PDA

View Full Version : R.I.P Modern War

King Fox
11-27-2014, 02:30 AM
There was a time when we use to all enjoy logging into MW and having a great time but not any longer.

One can see so many empty bases devoid of any structures except for the Command Centre during our numerous daily raids. Our faction, which had been around for more than 3 years and always in the Top 150 to 200, has seen a large influx of people abandoning this once great game because of what Gree has and is still doing to this game - running it into the ground in the pursuit of might Yen dollar. Our players are leaving, after spending a lot of money, because of the incredible bugs created but the programming genies at Gree. With all the changes they have made to this game it has become so clunky and totally unplayable. Just this week we lost another two strong players because they have had enough of the constant crashes, game lockups and increasing demands to spend incredible amounts of Gold to get any real results.

Just look at the amount of anger and frustration in this forum and you will, but Gree won't, see how disillusioned everyone has become. We send tickets after tickets to Support and they go unanswered which go to show you how overwhelmed they have become with all the complaints. The masses are angry yet it all falls on deaf ears. The only way to get some response is to stop spending any more money collectively till they fix this impotent game! I know this will not happened when you get the like of the Pirates United or SUPS chasing their glorious names on the leader board every WD event. They too will wake up one day with a real bad hangover over the massive amount of money they frivoled away for their 15 minutes of fame in the emptiness of cyberspace.

I just can't see this game lasting too much longer with the rate of players dropping out and people spending less and less money. The bean counter will make a decision to pull the plug as this becomes less profitable.

So it's time for me to shut down and delete all my accounts and play more enjoyable games out there by designers who really know how to deliver the good for its customers.

Asta la vista baby!

robmurphy
11-27-2014, 02:44 AM
I'll tell you why posts like this make me so angry that I want to kick my dog.....

What makes me angry is why posters like this constantly have a go at SUP and other Top 10 factions (yes, I'm in a top 10 faction) for spending money on this HOBBY and telling us we will ""will wake up one day with a real bad hangover over the massive amount of money they frivoled away for their 15 minutes of fame in the emptiness of cyberspace.""

Shut up......SHUT UP..................

I spend money playing golf, is that a waste of MY money? I drink Irish Whiskey, is that a waste of MY money? I drive an expensive car, is that a waste of MY money?

Probably YES to all those. But what the hell does it have to do with you? This is a HOBBY, and like many HOBBIES there is no tactile reward. I spend money on golf, whiskey, cars and MW because I can and I enjoy it.

Yes everyone is frustrated at the amount of bugs and glitches, but there are so many threads about that we don't need another one.

Quit if you want, stay if you want, YOUR CHOICE, but stop your self-righteous pontificating about how we spend OUR money.

Just quit gracefully and quietly.

Now where is my bloody dog.......................

Cuombajj
11-27-2014, 03:22 AM
I never understood the purpose of goodbye threads on public forums...

t12pm
11-27-2014, 03:28 AM
Good post robmurphy I just came here about a month ago I enjoy the game yet, almost every hobby cost money I spend a lot on my hobbies almost noreward from any, but my point is crime city forum gets the same post always pointing fingers at the top teams, point is if it wasn't for people spending the game wouldn't be here I was too ten there for almost 2 years recently went free is there any hangover as you say no none at all just got burned out on same events. The update there just locked a lot of devices out, so the problem stand as the companies, not the spenders and your idea of not spending don't help it will turn and screwyou as it did with their try over there now there is sometimes with no gold sales very short sales other times

Atego
11-27-2014, 03:40 AM
@ robmurphy,

Well said, but plz, dont kick your dog :)

Dave Gould
11-27-2014, 03:44 AM
YEah give the dog a break!!! People will always bash those at the top, it's just an easy target to vent at. Stupid but that's people. I'm not even top 50 but if people want to spend money on the game they should. We don't live in a nanny state!

PS Can I join your top ten faction..... ;) JOke.

HellRaizer
11-27-2014, 04:21 AM
I like the game.. Yes there are a number of bugs that the Devs are working on, and thankfully aren't rushing out a poor quick fix.. In the past I have enjoyed being in the top 10.. I spent a lot, but due to personal life.. Ie buying a second house, I couldn't justify money on this hobby, but people should spend their money how they choose.. Without them spending money Gree wouldn't continue with the game, as after all they are a business..

