PDA

View Full Version : Is The End Of Modern War Near?

buckshot
11-30-2014, 03:42 PM
With the massive amounts of monster accounts being sold on another Modern War forum, ridiculous stat inflations, and all the glitches and screw ups,do you think Modern War is finished?

Loki KAD
11-30-2014, 03:51 PM
With the massive amounts of monster accounts being sold on another Modern War forum, ridiculous stat inflations, and all the glitches and screw ups,do you think Modern War is finished?

Sorry to state the obvious but if the accounts are being sold then someone is going to play the account they just bought!

Generally I would have thought that was the reason for buying a product...

Regards

Loki

Adm.
11-30-2014, 04:41 PM
They may buy it, but they may not spend anywhere near what the previous owner was spending. The money loss may be just the same. Ultimately I think it will come down to whether players are ok with the 5.0 additions. I suggest people talk to Kingdom Age players now before it hits here to see if it's for you.

garen argon
11-30-2014, 06:50 PM
The new changes ruined kingdom age....that being said if you have a balanced account skill wise you'll be fine.

Danger Mouse
11-30-2014, 06:58 PM
The regular as clockwork prediction of the end, trotted out every 6 months or latest Gree SNAFU, whichever is soonest. Hasn't happened yet, not likely to happen soon.

Campy McCamperpants
11-30-2014, 07:30 PM
Threads like this are not productive. Too many people killing the forums; fix that, then the game.

Adm.
11-30-2014, 07:35 PM
The regular as clockwork prediction of the end, trotted out every 6 months or latest Gree SNAFU, whichever is soonest. Hasn't happened yet, not likely to happen soon.

I do agree we've heard this before. And each of those times things were as bad as we've ever seen, as it is right now. It will only be the end when the vast majority have finally had enough. It's not enough just yet, but I'm seeing a lot are jumping to top 100 and even top 50 to fill lots of vacancies, yet they are spending less on gold than they ever did at lower ranks. So I do expect income for gree will comtinue to decline overall. I can only imagine things are going to get far, far worse before it ends. We will see 5.0, I put it at 50-50 we will see a 6.0, but I do not expect to see a 7.0.

Adm.
11-30-2014, 08:09 PM
Threads like this are not productive. Too many people killing the forums; fix that, then the game.

If the game wasn't so poor, the forum would be a much different place. I think each and every person that is viewed as "negative" here actually hates that things have come to this. But they are just so damned frustrated about what has transpired. The forum didn't make the game bad; it's the game that made the forum "bad".

Things like this can be very productive even if they descend to lowest of verbal assaults. You just have to be willing to really step back and look at it all. And that's really what our community managers what should be doing. It's not like they are doing any of the things they initially promised to do anyway. It doesn't take a genius to read these forums to see what most players think of the game or the company. Many have tried to make positive commentary on things that would be helpful, but the sad thing is Gree has never responded back in a way that would continue to promote more of that type of discussion. Instead it's mostly only when people have grabbed their pitchforks and torches that they respond in any meaningful manner.

A perfect example is the lock out situation. It's been two weeks since anyone from Gree has commented on it. And out of all the conversation on it, it's Agent Orange that has been the most helpful of anyone. Its absurd that not one piece of advice, other than be patient, was given from Gree. I can't help but wonder of they would be able to even fathom where to look at beginning to fix this mess (of they even are) without AO pointing them in the right direction.

Give people something to be positive about, consistently, and the entire community will eventually swing back the other way. But it's going to be a long and hard process after how far they let things fall.

Pidgeot
11-30-2014, 08:16 PM
GREE has a ton of other games. MW is a decent game but it needs to be rebalanced and focused on faction play. They need to stop all indie events and turn them all into faction events. Trading and selling system will also work. GREE needs to look at other mobile games and go from there.

Adm.
11-30-2014, 08:52 PM
Grees track record indicates trading and selling features would be bad long term. Other companies games are far more secure, and they fix any wholes that do pop up rather quickly. Gree generally doesn't fix things for 6-12 months, at which point they open up some other avenue of cheat.

But when 5.0 does go live, it seems you will be able to sell back unused units the same way you can with buildings.

Danger Mouse
12-01-2014, 12:26 AM
ah, but your argument is actually supporting the theory that MW will be around for a while. For every big stat old timer that drops off the planet, as you suggest is happening, there are a myriad of new players that see the ceiling above them becoming more transparent with room to grow and compete at that level.

That's the target market for Gree. That's what all the game changers are about. Not to keep a couple of hundred crusty old fogeys happy - but give thousands of new wannabes the impression that with a little more gold spend they will soon be the ones sitting at the top of the pile.

and it appears to be working.......

