PDA

View Full Version : Please remove unpaid mods

bam bam.
11-29-2014, 12:27 AM
Seriously, no offence to these guys but they have no where near enough training and are not paid. We need professionals, not guys with opinions who get to swing an axe. Gree be professional, train these guys THoroUGhly before letting them loose in here.

I don't want comments bagging out these guys as they are trying their best. But an open discussion on organisational procedure is welcome.

pick_sax
11-29-2014, 01:22 AM
Bam bam, the flaw in your theory is thinking that gree could train them

Gree and its staff are clueless, what would they teach them? To be cluelesser?

And thanks for your feedback, I hope this helped!

Robespierre
11-29-2014, 01:45 AM
What...things like replying in already closed threads with some quips like this:

http://forums.gree.net/showthread.php?102285-R-I-P-Modern-War/page3

Gotta have 1337 H4x0R skillz for that one brah!

Danger Mouse
11-29-2014, 02:03 AM
Give the mods a break. They're like used car salesmen trying to spruik the junker sitting up on blocks with three wheels missing, chickens nesting in the drivers seat and the engine rusting on the porch under a tarp. There's only so much they can do.

Adm.
11-29-2014, 03:15 AM
Give the mods a break. They're like used car salesmen trying to spruik the junker sitting up on blocks with three wheels missing, chickens nesting in the drivers seat and the engine rusting on the porch under a tarp. There's only so much they can do.

True, but its obvious one might be on a bit of a power trip. iTunes cards anyone?

bam bam.
11-29-2014, 04:17 AM
Bam bam, the flaw in your theory is thinking that gree could train them

Gree and its staff are clueless, what would they teach them? To be cluelesser?

And thanks for your feedback, I hope this helped!

Maybe I should of mentioned to outsource the training.

Agent Orange
11-29-2014, 04:59 AM
Moderation is probably the most thankless task in the online world, it can also be the most abused privilige.

A good moderator, moderates a forum. Keyword being moderate as in being almost invisible but yet able to keep the discourse lively and civil. Basically boils down to common sense and that is something that you don't really teach in 'moderator school'.

Gree was IMHO very sneeky in how they folded this moderator job into customer appreciation month. Sneeky in that they hung these players out to dry because they realized that their own employees were taking a lot of heat from their irate customer base. What we will likely never know is if gree is the puppetmaster hiding in the shadows or these guys are just making things up as they muddle along.

If in fact they are taking orders from gree in terms of banning and closing threads then I might humbly suggest that you guys resign your positions because quite frankly you got used.

If however you are making things up and putting the TOS in your own words I offer a suggestion. Rule with a much lighter hand, direct threads before they spiral out of control or better yet get the information from the mothership that the customer base is clamoring for. You are perceived as the liason between us and them. I get that your job is to keep things to a dull roar but you have a raging fire on your hands....

Agent Orange
11-29-2014, 05:03 AM
What...things like replying in already closed threads with some quips like this:

Yes those comments are not called for.

DragCro
11-29-2014, 05:10 AM
Yes those comments are not called for.

I don't know why you all complain here? Where is a problem?
Offcourse that discrimination or insults based on sex gender,sex orientation,religion ,rase or nationality is wrong.
This forum doesn't tolerate that and i think no other forum does..
I posted on that thread because i saw that and needed to say in public that is not ok!

The other forum moderator Legalious wanted to do the same as i was trying weeks before to calm people down when the problems started with new update.
But you all turned on us as we did something wrong!
Complaining is really easy and you all mostly just complain about everything

DragCro
11-29-2014, 05:21 AM
This post i am posting as a forum member and not a moderator!
As a human i wont tolerate any discrimination!
I am liberal on my views on the world and wish the best for each human!
I can tolerate different views and respect each person and that i expect and from you all no mater on your belives!
We can't be the same and think the same but we can tolerate each other but things as insults or wishing somebody to be miserable or worst is just WRONG

DragCro
11-29-2014, 05:39 AM
Moderation is probably the most thankless task in the online world, it can also be the most abused privilige.

A good moderator, moderates a forum. Keyword being moderate as in being almost invisible but yet able to keep the discourse lively and civil. Basically boils down to common sense and that is something that you don't really teach in 'moderator school'.

Gree was IMHO very sneeky in how they folded this moderator job into customer appreciation month. Sneeky in that they hung these players out to dry because they realized that their own employees were taking a lot of heat from their irate customer base. What we will likely never know is if gree is the puppetmaster hiding in the shadows or these guys are just making things up as they muddle along.

If in fact they are taking orders from gree in terms of banning and closing threads then I might humbly suggest that you guys resign your positions because quite frankly you got used.