Adm.
11-27-2014, 04:54 AM
Your points aren't relevant though Rob. No one is saying you can't spend your money how you like on what you like. But they keep coming back to you guys in the top 10 because you've said it yourself: as long as you guys keep spending, nothing will change. All anybody has done is ask, hey can you give us a little hand and not spend for a while so Gree will wake the hell up? The sad part is, the help wouldn't cost anyone a god damned thing. Says a lot about character. If you've feel you've been made a target, well try going back and reading your posts for the reason why, and then quit crying about it. Because you sound no different from those crying about leaving or asking for help.

King Fox
11-27-2014, 05:20 AM
Your points aren't relevant though Rob. No one is saying you can't spend your money how you like on what you like. But they keep cimg back to you guys in the top 10 because you've said it yourself: as long as you guys keep spending, nothing will change. All anybody has done is ask, hey can you give us a little hand and not spend for a while so Gree will wake the hell up? The sad part is, the help wouldn't cost anyone a god damned thing. Says a lot about character. If you've feel you've been made a target, well try going back and reading your posts for the reason why, and then quit crying about it. Because you sound no different from those crying about leaving or asking for help.

Thank you for understanding my message because it was not a direct attack on the high spenders but to point out that this game is down on its knees and the continue high spending will not bring Gree to realise that if they want the game to last they need to make serious changes.

King Fox
11-27-2014, 06:12 AM
I'll tell you why posts like this make me so angry that I want to kick my dog.....

What makes me angry is why posters like this constantly have a go at SUP and other Top 10 factions (yes, I'm in a top 10 faction) for spending money on this HOBBY and telling us we will ""will wake up one day with a real bad hangover over the massive amount of money they frivoled away for their 15 minutes of fame in the emptiness of cyberspace.""

I spend money playing golf, is that a waste of MY money? I drink Irish Whiskey, is that a waste of MY money? I drive an expensive car, is that a waste of MY money?

Probably YES to all those. But what the hell does it have to do with you? This is a HOBBY, and like many HOBBIES there is no tactile reward. I spend money on golf, whiskey, cars and MW because I can and I enjoy it.

Yes everyone is frustrated at the amount of bugs and glitches, but there are so many threads about that we don't need another one.

Quit if you want, stay if you want, YOUR CHOICE, but stop your self-righteous pontificating about how we spend OUR money.

Irish whisky, golf and cars. If you would have bought a bottle of whisky but it tasted like Pepsi. You would be mad. If you went to play golf but had to play baseball. Or, bought a sports car but drove like a semi truck. You would be upset. You completely missunderstood my post.

SUPpose So
11-27-2014, 07:20 AM

Irish Whiskey you say.....now there's a grand tipple bee jeshas ... to be sure to be sure.... man after my own heart

robmurphy
11-27-2014, 07:51 AM
Your points aren't relevant though Rob. No one is saying you can't spend your money how you like on what you like. But they keep coming back to you guys in the top 10 because you've said it yourself: as long as you guys keep spending, nothing will change. All anybody has done is ask, hey can you give us a little hand and not spend for a while so Gree will wake the hell up? The sad part is, the help wouldn't cost anyone a god damned thing. Says a lot about character. If you've feel you've been made a target, well try going back and reading your posts for the reason why, and then quit crying about it. Because you sound no different from those crying about leaving or asking for help.

Utter nonsense. I took the time to write the reply because the original post clearly insulted those of us who spend, the words used were "wake up" and "frivoled away". That's insulting. I wake up every day and look forward to playing (and spending) on MW.

King Fox was simply having a rant about his feelings towards the game. Fine. I'm making my feelings towards people who feel they need to tell us they're quitting. Just quit.

But mostly, as I have clearly explained, I do not take kindly to people casting aspersions on those us who make the decision to spend money. King Fox can chose to tell the world he's leaving, but he should keep the personal comments to himself.

robmurphy
11-27-2014, 08:01 AM
Irish whisky, golf and cars. If you would have bought a bottle of whisky but it tasted like Pepsi. You would be mad. If you went to play golf but had to play baseball. Or, bought a sports car but drove like a semi truck. You would be upset. You completely missunderstood my post.

