PDA

View Full Version : Now Accepting Applications for Forum Moderators

Clementine
11-20-2014, 04:41 PM
We are now accepting applications for additional folks to join the Forum Moderator Team (http://forums.gree.net/showthread.php?101329-November-Forum-Moderators)!!

Remember, if you applied last time but were not accepted, we do encourage you to apply again!

Please make sure you review all official program details and rules (http://forums.gree.net/showthread.php?99859) prior to submitting your application. Incomplete applications, or users who do not meet the minimum requirements, will be deemed ineligible.

Timeline & Schedule

- November 30th - Submission deadline for applications. This thread will be locked and no late submissions will be accepted after this date.

- December 3rd - Review all applications and send out offers (via PM) to those accepted

- December 8th - Last day for user to accept or decline the position offer

- December 10th - Accepted and confirmed Forum Moderators announced to the community and officially start!

Important Links & Information

- Official Program Details & Application (http://forums.gree.net/showthread.php?99859)

- Terms of Service (http://product.gree.net/us/en/terms)

- Forum Code of Conduct (http://forums.gree.net/showthread.php?96769-Forum-Code-of-Conduct)

Please submit your application on this thread! Good luck to all!

1Shot
11-20-2014, 06:50 PM
Application date: November 20, 2014

Forum User Name: 1Shot

Active Member Since: December, 2012

GREE Game(s) Played: Crime City, Modern War.

In Game(s) Friend/Profile ID(s):
OneShot
(Don't want to post my crime city code number here, pm me if you need it please)

Why do you want to be a Forum Moderator and what makes you a good fit for this role?
I would like to become a forum moderate because I like using forums and hearing other people's opinions on topics. I have been part of many forums in the past and they're always something I've been interested in. I've always liked helping people out on forums answering people's questions and just being a problem solver. I also have been apart of this forum for some time now and understand what is appropriate to comment on here and what is not. That being said, I know what is worthy of being deleted, moved to, merged into, locked, ect. I feel like I would be a good fit for this role because I have been on different forums my whole life and really enjoy being around them, so I feel like that is the motivation you need to become a good community member or a moderator on the forum.

Do you have any previous experience as a Forum Moderator/Admin? If yes, please explain.
Yes, I am currently an admin on a very popular gta 5 forum. I handle running contests, events, answering questions, and more. I have been on that website for a year and have worked myself up from a moderator now up to an administrator. I am very active on that website also and handle a lot of questions and things, but I would make sure I am equally as active on this forum if I get the job. If you need me to confirm I am an administrator on that website or need the link feel free to ask me.

What is your favorite GREE game and why?
My favorite game on GREE would have to be crime city. I just love the whole aspect of the game and is also fun playing it with friends I know in real life. I love the set up of building an IPH to growing your stats up to beat the top players. Crime city is also the only mobile game I have/would spend actual money on. The mafia theme is also a good plus for me because that makes the environment of crime city just feel really cool to me personally.

Are you comfortable moderating the entire forums or only for certain games?
I would prefer to just moderate for the crime city forum as that is the game I am most knowledgeable in and would be most useful for.

What was a controversial change in a GREE game that you did not like? Why?
In all honestly, the most controversial change that I didn't like was how level 250's or high levels close to 250 get low points in battle of empire city for hits. However, this is a plus to lower level players, but I still think points for low/high level players should be equal for hits(excluding IP mods).

How do you tell the difference between constructive criticism and blatant bad mouthing?
Constructive criticism is giving both positive and negative feedback to someone else's idea, but in a well mannered way.
Blatant bad mouthing in my opinion is just bashing someone's idea or commenting negatively without any supporting evidence backing up what that person is saying.

What would you do if a user made a post that attacked you personally, how would you handle it?
This all depends on the severity of the attack. If this attack was general about an idea or comment I made, then I may ask him why he/she said that. If this attack was totally off topic and getting into my personal life, I may warn them or delete the post depending on the incident.

How much time per week can you commit to being a forum moderator?
I can be on the forums to help moderate everyday constantly checking in/out through the day to look for new posts or whatnot.

