PDA

View Full Version : Storage Issue

the BDLS
11-26-2014, 06:14 PM
Why is Modern War storing so much data on my phone(Apple device). The app itself is like 80.4MB yet it's currently taking up 3.3GB on my phone. That is an obscene amount. What is up with this app?

KillerDriller
11-26-2014, 06:30 PM
It stores all kinds of stuff. I just delete the game and reinstall when the storage gets too high. Might not want to do that right now if your game is working 'properly'. You might get the messed up version and reqlly be buggered.

Blodiea
11-26-2014, 09:40 PM
When you dl the game it doesn't include all the maps and the npc's that will take up the rest of your storage

Atego
11-27-2014, 03:31 AM
If you have MW 4.4: dont change anything. If you have MW 4.5.x: Delete the game from time to time if the data ammount gets to high. Otherwise your device stucks or the game chrashes. After reinstall it takes 5-10 minutes to log in, but the data Folder of MW is much smaller now.

Bluehavana2
11-27-2014, 06:58 AM
I've also found that you should also go into the iCloud backup and toggle the MW backup off after reloading, then reboot and toggle back on

Ninuzzo
11-27-2014, 09:32 AM
With the 4.4 version the data usage is less? I'm finishing my 4gb/month in 10 days now... If yes I need a way to downgrade.. I don't have the old version in my backup..

Adm.
11-27-2014, 10:17 AM
With the 4.4 version the data usage is less? I'm finishing my 4gb/month in 10 days now... If yes I need a way to downgrade.. I don't have the old version in my backup..

Then you are stuck. If you don't have it backed up, you can't go back.

the BDLS
11-27-2014, 12:28 PM

I think you're talking about the data usage that you have contracted with your wireless provider. I'm talking about the actual data that is stored on your phone as memory.

Adm.
11-27-2014, 01:01 PM
I think you're talking about the data usage that you have contracted with your wireless provider. I'm talking about the actual data that is stored on your phone as memory.
He is, but that stored data has to get there somehow, and 4.5 is definitely worse than 4.4 n

Bubseg
11-27-2014, 01:50 PM
I just checked my storage
Mw is 2.1 gb.
I ran my checker app. To release memory and clean cache and delete temp files. , also ran battery doctor. Cleaned cache.
Mw dropped to 1.7gb.
Opened mw. And on loading screen. It showed loading new data Entered game and my base had to reload all buildings Then jumped to a few maps. The targets had to reload , closed mw checked storage now up to 1.8gb.
So basically more maps u visit more data is stored,
So i suggest after completing ltqs. Run the cleaning apps to reduce data size

Atego
11-27-2014, 02:07 PM
@Bubseg,
1,7 GB or 2,1 GB, both is to much.
I delete and reinstall the MW App from time to time. After every reinstallation the storage of MW is 140 MB. after opening MW it is like you said: the whole base had to reload all bldgs. If you visit now the inventory, MW loads the avatars of the whole inventory. Same with the maps you have to visit to complete the ltqs.
When MW gets ready with reloading all this data, end MW and determine the new storage of MW. on my iPhone 4s MW had a little bit more storage after each playing cycle.

Bubseg
11-27-2014, 02:21 PM
After deleting tbe app do u install from a back up. Or from the app store ?

I also have the iphone 4s

I dont wanna uninstall app as im on the latest update and game runs ok. Only loading time takes 1. Min Incase i reinstall and get all the glitches
Ill only go to maps that i need to so less data as i have onl 12gb storage

Atego
11-28-2014, 06:53 AM
Hi, i install the app from the app store.
Hope Gree fix this issues asap.

doeboy
11-28-2014, 08:53 AM
Dont count on GREE to fix anything they have left us to ourselves

reticlover
11-28-2014, 02:36 PM
Why is Modern War storing so much data on my phone(Apple device). The app itself is like 80.4MB yet it's currently taking up 3.3GB on my phone. That is an obscene amount. What is up with this app?
Uninstall and reinstall game, will remove all extra game days