PDA

View Full Version : Gree continuing to run events while accounts are locked out because of updates?

Sputnick
11-21-2014, 11:48 AM
How freaking smart is this?

Numerous threads about people's inability to log on directly related to updating the game to the most recent updates. Those players not only can not participate in events they could normally. They are also falling behind in progress, and their alliances are suffering as well.

I can't really ask how fair this is. Because everyone knows Gree and Fair don't belong in the same sentence. But is this smart?

I have piles of gold sitting on my iPad 1 account that I can not access. Have seen zero response from Gree about. And no matter what tricks I have tried can't get it to load past the loading splash screen.

If you guys can't get the game fixed so everyone can log in STOP RUNNING EVENTS. You're alienating your customer base even faster.

I know it's tough to understand a business model where you aren't bleeding customers dry and alienating them. But they do succeed.

Lance Link
11-21-2014, 02:25 PM
How freaking smart is this?

Numerous threads about people's inability to log on directly related to updating the game to the most recent updates. Those players not only can not participate in events they could normally. They are also falling behind in progress, and their alliances are suffering as well.

I can't really ask how fair this is. Because everyone knows Gree and Fair don't belong in the same sentence. But is this smart?

I have piles of gold sitting on my iPad 1 account that I can not access. Have seen zero response from Gree about. And no matter what tricks I have tried can't get it to load past the loading splash screen.

If you guys can't get the game fixed so everyone can log in STOP RUNNING EVENTS. You're alienating your customer base even faster.

I know it's tough to understand a business model where you aren't bleeding customers dry and alienating them. But they do succeed.

Sadly, it is evident that Gree does not care. They are presently attempting to squeeze every last penny out of a dying game. They will not put any more resources into Modern War and they are cramming as many events as is possible into the very limited remaining life span of this creation.

What Gree has failed to consider is that the customer base for any future game they create has been poisoned.

I for one will never play another Gree owned game. I will leave bad reviews about this game and any other gree games in whatever forum(s) I can find. In fact, I have downloaded numerous Gree games in the past two weeks, not to play, but for the express purpose of leaving negative feedback about Gree in itunes, in particular the manner in which Gree treats customers. I then take great pleasure in deleting the app.

When Gree finally ceases to exist, what I do on the grave won't pass for flowers.

HellRaizer
11-21-2014, 02:47 PM
From what I've seen,.gree are still spending money on this game. Clearly from the 5.0 beta, they are trying new innovative ideas.

Sputnick
11-21-2014, 03:40 PM
They aren't trying new ideas. They're stealing ideas from other games in an attempt to get the heavy gold spenders to spend more.

All while failing to fix what is broken.

Gree for whatever reason subscribes to the business model than $1,000,000 generated by charging $1,000 across 1,000 customers is better than $10,000,000 generated by charging $100 across 100,000 people.

Dirty Mind
11-21-2014, 06:29 PM

I dont know how many are locked out, I dont believe anyone in my faction is, it must be a pretty small amount. Lets pretend its 20% of players (likely far less). Shutting down the game for 20% would really piss off the other 80%. Meanwhile, a decent faction would not boot you, so you are still collecting SOME rewards.

Sputnick
11-21-2014, 09:00 PM
You really think 80% of the player base would be pissed off if they stopped releasing events until a proper client version was released that addressed log in issues, data/bandwidth issues, any of about a dozen frontline issues, several issues with the FLTQ, and what ever else is FUBAR currently?

Once upon a time there would be entire weeks with ZERO events. These days it's a slow week if there is only 1 event happening any given day that week.

Have you read any of the threads here? I'm pretty sure less than 5% of the player base would complain about a pause being placed on new events being released. And the only reason those 5% would complains is because they are trolls who are the same type of people who could walk down a sidewalk, find $500, and complain because there wasn't more money.

Agent Orange
11-22-2014, 04:46 AM
I doubt any of the player base would complain about the reduction in the number of events.

