:04 PM
You bring up multiple issues here which aren't all your fault. First and foremost, that you are essentially the only customer service rep servicing all of Gree's games. It is near criminal how much they under-staff. With the player base volume and monetary spending on these games each should have multiple dedicated personnel. And save me the excuse of saying you have other customer service reps who's jobs it is to answer tickets. 99% of the time we get an automated reply and the ticket is closed and the reply isn't even on topic. Take a poll here and most everyone will be incredibly underwhelmed by any support attempted through the ticket system.

Second the fact that you are not very familiar with the game itself and need help from people who play it is a big issue. The events you run sometimes only last a day or two. We do not have time for someone to relay a message to you to relay a message to someone else (a dev) to relay a message to their boss to relay a message to the dev to relay a message to you to relay a message to us... you get the point? We need people who can be around day or night, weekday or weekend so that when an issue pops up with an event we can get a quick status on it. I'm not talking about single player issues here, I'm talking about things like the three day ltq glitch where all 3 days showed up at once, but we couldn't even get an official gree response until the event was over. And when the people hear our messages they can relay them to devs directly.

At this point there should have been a sticky thread only mods can post in with daily updates about when the people locked out of the game will be able to get in, even if all you have to communicate is 'the devs havn't given us anything new', we would feel that someone out there cares. Perception means a lot in this industry, and the perception of Gree and the forum mods at this point is that the collective 'you' do not care.

Hi Andy!

Thank you for this post. You are correct that right now I am the only Community Manager handling all the games, and this is absolutely not ideal. As I have mentioned a couple times, we are working on getting some additional hands in here in an official capacity ASAP (but of course we need to go through the interview/hiring process first). In the meantime I will be doing the best I can, working into the wee hours of night and morning, to get you guys everything you need.

To your second point, yes I am not as familiar with Modern War as I may be with some of our other titles, but this, unfortunately, is the nature of the beast when you have one person handling so many titles. This is part of why we are getting more hands in here, so we will be able to have people specialized in fewer games. We are also working on an improved internal escalation process for when there are issues. This wont be something you see posted here, but you will see the effects of it when an issue does occur by receiving responses more quickly.

Your third point, this is a great idea and I will begin the process of getting this up and running. Thanks for the suggestion.

andy2
12-01-2014, 04:32 PM
Hi Andy!

Thank you for this post. You are correct that right now I am the only Community Manager handling all the games, and this is absolutely not ideal. As I have mentioned a couple times, we are working on getting some additional hands in here in an official capacity ASAP (but of course we need to go through the interview/hiring process first). In the meantime I will be doing the best I can, working into the wee hours of night and morning, to get you guys everything you need.

To your second point, yes I am not as familiar with Modern War as I may be with some of our other titles, but this, unfortunately, is the nature of the beast when you have one person handling so many titles. This is part of why we are getting more hands in here, so we will be able to have people specialized in fewer games. We are also working on an improved internal escalation process for when there are issues. This wont be something you see posted here, but you will see the effects of it when an issue does occur by receiving responses more quickly.

Your third point, this is a great idea and I will begin the process of getting this up and running. Thanks for the suggestion.

I understand this game wasn't your responsibility until now. Understand though that many times we have been told that the person in charge will be around and do whatever it takes to turn this place around. They say that... then more bugged events pop up and go right by without any support. It is crucial that if you say this you actually mean it. It won't be the hours you want to work because of the nature of this beast, running events that span all day long it needs support all day long. I truly hope Gree can actually follow through and get you some help, although I'm sure you can understand I don't have high hopes. The people Gree does generally bring in generally need a decent amount of time to learn the game and then they fall out of love with it once they see all of the issues they cant solve and then they go somewhere else (see Tadaaah). Do whatever it takes, getting people to cover shifts you cant make (alternate weekends, hollidays, nights... just do something) and communicate often even when there is nothing to communicate and that will be a MAJOR step in the right direction.

As for my third point that is desperately needed. People pay to play this and need to know the efforts being undertaken to make sure they will be able to play again, AND what will be done to compensate for the all they have lost. In my opinion this thread should be a status of not only the biggest bug to hit MW (which is saying a lot), but all of the other bugs that come up, and should discuss the status of all things we need to know in one clear concise and helpful place...

And lastly you should ping whoever you need to that the compensation offered in general by Gree for their screwups is wayyy wayyy under what it should be. I know many people who have left the game over not being able to log in, but I know for a fact that if they knew ahead of time things would be made right once they can get back in they would come running back like the gaming addicts we all are. A few energy packs and FA tanks will not do the trick.

