PDA

View Full Version : Individual Prizing..

Evan1000
11-19-2014, 05:48 PM
With all of the complaint threads that run rampant across this forum lately I felt more than compelled to add another.. so seriously what is up with individual prizing? I mean seriously.. do I really have to try and avoid a higher ranked placement because the prize is actually worse than the tier below it? Especially for top players as their big mods make an even bigger difference even with a 1% difference. Take a look at these..

http://i.imgur.com/XtVVZU7.png

The Top 1 prize.. which should be the best prize for war as it's the hardest (and most expensive) to get.. is actually worse than the Top 6-10 prize! If I was Tam I wouldn't go for first this war..

http://i.imgur.com/9oTLXdh.png

Just a random, you know, 15% mod that's better than the prizes thousands of places above it.

http://i.imgur.com/EiQtfP7.png

Where'd all of these two digit mods come from? We don't see anymore two digit mods for another scroll through the tiers!

And the one that kills me the most..

http://i.imgur.com/86b8gL0.png

Just a random 15% gun attack in one of the lowest rankings possible. That was better than my prize last war (which I'm more than annoyed you took out but left this mod in as I loved that prize and got in twice in a row) +13% melee attack for being in the tier Top 2001-2500! So seriously GREE.. fire whatever guy is coming up with these prizes and show some sign that your team of developers actually graduated high school.. in all fairness don't lock this thread just because I said that.

The idea I've been proposing for a while now is to let us choose our rankings! (The prize for our ranking or any prize before that tier). THAT way we don't have to worry about passing our tier.. or getting a worse prize for even more time/gold spent!

Thanks for reading any forum mods out there and please be sure to pass my common sense suggestion onto the developers for further discussion!

Stubby1113
11-20-2014, 02:37 AM
Or they can just do away with them and you can focus on syndicate like you should.

huff-n-puff
11-20-2014, 02:42 AM
Yep, my wall hitter was pretty easy to place in that 19,001-20,000 tier last battle. My main scored 3001-3500, much worse prize. I was trying for that 2001-2500 but couldn't afford it. My syndicate placed top 150 so we did good but individual prize should have been better for higher individual ranks.

HavingFun
11-20-2014, 02:50 AM
TL;DR but how about all that snowfall up north. Jeez, and it's only November lol

Nighteg
11-20-2014, 02:50 AM
https://i.imgflip.com/ednvk.jpg

Evan1000
11-20-2014, 03:50 AM
Or they can just do away with them and you can focus on syndicate like you should.

I always do.. scored a good amount above our minimum.. just annoying how the individual prizing works and even you have to admit that it sucks

Evan1000
11-20-2014, 03:51 AM
Yep, my wall hitter was pretty easy to place in that 19,001-20,000 tier last battle. My main scored 3001-3500, much worse prize. I was trying for that 2001-2500 but couldn't afford it. My syndicate placed top 150 so we did good but individual prize should have been better for higher individual ranks.

That tier cost me around 400 gold so yeah it was an expensive tier.. Don't ask me how many apps I downloaded to spend that much gold

Evan1000
11-20-2014, 03:51 AM
https://i.imgflip.com/ednvk.jpg

Couldn't have said it better myself

b-w
11-20-2014, 06:38 AM
raw stats man.. it's not just about mods.. Look at the difference in raw stats on the prizes

Weasel
11-20-2014, 07:33 AM
raw stats man.. it's not just about mods.. Look at the difference in raw stats on the prizes

This.

Don't be surprised if one day Gree decides an item has to be equipped by your mafia for its modifier to be effective. If that happens, all those nice mods on weak items won't last too long.

Call it stat inflation control.

Evan1000
11-20-2014, 08:07 AM

2k in stats vs a 1% modifier I'll take any day

Evan1000
11-20-2014, 08:08 AM
This.

Don't be surprised if one day Gree decides an item has to be equipped by your mafia for its modifier to be effective. If that happens, all those nice mods on weak items won't last too long.

Call it stat inflation control.