If however you are making things up and putting the TOS in your own words I offer a suggestion. Rule with a much lighter hand, direct threads before they spiral out of control or better yet get the information from the mothership that the customer base is clamoring for. You are perceived as the liason between us and them. I get that your job is to keep things to a dull roar but you have a raging fire on your hands....
The thing that you all here doesn't understand is that we are not ordinary moderators!
We are still forum members and players and we as that have our opinion that we can share as a forum members,the title that we are now forum moderators doesn't forbide us to post as a forum
members or have our own opinion!

I reached 1000 posts yesterday and i am proud on my self that on all those 1000 posts i didn't get one ban!
I always helped from beginning of this game and forum and didn't post jiberish or trol around!
Didn't complain to much,for those things that i complained i did that with respect to each admin or Gree employee,nice word can get you more far than the harsh and insulting!
Most of you still didn't learn to behave and you are here long long time...

Adm.
11-29-2014, 05:44 AM
You needed to say nothing. That's the problem. Legalious already handled it (well I might add, though deleting the offending post would have been a perfect solution). There was no need for additional comment from you. Hence why the thread was LOCKED. Reopenimg it to add you personal commentary was an abuse of power, plain and simple.

Ok, off to the store now. It's looking like I'm going to have to buy a LOT of iTunes cards.

Adm.
11-29-2014, 05:51 AM
No, you are just like every other moderator on every other Internet forum. You are not normal members now. You are expected to walk that fine line that means you may not be able to always say something just before you feel you should. It sucks, but that's what you signed up for. Thicker skin wouldn't hurt either, as you seem to be very sensitive to any kind of commentary that is meant to be helpful but goes against what you currently feel and believe.

You've also made the mistake of trying to moderate a community you have zero history with. Lurking around, finding out what's really going on, who's who, what the real issues are, and knowing real true honest answers instead of the empty ones you've provided is far preferred than anything you've done. Sorry if I've hurt your feelings, but to date you are failing in your role.

Agent Orange
11-29-2014, 06:02 AM
The thing that you all here doesn't understand is that we are not ordinary moderators!
We are still forum members and players and we as that have our opinion that we can share as a forum members,the title that we are now forum moderators doesn't forbide us to post as a forum
members or have our own opinion!

I reached 1000 posts yesterday and i am proud on my self that on all those 1000 posts i didn't get one ban!
I always helped from beginning of this game and forum and didn't post jiberish or trol around!
Didn't complain to much,for those things that i complained i did that with respect to each admin or Gree employee,nice word can get you more far than the harsh and insulting!
Most of you still didn't learn to behave and you are here long long time...

Actually if you read my post you would see that I do understand that you are a player, also why I tread so lightly around this hot potatoe subject. This isn't my first rodeo

Where others are getting their backs up is because there is a very strong impression of iron hand rule, and it does not help that you really are one of us because in a sense you more than anyone should understand why this is all going to crap and should be on 'our side'. So part of the anger directed to you is because some feel betrayed, I personally am ambivalent, I get how tough it is to moderate an unruley crew, I've done it. But this unruley crew are paying customers and they are frustrated, angry and fed up.

We are long past the point of cheery thoughts and happy posts.

Agent Orange
11-29-2014, 06:07 AM
No, you are just like every other moderator on every other Internet forum. You are not normal members now. You are expected to walk that fine line that means you may not be able to always say something just before you feel you should. It sucks, but that's what you signed up for. Thicker skin wouldn't hurt either, as you seem to be very sensitive to any kind of commentary that is meant to be helpful but goes against what you currently feel and believe.

You've also made the mistake of trying to moderate a community you have zero history with. Lurking around, finding out what's really going on, who's who, what the real issues are, and knowing real true honest answers instead of the empty ones you've provided is far preferred than anything you've done. Sorry if I've hurt your feelings, but to date you are failing in your role.

I think you nailed it.

sstuutss
11-29-2014, 06:09 AM
me thinks he proves your point

Adm.
11-29-2014, 06:09 AM
Very well said Orange. I'm just a little too blunt in my ways to say it as well as you.

DragCro
11-29-2014, 06:12 AM
You needed to say nothing. That's the problem. Legalious already handled it (well I might add, though deleting the offending post would have been a perfect solution). There was no need for additional comment from you. Hence why the thread was LOCKED. Reopenimg it to add you personal commentary was an abuse of power, plain and simple.