Adm.
12-01-2014, 04:52 PM
So we will get people who know none of the games at all. This just gets better by the minute lol. So six months down the road we will be once again hearing about how "committed to making things better" Gree is.

One other little tidbit to consider. All those naughty posts requiring you to bring on hobby mods would drop significantly if the rest of Gree was skillful at their jobs. By the time people get here they all already disgusted, and there is nothing here to make them feel any better.

You mentioned more interaction with the devs. I think we are beyond that now. How about getting your boss on here. And his boss. And the head of development. And the head of support. Let us hear first hand why their departments are unable to keep up. At this point, why isn't Mr. Sheppard on here explaining why we should have any confidence in him or anyone else in the organization? That someone who actually has some sort of authority is showing even the slightest bit of interest in anything that's going on.

1Shot
12-01-2014, 05:11 PM
Goodluck Tadaaah!

andy2
12-03-2014, 10:23 AM

Radio silence. Empty promises once again. Nobody is surprised.

bam bam.
12-04-2014, 08:04 AM
For now the Forum Moderator Program is here to stay. We will always be looking at improving the selection process, and ensuring all Moderators know what is expected from them.

It's not just the selection process. It's the lack of training and support those well meaning guys get. They all mean well but are not trained nor are they paid professionals.

As for no training. . . Here son, here's a loaded gun with no safety....have fun and don't blow your head off or shoot your annoying brother!.

As for Tadaaah, if its too hot in the kitchen go relax in the pool. Congratulations on winning the forum. Things will be exactly the same without you but thanks for trying some of the time.

Clemmy we don't need promises of things will get better...we have had them for years. Just make things better. Have a tangible measure on what will make things better. I.e. positive to negative thread counts, events without bugs, not locking your customers out, accurate start and finish times, accurate leader boards, prompt lists, transparent events explained in game before their release. We have had enough empty talk from talkers. Put a tracker up on your performance for each game and sleep on that. Spend a month LIsTENING to us and see the star rating in the App Store rise and the money come back into the game. In spite of the incompetence the game still makes money, it's a gold mine...lets help you milk that cow. LISTEN! Act consistently then LISTEN some more

bam bam.
12-04-2014, 08:07 AM
And stop banning people. Most Everyone I've seen banned has made more sense than not. They shouldn't get to the irate stage that this game pushes them too. Address their concerns and remove the hate filled posts. Bans solve nothing they just use a diff email and get back on.

Clementine
12-04-2014, 12:05 PM
Radio silence. Empty promises once again. Nobody is surprised.

We are working on a number of different things, including this. It has not been forgotten.

Captain Buck Slayer
12-04-2014, 01:42 PM
Give the mods a break, they have been doing a lot to improve communication, the AMA that was today for example.

andy2
12-06-2014, 06:43 PM
We are working on a number of different things, including this. It has not been forgotten.

I guess it takes a reallly long time huh? What could possibly take so long huh? Its a status post which should be posted EVERY DAY to assure the people that their issues are being worked on. Right now we feel like you don't care and this is exactly why.

f.henrik
12-09-2014, 09:24 PM
Thanks for your efforts!
Will WD and FL results continue to be posted and shared on this forum?
Thank you in advance for your answer!

Evil Mastermind
12-14-2014, 05:53 PM
I guess it takes a reallly long time huh? What could possibly take so long huh? Its a status post which should be posted EVERY DAY to assure the people that their issues are being worked on. Right now we feel like you don't care and this is exactly why.

I understand your frustration but do you really want a post every day that says "the devs are working on it" or "it's being looked into"? Because that's all it would be from them. They don't have concrete answers or solutions. If GREE had better programming then the game wouldn't be in this shape. Additionally, if it were coded better from the start then there would be no need for major fixes and constant updates about said fixes.

Bosco_mw
12-17-2014, 12:25 PM
ok with latest v5.0 add another % of players losing accts,, with this generic message: "our engineers are working on a fix". my situation is more simple than many, being that i have a "working" 5.0.2 app, just no account. really regret updating. work on your "fix" whatever. Just type my id in the Restore Acct field. in fact, hire me to handle these issues and related, and I'd work tirelessly to solve as many individual problems as possible :D

Lolsies
12-17-2014, 02:00 PM
Note:
We will always try our best to address player concerns with the knowledge and resources we have.

VikingsVoice
12-19-2014, 01:14 PM
Note:
We will always try our best to address player concerns with the knowledge and resources we have.

Explains why most issues go unresolved and 90%+ of the community is pissed off or has left this train wreck of a game. Seems to me that GREE is not willing to invest in their staff or their customers, if the future of this game is not obvious to you then by all means climb back on your Unicorn and go for a ride