PDA

View Full Version : [AMA] Hero Equip and Crafting

Tadaaah
11-18-2014, 04:14 PM
Hey Summoners,

We'll be hosting an AMA tomorrow, November 19, from 4pm PST-5pm PST! Don't miss out on getting to ask all your questions on the new features, Hero Equip and Crafting.

We'll be joined by Derez and WaffleKing! Remember to tell your friends and join us!

Thanks!

Lys
11-18-2014, 05:15 PM
Only an hour window again, hey?

Just a suggestion, Tadaaah, but I'd also suggest perhaps, if you all plan to makes these a thing, to also do a bit of Q and A type things... let folks have a few days to offer up questions, then lock the thread and make a nice Q&A post after sifting through and answering all relevant questions that are related to the game. Just a suggestion, mind you.

Waltonfox
11-18-2014, 05:24 PM
i appreciate you dont want to be answering questions for what might seem a long time but an hour will not be sufficient to answer the questions that will be flooding in from this change in the game.

I have read and re-read how this new system is being played and still dont have a clue, so please, as the first reply states.....please spend longer on this or close the thread and answer as many as you can that have a common theme.

grizzlybear
11-18-2014, 06:41 PM
Hey Summoners,

We'll be hosting an AMA tomorrow, November 19, from 4pm PST-5pm PST! Don't miss out on getting to ask all your questions on the new features, Hero Equip and Crafting.

We'll be joined by Derez and WaffleKing! Remember to tell your friends and join us!

Thanks!

Will you remove crafting building from game please and thank you

Shadows
11-19-2014, 12:02 AM
Will you remove crafting building from game please and thank you

I appreciate that you probably wanna get your post count up, but this is at least the third time you've posted the same thing (and you did it twice in this thread??)

Whether or not Gree reads it, the community here does, and many of us don't want to read the same thing posted in different threads by the same person... thx!

Saint-BEL
11-19-2014, 02:12 AM
I hope you do realize that at 4 PM PST, which is in my time zone 1 AM (european) you will only have a very limited screening :)

Perhaps a Q&A thread might indeed be better suited as was suggested before.

Tadaaah
11-19-2014, 10:21 AM
A Q&A thread may happen in the future. We actually tried that when I first came on with Modern War. We couldn't get answers out for 6 weeks. This works for now (it guarantees you get answers), until we can get the other sorted out with a harder deadline enforced across departments. This is the time they were available. We'll try to switch it up and see if we can't get any larger windows of time in the future.

grizzlybear
11-19-2014, 01:01 PM
I appreciate that you probably wanna get your post count up, but this is at least the third time you've posted the same thing (and you did it twice in this thread??)

Whether or not Gree reads it, the community here does, and many of us don't want to read the same thing posted in different threads by the same person... thx!

Didn't mean to post in the same spot really just waiting on answer I already know before I delete ka

KillaDon
11-19-2014, 02:44 PM
Grizzlybear..... You and everyone else knows agree is NOT gonna remove the crafting building so if your waiting for that answer to figure out whether you delete the game then you mise well delete it. It's not gonna happen as it's a new style to the game gree has released. We are all gonna have to just adapt to it or you can do what you say you are gonna do and stop playing. It's a choice all of us have and we are all free to make that choice. Not trying to be a a$$ just being honest.

Tadaaah
11-19-2014, 04:01 PM
Q&A starts now!

Jnsolberg
11-19-2014, 04:02 PM
Thanks to the developers for coming to help us understand the new changes. I would like explanations / clarifications on the following points:

1). We have this new game logic for determining who wins battles, but we have no idea how it really works!

We do know that it uses unit attack and defense, equipment attack and defense and Hero attack and defense. But we do not know the ratios.
Is it 34%, 33%, 33%?
60%, 25%, 15%?
20%, 60%, 20%?
Something else?
Is defense weighted heavier than attack?

To spring this on us with no explanation the day before a war was unconscionable.

I've seen a plea for ONE stat that will help us to understand who will win a battle or raid. That would be a GREAT thing to do. Keep the unit, equipment and hero stats, so we can work on improving them, but roll them into a "master stat" so we can determine the outcome of battles better. Right now it's just a roll of the dice.

2). I don't see any value for the vouchers we worked so hard to get during guild events. A Pumpkin Head, without a boost, worth 13/13 for 39/39 in the Icabod Chain Raid Boss event instead of the previous RB prize of the Cutthroat Cultist 302k/177k unit with a +3% alliance size increase? It seems that you have lost touch with reality. Or maybe you just haven't explained how the pumpkin head is better. I sure don't see the pumpkin head as being worth much of anything at all.

3). The individual rewards in the war were a joke. I won a Wand of Affliction 68/45. My oldest game has 138 weapons stronger than that. Of course, it did replace a weaker weapon, but not much of a gain that I can see.

4). Skill points. I never saw any use for attack or defensive skill points. So I never got any. Suddenly, that all changed. Will we be able to reset our skill points?

5). Crafting. So far, all I can see are some weak weapons and armor, and some new foot and head gear and artifacts. Since we didn't have any head and foot gear and artifacts before, they do increase hero attack and defense a little bit. Better for killing mobs, and less need for Hero skill points. But the weapons and armor are not very good. You can buy stuff in the store and get better stuff dropped on the maps. So far, I don't see much value to crafting. We have had a bit of vague info, but it's not very helpful.

