PDA

View Full Version : Sunset Scuffle Reqs.. STAY AWAY

Evan1000
11-30-2014, 11:45 AM
Wow, I was really hoping for a PvP. Anyway, this LTQ sucks, only reason I'm doing it was because I was getting a level up anyway and the exp I'm getting doesn't match that of EB.. so here it goes.

Goal - Energy Total - Total Exp Gain - Prize stats

1/15 - 100 - 15 - 98/119
2 - 420 - 53
3 - 525 - 76 - 1082/1082
4 - 655 - 89
5 - 820 - 112 - 1780/1457
6 - 1020 - 140
7 - 1280 - 178 - 2429/2632
8 - 1600 - 216
9 - 2000 - 269 - 3956/3956
10 - 2500 - 332
11 - 3120 - 405 - 6428/5934
12 - 3900 - 503
13 - 4875 - 626 - 10617/8686
14 -
15 - 7620 - 902 - 18098/12065

Running Total: 30,435 energy 3,916 exp and three items that slightly make it onto my stats

Even though we get 5 days to do this.. yeah I'd stay away unless you like crummy prizes and loads of exp.

Weasel
11-30-2014, 01:05 PM
Whoever Gree has in charge of LTQs doesn't deserve their paycheck. Nearly every LTQ recently has been something most people avoid like the plague. Even a lot of people at level 250 who have nothing to lose by participating don't play LTQs anymore. They may have nothing to lose, but spending days completing goals that serve no purpose other than to clutter their inventories with weak items they will never use is a completely redundant exercise in redundancy.

Tap here to win nothing. Now do it over here. Aaand over here. Then here. Oh, over here now! And now tap here to use gold. Then tap here to win nothing again!

trickymicky
11-30-2014, 04:08 PM
Whoever Gree has in charge of LTQs doesn't deserve their paycheck. Nearly every LTQ recently has been something most people avoid like the plague. Even a lot of people at level 250 who have nothing to lose by participating don't play LTQs anymore. They may have nothing to lose, but spending days completing goals that serve no purpose other than to clutter their inventories with weak items they will never use is a completely redundant exercise in redundancy.

Tap here to win nothing. Now do it over here. Aaand over here. Then here. Oh, over here now! And now tap here to use gold. Then tap here to win nothing again!

+1 well said

Winnson
11-30-2014, 05:22 PM
What's the prize?

Weasel
11-30-2014, 05:25 PM
Are you expecting something other than the same old unimaginative ltq prizes? If you answered yes, prepare to be disappointed.

127k/85k(?) +10% explosive attack.

cooch
11-30-2014, 06:34 PM
Funny how many thought this was a new event. SOSDLTQ....Lol

Evan1000
12-01-2014, 02:26 PM
Updated, look at that running total so far damn.. GREE gave us a hell of an LTQ

Weasel
12-01-2014, 02:53 PM
Updated, look at that running total so far damn.. GREE gave us a hell of an LTQ

I would actually enjoy the design of this LTQ if completing "normal" provided a half decent item with a non-stat mod. Fight or rob respect, rob payout, even a temporary/single use bonus like energy/health (battle or boss) refill would make the event seem more worthwhile.

Evan1000
12-01-2014, 03:00 PM
I would actually enjoy the design of this LTQ if completing "normal" provided a half decent item with a non-stat mod. Fight or rob respect, rob payout, even a temporary/single use bonus like energy/health (battle or boss) refill would make the event seem more worthwhile.

Agreed lol but with GREE yeah that ain't gonna happen anytime soon

Oh_TheHorror
12-01-2014, 10:35 PM
I would like an admin to address this issue. If GREE knows, and it should if they pay any attention at all to this forum, that the majority of players don't bother with LTQs, so why do they keep throwing them at us? It just seems like basic business 101 that if your consumers are perpetually unhappy with something, you should probably look into eliminating whatever is making them unhappy. This isn't a difficult system.

