PDA

View Full Version : Gree, Why are you trying to start a war?

Retired and not happy
11-20-2014, 10:21 PM
On the avatar skin colour choice you have white skin at 100 gold and for dark black skin its for free.

1. Your gunna piss off whites for charging them.
2. Your gunna piss off blacks for not valuing their skin colour by having it for free.

Gree please value each player equally. Either their both free or both come at equal cost.

DEWIN NUTTIN
11-20-2014, 11:48 PM
Yes, it's 100 gold for the WHITEST complexion, and FREE for the DARKEST.
But, the browish, reddish, tannish, yellowish complexions are also on offer for FREE!

Not sure why Gree did this, but it could be seen as racist.

Or, it could be seen as a money grab for those who favor the lightest complexion.

On the same note, the clown, snooki, cornrows, Haru, greaser, and dreads all cost 10 gold.

bam bam.
11-21-2014, 12:08 AM
Only white people have money :P

Retired and not happy
11-21-2014, 12:08 AM
Good point about the money grab for those who desire the white look. If gree were smart they should offer more variety to players avatars. The thing that cracks me up most is the legs are not quite in proportion to the body.

Gree may be monsters but you gotta give em credit for cracking us up with the way they program the game.
The latest crack up is the temp -20 health and the +20 health regens on offer. Ahh the fun never stops.

Campy McCamperpants
11-21-2014, 12:09 AM
On the avatar skin colour choice you have white skin at 100 gold and for dark black skin its for free.

1. Your gunna piss off whites for charging them.
2. Your gunna piss off blacks for not valuing their skin colour by having it for free.

Gree please value each player equally. Either their both free or both come at equal cost.

As a pale Irish ginger, I'm not offended that the icon that resembles my cousin has a fee. What offends me is your position on this matter; it also says a lot about you and your character.

First off, spending 100 gold on anything other than challenges for your faction means that you clearly won't last long in this game, or, you have an obscene amount of money or time.

By assuming that all people share your opinion is ridiculous. The opinion that you think all white people share is that white people would be mad for having to spend gold on the item. Nope. By assuming that all black people would be offended for not having a fee is also insane.

Have you realized that your question and supplied answers only show your ignorance and prejudices? You may want to delete this post...unless you're trolling.

T H E W O R L D I S N O T F R E E O R E Q U A L

Retired and not happy
11-21-2014, 12:26 AM
Im open to correction. I appreciate your veiwpoint. You have to ask yourself Campy what are my motives for writing such a thread? Havent you contradicted yourself by assuming that i am neive and am ignorant? Let me clarify my motive for you.

My motive is to make people aware of in-discrepancies within modern war. Bring subjects like this to the light and have a constructive debate about it. I'm also upset i have to pay gold to look white. How is that fair everyone else gets it for free?

My title is asking a rhetorical question. So Campy can you confidently say that Gree wouldn't start a war by the means in which they have conducted themselves within regards to avatar skin colours?

I appreciate your post it has given me another point of veiw.

Candyflosser
11-21-2014, 05:31 AM
Im open to correction. I appreciate your veiwpoint. You have to ask yourself Campy what are my motives for writing such a thread? Havent you contradicted yourself by assuming that i am neive and am ignorant? Let me clarify my motive for you.

My motive is to make people aware of in-discrepancies within modern war. Bring subjects like this to the light and have a constructive debate about it. I'm also upset i have to pay gold to look white. How is that fair everyone else gets it for free?

My title is asking a rhetorical question. So Campy can you confidently say that Gree wouldn't start a war by the means in which they have conducted themselves within regards to avatar skin colours?

I appreciate your post it has given me another point of veiw.

And you choose to bring this up now, not when it was first in the game as the fees or lack of fees has not changed since you could
customize your avatar picture. So yes trolling almost 3 years since it was first in the game.

Lift Ticket
11-21-2014, 05:46 AM
Gree is charging 100 gold for you to choose a congenital disorder characterized by the complete or partial absence of pigment in the skin (in other words, albino).....they should be paying you 100 gold.