6). A suggestion: How about when we pick a trial, we have a choice of a trial with units as prizes (like we have now), or a trial with items as prizes? I have old games with lots of strong items, and newer games with very few items. The choice would help us out.

Vile Lynn
Nevermind... I'll just read.

Thanks.

Marabout Khidir
Hello from Celtic Angel Warriors. Thanks for talking with us tonight. It's late here (Europe), but we are very eager to ask you some questions. Sorry if some of them repeats previous questions. But first let us thank you for some very exciting new features! Even though the release of the update was unfortunate, we do hope these new features will improve the game when everything is working properly and everyone understands the new way of playing the game. So, here we go:

- How is the Hero Strength and Hero Defense calculated?
- Which skillpoint(s) affect Hero Strength and Hero Defense and by how much?
- How does the other skillpoints affect the other categories of stats?
- Does your level affects your stats? In that case which stats and by how much?
- Is there any other parameters/algorithm that affects the outcome of a PvP-fight/war rather than the three stats-categories?
- In the last war you couldn't immediately see the opponents full stats. Only after you attacked you could click and get up the full profile. Will this be changed now since we need all stats on the table to determine the outcome of a fight?
- Will you try and even out the gap in which a guy with considerably lower Units-stats can win over a guy with high stats? Yes, "best of 2 out of 3", but still, this gap is too big to be fun. We would wish that you put in an algorithm stat stops this gap at, let's say 20% higher than your own.
- When will our extra allies return (for us that won those kind of bonuses in the past)?
- When can we upgrade the Crafting Workshop?
- And get some decent recipes to craft?
- Will there be any new guild-bonuses now to complement these new updates? Like a Army Equipment-bonus?
- Will you compensate us in any way as an excuse for how things went haywire when the war started?

And a sincere request from everyone in Celtic Angel Warriors:
Please, please GREE: don't launch any updates right before a war again, but rather after it is over.

discprodigy
11-19-2014, 04:04 PM
Hi Tadaaah,

I will start with three questions.

1. Is there a plan for a skill point reset, if so, when is this planned for release and what will be the cost?

2. Will higher stat weapons and armor be craft able compared to what's currently available?

3. Did gree foresee the obsolescence of "power minis" with this change to hero strength and the new attack calculations?

the_bob
11-19-2014, 04:09 PM
Well, my questions have already been asked, but I'll reiterate.

1) It was implied that our Army Attack (units) and Army Defense (units) was still the "main source" of determining who wins. Sadly, this does not seem to be the case as I can attack someone who is hundreds of millions lower than me but still lose because my Army and Hero Equipment were lower. Can you please explain the mechanics in full? How are is it determined who wins?

2) How are our stats calculated? As far as I can tell, Attack and Defense (Equip) are our raw numbers totaled from our equipment with no bonuses added, but I cannot figure out Attack (Hero) and Defense (Hero). I can see that they are modified by our skill point allotment, but can you clarify exactly how these stats are calculated, please?

3) When do we get our skill point reset?

4) On the Hero Equip tab in our profile, on the left there is a list for "Damage Bonuses". What exactly are these and what do they mean? I can see that I have +10% Infantry Defense from my Body armor and my "Total Power" is 887 and the Infantry Defense under the bonuses is +88 so I can easily tell that the 10% bonus on the armor is applying to my Total Power and giving me the bonus. I can see how they are calculated, that is simple. I just don't know what it means to have +88 Infantry Defense in Damage Bonuses.

Mogens
11-19-2014, 04:10 PM
How is army attack and defense stats calculated now? It has for sure ben changed a lot - or it doesn't calculate right at the moment.

Waffleking
11-19-2014, 04:11 PM
Hi Tadaaah,

I will start with three questions.

1. Is there a plan for a skill point reset, if so, when is this planned for release and what will be the cost?

2. Will higher stat weapons and armor be craft able compared to what's currently available?

3. Did gree foresee the obsolescence of "power minis" with this change to hero strength and the new attack calculations?

Hello Discprodigy

Yes there is a plan for a skill reset and it should be coming very soon in one of our next client deploys. We will be offering one skill reset to our entire player base for free when the feature goes live. There are plans to also offer them as rewards and prizes from our live ops events.

Yes we plan on releasing new levels for the crafting building very soon.

We were never trying to make any of your characters obsolete. We were looking to give the players a new way to grow and progress with their main characters.

the_bob
11-19-2014, 04:14 PM
Yes there is a plan for a skill reset and it should be coming very soon in one of our next client deploys. We will be offering one skill reset to our entire player base for free when the feature goes live. There are plans to also offer them as rewards and prizes from our live ops events.

Thank you, Waffleking. This one thing here makes all of the other frustrations with the game somewhat bearable. Or at least as bearable as they always have been.

Waffleking
11-19-2014, 04:18 PM
Well, my questions have already been asked, but I'll reiterate.