Ok, off to the store now. It's looking like I'm going to have to buy a LOT of iTunes cards.
I never speak things that I dont know!
But you and others asume lots of things without knowing anything about that mater!
Your first claim that i opened a thread to post is wrong!
I didn't open anything, the thread was open for me when i posted,maybe because moderators can post on closed threads..
The second thing is why i posted there was because it was right to say something against insults based on sex orientation!
I didn't see you or any of you here to say that post was morally and offencive and wrong!
And why you didn't do that? Because that is your friend and you are sticking by his side.
Is that ok? I think it is not!
Friend or not friend if you are right friend you would say to a friend that is not ok to insult or use those words..
But you all didn't do that.So if you ask me my face is clean! I know i did right and every normal person will agree with me

DragCro
11-29-2014, 06:27 AM
I think you nailed it.

He didn't nail anything!

I played in past Mw and i was in VFF.
So it is not true that I don't know anything about this game!
I am not sensitive person and i am a really calm,i am not upset i learned long long before that because of forum or game it doesn't worth to get upset!
That you and others are failing to learn!

And again i need to add that we have right to speak as a forum members too and share our opinions.
When that rule changes i will be silent,but for know i have right to be a part of this community and share my opinion.

Adm.
11-29-2014, 06:35 AM
Actually, I did comment on how wrong that particular comment was.

I never said you didnt know the game. I said you weren't familiar with the community. Though now that you mention it, your current knowledge of the game is very lacking.

Sure you have the right to exercise that opinion. But as a moderator, exercising it is not necessarily the right thing to do. Knowing when and when not to is what being a good moderator is all about.

That and really hearing what people are saying.

DragCro
11-29-2014, 06:41 AM

Sure you have the right to exercise that opinion. But as a moderator, exercising it is not necessarily the right thing to do. Knowing when and when not to is what being a good moderator is all about.
Yes i agree.But in that thread i belive i did it right !
I will always respond to somebody that use things as that to insult!

bam bam.
11-29-2014, 06:42 AM
DRagCro, mate. Everytime you speak now, you speak as a moderator. You have to drop the personal side of it. As I said we need professionals. Not members with tags. Your days of being a member are no more, you are now a liaison or at least should be. We don't want opinions from moderators we want accurate info or action. I don't want people to flame you. You are a passionate gamer but your job should not exist as it is. It is a bad idea that isn't working out.

We don't need your commentary on right or wrong in society, we need mods who keep topics open and guide conversations to good places. If someone breaches ToS you bump it to guys who can do something about it. If you can remove the comment you do that if it is a CLEAR breach of the ever changing ToS. I agree with your commentary on most occasions but you now have a moderator tag, and It's not a mods job to make people better. Its a job to MoDeRaTe.

Agent Orange
11-29-2014, 06:45 AM
He didn't nail anything!

I played in past Mw and i was in VFF.
So it is not true that I don't know anything about this game!
I am not sensitive person and i am a really calm,i am not upset i learned long long before that because of forum or game it doesn't worth to get upset!
That you and others are failing to learn!

And again i need to add that we have right to speak as a forum members too and share our opinions.
When that rule changes i will be silent,but for know i have right to be a part of this community and share my opinion.

You most certainly have a right to speak your mind on topics, however you need to respect the rights of others to do so. That you can open and close threads at will and yet have an opinion is not really a transparent use of the powers you have been granted because that borders on censorship.

Now in terms of credentials, I have over 1700 more forum posts than you, have been on this forum since day 1 of the game, been a member of PUN, REG, and Devin's faction whose name escapes me... and have pretty much seen all the good and bad that this app can bring and that will be the one and only time I will make note of my cred because in many ways it's irrelevent.

I'm guessing that you are angling for respect, I get that, but respect is earned.

I think your heart is in the right place, you are as passionate about the game as everyone in here. But you also have to understand that because we are also so passionate about the game that it pains us deeply when we see the game going down the toilet to the point where many are angry, very angry.

In terms of providing useful information, I think that posting that things will get better or that they are being worked on just doesn't cut it any longer because it is becoming painfully obvious that things are not. Otherwise gree would actually be posting updates from their employees working on the problems.

Evil Mastermind
11-29-2014, 06:57 AM
DragCro... You are in a relatively no win situation. This forum hasn't been a nice place since the day I joined. You can't fix it and honestly you won't be able to moderate it. No one will ever be happy with this game and thus never be a "happy" community. The problem is GREE. Paint all the pretty pictures you want but the half-*** programming is why people stay upset.

Right now, a large number of players can't even access the game. A large number of players that can access it...consume 0.25-1.00gigs of data per day. ABSURD! Those are just the big issues. I'm not even go into the 100s of other glitches and security flaws in this mess of a pay to "win" app. If you want to gain some respect here then go to GREE and get answers for the problems and provide us with timelines for when it will be corrected.

