PDA

View Full Version : Looks like Tadaah is hanging out in KA

Toby_Bear
11-19-2014, 05:38 PM
Little green light is on as well

Kefa
11-19-2014, 05:41 PM
Bigger headaches there than here. Entire WD battle mechanics changed overnight.

headfaction
11-19-2014, 05:45 PM
Little green light is on as well

Yeah cleaning that mess up lol. That's what they get not listening to us customers and changing things without communication.

Tadaaah
11-19-2014, 05:52 PM
Oh just you wait! ;)

https://i.imgflip.com/1bhm.jpg

Led
11-19-2014, 06:10 PM
Thank you for stopping by :)

hades
11-19-2014, 06:17 PM
Just wait til they implement those changes in MW. Then the will really hit the fan!

Tadaaah
11-19-2014, 06:20 PM
Just wait til they implement those changes in MW. Then the will really hit the fan!

The system is actually really cool. It is more of a simulated battle than the old system. Yes, it is likely to make an appearance, but with improvements and kinks worked out beforehand.

Kefa
11-19-2014, 06:24 PM

Well, I can say it will be a good way to turnover most of the client base if they do. Personally, I won't keep playing if my character stats suddenly don't matter and it's all determined by some new, un-seeable elements.

Jaded Fusion
11-19-2014, 06:25 PM
The system is actually really cool. It is more of a simulated battle than the old system. Yes, it is likely to make an appearance, but with improvements and kinks worked out beforehand.

Interesting, personally I just read all the ka new calculations. If it becomes the norm to lose to people with much lower stats then mine I'll quit by the way lmao...

Further more then has to be a way to tell if you will beat someone without a doubt. Otherwise the guessing game becomes annoying, money gets wasted on refills, people get frustrated, people quit.....

Kefa
11-19-2014, 06:31 PM

It may be a cool system, but would be much cooler if released in a brand new title or at least a new, separate event. Taking a system that has been in place for almost two years in a game and changing it so drastically that it completely negates most everything the players have built toward thus far is only going to make the long term customers quit.

At least give your customers fair warning so they don't bother continuing to spend money toward building stats that secretly soon won't matter anymore.

In fact, describe the system in detail before it's released, and let your paying customers vote whether it's something they'd like to buy.

hades
11-19-2014, 06:31 PM

I've seen it and I can tell you that there are a lot of kinks to be ironed out. The massive changes will upset many players that have spent a lot of time and money on their stats.

Tadaaah
11-19-2014, 06:51 PM
Interesting, personally I just read all the ka new calculations. If it becomes the norm to lose to people with much lower stats then mine I'll quit by the way lmao...

Further more then has to be a way to tell if you will beat someone without a doubt. Otherwise the guessing game becomes annoying, money gets wasted on refills, people get frustrated, people quit.....

Every player that has given us their account to be looked into stats play out correctly. I think that part of the reason for confusion maybe the largest numbers are used and that players aren't taking into account that the other players Attack matters as well. It is more of an actual battle simulation.

Let see if I can try and explain it a little bit. See you have X attack which is larger then Y defense of opposing player, but the opposing player has an even bigger attack to defense difference then your attack to their defense. Guess what that means there's a chance you may lose, because in a real battle, there would be a chance that you would lose. Does that make some sense? Their attack to your defense matters as well. It's not all one-sided anymore. Yes, it's more complex, but it's more competitive and ultimately more interesting. They are looking at ways to make the display easier to understand, because posting the actual calculation would just confuse more people then provide an explanation. It is an awesome complex formula.

It may be a cool system, but would be much cooler if released in a brand new title or at least a new, separate event. Taking a system that has been in place for almost two years in a game and changing it so drastically that it completely negates most everything the players have built toward thus far is only going to make the long term customers quit.

At least give your customers fair warning so they don't bother continuing to spend money toward building stats that secretly soon won't matter anymore.

In fact, describe the system in detail before it's released, and let your paying customers vote whether it's something they'd like to buy.