1) It was implied that our Army Attack (units) and Army Defense (units) was still the "main source" of determining who wins. Sadly, this does not seem to be the case as I can attack someone who is hundreds of millions lower than me but still lose because my Army and Hero Equipment were lower. Can you please explain the mechanics in full? How are is it determined who wins?

2) How are our stats calculated? As far as I can tell, Attack and Defense (Equip) are our raw numbers totaled from our equipment with no bonuses added, but I cannot figure out Attack (Hero) and Defense (Hero). I can see that they are modified by our skill point allotment, but can you clarify exactly how these stats are calculated, please?

3) When do we get our skill point reset?

4) On the Hero Equip tab in our profile, on the left there is a list for "Damage Bonuses". What exactly are these and what do they mean? I can see that I have +10% Infantry Defense from my Body armor and my "Total Power" is 887 and the Infantry Defense under the bonuses is +88 so I can easily tell that the 10% bonus on the armor is applying to my Total Power and giving me the bonus. I can see how they are calculated, that is simple. I just don't know what it means to have +88 Infantry Defense in Damage Bonuses.

Hello Bob

Derez is writing a battle calculation post that should help to explain the questions about the calculations.
What I can tell you is that if you have an army that is vastly superior to your opponents then hero equipment and army equipment are not heavily weighted enough to "cause" a loss.

sixshooter
11-19-2014, 04:19 PM
Well since Gree plans to allow a one time free skills reset, would you mind telling us how the skill calculations are weighted so we might be better informed on the best allocation of our skill points?

Marabout Khidir
11-19-2014, 04:19 PM
... We will be offering one skill reset to our entire player base for free when the feature goes live.

Give us some more info on this please Waffleking. Will this reset cover all your skillpoints, just one category, or (gods forbid...) 1 skillpoint?

Vile Lynn
11-19-2014, 04:20 PM
Thank you, Waffleking. This one thing here makes all of the other frustrations with the game somewhat bearable. Or at least as bearable as they always have been.

Didn't we already know they would be letting us reset SP's? (yes.)
What we really need is a time frame before more players win.

discprodigy
11-19-2014, 04:21 PM
It definitely would be nice to know if the skill point reset will be deployed before next war

KillaDon
11-19-2014, 04:22 PM
Give us some more info on this please Waffleking. Will this reset cover all your skillpoints, just one category, or (gods forbid...) 1 skillpoint?

If it's like they did in LAW it will be a full reset of all skill pts. I would imagine it's like that

Waffleking
11-19-2014, 04:23 PM

This item will be a consumable and will reset ALL of your skill points =)

sixshooter
11-19-2014, 04:25 PM
Switching gears, is there any plan to bring back legacy items for players who joined after they were originally offered, perhaps simply missed them the first time around, or lost them to some freak Gree Glitch? I know you are once again offering Witch's Lairs (for how long I don't know), but how about Tree Forts and Hawks Nests, etc? Without these strong defensive structures, newer players will never be competitive.

the_bob
11-19-2014, 04:25 PM
Didn't we already know they would be letting us reset SP's? (yes.)
What we really need is a time frame before more players win.

No, we didn't know this. We have asked in the past and the answer was always no. Some excuse about a debacle in MW when they gave resets out or something. I never got the details.

Hello Bob

Derez is writing a battle calculation post that should help to explain the questions about the calculations.
What I can tell you is that if you have an army that is vastly superior to your opponents then hero equipment and army equipment are not heavily weighted enough to "cause" a loss.

So can you explain what circumstances would cause a player with 1 billion attack to lose to a player with 200 million defense if not equipment stats?

truthteller
11-19-2014, 04:26 PM
Hello Bob

what do you mean by "vastly superior" cause I am 1.1 billion stats and I hit a guy with 224m DEF, yet I lost :(

Waffleking
11-19-2014, 04:27 PM
It definitely would be nice to know if the skill point reset will be deployed before next war

Hello Discprodigy

With the Apple Holiday shutdown we will have problems getting this in before the next war but we are trying to get it to our player base as soon as possible.

Marabout Khidir
11-19-2014, 04:28 PM
This item will be a consumable and will reset ALL of your skill points =)

Hehe, thanks Waffleking ;-)

Waffleking
11-19-2014, 04:28 PM
what do you mean by "vastly superior" cause I am 1.1 billion stats and I hit a guy with 224m DEF, yet I lost :(

Hello Truthteller

is your army attack 1.1 billion or are you adding up all your stats and calculating against his defense. Also if you like to post your player id we can look into this more and get you a more detailed answer.

Silent follower
11-19-2014, 04:29 PM
Hello Bob

Are you sure about this? Based on other player feedback here in the forum and own observations, I'd say that if you have much better both equipment categories and hero categories, then you win regardless of the unit difference.

You yourself wrote it takes the majority, but what we've observed that in this case majority is not >50% but slightly lower. Can you explain the amounts these three categories have of the total result?

Derez
11-19-2014, 04:33 PM
Thanks to the developers for coming to help us understand the new changes. I would like explanations / clarifications on the following points:

1). We have this new game logic for determining who wins battles, but we have no idea how it really works!

We do know that it uses unit attack and defense, equipment attack and defense and Hero attack and defense. But we do not know the ratios.
Is it 34%, 33%, 33%?
60%, 25%, 15%?
20%, 60%, 20%?
Something else?
Is defense weighted heavier than attack?