Don't give them any ideas!

b-w
11-20-2014, 08:26 AM
I'd rather the raw stats

ant1greenyUK
11-20-2014, 09:14 AM
I'd rather the raw stats

In the long term the modifier will boost your stats a lot more than the actual item itself.

b-w
11-20-2014, 09:32 AM
In the long term the modifier will boost your stats a lot more than the actual item itself.
yeah i have a lot of mods now. I want more mods but I want to also increase my raw stats now.

smokey77
11-20-2014, 09:41 AM
I`ve often noticed a difference in the prize tiers I think a mod said before that these are adjusted nearer to the battle but I could be wrong . I always seem to end up getting similar prizes anyway and usually finish around the same place everytime . It would be nice also to see slightly better syndicate prize tiers like some kind of modifier(no matter how small) for those in top 2000-4000

Evan1000
11-26-2014, 06:26 PM
I felt the need to bump this thread, this problem is yet to be resolved or at least glanced upon by a forum mod

t12pm
11-26-2014, 06:49 PM
Raw stats are what you should be looking for as that is what the bosses work off of, mods are nice but the way the game is now attack and defense mods are worthless I'll take raw stats over a small mod any day, I a can hit 80% of the top 10 because of defense lacking so badly

Evan1000
11-27-2014, 05:40 AM
Raw stats are what you should be looking for as that is what the bosses work off of, mods are nice but the way the game is now attack and defense mods are worthless I'll take raw stats over a small mod any day, I a can hit 80% of the top 10 because of defense lacking so badly

Again, raw stats are nice but 2k makes absolutely no difference on your stats while a modifier does.. and that's the point. Attack mods give you targets in war and defense mods make you a target.

Max Power
11-27-2014, 08:34 AM
Again, raw stats are nice but 2k makes absolutely no difference on your stats while a modifier does.. and that's the point. Attack mods give you targets in war and defense mods make you a target.

raw stats add to your existing modifiers. 2k to you maybe be 20k to someone else. It has been explained above. If you dont like the prize based on your level and game play, dont make it an international crisis.

Evan1000
11-27-2014, 09:13 AM
raw stats add to your existing modifiers. 2k to you maybe be 20k to someone else. It has been explained above. If you dont like the prize based on your level and game play, dont make it an international crisis.

You would need some modifiers for 2k to become 20k.. a good 1,000% (as 100% would make it 4k, 200% 6k, etc). My modifiers would probably make it around 6k onto my stats.

And also.. 20k isn't much difference either.. especially if you have 1,000% in modifiers

Disboyer
11-27-2014, 10:40 AM
Also the 3rd individual price.. 10% hideout damage, why the hell is that a Individual 3rd place reward.

No one who spends a lot of gold on this game would even care about hideout damage.. This hideout damage thing should be a syndicate price for top 100 or something, not individual rank 3. lol

kimberleyj
11-27-2014, 11:02 AM
the raw stats for the tiers for war have been the same for such a long time (most you can get a better raw attack/def from rp weapons) . i think they need to update that part of the weapons.

Evan1000
11-27-2014, 11:04 AM
Also the 3rd individual price.. 10% hideout damage, why the hell is that a Individual 3rd place reward.

No one who spends a lot of gold on this game would even care about hideout damage.. This hideout damage thing should be a syndicate price for top 100 or something, not individual rank 3. lol

Thank you! I thought the same thing, hideout damage shouldn't be a (very) high placement award because the last thing I'm sure those guys care about is hideout damage.. I for one would love a hideout damage mod, I always thought it would be a cool wrapper prize for epic boss.. 20% hideout damage

Evan1000
11-27-2014, 11:13 AM
the raw stats for the tiers for war have been the same for such a long time (most you can get a better raw attack/def from rp weapons) . i think they need to update that part of the weapons.

That would be the common sense thing to do but they're afraid "stat inflation" would get worse.. if they cared about stat inflation they wouldn't have given the street assault prizes the stats that they have, not make the individual prizes not stack

Joe_V
11-27-2014, 11:39 AM

But modifiers will not kill bosses in the short or long term.

Weasel
11-27-2014, 12:01 PM
That would be the common sense thing to do but they're afraid "stat inflation" would get worse.. if they cared about stat inflation they wouldn't have given the street assault prizes the stats that they have, not make the individual prizes not stack

Why do you think in SA we are only awarded prizes for our tiers? The war prizes have lower stats specifically because we get to win so many at once and because the individual prizes do stack.

Everything in this game has a balance. Sometimes it is a very strange balance, but all worked out very carefully regardless.

I don't believe Gree is concerned stat inflation would "get worse". Stat inflation is a nevessary evil and they know it. They also know there is no reason for inflation to be allowed to run wild at an uncontrolled pace. So in an event where we get many items with modifiers that stack with previously earned identical items, the raw stats are a bit lower. In an event where we get one item with mods that do not stack, the raw stats are higher.