Otherwise, just lock the threads when a violation of TOS occurs and move on. Right now whether you want to admit it or not, you're just fanning the fire. Get the players answers and resolutions to the real issues. If it's respect you desire, that will get it for you. Any other path you choose will be fruitless.

Lance Link
11-29-2014, 07:00 AM
I never speak things that I dont know!
But you and others asume lots of things without knowing anything about that mater!
Your first claim that i opened a thread to post is wrong!
I didn't open anything, the thread was open for me when i posted,maybe because moderators can post on closed threads..
The second thing is why i posted there was because it was right to say something against insults based on sex orientation!
I didn't see you or any of you here to say that post was morally and offencive and wrong!
And why you didn't do that? Because that is your friend and you are sticking by his side.
Is that ok? I think it is not!
Friend or not friend if you are right friend you would say to a friend that is not ok to insult or use those words..
But you all didn't do that.So if you ask me my face is clean! I know i did right and every normal person will agree with me

Me thinks thou does protest too much.

DragCro
11-29-2014, 07:01 AM
DRagCro, mate. Everytime you speak now, you speak as a moderator. You have to drop the personal side of it. As I said we need professionals. Not members with tags. Your days of being a member are no more, you are now a liaison or at least should be. We don't want opinions from moderators we want accurate info or action. I don't want people to flame you. You are a passionate gamer but your job should not exist as it is. It is a bad idea that isn't working out.

We don't need your commentary on right or wrong in society, we need mods who keep topics open and guide conversations to good places. If someone breaches ToS you bump it to guys who can do something about it. If you can remove the comment you do that if it is a CLEAR breach of the ever changing ToS. I agree with your commentary on most occasions but you now have a moderator tag, and It's not a mods job to make people better. Its a job to MoDeRaTe.
I belive in near future new admins that are Gree employees will be here,we are moderators or just a helpers to them so they can have time to adress to any problem you have with the game.So look at us as that,we are moderators that can help clean the forum and do little tasks and that way we give a real Gree Admins time to respond on your questions.If admins use their time and to delete,remove or keep the forum clean they won't have time and to adress to each problem with the game.
So belive me,we are here helping and you players and them!
Because we are players and forum members we are still posting and as that,sharing our individual opinion on things!
That is why we are green color and admins are orange so you know the difference

bam bam.
11-29-2014, 07:02 AM
I think the paid gree guys are holidaying.

You are right agent orange in that we don't need optimism (things are good or getting better), we need accurate up to date info backed with prompt action. Accuracy, promptness and open communication from the company are non existent. Sadly its a product that is so life ruiningly addictive that the money still flows (though I'm certain it's taken a massive hit this last month, bigger than ever) and therefore poor performance is still rewarded with significant income that allows pure incompetence to continue to reign.

DragCro
11-29-2014, 07:02 AM
Me thinks thou does protest too much.

Lol ,i just like to debate :D

bam bam.
11-29-2014, 07:07 AM
I belive in near future new admins that are Gree employees will be here,we are moderators or just a helpers to them so they can have time to adress to any problem you have with the game.So look at us as that,we are moderators that can help clean the forum and do little tasks and that way we give a real Gree Admins time to respond on your questions.If admins use their time and to delete,remove or keep the forum clean they won't have time and to adress to each problem with the game.
Because we are players and forum members we are still posting and as that,sharing our individual opinion on things!

Changing your colour is not a disclaimer. You still have the title moderator.

You are 'trying' to help yes, actually helping will be measured in how much better things get having you here as mods. This isn't aimed at you, it's aimed at the ridiculousness of the position they have created and appointed you to. So far, from what is going on...it's not helping and without proper backing and training your position will continue to suck. Moderators should be trained and paid professionals, not good hearted dudes

DragCro
11-29-2014, 07:14 AM
You most certainly have a right to speak your mind on topics, however you need to respect the rights of others to do so. That you can open and close threads at will and yet have an opinion is not really a transparent use of the powers you have been granted because that borders on censorship.

Now in terms of credentials, I have over 1700 more forum posts than you, have been on this forum since day 1 of the game, been a member of PUN, REG, and Devin's faction whose name escapes me... and have pretty much seen all the good and bad that this app can bring and that will be the one and only time I will make note of my cred because in many ways it's irrelevent.

I'm guessing that you are angling for respect, I get that, but respect is earned.

I think your heart is in the right place, you are as passionate about the game as everyone in here. But you also have to understand that because we are also so passionate about the game that it pains us deeply when we see the game going down the toilet to the point where many are angry, very angry.