To spring this on us with no explanation the day before a war was unconscionable.

I've seen a plea for ONE stat that will help us to understand who will win a battle or raid. That would be a GREAT thing to do. Keep the unit, equipment and hero stats, so we can work on improving them, but roll them into a "master stat" so we can determine the outcome of battles better. Right now it's just a roll of the dice.

2). I don't see any value for the vouchers we worked so hard to get during guild events. A Pumpkin Head, without a boost, worth 13/13 for 39/39 in the Icabod Chain Raid Boss event instead of the previous RB prize of the Cutthroat Cultist 302k/177k unit with a +3% alliance size increase? It seems that you have lost touch with reality. Or maybe you just haven't explained how the pumpkin head is better. I sure don't see the pumpkin head as being worth much of anything at all.

3). The individual rewards in the war were a joke. I won a Wand of Affliction 68/45. My oldest game has 138 weapons stronger than that. Of course, it did replace a weaker weapon, but not much of a gain that I can see.

4). Skill points. I never saw any use for attack or defensive skill points. So I never got any. Suddenly, that all changed. Will we be able to reset our skill points?

5). Crafting. So far, all I can see are some weak weapons and armor, and some new foot and head gear and artifacts. Since we didn't have any head and foot gear and artifacts before, they do increase hero attack and defense a little bit. Better for killing mobs, and less need for Hero skill points. But the weapons and armor are not very good. You can buy stuff in the store and get better stuff dropped on the maps. So far, I don't see much value to crafting. We have had a bit of vague info, but it's not very helpful.

6). A suggestion: How about when we pick a trial, we have a choice of a trial with units as prizes (like we have now), or a trial with items as prizes? I have old games with lots of strong items, and newer games with very few items. The choice would help us out.

Jnsolberg,

Let me run through your notes in order:

1. Battle calculations now run 3 different battles between the two players. It takes the ATK / DEF stats from each group and weighs what the outcome of a battle would be. Armies have the most weight and can win a battle in cases where their power greatly out weighs their opponents. Because both players now attack and defend within a battle just having a higher attack then your opponents defense no longer guarantees a victory. This was changed so that all of the stats that players have been building now have more importance.

Army Equipment has the second highest weight in the battle outcome followed by the Hero's Equipment. We have plans to make Hero Equipment play a bigger part in other events going forward including a revamp to the next Epic Boss and some new PVP Events that we are working on.

2. This concern was address in some of the posts last Friday as well. Before 3.0 all of your stats were all dumped into one calculation so the low stats of the head piece would not help any of your stats in any way. Now that all equipment items are calculated on their own wether in your army or on your hero the lower numbers are actually comparable to your armies that are at 300k+.

3 and 5. Again, we looked at all existing items in the game and have match what these new items should be at stat wise within the new calculations. Crafting is going to be a core feature of the game going forward and Level 1 is balanced for players that would unlock it at Level 10. We are finializing the additional Levels and upgrades for the Crafting Workshop, the existing items within the game will be around the Level 4 crafting items.

4. Stat reset item coming soon, see Waffle King's post.

6. There will be other events going forward that will reward items. For a long time they dropped out of the game and with the update to Hero Equip and the addition of Crafting they will be playing a bigger part going forward.

Jnsolberg
11-19-2014, 04:38 PM
Hello Truthteller

is your army attack 1.1 billion or are you adding up all your stats and calculating against his defense. Also if you like to post your player id we can look into this more and get you a more detailed answer.

One of my games, 985-329-082 during a battle early in the war had 543m unit attack, 20.9k EQ attack and 1198 Hero attack. He lost to an opponent with 141m unit defense, 142k EQ defense and 3642 hero defense.
Dure to a display bug, that 142k EQ defense was actually his EQ attack. His real EQ defense was @ 117k

We met that same team a couple of days later when my player improved his EQ attack to @ 30k. Still lost

KillaDon
11-19-2014, 04:39 PM
I still have to disagree. How is it my 278mil unit attack and my 38k equip attack beats a guy who I hit in war who had a 115mil unit defense and 80k equip defense 20x BUT in that same war I moved to a higher level(not much higher) with 120mil unit defense and 90k equip defense but could not best him for anything not even on a MEGA. Please explain this.

[JAG] Ryan
11-19-2014, 04:42 PM
Hi

i also saw some members who had Superior army stats (but lower army equip stats) and who lost in last war. By superior i mean that their army stats were like 2 bil in attack while the def from the opponent was far below 1 bil. So oviously there must be other relations in factors playing a significant role.

However, when can we expect to get this battle calculation info?

Also what happens to items with boosts which are not equipped to hero. Is the army using them instead or just the plain item stat without any boosts?

Also can you please explain how in detail the army equip stats and hero stats are calculated and what exact role the skill points play on this

the_bob
11-19-2014, 04:45 PM
Few more simple questions.

1) Will Conquest Attack bonus be fixed soon? Also, will this stat boost your equipment numbers or just your army numbers?

2) How does a Mega Attack work, now? Is it only applied to army unit stats or does it also affect equipment as well? Is it still +50%?