Have you read and understood the GREE Forum Code of Conduct & the GREE Terms of Service?
Yes I have.

Is there anything else you would like to share with us?
I would just like to say that I really appreciate you looking into my application to become a moderator for the forum and I will give it my best effort if selected. I would also like to add that I am a nice, laid back guy and don't like to cause problems.

Thank you!

Captain Buck Slayer
11-20-2014, 08:06 PM
Application date: November 20, 2014

Forum User Name: Captain Buck Slayer

Active Member Since: August, 2014

GREE Game(s) Played: Modern War.

Captain Ron YK1, Captain Ron, captain ron, and Captain Buck Slayer.

Why do you want to be a Forum Moderator and what makes you a good fit for this role?
I want to be a forum moderator because i am always online, i love Modern war and i know enough about other GREE titles to be able to help out anyone. I have always wanted to be a forum moderator since i joined these forums. I have been told that i am good at defusing situations. And i stay calm under pressure.

Do you have any previous experience as a Forum Moderator/Admin? If yes, please explain.
Unfortunately not, if it helps I am the leader of a faction in modern war so i do know how to deal with all kinds of people.

My favorite GREE game would be Modern War, i have been playing it since the beginning. I love interacting with people from all over the world and i love military action based games. My favorite event is world domination, its fun to see how your team stacks up against others.

I am comfortable with moderating all the forums, i have tried out all of the games. Unfortunately i only have time for Modern War.

The sudden drop of Legends at War. It was a fun game and it was dropped with little warning.

How do you tell the difference between constructive criticism and blatant bad mouthing?
Constructive criticism is when someone is intending to help you improve, for example if someome were to suggest making some changes to an event. Bad mouthing/trolling would be something intended to hurt or harm someones feelings.

What would you do if a user made a post that attacked you personally, how would you handle it?
I would stay calm and try to defuse the situation, if they kept it up i may either ignore them or delete their posts. Or temporarily ban if i am aloud to do so.

All day from 6:00AM PST to 9:00PM PST

Have you read and understood the GREE Forum Code of Conduct & the GREE Terms of Service?
Yes

I hope that you feel i am worthy for this position, i am very passionate about Modern War and i feel i can be a big help in the other forums also. Thank you so much for your time, and consideration.

Sincerely,
Captain Buck Slayer

_Mas_
11-21-2014, 10:39 AM
Application Date: November 21st 2014
Forum User Name: _Mas_
Active Member Since: On forums since 23/10/13 and a gree game player since September 2012
GREE Game(s) Played: Kingdom Age (Still playing) . Formerly played :Modern war, Crime city and more recently, Legends at War but due to having no time for all 4 games, i dropped 2 of them and Legends At war (sadly) was taken down.

Mas 430387723 (Kingdom Age)

-I enjoy helping people out in the forums, having a laugh and talking about the game. I've been on the forums since last year but I am a chatty person the forum :D (396 posts). I think I would be a good fit for the moderator role because I am a very addicted gamer and I love playing kingdom age when im not at work! :)

-I haven't yet but I was the leader of a Kingdom Age team about 5-6 COK's (Conquest of Kings) events ago. I understand how to moderate a team very well and I think I have the skills to moderate Gree forum as well.

-My favourite gree game by far would be Kingdom Age. It was the first Gree game i started and I was addicted really fast. I loved the concept about making the best Kingdom out of everyone and the game itself as well. Not to say the gltq and the actual war time! The events are really great and I enjoy giving my friends from other guilds a challenge of who can complete the gltq first or who can finish higher at war and so on !

Are you comfortable moderating the entire
forums or only for certain games?

-I would feel comfortable moderating entire forums because I have had experience in 4 Gree games already and it would be easy for me to moderate every forum :D

-The removal of Legends At War . This was a great game, one that I and I'm sure many others enjoyed. I completely understand why Gree decided to take it down but I did not like their decision because I loved playing Legends At War!

-Constructive Critisism , in my personal opinion is the process of offering a valid and well-reasoned opinion about the work of others, in a friendly manner rather than an oppositional one. However, bad mouthing is to criticize another person's work spitefully or unfairly.