What a ridiculous post. Of course I would be mad if my Whiskey tasted like Pepsi - I'd make my feelings known to the seller and I wouldn't buy that brand of whiskey again.

If my car drove like a tank, I'd complain to the dealership and not buy that car again.

But in neither case would I feel the need to tell the world I'm not buying those brands any more. I certainly wouldn't be rude enough to tell those who continued to buy that whiskey or drive that type of car that they will "wake up" or that they have "frivoled away" their hard earned money. I could never be so rude.

And to clarify the point (if further clarification is needed), I have no problems logging into MW. The three or four times I have ever sent a ticket in (for minor glitches), I have been responded to promptly and professionally. So in my opinion I do not need to "wake up" nor do I believe I've "frivoled away" my money.

Please continue to tell the world your woes, just don't expect most of us to care and don't expect us to agree to a plan to boycott our spending because we don't want to stop.

But most of all, and for clarity sake I'll write in caps.............KEEP YOUR OPINIONS OF OTHER PEOPLES CHOICES AND DECISIONS TO YOURSELF.

Adm.
11-27-2014, 08:07 AM
Advice you should follow if you expect others to.

DEWIN NUTTIN
11-27-2014, 08:09 AM
Why attack other players? We all make choices. So what? Spend money, don't spend money.
Gree treats BOTH camps the same, they ignore you, heap ridiculous tapping tasks on you, and some of both camps are locked out of the game.

The enemy here doesn't play the game. The enemy has created the game. The enemy wants one thing, money.

Why can't we all get along?

robmurphy
11-27-2014, 08:21 AM
Advice you should follow if you expect others to.

I sometimes feel I must be writing in hieroglyphics. I am not criticising HIS decision to quit (although I did remark I don't understand why he needs to tell us). I have a problem with his criticism of OTHER PEOPLES decisions. It's simply rude, but perhaps I'm old fashioned and think respect is important.

I will bite back at anyone who tells me I'm wrong to spend my money. And I will bit back at anyone who is rude to me or those who chose to do as I do.

robmurphy
11-27-2014, 08:23 AM
Why can't we all get along?

DN, I can get along with anyone who is polite. Well thought out opinions are wonderful (even if I don't agree with them). Defamation is not.

losthuskies
11-27-2014, 08:26 AM
I encourage people to spend money on this game so I don't have to thanks. Accept that gree has the one of the worse customer supports out there and let the big dogs spend more on them who cares, what they spend or how much its their money let them and the more they spend the longer this game goes on for us money free folk and yes I want to thank you all who spend the money to keep this game going so I don't. I will just keep getting free gold

Business Time 7
11-27-2014, 08:47 AM
I do wish Gree would make a few changes to improve the game. Instead of adding so many overlapping events, I wish they would just work to reduce the number of bugs in the game. I miss the days of having only one event at a time to focus on as well.

DEWIN NUTTIN
11-27-2014, 08:51 AM
DN, I can get along with anyone who is polite. Well thought out opinions are wonderful (even if I don't agree with them). Defamation is not.

No worries, mate, spend as much or as little as you wish.
I don't concern myself with what others choose to do.
Even if everyone stopped spending, nothing would change.
Gree has but one philosophy, FULL SPEED AHEAD.
Me, I DEW NUTTIN, so I'm of no concern, consequence, moment, import, or issue to anyone.
Spend on, playa, spend on!!!
Its your party, and it's your money.

Ajk
11-27-2014, 09:31 AM

Last I saw this was a public forum where all are allowed to express their opinions. Just because you took it personal doesn't make you right, or wrong. His opinion either. Personally, if someone wants to express how they feel the game is headed or why it's headed that way they have a right to. As do you. I actually thought yours sounded more like a spoiled kids temper tantrum. Again, my opinion, which I have a right to express wether you like it or not.

Vercingetorix
11-27-2014, 09:36 AM
I've gone back and read through these posts. I did not take the OP's comments as being rude. I did take the post saying "SHUT Up" as being rude. I took the comments of how wealthy someone claims to be as being rude and immature.