I hear you say that Army unit stats far outweigh equipment stats and I'm sure it's supposed to work that way on paper, but in practice there is something very, very wrong. I strongly urge you to comb over that code again.

Vile Lynn
11-19-2014, 04:45 PM
Just a comment from a player, from FUN to free, a Forum Knight, and has been playing since KA launched...

I loved the game the way it was. You had a great game!

All of these changes are interesting, but not for me. If I wanted to play a new app, I would have.

I hope it works out. Good luck in the future. :)
Cheers!

KillaDon
11-19-2014, 04:52 PM
Thought we were getting a battle calculation which in theory would include numbers and what's on what?? This answer is vary vague and still leaves us in the complete dark where we have been since this new style launched. Sorry just seems we are running out of time and gonna be left with no answer

Tadaaah
11-19-2014, 04:53 PM
We'll keep answering questions past the deadline.

Derez
11-19-2014, 04:55 PM
- Is there any other parameters/algorithm that affects the outcome of a PvP-fight/war rather than the three stats-categories?
- In the last war you couldn't immediately see the opponents full stats. Only after you attacked you could click and get up the full profile. Will this be changed now since we need all stats on the table to determine the outcome of a fight?
- Will you try and even out the gap in which a guy with considerably lower Units-stats can win over a guy with high stats? Yes, "best of 2 out of 3", but still, this gap is too big to be fun. We would wish that you put in an algorithm stat stops this gap at, let's say 20% higher than your own.
- When will our extra allies return (for us that won those kind of bonuses in the past)?
- Will there be any new guild-bonuses now to complement these new updates? Like a Army Equipment-bonus?
- Will you compensate us in any way as an excuse for how things went haywire when the war started?

And a sincere request from everyone in Celtic Angel Warriors:
Please, please GREE: don't launch any updates right before a war again, but rather after it is over.

Celtic Angel Warriors,

Answered in my reply post to Jnsolberg.

Hero Strength is currently the only stat that affects Hero ATK / DEF. We plan to allow players to re-spec their character and have discussed additional changes to the skills system to make them more in line with where the game is going but that is still in the air.

Your level does not directly affect your stats. However, crafting items will be level locked requiring players to be at a higher level to have the most powerful items in the game.

There are no additional factors outside of what I mentioned in my other post.

We actually wanted to make other changes to the outcome display but some of our team was worried about changing it too much. The original design awarded points to each player for each category which made it apparent where you may have been failing. The main concern was that all of the large stats would no longer be shown and it may have felt too disconnected and confusing.

This will even out. In the case of a 20% gap it should not be happening but with everyone not having items for armies or hero it is possible that it created a bigger initial gap than anticipated.

This is actually just a display bug and will be fixed in the next update. All of your allies are actually being calculated correctly.

We are still testing some features and balance with the additional levels and hope to have more levels out very soon. We have planned up to level 10 but the next update may max out at level 5 as our team has also been busy with our next update.

Better crafting coming with higher levels.

We are looking at new bonuses but it is currently not at the top of our todo list.

Going forward we will be working on better ways to communicate and plan out new feature releases so that this type of issue happens again.

Vile Lynn
11-19-2014, 04:56 PM
Tadaaah, please don't lock this thread when the AMA is over so the convo can continue among the players. Maybe move it to a sticky in General? This info is too important.

sixshooter
11-19-2014, 04:57 PM
If you ask me, Gree should do the calculations and provide us with one "battle score" so we would know who we can beat and who we can't. If I wanted to do math problems I'd go back to school. I play KA to relax not to try and wrack my brain on complex math formulas. A simple aggregate score would be easier and leave little to doubt.

KillaDon
11-19-2014, 04:58 PM
We'll keep answering questions past the deadline.

Thank you that helps out.

[JAG] Ryan
11-19-2014, 05:01 PM
@ Derez: you said before that Hero Strength is the only stats that affects Hero Stats. That cant be as many people who have a lot of skill points in HS have much lower Hero stats (with same weapons and items) then other people with far less Skill points in HS. Can you please explain how that relation from HS to Hero Stats should be if the only factor?

It appear to me that skill point in Army attack influence the Hero Stats as by all calculations and comparisons it leads to that estimation.

I also heard about that old formula not sure if true, but gets close to the reality.

(Skill points in Army Attack * level of player) / 10 + hero stats from items + hero individual attack boosts = Hero Stats

Can you confirm that or tell us the factors of how Hero Stats are calculated or can be improved?

Derez
11-19-2014, 05:02 PM
Switching gears, is there any plan to bring back legacy items for players who joined after they were originally offered, perhaps simply missed them the first time around, or lost them to some freak Gree Glitch? I know you are once again offering Witch's Lairs (for how long I don't know), but how about Tree Forts and Hawks Nests, etc? Without these strong defensive structures, newer players will never be competitive.

We have looked at offering limited time items again but part of the appeal of these items is that you can only get them within a small window of time. We will continue to offer special items that helps boost those stats and have also looked at making new permeant items that are offered in the store as well. In the 3.0 release we did boost all of the core building to help catch them up to the rest of the stat inflation.

the_bob
11-19-2014, 05:02 PM
Hero Strength is currently the only stat that affects Hero ATK / DEF. We plan to allow players to re-spec their character and have discussed additional changes to the skills system to make them more in line with where the game is going but that is still in the air.