In terms of providing useful information, I think that posting that things will get better or that they are being worked on just doesn't cut it any longer because it is becoming painfully obvious that things are not. Otherwise gree would actually be posting updates from their employees working on the problems.
Buddy i really respect you!
I know you are here from beginning and i understand all that you and others are saying!
I am not trying to earn respect,i earned my respect on Ka forum long time ago and in Cc forum they know me good.
I was a guild leader of top 10 in Ka and i was in past in Cc in Htc Blue that was top 10,i am one of the original members of Htc.
I still miss some of the friends that quited the game and left this forum.
But i am always glad to see a old timers as you here and as i said i will always respect you and others and you all have right to have your own opinion on things..
Don't mind me that im posting to much,i just like a good conversation and debate! That makes this forum great ;)

Adm.
11-29-2014, 07:15 AM

That is the best post you've made to date. That is exactly all you need to do. Don't try to make things better. Don't try to make everyone happy. Do the job, and things will fall in line themselves.

bam bam.
11-29-2014, 07:16 AM
^^^this forum is as far from great as it gets mate haha.

What makes a great forum is two way communication between provider and consumer. We have next to none of that here. Debate is not what we need, answers and quick resolutions to problems is what is needed.

DragCro
11-29-2014, 07:26 AM
^^^this forum is as far from great as it gets mate haha.

What makes a great forum is two way communication between provider and consumer. We have next to none of that here. Debate is not what we need, answers and quick resolutions to problems is what is needed.

As i said real answers you will get from developers or community managers(admins)
From us moderators you will get some help but we are limited.And our own opinions and conversations as this one now

Remember: the orange posting color is for community managers (Gree employees)
Green is for moderators (Independent contractors/forum members/players)

DEWIN NUTTIN
11-29-2014, 07:33 AM

I never said you didnt know the game. I said you weren't familiar with the community. Though now that you mention it, your current knowledge of the game is very lacking.

That and really hearing what people are saying.

Hey bro, I got those Google Play cards you asked about. LOL
Just give dude more rope. LMFAO Lots of rope.

DEWIN NUTTIN
11-29-2014, 07:36 AM
Lol ,i just like to debate :D

Sorry, what you call DEBATE, others see as ARGUING.
There is a big difference.

DragCro
11-29-2014, 07:41 AM
Sorry, what you call DEBATE, others see as ARGUING.
There is a big difference.
It is not arguing :),i argue differently ..

Mr Art0is
11-29-2014, 07:59 AM
This post i am posting as a forum member and not a moderator!
As a human i wont tolerate any discrimination!
I am liberal on my views on the world and wish the best for each human!
I can tolerate different views and respect each person and that i expect and from you all no mater on your belives!
We can't be the same and think the same but we can tolerate each other but things as insults or wishing somebody to be miserable or worst is just WRONG

You forgot the exclamation mark from your last sentence.

Did gree teach you to do that?

solowalker
11-29-2014, 08:07 AM
Spell check is a great program. It will catch a lot more than that one exclamation mark that was missed. I understand the typical troll has no care for spelling. But once you are placed in a role of "moderator," I would expect a little more professionalism. That goes for more than just spelling errors. Sometimes it is best to just let the conversation end.

KCjamss
11-29-2014, 08:10 AM
I think the idea of having players as mods was good but the execution not so much. I assume Gree, player/mods, and players all want this to work but all have different expectations.

I expected that using players as mods would help with communication and they would be used as a voice for players.

For the player/mods, I would like to hear your thoughts on what roll you think you should play, what roll you were told you were going to play, and so on.

DragCro
11-29-2014, 08:34 AM
Spell check is a great program. It will catch a lot more than that one exclamation mark that was missed. I understand the typical troll has no care for spelling. But once you are placed in a role of "moderator," I would expect a little more professionalism. That goes for more than just spelling errors. Sometimes it is best to just let the conversation end.
Buddy i am playing and posting here,i got a raid boss event live and i am giving my time here and not helping my team mates in the guild. Do you really think that i have time to check spell check or things as that?!
You and others undertood me and that maters,we won't go into details about spelling,marks or grammar mistakes

Danger Mouse
11-29-2014, 08:35 AM
Buddy i am playing and posting here,i got a raid boss event live and i am giving my time here and not helping my team mates in the guild. Do you really think that i have time to check spell check or things as that?!
You and others undertood me and that maters,we won't go into details

How is this in any way moderating the forum? I mean, really? Fail.

DragCro
11-29-2014, 08:43 AM
How is this in any way moderating the forum? I mean, really? Fail.