-I would remain calm and try to handle it effectively. By this I mean I won't start verbally attacking them back because doing so would get me nowhere. I would try to sort out the problem as best as I could without breaking into an argument but if the verablly abusive person keeps on going, I would use my mod powers (if i was allowed to) to ban the abusive person.

-I can commit to being a moderator for the whole day (despite being at work haha :D ) : From about 9am BST (British Standard Time) until about 11pm BST.

- Yes I have

I sincerely hope that I am fit for being a Moderator on the Forums . I love playing Gree Games because they are fun, addictive and challenging!

PS. My wife also plays Modern war (her ally code is:

670339743 (Modern War)
So we are a closely related couple in terms of Gree :D haha!

Thank you very much for reading my application. I hope you take my consideration into account.

_Mas_

HellRaizer
11-23-2014, 12:29 PM
Application Date: 2014-11-23
Forum User Name: HellRaizer
Active Member Since: Jan 2012
GREE Game(s) Played: Modern War
In Game(s) Friend/Profile ID(s): MW - 879 052 626

I have been playing modern war for almost three year. I began as an Android player for about a year, before moving over to IOS and starting afresh. I became truly addicted to the game and ended up spending a vast amount on the game that brought me easily into the second tier of the bonus program. I took the decision to close down my main account and began again a about 6 months ago but play without the addiction that once consumed me. Therefore I feel as thou I am well placed to understand a good percentage of the community. I am also involved in the beta program and can offer my advise to players when a new client version is released as I take the time to see what the new version offers. I am also UK based and have noticed that there is little moderation during the UK start of day, I would aim to assist at this time.

I haven't been involved in any moderation since my school days (10+ years ago). At that time a number of friends had set up a simple game forums for PS1 game which eventually turned into a final fantasy forum. My main purpose in the forum was to ensure that people weren't swearing trolling etc (and the keep the conversations alive)

Modern War. This has also been my primary game. I have played KA, CC and nations but I have made numerous friends within MW

I would prefer to be MW specific

Stat inflation. Made me feel as thou the money that I had spent on the game was wiped out in a couple of weeks. Although it did help curb the addiction

Constructive is adding advice to problematic areas that could help assist. Blatant bad mouthing is as it says, effectively trolling and providing no purpose

Ignore... If it continues, try to address it in a calm manner.. PM the person to see why they are attacking me.. If it continues delete their threads if they provide nothing other than a personal attack.. place a temp ban and escalate to the forum admins

I log in continually throughout the day. Most importantly I will be on during the UK early hours and weekends. These appear to be the potential trolling times

Yes

I hope you consider my application as I believe that I will be able to communicate well with the community. Despite my account seeming so new I have actually been on the forums for quite some time, but I have actually created new account when I have changed my in game player on each occasion. (happy to share more details if required)

Retired and not happy
11-24-2014, 08:48 AM
I vote for MAS or hellraizor.
Captnbuckslayer will be tied up for time running a faction aswell. 1shot refused to reveal his crime city alliance code so what else will he hide from us?
Only 4 candidates from god knows how many forum users.

Smiles
11-24-2014, 09:35 AM
Application Date: 11/24/2014
Forum User Name: Smiles
Active Member Since: October 4th, 2014 on Forums (2/4/2014 in game)
GREE Game(s) Played: Beyond The Dead
Profile ID: Smiles: 298-325-772

I love conversing and helping others. I am active and strive to find the best answer for any question or issue. If I do not know what the answer is then I know how to find the answer in a prompt fashion. I feel I would excel in this role because I have experience in being a moderator and an admin for over 10 years in various games.

Yes I do. I am currently a moderator for an online game called High Descent. I have been in this position for over 5 years. I also help develop their training guides as well as ran several training alliances within the game. Any emails sent to the game was directly sent to the creator of the game and myself. I was responsible to answered any emails within 24 hours.

The only game I currently play is Beyond the Dead. The original reason I started to play BtD is because I like all the different strategies involve in PVP. As I started playing the game more in depth I realize the community this game has and the competition it presents. I like the alliance aspect and became a founder of an active alliance to help others not only build up themselves but to build up the alliance and overall success.