When you say "Hero Strength is currently the only stat that affects Hero ATK / DEF." Do you mean Hero Equipment stats? As far as I was aware, Hero Strength only affects the damage you do to mobs and not to players. Is this correct?

sixshooter
11-19-2014, 05:07 PM
We have looked at offering limited time items again but part of the appeal of these items is that you can only get them within a small window of time. We will continue to offer special items that helps boost those stats and have also looked at making new permeant items that are offered in the store as well. In the 3.0 release we did boost all of the core building to help catch them up to the rest of the stat inflation.

What that means is that new players will never be able to catch up to players who were around when the items were originally offered. You can offer new items, but every new item you offer will be available to new players as well as older players. I feel sorry for anyone starting to play today.

Fromm
11-19-2014, 05:09 PM
Celtic Angel Warriors,

I added a spare skill point I had to Army Attack and my Attack(Hero) went up by 17 points. That tells me that your calculations are incorrect?

Also, I bought more equipment for my army and these stats went down?

the_bob
11-19-2014, 05:11 PM
I added a spare skill point I had to Army Attack and my Attack(Hero) went up by 17 points. That tells me that your calculations are incorrect?

Yep. I've been keeping a spreadsheet with my numbers and anytime I increase my Army Attack my Attack (Hero) increases. Hero Strength does not seem to affect Attack (Hero) or Defense (Hero).

KillaDon
11-19-2014, 05:12 PM

Is your avatar in the level 170's?? Reason I ask is cause some have gone up 15 and they were in the 150 levels and some 19 and they were in the 190 levels. I could and I am probably wrong but it's just what I have seen on some. But yes there calculations are still incorrect

Waffleking
What that means is that new players will never be able to catch up to players who were around when the items were originally offered. You can offer new items, but every new item you offer will be available to new players as well as older players. I feel sorry for anyone starting to play today.

Hello Sixshooter

This is how most games work. It is very difficult for any new player to catch up to a player who has had 2+ years to accumulate units, buildings and bonuses. What we can do is try to create a new user experience that will allow these new players to be competitive faster. It will be up to said beginner player to try and be "as good as" a veteran player with many hours in game.

Marabout Khidir

I have noticed that by adding a point to the Army Attack-skill makes my Hero Attack go up, so this can't be correct?

Derez
11-19-2014, 05:14 PM
Thought we were getting a battle calculation which in theory would include numbers and what's on what?? This answer is vary vague and still leaves us in the complete dark where we have been since this new style launched. Sorry just seems we are running out of time and gonna be left with no answer

KillaDon,

In the past we have given out details as to how numbers were calculated within the game and it actually cause more confusion within the player base. We spent a long time writing a complex formula for calculating battle so that army stats that are in the millions or billions can be equally compared to item stats that are in the hundreds or thousands.

The other thing to keep in mind, which I have mentioned in other posts, both ATK and DEF now matter. In the past it was only the attacker's ATK and the defenders DEF but now the defenders get a chance to attack meaning that your DEF stat plays an active part in your play experience rather than only being acknowledged when other players are trying to attack your avatar.

Derez
11-19-2014, 05:17 PM
I have noticed that by adding a point to the Army Attack-skill makes my Hero Attack go up, so this can't be correct?

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. This was not the intended case and we will look into it to make sure Army is only affecting the stats of your armies.

the_bob
11-19-2014, 05:19 PM
KillaDon,

In the past we have given out details as to how numbers were calculated within the game and it actually cause more confusion within the player base. We spent a long time writing a complex formula for calculating battle so that army stats that are in the millions or billions can be equally compared to item stats that are in the hundreds or thousands.

The other thing to keep in mind, which I have mentioned in other posts, both ATK and DEF now matter. In the past it was only the attacker's ATK and the defenders DEF but now the defenders get a chance to attack meaning that your DEF stat plays an active part in your play experience rather than only being acknowledged when other players are trying to attack your avatar.

You talk about confusion, but this is a thousand times more confusing than it previously was. How the hell does my defense come into play when I do the attack? You're going to have to provide some more details here since you're just muddying the water. After reading the dev responses I now have zero idea how it's determined who wins a fight.

KillaDon
11-19-2014, 05:21 PM
KillaDon,

I was just more curious about %'s as I think most of the others are as well. Because right now from last weekends battle
It seems that the ATTACK/DEFENSE Euipmemt Had the majority of whether you won or lost. It seems there is a algorithm error in the programming based on how huge of a difference that one catagory had on wining or losing but thank you for answering my question.

Marabout Khidir
11-19-2014, 05:22 PM
Thanks for answering Derez.

But I'm not sure how to read this bit mate?

Going forward we will be working on better ways to communicate and plan out new feature releases so that this type of issue happens again.

Lys
11-19-2014, 05:24 PM
Skimmed through, just got off, so hopefully still around to answer...

Will we be able to upgrade our voucher items? And will there be any bonuses on them? They're total crap as-is when compared to prior event rewards... and I felt like I'd just had a beatdown when I opened the crafting (finally) and saw just how abysmal they were... especially the weapons and armors, seeing how they paled in comparison to my current bests.

