PDA

View Full Version : Base issues.

Retired and not happy
11-23-2014, 08:18 PM
I can see a potential issue for players in approx 18 months time. Approximately half of my land mass is occupied by buildings and I lack the first 6 Ltb's. Eventually were all going to run out of space. My guess is between 1 to 3 years from now.

Is everyone tired of the middle eastern looking arid, barron base soil??? Its an eyesore!! I would pay gold to change the current base ground to green grass. A simple texture change shouldn't be too hard for Gree should it. Plus they can extract more gold from us, everyone's a winner here.

I've noticed some really well done bases. It would of sent the architects around the twist trying to navigate the base store screen. Not only that you can't build multiple items at the same time, everytime you buy something it takes focus off your base where you were building and reverts back to the default area. Then its the long slow process of screen scrolling what seems to be a million miles.

I hope Gree can facilitate the required changes needed for bases due to the evolving nature of the game.

What are your thoughts guys?

MAD NUGGETT
11-23-2014, 09:22 PM
My base is completely expanded. Could use an upgrade...

Huj
11-23-2014, 09:44 PM
This..........................LOL

DEWIN NUTTIN
11-23-2014, 09:55 PM
One to three years MORE of this? Yeah, and Obama will be in his 3rd term and running for his 4th.

MW playas, playin' on, HOLLA!

Agent Orange
11-24-2014, 05:57 AM
Hate to be the barer of bad news RbnH but the problems we have now are because our bases are to graphic intensive, the odds that gree can actually kludge in more junk and still have a sonewhat playable game is beyond comprehension.

Agent Orange
11-24-2014, 05:58 AM
One to three years MORE of this? Yeah, and Obama will be in his 3rd term and running for his 4th.

MW playas, playin' on, HOLLA!

At this rate I would think weeks if not days....

DEWIN NUTTIN
11-24-2014, 06:21 AM
At this rate I would think weeks if not days....

My friend, I do agree!

Let's see if things limp into 2015.

Retired and not happy
11-24-2014, 06:26 AM
Hate to be the barer of bad news RbnH but the problems we have now are because our bases are to graphic intensive, the odds that gree can actually kludge in more junk and still have a sonewhat playable game is beyond comprehension.

Well in other gree games, war of nations to be precise. It has a massive map and you don't get any scrolling issues. Maybe the base size and whats in it does slow down your game a bit, but im tending to think its more connectivity issues.

Ever since the anti airplane we have seen all sorts of problems. All we can really do is hope gree can improve the game ten fold before everyone boycotts it for something else. Maybe someone can talk to supercell they know how to produce a good working game. Because we have given gree enough chances to produce something better and with more reliability .

Agent Orange
11-24-2014, 07:22 AM
Well in other gree games, war of nations to be precise. It has a massive map and you don't get any scrolling issues. Maybe the base size and whats in it does slow down your game a bit, but im tending to think its more connectivity issues.

Ever since the anti airplane we have seen all sorts of problems. All we can really do is hope gree can improve the game ten fold before everyone boycotts it for something else. Maybe someone can talk to supercell they know how to produce a good working game. Because we have given gree enough chances to produce something better and with more reliability .

It's been a while since I nuked WoN but back then it had small primative graphics which is likely why they could build a larger playing field. There is likely a limit to the number sprites a game can use and therefore this will set a limit to playfield though I'm sure clever designers can work around this and not so clever one's end up blowing things up....

Talahaski
11-24-2014, 07:38 AM
Have you ever seen the Simpsons tapped out game. It's player cities are HUGE, with lots of animated npcs, they change base graphics every holiday. They have tons of buildings and tons of decorations that players actually use all over their cities.

Their game runs great without any memory issues.

Oh they also have great gold usage system, anytime u click on but something using gold you get a 5 second count down timer where you can cancel the gold use within that 5 seconds in case of accidental click.

Retired and not happy
11-24-2014, 07:58 AM
Not sure Gree have the mental capacity to implement a 5 second feature. Profiting from peoples misfortunes is very common amongst big corporations. You only gotta take a look at NPC's . Id love for someone to put Grees code for that into english. I can bet my left ball sac on it they do it deliberately. Designate your target accurately fully zoomed in and what do you know youv'e just hit another NPC 7cms away.

Anyway not sure who developed simpsons tap out but at this current rate all software developers have it over Gree.
If they do ever make MW stable with no bugs and no lag then majority of us will owe them a big apology. Until then continue our pressure into making them fix this god forsaken game!
Tickets wont help, hitting their bottom dollar will. Surely someone in the forums can start a revolution. (preferably a constructive one)

Agent Orange
11-24-2014, 08:30 AM
Not sure Gree have the mental capacity to implement a 5 second feature. Profiting from peoples misfortunes is very common amongst big corporations. You only gotta take a look at NPC's . Id love for someone to put Grees code for that into english. I can bet my left ball sac on it they do it deliberately. Designate your target accurately fully zoomed in and what do you know youv'e just hit another NPC 7cms away.

Anyway not sure who developed simpsons tap out but at this current rate all software developers have it over Gree.
If they do ever make MW stable with no bugs and no lag then majority of us will owe them a big apology. Until then continue our pressure into making them fix this god forsaken game!
Tickets wont help, hitting their bottom dollar will. Surely someone in the forums can start a revolution. (preferably a constructive one)

Yup happens on Android all the time, and it is likely done on purpose. Just as all the npcs swarm the real target the second you light it up. Or the way they grew the 'use gold' button on raid boss and lagged the server so you accidentally used gold when you tapped a second time because you thought your first hit didn't register, right McDoc...
And now with invisible targets so you think you hit the correct one but the invisible one behind or even hidden in front goes down. But what the heck I shouldn't complain because I stopped spending months ago.

Agent Orange
11-24-2014, 08:37 AM
Have you ever seen the Simpsons tapped out game. It's player cities are HUGE, with lots of animated npcs, they change base graphics every holiday. They have tons of buildings and tons of decorations that players actually use all over their cities.

Their game runs great without any memory issues.

Oh they also have great gold usage system, anytime u click on but something using gold you get a 5 second count down timer where you can cancel the gold use within that 5 seconds in case of accidental click.

Yes and gree didn't prgram it did they....

Business Time 7
11-27-2014, 10:19 AM
I have to agree that I would much rather have the correct target be selected where I tap than have a nice grassy background. This target selection seems to work much more accurately on iOS. On Android it seems like the tag that goes above the NPC is also part of the selection process, which makes it very hard to select the correct one.

kmikulz
11-27-2014, 08:01 PM
Would like a base editor like Clash of Clans, and defensive buildings to mean something again.