Currently i am not moderating.When i see something that i need to moderate i will do that!
Now i am chatting with you all here and answering questions.
And no it is not a FAIL !
As i said you all like to pick a bone for nothing,analyzing and searching details to say here is what you are doing wrong! Lol

Adm.
11-29-2014, 08:51 AM
While not directed to me, I will say what I expected from them was to keep the BS in line so the community managers didn't have to spend additional time dealing with the stupid stuff (Vietnamese spammers, or when one of us really do cross a line) instead of trying to actually improve our experience here. Nothing more than that. I don't want them speaking for Gree, nor do I want them speaking for myself. If they have a real answer to a problem or question, by all means help out. They are more than welcome to engage in daily conversation, however they must use extreme caution when voicing certain opinions because at the end of the day, they need to remain impartial.

Overall, I feel the whole concept is failing. It seems there Es little to no guidance given to the player mods. The community managers are failing more because Gree set them up to fail rather than any fault of their own. The development teams are failing, though we can only guess as to whether its bad programmers or bad management above them. And over time, we are seeing the company in general failing as both profits and stock prices continue to drop.

I Will Merc You
11-29-2014, 09:04 AM
Dear moderators;

Please stop yelling.

Thank you,

Concerned Forum member.

DragCro
11-29-2014, 09:13 AM
Dear moderators;

Please stop yelling.

Thank you,

Concerned Forum member.

Here here nobody is yelling,here is a hug for you.
Hope you are feeling better <3

DragCro
11-29-2014, 09:21 AM
While not directed to me, I will say what I expected from them was to keep the BS in line so the community managers didn't have to spend additional time dealing with the stupid stuff (Vietnamese spammers, or when one of us really do cross a line) instead of trying to actually improve our experience here. Nothing more than that. I don't want them speaking for Gree, nor do I want them speaking for myself. If they have a real answer to a problem or question, by all means help out. They are more than welcome to engage in daily conversation, however they must use extreme caution when voicing certain opinions because at the end of the day, they need to remain impartial.

Overall, I feel the whole concept is failing. It seems there Es little to no guidance given to the player mods. The community managers are failing more because Gree set them up to fail rather than any fault of their own. The development teams are failing, though we can only guess as to whether its bad programmers or bad management above them. And over time, we are seeing the company in general failing as both profits and stock prices continue to drop.
We have guidance don't worry about that!
Nothing is failing i ashore you, the problem is not on us,the problem is that some of you wish this to fail.I really don't have a clue why is that but as you said people are as that,wishing for fail on everything from the game to the forum etc etc...
Some people are as that what ever somebody does it is not good,but the failure is in each person that thinks that way!

Mikethegreat88
11-29-2014, 09:21 AM
I think you're over-doing it with the punctuation!!?!? It makes it seem like you're yelling??!!?

From the Code of Conduct:

Hard-to-Read-Posts
o Post with “CrAzy CaPS”, “ALL CAPS”, tiny or overly large fonts are prohibited. Please keep text font and colors easy for users and staff to read.
o Conducting conversations in foreign languages, outside of designated forums
o Excessive whitespace or punctuation
o Using misleading topics titles
o Non-standard/offensive characters and emoticons

solowalker
11-29-2014, 09:23 AM
DragCro, I understand that you may be trying to help. Though as I have read today, it seams many members of this forum are not appreciating how you have attempted to "moderate".

You should not open closed threads to throw your two cents in the ring.
You should not take a post that is discriminatory and re-post it with your two cents.

You should delete said discriminatory posts and report to the real moderators for them to take proper action if needed.

Right now you are on the defensive. I understand that. I would get defensive too, with all these people directing comments to you. Though you should get off the high and almighty horse you are on, realize that a mistake was made and apologize for the unjust use of power. Than make attempts to not do the same mistakes again.

You won a contest to become moderator. We all should remember that. And thus take anything DragCro or the other winners say with a giant grain of salt.

I Will Merc You
11-29-2014, 09:24 AM
'Wishing to fail' ............or................ 'watching it fail'

Tomatoe / to mah doe

Thank you for the hug.

DragCro
11-29-2014, 09:28 AM
I think you're over-doing it with the punctuation!!?!? It makes it seem like you're yelling??!!?

Hard-to-Read-Posts
o Post with “CrAzy CaPS”, “ALL CAPS”, tiny or overly large fonts are prohibited. Please keep text font and colors easy for users and staff to read.

You understood it wrongly,but it is ok it happens.
If you understood it that way I apologize

DragCro
11-29-2014, 09:39 AM
DragCro, I understand that you may be trying to help. Though as I have read today, it seams many members of this forum are not appreciating how you have attempted to "moderate".

You should not open closed threads to throw your two cents in the ring.
You should not take a post that is discriminatory and re-post it with your two cents.

You should delete said discriminatory posts and report to the real moderators for them to take proper action if needed.

Right now you are on the defensive. I understand that. I would get defensive too, with all these people directing comments to you. Though you should get off the high and almighty horse you are on, realize that a mistake was made and apologize for the unjust use of power. Than make attempts to not do the same mistakes again.