[JAG] Ryan
11-19-2014, 05:26 PM
hmm i understand that sometimes too much information can lead to confusion.

However in the current situation all people dont understand really what is needed to win a fight in war. Secondly people dont understand what to do to improve their individual stats (army and hero).

Furthermore the correlation of those 3 factors isnt clear. We have been told that army unit stats weight most and army equip comes as second but past war experience shows a different picture (even considering also the def stats from both).

it would be greatly appreciated if you could give us some more light here so that people get to understand what to do to improve and why it matters for fight/raids.

Thank you

KillaDon
11-19-2014, 05:26 PM
KillaDon,

Derez,

I'm my post I had posted those 2 I hit had a 115mil and 120mil unit defense to my 380mil unit defense so I still don't understand because even if they attacked me back they would lose miserably because if their unit defense is 115mil and others is 120mil it only means there unit attack is around 75-90mil.

Jnsolberg
11-19-2014, 05:30 PM
Celtic Angel Warriors,

This is wrong.

I started a new mini on an unused device. I worked the maps to level up a few levels, then I took a screenshot of his stats before allocating 16 skill points into 8 Hero Strength points. Then I exited the game, came back in and took another screen shot of his stats. Nothing changed. Unit a/d, EQ a/d and Hero a/d were all the same. The mobs were a little bit easier to kill. That's all.
If the Hero Strength skill points are supposed to help your Hero's stats, something is wrong.

Derez
11-19-2014, 05:31 PM
Skimmed through, just got off, so hopefully still around to answer...

Will we be able to upgrade our voucher items? And will there be any bonuses on them? They're total crap as-is when compared to prior event rewards... and I felt like I'd just had a beatdown when I opened the crafting (finally) and saw just how abysmal they were... especially the weapons and armors, seeing how they paled in comparison to my current bests.

For more detail on the difference in how item stats and army stats compare see my reply to Jnsolberg on page 3. Vouchers are not planned to have upgraded recipes as of right now especially seeing as how they were limited time items. Items will not be getting bonuses any time soon as this is a new addition to the game that we are trying to keep better control of balance and stat inflation on. However, we will continue to offer permeant and limited time bonuses on units that are given as top tier rewards.

Waffleking
11-19-2014, 05:34 PM
Thanks for answering Derez.

But I'm not sure how to read this bit mate?

We do agree that we released this feature update too close to a war and that we should have given the player base a longer time to adjust to the new system. We are making changes to the way we develop features and part of this change will be involving the community more. You are going to see an increase in development activity on the forums as well as asking for feedback from our player base.

We also have plans to create posts that try to explain features better BEFORE they are released and allow our players to communicate with the developers about questions or concerns these new features might raise with our end users.

I know the war had issues but at this time we are trying to fix these moving forward. We will never release a major feature update that close to a war ever again and will spend more time beta testing those features before they are pushed live to our production servers.

Also just as a questions to our users would you be interested in doing these AMAs live instead of forum posts, for example, via Twitch?

KillaDon
11-19-2014, 05:37 PM
We do agree that we released this binary too close to a war and that we should have given the player base a longer time to adjust to the new system. We are making changes to the way we develop features and part of this change will be involving the community more. You are going to see an increase in development activity on the forums as well as asking for feedback from our player base.

We also have plans to create posts that try to explain features better BEFORE they are released and allow our players to communicate with the developers about questions or concerns these new features might raise with our end users.

I know the war had issues but at this time we are trying to fix these moving forward. We will never release a major feature update that close to a war ever again and will spend more time beta testing those features before they are pushed live to our production servers.

Also just as a questions to our users would you be interested in doing these AMAs live instead of forum posts?

I think doing these live would be very helpful. I feel questions would get answered faster and seems it might be more productive. Just my opinion

Valid or
11-19-2014, 05:37 PM
We do agree that we released this binary too close to a war and that we should have given the player base a longer time to adjust to the new system. We are making changes to the way we develop features and part of this change will be involving the community more. You are going to see an increase in development activity on the forums as well as asking for feedback from our player base.

Also just as a questions to our users would you be interested in doing these AMAs live instead of forum posts?

Both, a forum post to explain the basics, then a ama to clear up any confusion that might come.

[JAG] Ryan
11-19-2014, 05:38 PM
Live would be faster but the forum posts allow all players around the globe to read back what was asked and answered better as not all have the chance to be up around this time.

KillaDon
11-19-2014, 05:41 PM
Kind of off subject but why is the 999999 gold not actually being added to our total gold. I think lots of players have missed out on a decent amount of gold from last war Indy wins event and it's still not adding it in the EB splash screens.

the_bob
11-19-2014, 05:42 PM
For more detail on the difference in how item stats and army stats compare see my reply to Jnsolberg on page 3.

I keep looking but I still don't see anything helpful. You have to realize that we are telling you that we still do not understand.

Jnsolberg
11-19-2014, 05:44 PM
We do agree that we released this feature update too close to a war and that we should have given the player base a longer time to adjust to the new system. We are making changes to the way we develop features and part of this change will be involving the community more. You are going to see an increase in development activity on the forums as well as asking for feedback from our player base.

