PDA

View Full Version : Energy energy bait n switch energy %

bam bam.
11-23-2014, 01:20 AM
Ok lets discuss 2 things here.

How comfortable are you with the bait n switch tactics in regards to now getting a percentage boost instead of a whole number. +3 to energy vs +3% to energy

How much each boost should be and how many energy boosts should be handed out each cycle.

The poll focuses on the later.

bam bam.
11-23-2014, 01:31 AM
This is my most complicated poll but I trust in the communities intelligence unlike our gree gods

Bobar
11-23-2014, 05:32 AM
don't like the boosts at all, so no voting from me

Domino_brown
11-23-2014, 09:33 AM
I wouldn't call it a bait n switch , the +3% was viewable the day before the event started .
Yeah it's stupid , but my faction would have finished masters no matter what the temp boost was so I don't feel slighted in anyway.
As far as I can remember the only time we got information on how something would work in advance was with the first WD , so we should all be use to the rules of flying blind and possible being screwed by now.

MAD NUGGETT
11-23-2014, 10:59 AM
Correct, not a bait and switch. People just misread it.

Drakhoan
11-23-2014, 03:08 PM
+3% energy regen? I'm no genious but this is hogwash.

Vote was for less than

Dumas
11-23-2014, 03:17 PM
I would request some of the +1 building upgrades and +# nrg and other types of bonuses be included in the LTQ prizes for masters and Speed other than just alliance attack or health regen.

bam bam.
11-23-2014, 05:06 PM

I consider it a bait n switch, as the first cycle temp boosts were ok, 2nd cycle the switch began and now this 3rd cycle temps r absolutely worthless. I didn't mean the % was the switch!. As each cycle goes after the introduction of a new aspect of game play they give good rewards then slowly switch them out after a few cycles till we hate them. Good aspects never last too long. That is what I consider baiting their customers then switching up the program. Baited first cycle then switched each cycle thereafter.

Kefa
11-23-2014, 05:53 PM

Yeah, maybe not technically to the letter, but how many things in the game are not exactly what they say they are? Face value doesn't really mean much in MW, so who's to know for sure what it meant? We still don't know exactly what the bonus is supposed to do because they've never answered us as of yet.

Frontline: "You will receive rewards only from your tier"
Actual: You receive all faction rewards from your tier down.

Battle Results Screen: "HINT: Each Ally allows you to bring 4 additional units into battle"
Actual: each ally allows you to bring 6 additional units into battle.

Battle Results Screen: "HINT: Defeating Rivals earns Honor Points"
Actual: There is no such thing as "Honor Points" in Modern War

Event timers: Often show entirely different values between the globe (now "command center") and the event goal in the goals folder.

etc etc etc

So, considering that after almost two years the only energy-boost type bonus reward has ever been an increase of energy points per minute, it would be very reasonable to expect that "+3% energy regen" is a typo or display error like all the others and really means "+3 energy regen" like it always has.

Technicality vs. reasonable expectation based on history and past experience with in-game information typos andl display errors.

Players expected one thing after reading it, received something else, and when they directly questioned the company representatives about it they received no answer whatsoever.

Bait by building a trend over time, and Switch, by giving something other than what the players expected to receive.

bam bam.
11-23-2014, 06:38 PM
What he said ^^^

Well said kefa

Dirty Mind
11-23-2014, 08:35 PM
bait and switch would be advertising a +3 energy regen and receiving a building def boost. We got exactly what was advertised. The upsetting thing is that it is a complete waste, like the 3% health thingy.

MAD NUGGETT
11-23-2014, 09:20 PM
I consider it a bait n switch, as the first cycle temp boosts were ok, 2nd cycle the switch began and now this 3rd cycle temps r absolutely worthless. I didn't mean the % was the switch!. As each cycle goes after the introduction of a new aspect of game play they give good rewards then slowly switch them out after a few cycles till we hate them. Good aspects never last too long. That is what I consider baiting their customers then switching up the program. Baited first cycle then switched each cycle thereafter.

The first time the temp boost were offered was during "customer appreciation month" so maybe that's why they were good?

bam bam.
11-23-2014, 09:50 PM
The first time the temp boost were offered was during "customer appreciation month" so maybe that's why they were good?

That month was our worst month on record mate. Don't know too many who felt appreciated during the month.

Seriously they do it with every event. It's expected now. Its a bait n switch. Starts with one thing to get you in and then the next cycle rewards are down, xp and costs go up. Its plain as day baiting and switching. Im not saying % is bait n switch I'm saying the crapper prize is the switch. People if it said +3 n u got +3% that would be false advertising, we get a lot of that but this is not a case of that. Seriously, the focus I want the community to achieve is to scrutinise the changes each cycle. I've been at this for a couple years now and can see it a mile away as can most of our members.

MAD NUGGETT
11-24-2014, 06:25 PM
Think they fixed the now.

KCjamss
11-26-2014, 07:28 PM
Bait and switch was highly unethical. Crack dealers always start with the good stuff then switch assuming you won't notice. Great job Gree. Keep on trappin.

I think if they gave a few energy bonuses early and health ones later it would be a little more fun. Boosts would help get other boosts.