You won a contest to become moderator. We all should remember that. And thus take anything DragCro or the other winners say with a giant grain of salt.

As i said you and some of you got my posting wrongly,i am posting now because i am currently the only one online and no it is not defensive because i don't need to do that.I didn't do anything wrong to feel that way.
And it is not true that people doesn't respect what we are doing i got a lot of good feedback on our work!
We removed lots of spams,socialize,help and do other things.
All player moderators are doing a great job,if i am posting that means that i am mostly here online and that is not a bad thing because i like this forum and i always liked it.
As i said we are not in contest for mister sympathy or most loved person.
We all know that is impossible in real life to achieve that and this is not a fairy tale to think that everybody can like everybody,but we can tolerate each other and respect different opinions.

Adm.
11-29-2014, 09:44 AM
We have guidance don't worry about that!
Nothing is failing i ashore you, the problem is not on us,the problem is that some of you wish this to fail.I really don't have a clue why is that but as you said people are as that,wishing for fail on everything from the game to the forum etc etc...
Some people are as that what ever somebody does it is not good,but the failure is in each person that thinks that way!

You are hopless. You are by far the worst mod ive seen on any forum anywhere. Suggesting that the forum members are to blame for all of these issues is absurd, and just further shows you know nothing of what has been happening around here.

As an aside, at no point did I ever say that anyone wished things would fail. You really need to stop putting your words into other peoples mouths. I'm generally not one to comment on the English of non native speakers, but for someone that is supposed to be moderating an English only forum, having you do it is just one more sign of the failure Gree is becoming.

DragCro
11-29-2014, 09:53 AM
You are hopless. You are by far the worst mod ive seen on any forum anywhere. Suggesting that the forum members are to blame for all of these issues is absurd, and just further shows you know nothing of what has been happening around here.

As an aside, at no point did I ever say that anyone wished things would fail. You really need to stop putting your words into other peoples mouths. I'm generally not one to comment on the English of non native speakers, but for someone that is supposed to be moderating an English only forum, having you do it is just one more sign of the failure Gree is becoming.
I am a member of the other forums and i saw that moderators share their opinion, so i am not doing anything differently than that!
You are the person that opened a second account to post here and you are telling me how i should post or not?
After you didn't follow the rules of this forum and you are teaching me?

Adm.
11-29-2014, 09:56 AM
You must have me mistaken for someone else.

However, when you use my words incorrectly, yes I will take exception to that

DragCro
11-29-2014, 10:05 AM
You must have me mistaken for someone else.

However, when you use my words incorrectly, yes I will take exception to that
No I didn't mistake you for somebody else,because you and others here know that i am right!
Remember that i am here long time and i know more than you think!

I think i answered what i needed to answer,have a nice evening you all and enjoy the forum!
And remember that i wish you all the best,and to you Adm no mater what did you say earlier..
Take care!

Paisthecoolest
11-29-2014, 10:09 AM
It is time for this thread to be closed. This is not constructive.

I Will Merc You
11-29-2014, 10:15 AM
Would it be too much to request that Modern War forum moderators NOT share their opinions. This community has enough opinions.

Please, share your opinions in the 'other' forums that you frequent most.

If you wish to 'moderate' in this forum, we are simply asking that you keep your opinions silent, and simply moderate.

If nothing to moderate.....then nothing to post.

DragCro
11-29-2014, 10:26 AM
Would it be too much to request that Modern War forum moderators NOT share their opinions. This community has enough opinions.

Please, share your opinions in the 'other' forums that you frequent most.

If you wish to 'moderate' in this forum, we are simply asking that you keep your opinions silent, and simply moderate.

If nothing to moderate.....then nothing to post.
My proposition was to have from each forum one player to moderate that way that player know more about the issues in the game when they happen.So it would be ok that some of you send a aplication for new moderators!
And you are right in one thing is that i can't know about game issues to share my opinion on those threads so that is why i am not doing that.

And i think it is time to close this thread,hope you all now know more about moderators and that we are not a Gree employees.
Take care and thanks for your inputs

legalious
11-29-2014, 10:40 AM
Forum moderators are still players as well. We have a set of guidelines that we follow and discuss any issue we encounter on the forums. Decisions are open to discussion on how to handle them in the future. Please understand we are observing the entire forums as that is part of our duties.

FYI, not all moderators know English as a first language. Gree games expand beyond just 1 language. Interpretations vary.

Reversal
11-29-2014, 10:59 AM

Hard-to-Read-Posts

If you are pointing the finger at someone please do not do the same thing yourself. ;)
Now to jump onto the bandwagon of this conversation I've been reading the entirity of this thread and there have been some very constructive posts and some unnecessary.