I personally don't care if people spend their money on this game or on fast cars and fast women ( if that makes them happy so be it) but I do get put off when they brag about how great they are and what goodies they have ( or claim to have ).

I took the OP's comments as words of caution. Nothing will change if you continue to spend as if everything was working perfectly (this is the way that I interpreted the OP). Personally, I disagree with this theory because if the game continues to as is, many people who are spending to keep this game going will no longer be able to play the game. I do feel that many people who spend money are leaving the game either voluntarily or involuntarily. If this continues then the game is over.

And, Happy Thanksgiving to all.

robmurphy
11-27-2014, 09:43 AM
Last I saw this was a public forum where all are allowed to express their opinions. Just because you took it personal doesn't make you right, or wrong. His opinion either. Personally, if someone wants to express how they feel the game is headed or why it's headed that way they have a right to. As do you. I actually thought yours sounded more like a spoiled kids temper tantrum. Again, my opinion, which I have a right to express wether you like it or not.

And once again, I reiterate that I value peoples opinions. I respect and agree with
your opinion that this is a public forum. However, this forum is not to insult people.

If I feel insulted, I'll respond. If you feel the original poster did not insult players like me, great, that's your opinion.

I will politely answer and politely engage in debate when posts are not rude (or what I perceive to be rude).

I will chose not to respond to your "spoilt kid" comment as it made me laugh.

Manners are free. It is (in my opinion) unfortunate that they seem to be used less and less in today's society.

robmurphy
11-27-2014, 09:48 AM
I've gone back and read through these posts. I did not take the OP's comments as being rude. I did take the post saying "SHUT Up" as being rude. I took the comments of how wealthy someone claims to be as being rude and immature.

I personally don't care if people spend their money on this game or on fast cars and fast women ( if that makes them happy so be it) but I do get put off when they brag about how great they are and what goodies they have ( or claim to have ).

I took the OP's comments as words of caution. Nothing will change if you continue to spend as if everything was working perfectly (this is the way that I interpreted the OP). Personally, I disagree with this theory because if the game continues to as is, many people who are spending to keep this game going will no longer be able to play the game. I do feel that many people who spend money are leaving the game either voluntarily or involuntarily. If this continues then the game is over.

And, Happy Thanksgiving to all.

Well written rebuke.

What is disappointing is I am clearly not as witty in text as I am in my head. Shut up in capital letters and references to k

robmurphy
11-27-2014, 09:51 AM
Oops

Well written rebuke.

What is disappointing is I am clearly not as witty in text as I am in my head. Shut up in capital letters and references to kicking my dog were presented as mock exasperation. Hey-ho, I'll try harder.

I also never stated I was wealthy, but I guess everything is relevant.

But well written. Thanks.

Adm.
11-27-2014, 10:12 AM
..KEEP YOUR OPINIONS OF OTHER PEOPLES CHOICES AND DECISIONS TO YOURSELF.

That's the advice I was referring to. All you've done so far is go on with your opinion on others decisions and choices. Try leading by example instead of spewing hypocrisy.

robmurphy
11-27-2014, 10:35 AM
That's the advice I was referring to. All you've done so far is go on with your opinion on others decisions and choices. Try leading by example instead of spewing hypocrisy.

Adm. I have not once told you or the OP to not have an opinion. The OPs main point, I think, is that in his/her opinion the game is broken and people are leaving in droves. That's his/her opinion and I did not tell him/her they were wrong.

I used the words "keep your opinions of other peoples choices and decisions to yourself" in direct reference to the OP stating that we high spenders are frivoling our money away and will wake up with a headache. That's personal. That's rude.

I believe I'm doing the right thing spending my money how I choose. And please remember my earlier point, I don't believe the game is broken. I'm well aware from faction colleagues that there are issues, but I have no issues whatsoever with the game.

Please read my words. I am not telling the OP to stop giving opinions in general, only when the are (even by perception) rude.

I also admit to strongly counterng the OPs suggestion that players boycott GREE (as I have done in many other threads). Regardless of the sentiment, it will not happen. You may as well say 'don't pay taxes' or 'don't die when you're old' (IMO)

Opinions of the game/strategy/tactics/suggestions etc I love. Rudeness I don't. I specially and vehemently rebuffed what I believed to be an insult.

