PDA

View Full Version : Well....that didn't take long....

VSH
11-28-2014, 03:59 PM
So, WD has barely started, couple wars in.....and bang....ridiculous match up !

The last few wars I thought the system seemed quite fair. We were fighting teams above and below us, but generally pretty even affairs.

Second fight this war and we draw a team ranked 350 to our measly 1100. Only one of our guys could even beat maybe 1 or 2 of their members.

I don't mind losing. Heck, I don't mind getting trounced...it happens. But at least give us a fair shake. You can't tell me that there wasn't another team somewhere in the 600 places between us that we could have drawn instead ?

I hope this isn't a sign for the rest of this weekend, or our deposits to the GREE coffers will be a lot lighter than usual. Here's hoping, lol.

cfaucett1977
11-28-2014, 07:17 PM
Our last battle was pretty much a blowout we were all wondering why they were not fighting at the end of the battle we figured out why we were ranked 143 and they were ranked 4000+ we scored a lot of points but at the end I felt bad for them it was unfair

doeboy
11-28-2014, 08:06 PM
We did OK for the first few wars now were getting killed how can a top 1000 be in the same division as sup GREE is pushing all of us to quit

Danger Mouse
11-28-2014, 10:06 PM
Ok, which would you prefer?? Ridiculous match ups or waiting an hour to get matched up correctly?? Because I see roughly an equal amount of griping about both.

Adm.
11-29-2014, 12:51 AM
Did anyone actually think Gree was going to get Divisions right? They could have easily added divisions as a way to add additional prize tiers without actually touching the matchup algorithm, but I guess that would have been a little too easy or smart.

Overall though, I only partially blame Gree. We keep getting all these same people that say "ooh add this, and oh add that!". But how many more of us know and comment on how it's just going to break what's already there. Somehow the majority of us know that either the game or gree can't handle it, yet I guess our friends at Gree just can't understand that they do't have what it takes. Whether its a robust enough game engine or talent to do it right I don't know. But thats ok, a whole new mess of problems is right around the corner, even though they haven't even figure out how to fix the current mess.

Candyflosser
11-29-2014, 05:48 AM
Did anyone actually think Gree was going to get Divisions right? They could have easily added divisions as a way to add additional prize tiers without actually touching the matchup algorithm, but I guess that would have been a little too easy or smart.

Overall though, I only partially blame Gree. We keep getting all these same people that say "ooh add this, and oh add that!". But how many more of us know and comment on how it's just going to break what's already there. Somehow the majority of us know that either the game or gree can't handle it, yet I guess our friends at Gree just can't understand that they do't have what it takes. Whether its a robust enough game engine or talent to do it right I don't know. But thats ok, a whole new mess of problems is right around the corner, even though they haven't even figure out how to fix the current mess.

A matching algorithm that works correctly requires " data scientist" to scrub the data & determine the best way to use math & statistics
to ensure a close to fair matchup. There is going to be several problems - 1) Gold usage - teams that are at parity strength can still be a
complete one sided slaughter as one team can be a gold using team and the opposing team can be a totally gold free team. 2) There is
the wait time involved as say you are a team ranked 1500 - not because you are sandbagging for streaks - at that low of a rank the teams
are a scattershot of extreme casual players to just new players (that means some teams might run strategies such as only if 10 players
are present declare or have a fixed schedule they are declaring to get the most usage out of their wall and the concrete and in game
cash spent to build said wall). - a mechanism such as granting a handicap if both teams agree to complete the matchup could be used to
even strength parity discrepancy but gold usage still makes it a one sided slaughter.

Vercingetorix
11-29-2014, 09:54 PM
Holy cow, we are presently at war with a one man faction. His defense is 600. Not 600 million. 600! Well, in all fairness, I doubt there is another faction whose stats are that low.

Adm.
11-30-2014, 03:04 AM
A matching algorithm that works correctly requires " data scientist" to scrub the data & determine the best way to use math & statistics
to ensure a close to fair matchup. There is going to be several problems - 1) Gold usage - teams that are at parity strength can still be a
complete one sided slaughter as one team can be a gold using team and the opposing team can be a totally gold free team. 2) There is
the wait time involved as say you are a team ranked 1500 - not because you are sandbagging for streaks - at that low of a rank the teams
are a scattershot of extreme casual players to just new players (that means some teams might run strategies such as only if 10 players
are present declare or have a fixed schedule they are declaring to get the most usage out of their wall and the concrete and in game
cash spent to build said wall). - a mechanism such as granting a handicap if both teams agree to complete the matchup could be used to
even strength parity discrepancy but gold usage still makes it a one sided slaughter.

No, it will never be perfect. But how many times have we seen cycles where matchups were really good, and then some where they were really bad?

Slaughters due to high gold usage happen, and I don't really think many can complain about it as it can go both ways there. If both current placement and stats are being used, even a team that's sandbagging should never be able to draw a team that's ranked insanely lower than they are.

One thing I do not know that maybe someone can answer, is whether or not teams are being matched outside their division. If they aren't, then Gree screwed up because you have severely limited your match up potentials. If they are, it's better than even things are skewed as I don't have the confidence that Gree could come up with an algorithm that can fairly match teams both within and without each division.

Drakhoan
11-30-2014, 03:05 AM
I think it is working great! Win some lose some.