This is all good news! Too many people are leaving the game over frustration with the last war. I'm glad that won't happen again.

As far as doing them live, I'm not sure. Not everyone can be on at the same time, and it might be complete chaos with too many peeps all talking at the same time. Lol

Jnsolberg
11-19-2014, 05:48 PM
I keep looking but I still don't see anything helpful. You have to realize that we are telling you that we still do not understand.

I still don't understand how the Pumpkin head is worth a 300k unit.
Perhaps if we could see some basic, understandable math?

Derez
11-19-2014, 05:48 PM
Kind of off subject but why is the 999999 gold not actually being added to our total gold. I think lots of players have missed out on a decent amount of gold from last war Indy wins event and it's still not adding it in the EB splash screens.

This is actually just a display bug that happens when there is no gold being rewarded. This issue will be fixed in the next major updated.

KillaDon
11-19-2014, 05:50 PM
This is actually just a display bug that happens when there is no gold being rewarded. This issue will be fixed in the next major updated.

Oh...��! Thanks

Tadaaah
11-19-2014, 05:50 PM
This is all good news! Too many people are leaving the game over frustration with the last war. I'm glad that won't happen again.

As far as doing them live, I'm not sure. Not everyone can be on at the same time, and it might be complete chaos with too many peeps all talking at the same time. Lol

The broadcast would be recorded so players could then re-watch and find answers. How does that sound?

Tadaaah
11-19-2014, 05:52 PM
Closing down at 6pm PST guys! Get in your last questions.

If there is still confusion, we'll host another AMA right after Thanksgiving. Spread the word. We want you to comfortable with this and know that this system is going to be awesome in the long run.

[JAG] Ryan
11-19-2014, 05:54 PM
i still dont see any of my questions answered. Did i ask aynthing wrong or why is that so?

Derez
11-19-2014, 05:55 PM
I still don't understand how the Pumpkin head is worth a 300k unit.
Perhaps if we could see some basic, understandable math?

If a 300k unit is going into an army stat that is at 10mil + it is adding approx 3% to that stat. So if a 40 unit is going into an equipment stat that is 1k that is roughly 4%. Seeing as this is no longer one giant stat that you are adding to you have to view them as totally different power amounts with different relative values.

Gal
11-19-2014, 05:55 PM
So I see people ask for calculations which we aren't getting, but can someone kindly explain exactly how we raise the two new numbers?
Is it skill points, weapons and armor?
What changes what?

Before I think about reallocation of skill points, I want to understand the impact of any changes please.

Also, An FAQ explaining all the changes and their impact.
I also want to understand the approximate percentages that each number affects whether I'll win our lose an attack or raid please.

Jnsolberg
11-19-2014, 05:58 PM
If a 300k unit is going into an army stat that is at 10mil + it is adding approx 3% to that stat. So if a 40 unit is going into an equipment stat that is 1k that is roughly 4%. Seeing as this is no longer one giant stat that you are adding to you have to view them as totally different power amounts with different relative values.

Ok, thank makes a little sense. But what is the ratio of units and equipment and Hero strength?

Marabout Khidir
11-19-2014, 05:58 PM
Thank you Derez, Waffleking and Tadaaah for taking your time tonight. Looking forward to the next AMA.

grizzlybear
11-19-2014, 06:00 PM
Closing down at 6pm PST guys! Get in your last questions.

If there is still confusion, we'll host another AMA right after Thanksgiving. Spread the word. We want you to comfortable with this and know that this system is going to be awesome in the long run.

How can you say that no one understands or even likes it that I know

Tadaaah
11-19-2014, 06:01 PM
I'm going to lock the thread so more questions don't flood, but Derez will answer some of the last ones here.

Derez
11-19-2014, 06:01 PM
PLAYER STAT POINTS

I know that there is confusion with the current stat point system and how it is affect player stats. I will make sure that we confirm that they are working as intended with these new systems and post a write up to the forums with details before we release the item that allows you to re-spec your characters.

Derez
11-19-2014, 06:11 PM
Ryan;1423130']i still dont see any of my questions answered. Did i ask aynthing wrong or why is that so?

Sorry [JAG], this was not intentional. Some of your questions came between long replies and were possibly answered within those. As for your posted formula:

(Skill points in Army Attack * level of player) / 10 + hero stats from items + hero individual attack boosts = Hero Stats

This is pretty close to how it is being calculated but I do not have it committed to memory and have to confirm that this is still accurate with the other changes that have been made to the game. If player level is a factor I will be sure to include it in the stat point update I mentioned in my previous post.

Based on the feedback we continue to receive it is clear that battle calculations are not being communicated correctly in game and we will look into switching over to the original system we had planned as I feel it makes what is actually going on a lot easier to understand.

Derez
11-19-2014, 06:16 PM
I know there were a lot of changes to the game recently and I want to thank everyone for their feedback while we try to work out the kinks in the systems. We are trying to improve the player experience and add some more depth and longevity to the title so that we can continue to support our players and their investments in this game. We have more things planned for the coming months that hopefully we will be able to announce soon.

Thank you again for taking the time to chat with us.