So, then end of MW??

I don't think so somehow.....

Adm.
12-01-2014, 04:25 AM
Somewhere in there I mentioned that while people are stepping up, they seem to be spending far less than their predecessors. Will this game be here 6 months from now? Sure. A year? I'm not as confident. One thing we can all agree on though, is that the game peaked long ago and from here on out it will continue to decline with a few plateaus at best on its way to the end.

Rob TRK
12-01-2014, 04:51 AM
Laws of business apply.... It's really that simple. Revenue greater than cost. Margin targets hit - game carries on. So as long as the game generates decent revenue. There are whole bunches of sales considerations about how systems are seen as worthy of ongoing support. The ideal position for any company is to generate the true cash cow. That's a system which generates strong revenues for limited investment.

Candyflosser
12-01-2014, 05:14 AM
Laws of business apply.... It's really that simple. Revenue greater than cost. Margin targets hit - game carries on. So as long as the game generates decent revenue. There are whole bunches of sales considerations about how systems are seen as worthy of ongoing support. The ideal position for any company is to generate the true cash cow. That's a system which generates strong revenues for limited investment.

What is missing from the equation of predicting the death of GREE games is they have spent time standardizing the base platform. What that
means is the engine that runs MW, CC, KD, etc. are now the same. The graphics are different but the behind the scenes game mechanics are
the same. So the cost for new development is either isolated from all games or shared across their games. It is why epic boss, raid boss, energy
events, war are the same with numbers & graphics changed only. My guess is when net profit for a game falls below the cost to run the game
(Amazon EC2 instances & licenses for the tools they use to administer them) then the game gets shutdown.

MENTALLY INCOMPETENT
12-01-2014, 06:58 AM
These game types, FREEMIUM, are ALL nearing the end of their shelf lives.
They've had a great run for their purveyors.
The players are wising up as they survey their credit card balances and ever increasing data usage.
Plus, most people play as a hobby.
This has recently become a second unpaid job for many.
Sure, a few players will keep pumping it up, but the majority never pumped that much.
The majority weren't dedicated players anyway.
They'll seek other, cheaper amusements.
The dedicated base will be here until the very end.
Their numbers are dwindling.
People will pay to play,but at much lower prices.
The attention span of most adults is very limited anyway, unless they become addicted.
There is some element of that here, for a very few.
For the masses, the great wildebeest migration across the vast Sarengetti has begun.

Annihilator2
12-01-2014, 07:15 AM
I voted "yes".

The game will die fast with updates like 5 last for iOS

Danger Mouse
12-01-2014, 07:18 AM
Nah, there's always a new chump just around the next corner looking to be separated from their dollar. Plus all the guilt and peer pressure of letting your online anonymous faction "buddies" down ensures the level of expenditure to keep those pixels flowing in stays at the ragged edge of comfort. We'll be having this same "debate" next Christmas.

I Will Merc You
12-01-2014, 07:22 AM
Nah, there's always a new chump just around the next corner looking to be separated from their dollar. Plus all the guilt and peer pressure of letting your online anonymous faction "buddies" down ensures the level of expenditure to keep those pixels flowing in stays at the ragged edge of comfort. We'll be having this same "debate" next Christmas.

It really is that simple.

Well said.

Agent Orange
12-01-2014, 07:59 AM
What is missing from the equation of predicting the death of GREE games is they have spent time standardizing the base platform. What that
means is the engine that runs MW, CC, KD, etc. are now the same. The graphics are different but the behind the scenes game mechanics are
the same. So the cost for new development is either isolated from all games or shared across their games. It is why epic boss, raid boss, energy
events, war are the same with numbers & graphics changed only. My guess is when net profit for a game falls below the cost to run the game
(Amazon EC2 instances & licenses for the tools they use to administer them) then the game gets shutdown.

Just to be clear, CC came first and MW was based on this engine when it first turned up in 2011. Then Funzio changed the graphics and released KA so these three games have always had similar DNA. Also likely the reason we had all these problems lately, the base engines were never envisioned to support this level of complexity. Then factor in the sale of Funzio and likely the purging of the original staff and well you wind up with this mess.

Is this the end of MW? Hard to say with any certainty but if you look at the warning signs such as the lack of any solution to the issue of players locked out or experiencing crashes and the the total lack of comment from gree for the past week+ it sure doesn't bode well for this game.

That strong players are selling their games is a bad sign IMHO since they are likely getting pennies on the dollar but getting out while they can which given the signs is likely the smart play.

The negative ratings on the app store are also pretty bad, yes we have had issues sort of like this but this also is the worse I have ever seen.

Mw Adam
12-01-2014, 08:59 AM
Is this the end of Modern War? IDK, but it is the end for me. After almost 3 years I am throwing in the towel.

