PDA

View Full Version : Who regulates the mobile games industry

Biffon69
11-23-2014, 11:56 AM
I have asked Gree for the contact details of whoever regulates the mobiles games industry so that I can make a complaint about them, but they never provide the details. Does anyone else know?

I suspect this will be deleted shortly.

HellRaizer
11-23-2014, 11:59 AM
I believe the complaints process needs to made via apple or android

Biffon69
11-23-2014, 12:05 PM
I doubt they would do anything, they make too much money from gree

Dirty Mind
11-23-2014, 12:10 PM
Which is more shocking? The fact that they would not give you that info? Or the fact that you thought they would?

Retired and not happy
11-23-2014, 12:27 PM
Haha, what more do you expect from gree? Each commonwealth country has a organization that deals with consumer complaints. Not sure how your country would represent against a foreign companies policies.

Go above apple and google, gree uses these companies as scapegoats anyway.

Huj
11-23-2014, 12:28 PM
Depends on where you live.

If your in the US I would contact your state attorney general office (consumer protection department). I'm sure companies like Gree are gone get slammed with class actions sooner or later.

Candyflosser
11-23-2014, 01:11 PM
I have asked Gree for the contact details of whoever regulates the mobiles games industry so that I can make a complaint about them, but they never provide the details. Does anyone else know?

I suspect this will be deleted shortly.

You are asking the wrong question. Here is the stub of an article http://blogs.wsj.com/cio/2014/07/21/app-stores-face-regulatory-pressure-on-mobile-game-purchases/ from the WSJ about the Regulatory commission that will have real power. But as you can see they are putting pressure on Google, Apple, Amazon & other appstores not
the companies that make the apps.

Candyflosser
11-23-2014, 01:14 PM
You are asking the wrong question. Here is the stub of an article http://blogs.wsj.com/cio/2014/07/21/app-stores-face-regulatory-pressure-on-mobile-game-purchases/ from the WSJ about the Regulatory commission that will have real power. But as you can see they are putting pressure on Google, Apple, Amazon & other appstores not
the companies that make the apps.

I guess this also means if you are going to Apple, Google, etc. to ask for refunds you might want to look up for your country
if the regulatory body is one of the countries in the joint action & mention that in your refund request - Apple & Google may
not care about certain things but the ability of being shutout of an entire country & fined 100%+ of their revenue will certainly
wake up their management team. They most likely do not want you to know that actions such as the above are taking place
by the agencies that can shutdown their entire line of business.

Greg76
11-23-2014, 02:39 PM
If your gold user, apple and google will definately give refunds, many players have gotten them lately

KCjamss
11-23-2014, 04:10 PM
Bbb.org is your best bet.

Adm.
11-23-2014, 05:44 PM
Bbb.org is your best bet.

They don't regulate anybody. And are mostly a joke.

Op, Gree couldn't answer that question if they wanted. No one regulates "the mobile games industry". There is nothing special about them. They are subject to the same basic rules as most any other business, which is going to vary by locale. It is possible that your particular country has such a body, but I suspect most don't.

Jclarke
11-24-2014, 12:37 AM
There may or may not be a regulatory body, however I submit we as the customers regulate them. Screw us once: shame on them, screw us twice (or a hundred times) shame on us.

Jack07
11-24-2014, 04:50 AM
Our wallets regulate this industry.... mine decided to save $500 each month from now on.

DEWIN NUTTIN
11-24-2014, 05:19 AM
Our wallets regulate this industry.... mine decided to save $500 each month from now on.

You have mastered this game.

You are now level 1,000,000 with infinite wisdom and frugal to the max.

Those who chose this path to enlightenment are GOLD BELTS of Gree-FU.

Rolinz
11-24-2014, 06:40 AM
Self-regulated industry