To make a statement regarding a few things being said.
I definitely agree to the fact that players who have become a Moderator are looked at differently solely for the "Moderator" tag alone, that being said there is nothing wrong with have an opinion and pointing it out.

Moderating into a community with no underlying knowledge of the community itself can proof somewhat difficult and that is why I personally only Moderate into the Modern War forum when I see something that is in direct violation of the Code of Conduct, however this thread is a different story as it isn't about Modern War.

You can make a long story short but there is a reason as already mentioned before why DragCro has been selected to become a Moderator, for those who disagree on any of the Moderators being chosen, you're always free to contact Clementine (http://forums.gree.net/member.php?258229-Clementine) about this privately and state your story with her instead. The role of a Moderator on the forum is to simply moderate the forum, meaning that we are here to help players with their issues in the best of our ability whilst maintaining order in the forum with the Code of Conduct as our guideline.

I'd like to inform you that those who've made a personal attack in this thread will receive a infraction soon in result of this thread and what you've posted.

That being said, everything is open for discussion even our Moderatorship, you're free to doubt us if that makes you happy.
Do you find the forum a miserable place and you wish for that to improve take the first step into making it a better place yourself instead of pointing the fingers at others or GREE for that matter. A company cannot function without it's pillars, in this case the forum cannot function without it's community which is us.

I personally wish to thank bam bam., Agent Orange and Adm. especially for the posts you've made.
Eventhough not all posts are positive, it'll always remain feedback.

Case Closed.

Clementine
12-01-2014, 02:44 PM
Hi Folks!

My apologies that I missed this thread over the weekend, I would have liked to respond a lot sooner. I have actually been super sick (didn't even get to enjoy any turkey on Thanksgiving), but thats no excuse. While I know this thread is now closed and locked, I would like to say a couple things about why this program was created, and the selection/implementation of Moderators. Beware wall of text!

The Moderator Program was created with the purpose of helping to keep the forums a safe and fun place to be. With so many different games to handle and such a small team (now just me until we hire some additional folks here at GREE, which we are actively doing) we saw that many things, such as inflammatory and inappropriate language and posts, were slipping through the cracks. Additionally we saw many player questions being missed, and players becoming increasingly upset over a lack of response and information. The Moderators were brought on to address both of these issues.

We were aware that there might be some issues by asking people to Moderate for games they are not familiar with or do not play. In this instance all we expect from the Moderators is that they escalate threads to us, the Community Management team, when an issue needs our attention. We also expect them to help to keep the threads on topic, as well as moderate and eliminate any posts/language that is against the ToS and Code of Conduct. Some of our Moderators do like to contribute to help improve sentiment, but that is their own choice, not an expectation from us here at GREE. Remember, our Moderators are Players too, and though it may be hard to keep this in mind when their font is a different color, they are welcome, and encouraged, to share their opinions and thoughts. We are planning to bring on additional Moderators in the next week and all of the new Moderators are players of other games not yet represented in the Moderator team.

In regards to helping to answer player questions and overall communications, we know this is an area that we are still lacking in, and we do need serious improvement here. We have been working with our internal teams on finding new ways to communicate with and update the Community on a far more regular and frequent basis. For Modern War this means we will start having weekly updates from the Development Team (look for our first one coming soon), as well as more advance notice of upcoming features, and regular Ask Me Anythings. We hope that we will be able to do this for our other games as well. Additionally, moving forward the Community and Support teams will be meeting with all of the game teams on a much more frequent basis so that we can stay up to date on everything, as well as more efficiently communicate player concerns and issues. Great communication with the Community starts with great communication with our internal teams.

Finally, on the note of selecting Moderators, please keep a few things in mind. First, they are not paid by GREE, they do this because they are passionate about the Community, the games, and want to help make a better place for everyone. Second, while they do have a direct line to the Community Team, they do not have a direct line to the Development Teams. They are here to escalate issues, which we, official GREE employees, can then work on resolving with our the Development Team(s). Finally, please remember that English as a first language is not a requirement to participate in the Community, nor is it a requirement of our Moderators, though we do expect a good level of understanding of the language. Our games, and our players, are from all over the world. Please do not attack others, including the Moderators, simply because they may not understand all the subtle nuances of the language.

All that being said, if you have any concerns about our Moderators, or about anything else, please feel free to PM me directly. Do NOT attack or harass the Moderators, or anyone else for that matter, here in the forums. I know many are frustrated by the lack of communication, understandably so, but please try and keep it civil and constructive. We need everyone's help in turning things around and making this a better place to be.

Thank you.