Keapa
12-02-2014, 01:19 AM
The advantage of doing the ltq, Is getting the uzis.

BrisingrBoss
12-02-2014, 01:59 AM
which we can buy with respect

Max Power
12-02-2014, 06:17 AM
I would like an admin to address this issue. If GREE knows, and it should if they pay any attention at all to this forum, that the majority of players don't bother with LTQs, so why do they keep throwing them at us? It just seems like basic business 101 that if your consumers are perpetually unhappy with something, you should probably look into eliminating whatever is making them unhappy. This isn't a difficult system.

I would estimate that less than 1% of the people that play this game hang out on the forum. I would also guess that that activity logs on their servers are a far better indicator of how many people actually participate in these events than the vocal minority that complain about everything on a forum.

Crappy and ignored events disappear pretty quickly in this game, Gree's income depends on it. I would guess these LTQs are here for a reason.

Nighteg
12-02-2014, 08:25 AM
I would estimate that less than 1% of the people that play this game hang out on the forum. I would also guess that that activity logs on their servers are a far better indicator of how many people actually participate in these events than the vocal minority that complain about everything on a forum.

Crappy and ignored events disappear pretty quickly in this game, Gree's income depends on it. I would guess these LTQs are here for a reason.

I would have to disagree. This forum is a pretty good sample of people's opinion. Beside login-in here every once in a while, i also chat with my syndicate, and they all, without exception agree with the ridiculousness of LTQs.

About your second statement - the PvP syndicate showdowns used to be the second most profitable event for gree (after battles), yet they were scrapped.

But you are right about the "these LTQs are here for a reason". The reason is laziness and inability to create an event that rewards anything but the ability to reach for my credit card.

Max Power
12-02-2014, 02:22 PM
I would have to disagree. This forum is a pretty good sample of people's opinion. Beside login-in here every once in a while, i also chat with my syndicate, and they all, without exception agree with the ridiculousness of LTQs.

About your second statement - the PvP syndicate showdowns used to be the second most profitable event for gree (after battles), yet they were scrapped.

But you are right about the "these LTQs are here for a reason". The reason is laziness and inability to create an event that rewards anything but the ability to reach for my credit card.

How do you know this?

Weasel
12-02-2014, 02:32 PM
How do you know this?

I can't speak for anyone else on that, but from my own observations that particular event was far from crappy and was most certainly not ignored. My news feed and the abundance of beat up rivals with no buildings to rob seemed to indicate a huge increase in activity the few times we got to enjoy that PvP Showdown.

Gree had reasons for scrapping it, and several requests to see it return have been made since. No dice.

IHF founder
12-02-2014, 02:41 PM

Pmsl! Well said

Greeny1
12-02-2014, 03:04 PM
Ltqs suck, prizes are poor and only obtainable by the majority by spending crazy amounts which would be better spent opening boring crates (if you are lucky) or getting a better individual rank in battles or street assault. Seriously, offer 3 levels of ltq, with bonuses of a degree attainable for all players. Will encourage more people to spend a little than only a few to spend a lot, it's not rocket science.....

Joe_V
12-02-2014, 03:17 PM

Ah came on!! you don't like the exercise in dexterity to hit the right target in the overcrowded maps. It is really fun!

Weasel
12-02-2014, 03:25 PM
Ah came on!! you don't like the exercise in dexterity to hit the right target in the overcrowded maps. It is really fun!

I have not experienced this issue. Ever.

Nighteg
12-02-2014, 03:31 PM
How do you know this?

It's was mentioned by one of gree staff ages ago. Can't remember who. And it'd make sense, it was crazy popular (sometimes x3 per cycle).

<3 Hz
12-03-2014, 12:51 PM
Yep, I'm not paying $1,000 for a pixelated stroller. That's crazier than paying $1,000 for a real stroller!

kimberleyj
12-03-2014, 01:40 PM
How do you know this?

easy just look at the old pvp leaderboards , alot of people spent at least a vault just to finsh the indi goals and to get the syn rewards and the indi leaderboard rewards. you got more rewards in a pvp . The only people that are doing the ltq are people that use gold for every event , people with loads of energy mods and maybe newbies that are not sure where to spend their gold.

