PDA

View Full Version : Sudden name change?

Ajk
11-18-2014, 07:30 AM
Woke up to my name being changed to something off the wall. Everything else on my account seems normal, I think. Anyone else seeing this happen to them?

Is someone trying to take over my account?

HellRaizer
11-18-2014, 07:33 AM
Woke up to my name being changed to something off the wall. Everything else on my account seems normal, I think. Anyone else seeing this happen to them?

haven't seen that happen before

Ghost-12
11-18-2014, 07:47 AM

...Nightmares, shhhhh go back to sleep. It will all be back to normal once you "actually" wake up :D
(just playing) Haven't seen that before.

MAD NUGGETT
11-18-2014, 09:26 AM
Well I need to know. What was the name that was created for you?

Thief
11-18-2014, 09:37 AM
If it changed to "Alex" its because your name was deemed inappropriate. If it changed to something else im not sure. Ive never seen that before.

Huj
11-18-2014, 02:28 PM
If it changed to "Alex" its because your name was deemed inappropriate. If it changed to something else im not sure. Ive never seen that before.

O really? So that's why there is so many Alex's out there? Hmm still learning I guess.

Ajk
11-18-2014, 03:22 PM

No not Alex, I was more worried about when people were getting other players accounts somehow. Not sure the exact reason for it happening but it did for a small number of players awhile back.

Oh yea, Nuggett, this is still for you. t(-_-t)

Dumas
11-18-2014, 03:25 PM
Had a friend who's name could be deemed inappropriate and his was auto changed to ABC123456, they just replaced part of it with a bunch of random numbers.

Alex's come from when you switch accounts from one device to another the old device gets a new blank account with the name of Alex. It's a common thing in game to change your name to Alex to hide amongst all of the Alex's out there.

Have never heard of any other name changes except when yours was deemed inappropriate.

Dirty Mind
11-18-2014, 08:31 PM
are you missing the 50 gold?

Heads
11-18-2014, 11:12 PM
We had a faction member encounter the same problem with the first iOS upgrade. His name was changed to SaS and there was no problem with his original name. Cost him 50 gold to fix after continually getting no where with customer service.

SunWuKong
11-19-2014, 03:37 AM
lol..apparently someone could be accessing your char. Good luck

East Coast Bias
11-19-2014, 05:13 AM
O really? So that's why there is so many Alex's out there? Hmm still learning I guess.

For a guy who claims to know of hacking for years, surprised you didn't know this. Moron.

fatbodychris
11-19-2014, 05:39 AM
For a guy who claims to know of hacking for years, surprised you didn't know this. Moron.

He also asked what "growlers" were a week or two ago.