PDA

View Full Version : IPad 1 + newest update = crash when loading

Sputnick
11-20-2014, 12:10 AM
As the title says. I stupidly updated Modern War to it's most recent version, and now the game fails to load.
Before the update, typically I could play 15 minutes up to 2 hours before the game would crash.
Today however the game crashed while working on the FLTQ. The result of the crash was the loss of 800 energy and roll back on completed hits. Logged back in and was missing energy and hits on the target. Logged back out and logged back in, same result. Restarted the iPad and logged back in. Still same result, account missing energy and credit for hits.
Updated the game and attempted to log back in. Game crashed in main tke screen. Erased the game and reinstalled. Same crash.

I need help or suggestions. Last I checked multiple accounts can not be played on iOS like War of Nation.

Z-Infierno
11-20-2014, 01:00 AM
my friend welcome aboard I got and Ipod 2 and its having same issues from 2 weeks ago I sent a ticket but GREE still silent from there no even that customize answer that they always sent. Iīve installed versions 4.3.1 and 4.4 but no luck game require new update and new update is not working. Ivenīt found any solution so far. GREE the best solution for this big issue is say to us that you canīt give anymore support to older versions so in that case we dont waste time trying to found a solution.

Z-Infierno
11-20-2014, 01:10 AM
here an update of what GREE is doing about it. Hopefully for Christmas we got it fix up

http://forums.gree.net/showthread.php?101398-Current-Modern-War-Crash-Status-Update/page69

Agent Orange
11-20-2014, 04:25 AM
As it stands right now any of my IOS devices not on IOS 8.1 or later crash during the loading of the game if they were updated to MW 4.5.2. So that means, iPAd 1st gen, iPhone 4, iPod 4th gens are ALL locked out because none support IOS 8 or newer.

And I reported this when this mess first started, as did many other people. And no we do not want to buy new IOS devices to play a game that runs poorly on the devices still left that can get past the log in screen!

As suggested,

1 drop Game Centre auto log in!
2 remove all the new features such as the news centre or whatever you call it that tracks events in the game
3 reduce number of buildings, units and whatever else is causing the bloated data set
4 stop the server push or sync that appears to be taking place and using up stupid amounts of bandwidth during log in, on devices with low memory this will crash them
5 fire your beta testing manager or get them to listen to their tester, if this is not the problem, fire the product manager, if the problem is higher up the food chain fire that person or persons
6 get beta testers that have a broader range of devices not just the latest and listen to them when they report an issue
7 whoever is in charge must issue a formal apology

Ronbo
11-20-2014, 05:31 AM
I too have an Ipad 1st gen. Suffering the same crash at game startup. I completely agree with Sputnick. BTW still waiting for apple to refund my last vault purchase although I have spent hundreds of $$$ over the past 1.5 years. I will never play another game from this company. :mad:

Sputnick
11-20-2014, 10:21 AM
Ronbo - it's all in how you word your request. Make sure you've contacted Gree first. I know they will deny the refund. But Apple will also deny you until after you've tried the developer first. Second make sure they understand you've been denied by the developer, that you have paid for a service on good faith that you would be provided with said service, and have not received that service, cannot access that service, the benefit of that service was never realized because of the server errors, or what ever other reason you are seeking the refund for.
And if apple for what ever reason still denies the refund, make them aware you are filing a claim with your credit card company for a refund and threaten contacting the BBB.