It's actually doing the opposite. It isn't negating your old stats at all; it is making them more useful. We are working on better messaging with the other titles for this feature. We'll also be hosting another AMA for KA after Thanksgiving. Might be worth sitting in on, in case, it makes an appearance over here.

Captain Buck Slayer
11-19-2014, 06:55 PM
Every player that has given us their account to be looked into stats play out correctly. I think that part of the reason for confusion maybe the largest numbers are used and that players aren't taking into account that the other players Attack matters as well. It is more of an actual battle simulation.

Let see if I can try and explain it a little bit. See you have X attack which is larger then Y defense of opposing player, but the opposing player has an even bigger attack to defense difference then your attack to their defense. Guess what that means there's a chance you may lose, because in a real battle, there would be a chance that you would lose. Does that make some sense? Their attack to your defense matters as well. It's not all one-sided anymore. Yes, it's more complex, but it's more competitive and ultimately more interesting. They are looking at ways to make the display easier to understand, because posting the actual calculation would just confuse more people then provide an explanation. It is an awesome complex formula.

It's actually doing the opposite. It isn't negating your old stats at all; it is making them more useful. We are working on better messaging with the other titles for this feature. We'll also be hosting another AMA for KA after Thanksgiving. Might be worth sitting in on, in case, it makes an appearance over here. That sounds pretty cool tadaaah!

Tadaaah
11-19-2014, 06:57 PM
That sounds pretty cool tadaaah!

I think so too! The KA team put in a lot of work on the feature and are continuing to try and improve it. It is a little rocky and confusing right now, but I think they'll get that worked out. It's more in-depth in my opinion, but then again, I'm classically a console player so maybe that's why I enjoy it so much.

headfaction
11-19-2014, 07:02 PM
I think so too! The KA team put in a lot of work on the feature and are continuing to try and improve it. It is a little rocky and confusing right now, but I think they'll get that worked out. It's more in-depth in my opinion, but then again, I'm classically a console player so maybe that's why I enjoy it so much.

You guys picked up the wrong book over at gree headquarters "how to lose players and money quick for dummies".... Lmfao.

dan2407
11-19-2014, 07:04 PM
So you guys are talking about introducing a massive new feature into the biggest event in the game and you haven't even found a fix to the fact half of your paying customers can't even get into the game? Sort your priorities out for god sake

Captain Buck Slayer
11-19-2014, 07:08 PM
So you guys are talking about introducing a massive new feature into the biggest event in the game and you haven't even found a fix to the fact half of your paying customers can't even get into the game? Sort your priorities out for god sake
I believe that tadaaah said the fix for that is coming in the next update? Dont quote me on that but i think thats what he said

dan2407
11-19-2014, 07:10 PM
If the have a fix for it like they say why haven't they told us exactly what the problem is, there are plenty of programmers on the forum who play the game and could help and understand it, I really believe they don't have a clue what went wrong

Kefa
11-19-2014, 07:18 PM

It's actually doing the opposite. It isn't negating your old stats at all; it is making them more useful. We are working on better messaging with the other titles for this feature. We'll also be hosting another AMA for KA after Thanksgiving. Might be worth sitting in on, in case, it makes an appearance over here.

Your logic is flawed. If a .30cal weapon is fired at a vehicle, the damage the .30 cal bullet (attack) will cause to the vehicle is entirely 100% dependent on the vehicle's armor (defense). The damage caused will be the same whether the vehicle is equipped with a .22cal pistol or a 50mm cannon. In the real world, Atk causes the same damage to a target based on its defense, regardless of how much attack strength the target has. If the target's defense is less than the strength of the attack, the target is defeated and does not get to fire back.

If you are changing MW to a turn-based mechanic where the attack is absorbed, then the target gets a turn to fire back and damage the attacker, then the attacker gets another shot, and so on, until health is depleted by one or the other, that is an entirely new game - not the one we have been investing in all this time.

Create a new tittle, and implement these new mechanics into the new game so people can choose to play that kind of game instead or keep playing this game if they want.

