PDA

View Full Version : BLNT

sAu
11-27-2014, 08:52 AM
Got 14 blnt back to back on cash hits which says fair chance.dont understand wtf is fair?:confused:

Nighteg
11-27-2014, 09:29 AM
Fair =~3%

kimberleyj
11-27-2014, 11:13 AM
it says med chance on my device (in my country med is 50%) which is false if you try and open 14 boxes and fail to open 14 times in a row then that is not a 50 % chance, they need to change that as it is false advertisement.

they should also warn people by pop up that using gold doesn't mean you get the final weapon (not every new player uses these forums) and they should make it clear about what the chances are on getting those weapons (example " 1% chance of gettting final weapon) . If people know all this before spending they would know what they are getting into before spending their gold on a box event, meaning less tickets sent.

Beamer 420
11-27-2014, 06:58 PM
it says med chance on my device (in my country med is 50%) which is false if you try and open 14 boxes and fail to open 14 times in a row then that is not a 50 % chance, they need to change that as it is false advertisement.

they should also warn people by pop up that using gold doesn't mean you get the final weapon (not every new player uses these forums) and they should make it clear about what the chances are on getting those weapons (example " 1% chance of gettting final weapon) . If people know all this before spending they would know what they are getting into before spending their gold on a box event, meaning less tickets sent.
......and yet people keep spending.......::::DISCLOSURE:::: anything purchased in this game is not REAL!!!!

TZora
11-27-2014, 07:55 PM
no need of creating a new BLNT thread, u cud necro my old blnt contest thread :p

Weasel
11-27-2014, 08:29 PM
no need of creating a new BLNT thread, u cud necro my old blnt contest thread :p

So you're saying this thread is a duplicate thread that should be locked? Because I'm sure if OP necro'd your old thread it would be locked as necro. You can't win here!

<3 Hz
11-27-2014, 08:46 PM
I think I could win a Powerball or Mega Millions jackpot before I'd win a crime city open 10 event.

sister morphine
11-27-2014, 11:25 PM

Gree maths! :) The odds decline with each passing day and also with each successful opening. Lol, it's been months since I even bothered to look at box events let alone play them.

therealbengie
11-28-2014, 03:53 AM

how many boxes did you open and how many had a prize of some sort in it? 14 BLNT in a row doesn't mean its a fix at all. 50% odds doesn't mean one for you, one for me, its an average chance over all participants not individually, personally I used 75 tapjoy gold in total as well as cash opens and finished the collect 8 section, got to 9 pie's and had a fair few repeat prizes from the collect 8.

these events are a lottery, if a lottery was a 1/14million chance of wining the grand prize buying 14 million tickets doesn't guarantee you winning the grand prize.

kimberleyj
11-30-2014, 09:18 PM
i was using it as an example . it doesn't state anywhere that the 50 % chance is not based on indivdual at all. i never said it was a fix i said it was false advertisment because the open rate is not correct for med chance.
My point is newbies that first play this game look at the box event (100 per cent chance) they are gonna think that means using gold will get you the final item ( i know someone that never used gold on a collect 10 before and he never knew how much gold this event could cost him and still not get the weapon, he stopped using gold on the box event when i told him) .
If i was a newbie and brought gold for the first time and didn't get the collect 10 final weapon after thinking i would get it by reading the 100% chance , i wouldn't have brought gold again. If they made it clear the chances of getting the final weapons and using gold might not get you the final weapon (if people still wanted to risk spending gold knowing the is a small chance of getting it then it is their problem and can't really complain)

It is not a hard thing for gree to add a pop up with this info.

Weasel
11-30-2014, 09:37 PM
i was using it as an example . it doesn't state anywhere that the 50 % chance is not based on indivdual at all. i never said it was a fix i said it was false advertisment because the open rate is not correct for med chance.
My point is newbies that first play this game look at the box event (100 per cent chance) they are gonna think that means using gold will get you the final item ( i know someone that never used gold on a collect 10 before and he never knew how much gold this event could cost him and still not get the weapon, he stopped using gold on the box event when i told him) .
If i was a newbie and brought gold for the first time and didn't get the collect 10 final weapon after thinking i would get it by reading the 100% chance , i wouldn't have brought gold again. If they made it clear the chances of getting the final weapons and using gold might not get you the final weapon (if people still wanted to risk spending gold knowing the is a small chance of getting it then it is their problem and can't really complain)

It is not a hard thing for gree to add a pop up with this info.

I just copy/pasted this from the information provided in game:

Menu > More > Help > FAQs > Crime City FAQs

Lockbox & Leaderboard Events

How do event lockboxes work?

You can collect event boxes from completing jobs or by attacking other players. These boxes have a chance to open, containing an assortment of rewards. There are three ways you can open this type of box: no cost (low chance to open), using cash (average chance to open), or using gold (guarantees opening). You can attempt to open an event box once an hour, though you can make another attempt for 15 gold.

How do the lockbox odds work?

Once an event box is opened, one of several things will be awarded: money, valor, an extra ally, an unit, or the event token. Regardless of how the box is opened, the reward is randomly chosen; opening a box does not guarantee that the token will be awarded. Each token gained will reduce the chance of getting the next, although this chance never becomes zero or below zero.

Where can I find lockboxes?

Lockboxes will drop as rewards for completing ordinary jobs. They can also be stolen from other players during PVP.

How are lockbox events different from leaderboard events?

Lockbox events require you collect 10 of the required token. Leaderboard events do not have a required amount. You just want to collect as many as you can to beat other players to the top of the board.

Edit: The same information can be found online here: https://games.gree-support.net/hc/en-us/articles/203407624-Crime-City-FAQs