This is not rocket science. And if this were a big enough issue more people would choose to vote with their wallets. As always, if people spend even though they don't like the prizes up for grabs, nothing will change. The thing is, people may not like the prizes much, but they dislike the idea of not getting the prizes or someone else getting the prizes even more. So they spend anyways.

Evan1000
11-27-2014, 12:33 PM
But modifiers will not kill bosses in the short or long term.

Neither will these 8k stat items which will barely add onto my raw attack in the short term and not at all in the long term.

Evan1000
11-27-2014, 12:35 PM
Everything in this game has a balance. Sometimes it is a very strange balance, but all worked out very carefully regardless.

People with 1 bil attack and 500m defense is balanced? A very strange balance indeed

Thatkidyouknow
11-27-2014, 12:39 PM
People with 1 bil attack and 500m defense is balanced? A very strange balance indeed

If people had higher defense than attack, who would be able to attack them on their RL. Having a higher attack than defense similar to people on your RL opens more people up including you.

Weasel
11-27-2014, 12:41 PM
Neither will these 8k stat items which will not barely add onto my raw attack in the short term and not at all in the long term.

You're not supposed to be able to continue killing bosses in the long term. Boss health is supposed to increase faster than you can keep up with, resulting in gold use either to beat the boss or to keep up with the stats so you don't need gold directly on the boss. If they hand out a lot of strong items they will just raise boss health faster, so while the stats on items and everything else have increased, nothing has changed.

Be careful what you ask of Gree. They're not here to make you happy.

Weasel
11-27-2014, 12:43 PM

Attack will always outweigh defence. You can't have a PvP game where defence is greater than attack because you end up with a situation where nobody can attack you, but you can't attack anyone else either. If that's what you want, go play sim city.

Nighteg
11-27-2014, 04:09 PM
1) About a year and a half ago everyone's defense was stronger than their attack. And it was working just fine. Then they started giving out the endless attack mods (CJ admitted it was their new "strategy").
2) It's not a PvP game, that's the biggest bull**** i've heard. PvP in itself is probably the least interesting portion of the game for the majority of players. And you can easily rob players with higher def than your atk, so your argument is invalid.

Weasel
11-27-2014, 04:27 PM
1) My defence has never been equal to or greater than my attack, and the same can be said for 99% of those I have ever associated with since the game launched.

2) This game is absolutely a PvP game, otherwise there would not be any reason to include any type of measure of strength. Regarding robberies, being able to rob people who have a defence stronger than your attack has always been the case, and in some ways representative of real life robberies. I may not be able to beat up someone who is 6'6" and 280lbs. of muscle, but if they left their home unattended and I wanted to clean them out all I would have to do is plan it and then do it.

Without PvP, what is this game? A city builder where you have the option of doing PvE missions that increase your level, pay low amounts of cash, and drop items that are of no use. There are hundreds of similar games available, so the PvP aspect is one of the things that sets this game apart from the pack.

Evan1000
11-27-2014, 05:04 PM
You're not supposed to be able to continue killing bosses in the long term. Boss health is supposed to increase faster than you can keep up with, resulting in gold use either to beat the boss or to keep up with the stats so you don't need gold directly on the boss. If they hand out a lot of strong items they will just raise boss health faster, so while the stats on items and everything else have increased, nothing has changed.

Be careful what you ask of Gree. They're not here to make you happy.

And you think that's the smart thing to do?

Evan1000
11-27-2014, 05:05 PM
Attack will always outweigh defence. You can't have a PvP game where defence is greater than attack because you end up with a situation where nobody can attack you, but you can't attack anyone else either. If that's what you want, go play sim city.

Never said there was anything wrong with it but I was using it as an example as to how this game is far from balanced

Weasel
11-27-2014, 05:15 PM
Never said there was anything wrong with it but I was using it as an example as to how this game is far from balanced

That IS the balance. Balance in this game does not mean 1 = 1. It means regardless of the numbers you will always have people to attack and rob. The gaining of stats does not affect the PvP experience.

And you think that's the smart thing to do?

It's near impossible to discuss "smart" in relation to anything involving the design of this game.

Evan1000
11-27-2014, 05:35 PM
It's near impossible to discuss "smart" in relation to anything involving the design of this game.

Exactly.. why this thread exists, to help make this game better.. or at least try to, considering any mod looks at this thread

Tadaah, at least give us you're famous 'I'll pass this along to the developers' and I'll be happy

Weasel
11-27-2014, 05:52 PM
Something doesn't have to be smart to make sense. There is nothing wrong with the individual prizing.