PDA

View Full Version : Is it now safe to upgrade ios devices?

Greg76
11-29-2014, 06:12 AM
I have a iphone 4s, and havent upgraded in a month. Is the upgrade issue fixed yet?

Agent Orange
11-29-2014, 06:24 AM
If it is working I would not upgrade. Though my newer devices work others have done the upgrade and been locked out.

BostonHammer
11-29-2014, 06:35 AM
I haven't done the update yet because of all the issues but does that mean I won't get the divisional prizes?

Adm.
11-29-2014, 06:50 AM
You may not get them, or you may, no one really knows. But there's a better than even chance if you upgrade you will be completely locked out of the game, which can lower your factions ranking. Of course, the Divisions are buggy anyway, so who knows how those rewards will actually play out.

Lance Link
11-29-2014, 06:57 AM
Gree will get back to you in about a month on that. Don't worry, nothing much going on in the game.

Agent Orange
11-29-2014, 07:26 AM
You may not get them, or you may, no one really knows. But there's a better than even chance if you upgrade you will be completely locked out of the game, which can lower your factions ranking. Of course, the Divisions are buggy anyway, so who knows how those rewards will actually play out.

Exactly my concerns, if you can at least get in I would leave it.

Flushing the app and reinstalling does not help, I am finding this out with my 3 iPod 4th gens. It feels like something in the dataset is the problem because on the two locked out devices they only download about 85mb of data before crashing. The 3rd device that can log in requires multiple retries before getting in. But the interesting thing is that it was able to download 1gb of data and downloads. It is also a much newer account, think about a year old vs three so my guess is a graphic, or perhaps unit or building is what is causing the log in issues.

I would be curios to know how old the accounts are that are crashing out, my oldest account is working but it is on IOS 8.1.1 BUT I never flushed the dataset when I upgraded to 4.5.2.

Paisthecoolest
11-29-2014, 08:28 AM
I would not upgrade. Many people are still completely locked out. Most others are experiencing a buggy game.