PDA

View Full Version : iOS 8.1.1

Big John
11-17-2014, 03:24 PM
New update out that supports older devices.

DEWIN NUTTIN
11-17-2014, 04:05 PM
I rarely update anything.
I'm happy with my rock tablet, hammer, and chisel.

truthteller
11-17-2014, 04:21 PM

That is not true

I have an ipod 4 and when I look for updates, it shows that the IOS 6.1.6 is the "current" update I need
thus I cannot upgrade to IOS 8.1.1

Big John
11-17-2014, 04:27 PM
That is not true

I have an ipod 4 and when I look for updates, it shows that the IOS 6.1.6 is the "current" update I need
thus I cannot upgrade to IOS 8.1.1
If you can't update to iOS 8 then hardly likely to update to 8.1.1

Agent Orange
11-17-2014, 04:59 PM

IOS 8.1.1 only updates iPad 2 and iPhone 4s. Older devices such as the iPad 1st gen is not supported.

crazeejay
11-17-2014, 07:12 PM
I did the update for my 4s

360 Joules
11-17-2014, 09:53 PM
yup...ipad 1 isn't supported...found this out too late...already updated...now can't use this account...can't even load the game to the opening splash screen. Please fix this Gree.

IOS 8.1.1 only updates iPad 2 and iPhone 4s. Older devices such as the iPad 1st gen is not supported.

Mcdoc
11-17-2014, 10:35 PM
If it ain't broke - I dont try to fix it.

Im the last guy to want to do any kind of updates

hell - I still use Windows XP & Office 2000 on my laptop - runs like a dream :-)

AfterHours-Oliver
11-17-2014, 10:45 PM
If it ain't broke - I dont try to fix it.

Im the last guy to want to do any kind of updates

hell - I still use Windows XP & Office 2000 on my laptop - runs like a dream :-)

Lol, windows 8.1, office 2013 and MW 4.5.2......!

Big John
11-18-2014, 02:13 AM
ok the blurb may be misleading as I just copied it but anyone with devices that don't support ios 8 should maybe think of buying newer ones to play the game.

Agent Orange
11-18-2014, 05:23 AM
ok the blurb may be misleading as I just copied it but anyone with devices that don't support ios 8 should maybe think of buying newer ones to play the game.

You realize that IOS 8 only runs on devices starting with the iPhone 4s and newer thus eliminating a huge number of players running slightly old but not legacy IOS devices. If that was Gree's plan it was monumentally stupid since they likely wiped out 3/4 of their user base.

Or not, spending good money on a new device to play a game that is pooched? When this catastrophe began I took a brand new iPhone 6 and loaded MW on it, and it crashed. I can play MW on our IOS 8.1 and 8.1.1 test devices BUT the game loads very very very very very very very sloooooooowly. Might not crash but that slow loading is the friggin server pushing a crapload of data on each log in driving up data usage to abserd levels.

So there is no point in spending several hundred dollars to play a broken game that might go completely down the toilet shortly.

As a sidebar I just updated Angry Birds Rio on the 1st gen iPad and even though it can only run IOS 5.1.1 it runs perfectly.....

Big John
11-18-2014, 07:03 AM
I was trying to help players get back into the game and not saying you should rush out and buy a new device but eventually I would imagine that the game won't support old devices.

Adm. J(K96)
11-18-2014, 09:37 AM
Eventually no, but there has been nothing added to the game that should require any additional processing power on the users end. In that respect, the game really has not changed a bit in two years, if not since launch.

Agent Orange
11-18-2014, 03:59 PM
I was trying to help players get back into the game and not saying you should rush out and buy a new device but eventually I would imagine that the game won't support old devices.

Sadly short sighted though and not really logical to spend money on a new device only to play a broken game that is getting no support from it's programmers and who's customer service reps have gone silent. I get that you are trying to help but that is the most illogical way of fixing the problem considering even those who are getting into the game have to wait rediculously long times for the log in to complete. The iPhone 6 is by far the fastest at logging in but seriously this would then orphan a lot of players who have spent a lot of real money.

Should Gree drop support then I can see a flood of refund requests hitting Apple which might trigger more dire repercussions.

dudehardwork
11-19-2014, 05:47 AM
I wouldn't recommend updating a 4s. To ios8 It really slows the phone down. 8.1.1 is supposed to help. But I wouldn't take the risk. I know of 2 friends who's 4s became a brick after updating to 8.

Adm. J(K96)
11-19-2014, 06:12 AM
I wouldn't recommend updating a 4s. To ios8 It really slows the phone down. 8.1.1 is supposed to help. But I wouldn't take the risk. I know of 2 friends who's 4s became a brick after updating to 8.

Not to mention the space it takes up. Doesn't iOS 8 take at least 8gb?

Romaro
11-19-2014, 06:59 AM
I dont get it, there a lots and lots apps that support the latest ios version, but still can be played on ipad gen 1, why gree dont make this app like their competitors???

Bubseg
11-19-2014, 04:40 PM
Thank god my nokia 3310. Doesnt need updates.

Speed ump
11-19-2014, 07:34 PM
Doc, xp was the last os that Microsoft made that worked reasonably well. Thank god I did not upgrade windows 7 to 8. I am usually the first to upgrade to the latest shiniest new toy, but either I'm getting old and stuck on my ways, or 8 really sucks.

Speed ump
11-19-2014, 07:37 PM
Come to think of it, the number 8 must designate bad os,es. Ever since iOS 8, I have to use lte for GroupMe, Safari dosnt have live links unles I enlarge them, wifi dosnt work well for mw ( though I started having connection issue in MW before iOS 8) plus a number of other issues mostly dealing with connectivity.

PointNShoot
11-21-2014, 12:33 PM
MW is not playable on my iPad1 as it crashes every few moves. I am now worried about my iPad2. I wished they would make more components of the game in the machine rather than online, as their server do not have the capacity to handle the traffic quickly. vaulting cash, buying units etc. requires waiting time for the game to communicate with game server in order to complete execution. is it necessary?