KCjamss
11-21-2014, 07:30 AM
I'm with you campy. With so much negativity why try to add! Also why not mention clown hair costs gold. Are clowns special! My hair is only one color and that's free. Why does Gree hate me for having only one color of hair!

Come on.

Had to add this. Retirement means go away!

Captain Buck Slayer
11-21-2014, 07:39 AM
I think the bright white skin is more to make you look like a zombie. People like zombies so they are charging for it lol. And GREE is not the one starting the war, this is the first time this "issue" has come up. The poster of this thread is starting the war. And i am pretty sure it is against the forum code of conduct to post about race.

AgentCoulsen
11-21-2014, 08:01 AM
http://www.theguardian.com/world/2012/dec/05/black-pete-race-netherlands

Brizzol
11-21-2014, 08:29 AM
This thread is beyond a joke. Classic example of moaning for the sake of it.

KCjamss
11-21-2014, 09:38 AM
I think this post needs to be burried or deleted as soon as possible but it is hard to read this and not want to post a reply. I will start a new thread entitled stay retired. I ask that all your replys to this post go there so this one can die.

In summary: don't post anything else here. Let this thread die and post in stay retired.

Thoughts on this plan? Post in my new thread lol!

headfaction
11-21-2014, 10:45 AM
Wow... Too much time on your hands OP? Lol.

PointNShoot
11-21-2014, 12:53 PM
GREE has certainly run out of ideas to make $$$, and in their desperation came up with offensive ideas without...

Bluehavana2
11-21-2014, 01:04 PM
Since we are trying to start a race war here...
Ever notice on the MW start up splash screen that the white men are wearing helmets and the women and black men are not?

I Will Merc You
11-21-2014, 01:09 PM
Why is this thread not locked?

.....oh......because there are no moderators on this forum.

Sad and ridiculous. I apologize for updating this thread....but this thread is disgusting.

Imagine a world where people are not described using color...truth of the matter.....I've never met or seen one person whose skin color is the same color as the text I am typing in....... black/white.....people are so stupid.

Retired and not happy
11-21-2014, 01:54 PM
So some of you are ok with unequal treatment? Yes it may be trivial but it still creates unfairness. Hate is derived from similar scenarios in real life.
Time or no time, headfaction, this is the root of beginnings of hatred and race division. All i want is a fair equal world (which i wont get) but atleast we can get it right in this game cant we?

Now kcjamss, mate i didnt not bring up the cost of clown hair because their is no defined opposite of clown hair. Therefore their is no way a particular party can be advantaged or disadvantaged.

Candyflosser, this topic has never been mentioned before in the forums, Please dont jump to conclusions about me trolling. If i were trolling that would be up to Gree to decide.

Captnbuckslayer, If this thread violates Grees TOS, Then our freedom of speech is declined. Do you enjoy living in a society where you have no say. Maybe Chinas for you. It frustrates me how people wont cherish a democratic environment. Or their to apathetic to give a damn. Were the people, were supposed to stand together and have the power to fight afflictions but we cant even organize intercourse in a brothel with a fistful of 100 dollar bills.

KCjamss
11-21-2014, 02:06 PM
Ok I guess this won't die so I will post here.

I assume I am younger than you so my view of the world may be quite different. You may have had good intentions when you posted it but to me and a whole bunch of others, skin color costing different amounts didn't register as a race thing. When I saw it my thought was cool an albino skin but not spending gold on it.

And for the clown hair I would say the opposite of huge colorful and bright hair is the bald head you can get without gold.

Adm.
11-21-2014, 02:18 PM
Not going to comment on anything other than this. This forum is NOT a democracy. While most of us may live in one, and value them deeply, in most of them the freedom to speak freely without fear of persecution only applies between the government and it's citizens. As this is "private property", no one here is free to speak anything they feel.

Clementine
11-21-2014, 02:27 PM
Locking this thread. My apologies for the delay in doing so, it should have been locked more quickly.

A note from the Developer, this is/was supposed to be a zombie.