In the past when it was only WD and it switched from a 4 week cycle to 3 people said they were too close together. When we got over lapping events folks complained and now even more so. I don't think we can base everything on a handful of addicts or those Gree shill accounts on the forums and in game.

In terms of the numbers of players locked out, just for fun we'll assume that 2/3 are on IOS or 67% of all players. I know from testing that anyone on a 4th gen iPod or older is locked out, iPad 1st gens are locked out, iPhone 4 or older are locked out. I would guess from continued complaints that this might be as high as 40% of that 67%. Those that are locked out can't do anything about it since you need to log into the game to send a ticket or initiate a transfer, if that still works. We don't know who were able to downgrade but that likely means they are locked out of some events. Then we don't know how many can get in only to crash out after a move or two.

Of my 7 IOS devices 3 are completely locked out and of the 4 accessing the game only 2 can do so reliably if you discount the insanely slow log in and huge data use. Of my 7 Android devices, all can log in, 4 are moderately reliable, 2 crash constantly and one has major display issues in that buildings on the base do not show up because the dataset exceeds its available internal memory and then it crashes.
Oh yeah things are just ducky......

Paisthecoolest
11-22-2014, 06:46 AM
i have been locked out since the new update. I sent in a ticket to transfer to a device that works. 2063880. Can anyone help make this go faster?

Mr Art0is
11-22-2014, 08:08 AM
I've got some time to kill and thought I'd pop in for a laugh.

When will you all realise you are literally p1ssing your money down the drain on this game ? What exactly is the end point of this game? There is none, snap out of it you muppets and go shag some birds or something. I'd rather waste my doe stuffing brasses than some iPad game

Prettypupp
11-22-2014, 08:23 AM
I've got some time to kill and thought I'd pop in for a laugh.

When will you all realise you are literally p1ssing your money down the drain on this game ? What exactly is the end point of this game? There is none, snap out of it you muppets and go shag some birds or something. I'd rather waste my doe stuffing brasses than some iPad game

For someone like myself I play and spend money on this game because I have had 17 surgeries in less than 3 years. There is not alot that I can do right now. Normally I would be spending time in my gym training but considering my body can't take it anymore I play this game to keep my mind off of things. It's great that you don't want to spend your money on this game but that's your choice. Leave the ones alone that do decide to spend money and time on this game.

Mr Art0is
11-22-2014, 10:28 AM
For someone like myself I play and spend money on this game because I have had 17 surgeries in less than 3 years. There is not alot that I can do right now. Normally I would be spending time in my gym training but considering my body can't take it anymore I play this game to keep my mind off of things. It's great that you don't want to spend your money on this game but that's your choice. Leave the ones alone that do decide to spend money and time on this game.

My message is purely for educational purposes, you to will see the light soon.

Dirty Mind
11-22-2014, 08:05 PM
Have you read any of the threads here?

Really? Newbie? If I want a break I skip an event, and yes, I do believe that most people would be pissed if they stopped releasing events while they fixed issues for a few.

Sputnick
11-22-2014, 10:06 PM
Yeap that's me. Forum newbie because my original forum account has been locked and forum administrators won't tell me why. They won't even respond. So after 3 months and two dozen requests, I gave up.

Considering I can remember playing when there were no scheduled events. And then the whole debacle over how long the WD events lasted. Then how long of a break between WD events. And so on and so forth, I am definitely a modern war newbie.

From every thread and post I'm reading in those threads, plus any of the kakao groups and groupme groups I'm in, your opinion Dirty Mind appears to be in the massive minority.

But hey, if stopping the release of broken events that need to be patched, and then who's patches break more features in the game sounds like a horrible business decision to you, Gree has a job opening for you in their quality control department.

PollekeW
11-23-2014, 02:55 AM
I think Gree fears that people will like their real lives too much if they postpone events and will never return.
And if you can spend 1000s of dollars on fake gold you most likely won't be playing on some old device, so why would Gree fix your problems? They have nothing to gain from you.
I personally don't give a crap about the players that are locked out now, gives me a great opportunity to catch up on all those glitching iOS players.
But boy, do these free gold videos take up time