Seriously, take heed - if we wanted a game that different, we'd be looking for one.

DEWIN NUTTIN
11-19-2014, 07:25 PM
Your logic is flawed. If a .30cal weapon is fired at a vehicle, the damage the .30 cal bullet (attack) will cause to the vehicle is entirely 100% dependent on the vehicle's armor (defense). The damage caused will be the same whether the vehicle is equipped with a .22cal pistol or a 50mm cannon. In the real world, Atk causes the same damage to a target based on its defense, regardless of how much attack strength the target has. If the target's defense is less than the strength of the attack, the target is defeated and does not get to fire back.

If you are changing MW to a turn-based mechanic where the attack is absorbed, then the target gets a turn to fire back and damage the attacker, then the attacker gets another shot, and so on, until health is depleted by one or the other, that is an entirely new game - not the one we have been investing in all this time.

Create a new tittle, and implement these new mechanics into the new game so people can choose to play that kind of game instead or keep playing this game if they want.

Seriously, take heed - if we wanted a game that different, we'd be looking for one.

This requires its own thread.
All I can do is reply humbly to your wise admonition.
Take heed to this post.
It is filled with great wisdom.
I now defer to you, sir.
Thank you.

Speed ump
11-19-2014, 07:43 PM
Hey kefa, they've been changing this game on us since it came out. Too bad much of it isn't based on what most of us have asked for over time. Listening to customers really isn't their strong suit. Chuck I might suggest that by posting here, you're defeated the purpose of dewin nuttin. You have engaged in sumtin. Now that's a real dilemma.

DEWIN NUTTIN
11-19-2014, 08:20 PM
Hey kefa, they've been changing this game on us since it came out. Too bad much of it isn't based on what most of us have asked for over time. Listening to customers really isn't their strong suit. Chuck I might suggest that by posting here, you're defeated the purpose of dewin nuttin. You have engaged in sumtin. Now that's a real dilemma.

Happy holidays to you and your-n-, buddy.
DEWIN NUTTIN means DEWIN NUTTIN in da game.
All DEW NUTTINS nose its okay to DEW SUMPIN on dee forum. LOL

Napgar
11-19-2014, 08:43 PM
Yes, Kefa, you're correct - it would be a different game like "World of Tanks" for instance - could be a fine concept for MW but it would again be in the disadvantage of long-time players if they change it overnight...

andy2
11-19-2014, 09:55 PM
I think it is hysterical that in game issues at an all time high (which is really saying something), forum communication from mods at an all time low (surprising because i thought that is what these new community managers were brought here to do), and so many player suggestions getting ignored, that your main priority seems to be implementing major changes to one of the two biggest features keeping you player base here (1 being factions and teammates, 2 being the game itself is fun... it just never works).

Gree shows once again that it has its priorities all wrong. These issues could be so simply fixed by taking events very slowly, while code bugs are worked out and people regain access to the game, and by hiring one person to focus on their highest grossing game who actual knows how to communicate with a player base. The fact that entire events run with major glitches before a support staff even can notice and then so little is communicated back to us is the major problem. How such a high grossing game can be so understaffed is a tragedy and will lead to its demise. Yes, it feels like the support staff is never here, they are asked to do too much because Gree is too cheap to hire adequate staff. It doesn't mean they are good at handling it, because they aren't, but the company as a whole is to blame.

The number of nuked bases I see is at an all time high, the frustration I see in mine and other top 10 factions is noticeably increasing. I beg you to actually show some common sense and slow down, actually communicate with us when asked, e honest, if you cant say then say you cant. And for the love of god, fix the game we all used to enjoy before you go about trying to implement more broken changes and lose the rest of your player base.

Mcm2013
11-19-2014, 11:03 PM
Unless it can display somewhat where it can make sense I will finally just give up. There is already enough guessing in the game. Sorry but gree keep trying to create new crap without old stuff ever working. I'd rather them fix the current huge mess and hold events than be planning for their next money sucking adventure

Stumps
11-19-2014, 11:19 PM
How about you fix the massive problems with the current game mechanics first. You havent even addressed these in the forum!