DEWIN NUTTIN
12-01-2014, 10:53 AM
Is this the end of Modern War? IDK, but it is the end for me. After almost 3 years I am throwing in the towel.

There are options. We have found a way to not play and still win.

Bone Daddy
12-01-2014, 12:24 PM
wait, I can sell my account?

DEWIN NUTTIN
12-01-2014, 12:26 PM

NOT ACCORDING to Gree's ToS.
I hear rumors of several black market sites.

Bobar
12-01-2014, 12:28 PM
http://forums.gree.net/showthread.php?102417-I-m-Out!-Kinda-See-You-on-Social!

even professional mods are leaving

codys21
12-01-2014, 01:06 PM
US is the country this cycle. I hope this isn't the last WD.

qwertyguy
12-01-2014, 04:02 PM
Just to be clear, CC came first and MW was based on this engine when it first turned up in 2011. Then Funzio changed the graphics and released KA so these three games have always had similar DNA. Also likely the reason we had all these problems lately, the base engines were never envisioned to support this level of complexity. Then factor in the sale of Funzio and likely the purging of the original staff and well you wind up with this mess.

Is this the end of MW? Hard to say with any certainty but if you look at the warning signs such as the lack of any solution to the issue of players locked out or experiencing crashes and the the total lack of comment from gree for the past week+ it sure doesn't bode well for this game.

That strong players are selling their games is a bad sign IMHO since they are likely getting pennies on the dollar but getting out while they can which given the signs is likely the smart play.

The negative ratings on the app store are also pretty bad, yes we have had issues sort of like this but this also is the worse I have ever seen.

It is by far the worst I've seen it too. It keeps getting worse with little bounce back.

As far as selling accounts, a few people in my faction are attempting to do that. It's funny because these guys got their massive accounts for free a few months ago and yet expect to get a few dollars for them...isn't happening. People are rarely buying MW accounts now. They will sometimes still take these for free, but these must be huge accounts.

Clementine
12-01-2014, 04:06 PM
http://forums.gree.net/showthread.php?102417-I-m-Out!-Kinda-See-You-on-Social!

even professional mods are leaving

Tadaaah has not left, they are simply working on different platforms than the Forums. Still employed, in fact I am currently sitting in a meeting that they are part of.

Clementine
12-01-2014, 04:07 PM

This is against the Terms of Service. Please do not discuss selling of account here on the Forums.

Captain Buck Slayer
12-01-2014, 04:09 PM
i don't think that Modern war will go bye bye guys, I'm sure everything will be fixed in the next big update.

Adm.
12-01-2014, 04:11 PM
This is against the Terms of Service. Please do not discuss selling of account here on the Forums.

If your company gave a rats to doing an effective job consistently, there would be no reason for people to consider it. Just something to think about.

Led
12-01-2014, 04:12 PM
Tadaaah has not left, they are simply working on different platforms than the Forums. Still employed, in fact I am currently sitting in a meeting that they are part of.

Tell everyone we said hello

Bobar
12-01-2014, 05:04 PM

i am getting you. BUT you (tadaaah, cj, mods/devs) promised to come up with a better communication. And your answer is reducing forum activity of professional mods and come up with facebook?? i somewhere even read twitter. i am curious how you solve problems with a single tweet. there is a lot to do here (would be a lot to do).
seems gree just goes the easy way. Ignoring the old community, trying to fish some newbies (younger facebook generation) till they understand whats going on.

Good luck!

Mastert55!
12-01-2014, 08:52 PM
Woah woah woah, whats going on guys? What are the current super stats and IPH now? Been a while since I played.

Spazer
12-02-2014, 12:53 AM
This is the beginning of the end

BrisingrBoss
12-02-2014, 01:12 AM
so now we have to actually give everyone else our personally identifiable info when posting a question, since the modds wont be here anymore

Adm.
12-02-2014, 05:38 AM
I'm not saying its never happened, just that I've never seen it, but in the last week I've seen both OSW and OSOK trolling the various chat apps looking for players. Getting tough to fill those slots?

DEWIN NUTTIN
12-02-2014, 05:56 AM
I'm not saying its never happened, just that I've never seen it, but in the last week I've seen both OSW and OSOK trolling the various chat apps looking for players. Getting tough to fill those slots?

Sears sells batteries under the Die Hard brand.
Bruce Willis even starred in movies using the words Die Hard.

Agent Orange
12-02-2014, 06:25 AM
Just came in on the AP wire, gree corp has just hired a new employee motivation and moral manager....

http://www.webwombat.com.au/entertainment/movies/images/sam-jackson-int-1.jpg