If you want to continue the thread, I'm happy to continue to express my opinions;

I don't believe the game is broken
A boycott will not happen
A boycott will not work
I don't believe people are quitting in droves (I think 1, maybe 2 people from my faction have retired in the last 6 months)
The majority of those of us who spend will not live to regret our decisions

I'm happy to debate those points. All of which are my opinions, but which are, more importantly, not rude to individuals

Vercingetorix
11-27-2014, 10:59 AM
Rob, I appreciate the response. I do find it refreshing that you still enjoy the game and are as passionate about it as you are.

Adm.
11-27-2014, 11:49 AM
Rob, you are nothing but rude in the majority of your posts. Personally, I don't care. But please stop telling others to not do the very same things you do on a consistent basis. To put it bluntly, you behave just like the character in your avatar.

Dirty Mind
11-27-2014, 11:57 AM
Dont let the door hit you in the ass on the way out.

sstuutss
11-27-2014, 12:08 PM
Rob, you are nothing but rude in the majority of your posts. Personally, I don't care. But please stop telling others to not do the very same things you do on a consistent basis. To put it bluntly, you behave just like the character in your avatar.
yeah doesn't he squeal when he gets beaten by those low life free players

Jjqr
11-27-2014, 12:31 PM
I never understood the purpose of goodbye threads on public forums...

It's their 15 minutes of fame....

robmurphy
11-27-2014, 12:52 PM
you behave just like the character in your avatar.

One of the nicest things anyone has ever said to me....

Bubseg
11-27-2014, 01:00 PM
I think what the original poster meant as if every player stuck together and not spend money. On the game then gree will atand up and notice as revenue will be lost they will act quicker to get that revenue back ,
If everyplayer agreed to not spend a penny maybe it would work
But problem is guys will keep on spending regardless of bugs and glitches and as long as gree see that happening then why shud they bother ,
Oh and im poor With no money but do spend a bit on the game

_Mas_
11-27-2014, 03:02 PM

This is quality :D . Well put!

Retired and not happy
11-27-2014, 07:33 PM
Hey Murphy, Why do you have a known gay as you avatar? You need to be knocked out mate for defending men who don't like vaginas. The game you so love much will come to an end because the world cant propagate and create new developers.
Next time endorse a normal person and ill listen to what you have to say. Until then you can have all the pooh you like. Ill post you a rag to wipe your anatomy clean with.

Adm.
11-27-2014, 07:42 PM
Funny. Wrong as all hell, but funny.

Danger Mouse
11-27-2014, 08:05 PM
If I had a penny for every post calling for spenders to boycott the game and bring Gree to their knees....... why, I could buy all the gold I'd ever need!! ;-))

Danger Mouse
11-27-2014, 08:08 PM
Hey Murphy, Why do you have a known gay as you avatar? You need to be knocked out mate for defending men who don't like vaginas. The game you so love much will come to an end because the world cant propagate and create new developers.
Next time endorse a normal person and ill listen to what you have to say. Until then you can have all the pooh you like. Ill post you a rag to wipe your anatomy clean with.
Wow, what a great example of literate and articulate debate. Just what the forum needs. I'd use that rag to wipe your dummy clean first. Enjoy your ban.

Retired and not happy
11-27-2014, 10:05 PM
Sorry but i cant buy a dummy, everyone turned gay and died and no one was left to produce dummies. What you really think i'll get banned for standing up for whats right? Your just as bad as all them gays out their.
"Anyone who stands for them is against us."

legalious
11-27-2014, 11:16 PM
I am locking this thread. It turned into a flame war.

Truly sorry to see you go. I have yet to run across any issues that weren't resolved within a reasonable time (then again I'm only 1 month in). Wish you luck in any future endeavors.

DragCro
11-28-2014, 05:10 AM
Sorry but i cant buy a dummy, everyone turned gay and died and no one was left to produce dummies. What you really think i'll get banned for standing up for whats right? Your just as bad as all them gays out their.
"Anyone who stands for them is against us."
Read the forum rules of conduct!
You can't discriminate persons because of their sex orientation,rase or religion!
This what you wrote it is not right!
Respect each person!
You have a infraction,if you continue to brake rules of this forum you will get ban!