Lance Link
11-20-2014, 03:22 AM

Oh my! Now I am scared!
It appears we are doomed.

sstuutss
11-20-2014, 03:59 AM
and kinks worked out beforehand.

hmmmm beforehand..... what an interesting idea, its a wonder someone hadnt thought of that 'soon'er

while it would be a nice change to have.....well anything that was kink free.....I dont think I'll hold my brethe waiting for it if you dont mind

Jclarke
11-20-2014, 05:52 AM
hmm, this smells and tastes like the BS flavored kool aid gree served up to us in answer to the skill point questions.

JimmyThePick
11-20-2014, 06:22 AM

@Tadaaah So to paraphrase, the new combat algorithm is essentially summing both opponents’ attack and defense stats (with some additional random elements) and then determining a winner. In a nutshell, Player1's (attack+defense) vs. Player2's (attack+defense). This probably isn't going to have the desired effect on the user base that Gree is anticipating. Frankly I agree with Kefa's remarks, your logic is flawed.

Tuck
11-20-2014, 06:47 AM

So what your saying is, attackers attack score is vs opponents attack score now,or the sum of his/her att & def?
That explains why I would lose to someone when my att was triple my oppenents def in beta...
Even lost with a Power Attack.
The "confusion" as you call it, is because the battle screen is the SAME as we're all used to (att vs def), plus the added new equipment values. Which btw are in the 10's, so hard to imagine they'd have a huge affect on the battle result when att/def values are in the billions.

I think beta testers get a bad rap, they put this out with NO explanation whatsoever, or details of the mechanics of the battle scenario, & expect feedback. All I can give feedback on is anomalies in the game,& screenshots of absurdly lopsided losses. The beta team has NEVER answered my questions during tests, so most of the time don't know if it's working as designed or not. Lol

Adm.
11-20-2014, 07:07 AM
While it's often said to be the testers fault, I'm sure we all realize it's not actually you guys, but rather who you report to.

Agent Orange
11-20-2014, 07:28 AM
So what your saying is, attackers attack score is vs opponents attack score now,or the sum of his/her att & def?
That explains why I would lose to someone when my att was triple my oppenents def in beta...
Even lost with a Power Attack.
The "confusion" as you call it, is because the battle screen is the SAME as we're all used to (att vs def), plus the added new equipment values. Which btw are in the 10's, so hard to imagine they'd have a huge affect on the battle result when att/def values are in the billions.

I think beta testers get a bad rap, they put this out with NO explanation whatsoever, or details of the mechanics of the battle scenario, & expect feedback. All I can give feedback on is anomalies in the game,& screenshots of absurdly lopsided losses. The beta team has NEVER answered my questions during tests, so most of the time don't know if it's working as designed or not. Lol

Ah so it is higher up the food chain that is not listening. Appreciate the information hope you do not get sanctioned for being honest.

rushabhc
11-20-2014, 07:55 AM
looking cool!!!

killbillbst
11-20-2014, 08:13 AM
How about getting MW fixed and working before you start messing with it again because you just know there will be yet another screw up.

Biker
11-20-2014, 08:29 AM
Gree, I have a truck that is out of gas, So using your logic I will replace the motor to see if that helps get it running again.

Priorities PLEASE.

Just fix the current game or admit that you can't so your just gonna change it, then we can decide to stay or leave MW for good.

Yahoo
11-20-2014, 09:36 AM
Whatever you do solve iOS problems first! I don't dare update!!!

Mcdoc
11-20-2014, 12:03 PM
. . . Yes, it is likely to make an appearance, but with improvements and kinks worked out beforehand.

Kinks worked out beforehand?

Woah - wait a minute

That goes against everything we've ever seen and are used to. That's not the kind of game we've been playing and those radical changes (testing to make sure it works) might be too much for most players to handle

Now Lucy - would you please hold the football so I can try to kick another Field Goal :-)

I keed

I keed :-)