Max Power
12-03-2014, 02:09 PM
Gree had reasons for scrapping it, and several requests to see it return have been made since. No dice.

It's was mentioned by one of gree staff ages ago. Can't remember who. And it'd make sense, it was crazy popular (sometimes x3 per cycle).

Interesting. Wonder if there was a tech reason.

easy just look at the old pvp leaderboards , alot of people spent at least a vault just to finsh the indi goals and to get the syn rewards and the indi leaderboard rewards. you got more rewards in a pvp . The only people that are doing the ltq are people that use gold for every event , people with loads of energy mods and maybe newbies that are not sure where to spend their gold.

When ranking the popularity of events, you can't rank one with a leaderboard vs one without. You only have half the data.

I have a feeling there is a metric ton of people that play this game that don't go to forums, don't have groupme, aren't in a top 500 syn and plunk away at these LTQs every time they come up. Like me.

I also bet there is a Gree employee looking at this thread chuckling at how clueless we are in our speculation. While I don't have a ton of faith in anything Gree does, they have to know what the ROI is on LTQ events, and since they keep coming back, my guess the return is far better than "nobody plays them".

-Batman-
12-03-2014, 08:05 PM
Ltqs suck, prizes are poor and only obtainable by the majority by spending crazy amounts which would be better spent opening boring crates (if you are lucky) or getting a better individual rank in battles or street assault. Seriously, offer 3 levels of ltq, with bonuses of a degree attainable for all players. Will encourage more people to spend a little than only a few to spend a lot, it's not rocket science.....
It's the same on epic boss how many lvl 250's would of spent some gold to get the lvl 100 prize, since they handicapped it for lvl 250's I haven't spent gold on the event.

Oh_TheHorror
12-03-2014, 10:06 PM
People may tap away at the LTQs, but who is really paying to complete them? If you're a Level 250 where gaining XP is irrelevant, you may be doing the LTQs, but are you using gold for them? Do you think the new players are paying to complete the LTQs? I can't imagine that GREE sees much a monetary return from the LTQs. If you're doing them at all, you're probably going as far as your energy will take you. But none of that takes away from my original point. A lot of people are unhappy with LTQs and don't do them. So, why not come to a compromise? You don't have to eliminate LTQs entirely. How about giving us less of them? How about replacing them with something different? You don't have to play the game very long before you realize how monotonous it is. I don't think it's asking too much to just switch things up a bit.

Max Power
12-04-2014, 12:28 PM
People may tap away at the LTQs, but who is really paying to complete them? If you're a Level 250 where gaining XP is irrelevant, you may be doing the LTQs, but are you using gold for them? Do you think the new players are paying to complete the LTQs? I can't imagine that GREE sees much a monetary return from the LTQs. If you're doing them at all, you're probably going as far as your energy will take you. But none of that takes away from my original point. A lot of people are unhappy with LTQs and don't do them. So, why not come to a compromise? You don't have to eliminate LTQs entirely. How about giving us less of them? How about replacing them with something different? You don't have to play the game very long before you realize how monotonous it is. I don't think it's asking too much to just switch things up a bit.

Well, the only people that know what is being spent is Gree, and they keep coming back with them, so I am not sure there is even any value in speculating. They wouldn't be doing them just to fill time.

They could be more creative though.

Heck, as a guy that doesn't do syndicate events, I thought pre-hitting anticipated targets added a lot of fun to it. I would love to see that come back instead of whack-a-mole on a crowded dock somewhere.

Oh_TheHorror
12-05-2014, 08:37 PM
They wouldn't be doing them just to fill time.

I wouldn't be so sure of that. The general laziness shown by the powers that be is becoming greater each day. Street Assault is a nice new event, but apart from that, I feel like I'm in Groundhog Day.