My current expertise would only be in Beyond the dead, however I feel confident I could find the answers in any forum. My personal recommendation would to only moderate Beyond the Dead forums until I get more familiar with the different games.

The most controversial change in a GREE game that I have experience was all the down maintenance issues it was having during an event for several hours. Although the situation was out of GREE's control, What I did not like about the situation was that they did not extend any timed events going on. My best advice for a situation like this happening in the future is extend any time sensitive events to give everyone a fair chance to complete any mission/event.

Any situation or dispute on the boards have to be looked at with an open perspective. I look at both sides of the conversation before performing or commenting on any action. Blatant bad mouthing is when a poster is directly insulting another person on the purpose or intent of putting the other poster down. Constructive criticism is made to help a situation better. Even if its harsh criticism, the situation would not be a direct attack on a person.

I take attacks on myself like a grain a salt. I would warn the person politely that it is not nice to personally attack anyone and why you should treat others how you would like to be treated. I try to get the person to understand the situation. If the person still proceeding to attack me personally then I would place a temp ban on the user. Although In my years as a mod in other games, this very seldom happens after a warning.

I live in the North East USA area and I'm on multiple times a day to follow up on conversations and see what is new with BtD. So 7 days a week and numerous hours a day.

Yes

I have also helped developed the High Descent game mention above and created (and still functioning) spreadsheet that help create new mercenaries and tweak existing mercenaries. I also helped market and advertise for multiple games under the same creator as High Descent.

Lolsies
11-30-2014, 07:20 AM
Application Date: 30/11/14
Forum User Name: Lolsies
Active Member Since: Dec. 2013
GREE Game(s) Played: War of Nations, a bit of Crime City
In Game(s) Friend/Profile ID(s): Spartan_Lolsies, W2

I want to become a Forum moderator because I want to help the forum community grow and have more communication. I know that the developers and moderators that work for GREE try as hard as they can to reply to players, but they are sometimes occupied. If I can become a Forum Moderator, I can help address player concerns and make them feel better. If there are any problems related to the mechanics of the game, I can help relay them to GREE.

I am a good fit for this role...mostly because I love this forum. I am very active, so I can help monitor multiple threads. I can also help constructive discussions continue in a positive manner.

Sadly, no. I want to make use of this amazing opportunity to gain experience and become an awesome moderator in the future.

My favorite GREE game is by far War of Nations. The intensity and communication of the game keeps me addicted. The events are awesome and creates more teamwork, dedication, and loyalty. Sometimes, you may even feel yourself becoming a commander, deploying armies and training troops :) The recent updates to this game are amazing by the way. Everyone seems to be playing more.

I am comfortable moderating the entire forum. Although I have not played most games, moderating the entire forum will help me become more knowledgable in all the awesome games that GREE has created.

A controversial change in a GREE game that I did not like was when teleports were introduced to this game. Many people (including me) did not like the idea of getting their troops wiped to the ground in a matter of minutes by stronger enemies using only one teleport, especially with a 30-60 second advantage of being invisible. We all complained, and some even quit the game, but eventually we adapted and became smarter, moving troops around to prevent surprise hits.

Constructive criticism helps discussions continue. It helps point out the cons of an idea to help improve it. For example: "For this idea, I think that it may not work because of....." Blatant bad mouthing is simply swearing for the sake of it. It usually occurs in the heat of a discussion or an argument between two sides of a situation. For example: "You f***ing b****h."

For the first post, I think I would ignore it. It probably is a result of that person venting. After multiple attacks on me, I think I would tell them the TOS that they violated and close the thread. Then, if they still don't listen, I would ban them.

I can devote around 2 hours every other day to being a forum moderator. (The schedule is piling up, but I still love this forum, and work won't stop me.)

I have read and understood the GREE Forum Code of Conduct and the GREE Terms of Service.

I am a fast typer. I think I just typed my responses in about 6 minutes. I dislike swearing very much. In my pasttime, I play basketball, swim, ski, play frisbee, and play War of Nations.

Thank you for this opportunity.