PDA

View Full Version : Scratch and win

Digger666
11-17-2014, 12:47 AM
Just curious, has anyone ever won the major prize?

HypeTonic
11-17-2014, 12:55 AM
Highest I have gotten is 4/6 :P

rambo 1st blood
11-17-2014, 02:14 AM
Me too mate 4/6 is highest. The scratchies are so stupid. Wish it would go back to way it was during the start of the year. Nothing I win is useful

Mcdoc
11-17-2014, 02:48 AM
Just curious, has anyone ever won the major prize?

Since ANY prize with less stats than a Growler is already useless for most people and will eventually become useless for everyone - it would be best if the scratcher prizes were changed to:

1) Cash Prize between 100 million and 1 Billion
2) 1 to 20 Energy Packs
3) 1 to 20 Health Packs
4) Valor awards from 10,000 to 1 million (but even Valor is growing less relevant as people are saving up 10 to 60 million to spend some day in the far off future when they can buy the 600k unit which wouldn't even make my Top 45 list today)

And while im on the subject of useless prizes - I have almost 100 Stamina refill packs and counting. Unless there is ever another PvP tournament (Old School Players will remember this) - then Stamina packs aren't really a prize.

sister morphine
11-17-2014, 03:17 AM
And while im on the subject of useless prizes - I have almost 100 Stamina refill packs and counting. Unless there is ever another PvP tournament (Old School Players will remember this) - then Stamina packs aren't really a prize.
They do have a use if you find someone with loads of great buildings up. Otherwise I agree. :)

Digger666
11-17-2014, 04:24 AM
Fully agree with you there mcdoc. Ive only heard of one major prize won and that was the cash and almost 3 years ago lol. And why they stopped the pvp mystifies me, it wasn't a bad event. Used to look forward to it actually.

Rob TRK
11-17-2014, 05:03 AM
Stamina packs would be great if we could reduce the stamina we built up when PvP was current.. Other than that I think I've used two since they have been dished out mainly finding a golden raid opportunity. Agree the point that the daily prize is now largely redundant!

Candyflosser
11-17-2014, 05:16 AM
Fully agree with you there mcdoc. Ive only heard of one major prize won and that was the cash and almost 3 years ago lol. And why they stopped the pvp mystifies me, it wasn't a bad event. Used to look forward to it actually.

Players have gotten the 6 match - 600k units as you mentioned they don't make your top 45 so players
that have gotten it might be hard to identify. But they are out there, it is also a big scratcher prize so very few
players will win them as that's how a lottery system works in real life.

Bazze
11-17-2014, 05:19 AM
got yesterday 100mil...2nd time since nearlie 2 years...

iamnasty
11-17-2014, 05:35 AM
Since ANY prize with less stats than a Growler is already useless for most people and will eventually become useless for everyone - it would be best if the scratcher prizes were changed to:

2) 1 to 20 Energy Packs
3) 1 to 20 Health Packs
4) Valor awards from 10,000 to 1 million (but even Valor is growing less relevant as people are saving up 10 to 60 million to spend some day in the far off future when they can buy the 600k unit which wouldn't even make my Top 45 list today)

Wow, you're very STRONG, pls don't kill my tree snipers !☠.........moo™������

MrFister
11-17-2014, 07:26 AM
worthless, shoot, I win $1000 all the time.....x that by 10....mmmm.....carry the 2....yeah, nevermind

Kerrey Allen
11-17-2014, 08:00 AM

2) 1 to 20 Energy Packs
3) 1 to 20 Health Packs

Energy packs would be awsome

bam bam.
11-17-2014, 08:02 AM

Not many people spent on it as it had no boosts attached to the winning units. Back then boosts were rare and events were run one at a time. Ah the good ol days

Adm. J(K96)
11-17-2014, 08:12 AM
I think a lot of it may have been the ease of it. I never really cared for it, but with just a few attacks I could jump to top 10k easy. From there it was a little more work to top 5k, but no real prize increase. The jumps got harder but the rewards didn't get better. When you adjust for stat level, it was easier to get a higher rank, but you still saw the same overall ease for placing in your tier. Unless you were going nuts and trying to jump a bunch of tiers, there was no effort, but really no reward either.

Campy McCamperpants
11-17-2014, 09:04 AM

Are you referring to the one where you had to raid certain types of buildings? I thought that one was fun but no one else seemed to enjoy. I think part of the problem was that people were just selling buildings and not tapping on them after they were hit so no one else could hit them.

I Will Merc You
11-17-2014, 09:07 AM
If there was an option to 'x' out of the daily scratcher, that would be my daily route.

250 valor is an insult.

Campy McCamperpants
11-17-2014, 09:39 AM
But to contribute- I've gotten the 5/6 Valor twice and 4/6 Infantry. The scratchers definitely need to bumped, everything tier 4 and below are completely useless.

Thief
11-17-2014, 09:42 AM
Before we went to the daily prize (where you collect 28 for a prize with a boost) i had recieved 4/6 and 5/6.

Since Scratchers have come back i don't think ive done better than 3/6 but then again i don't really pay attention either since only Valor or a 5/6 6/6 would help.

kmg108
11-17-2014, 10:59 AM
I got a funny prize today on my scratcher...at least the name fit the item perfectly. It was a jet with stats around 120/120. It was called the "Fierce Suco"...which I interpreted to mean "fiercely sucks".

By the way, what is the point of a unit with 120/120? That would have been decent back in 2012. These days, that ranks up there with a tree sniper. Just another worthless unit that I will be stuck with forever.

Thief
11-17-2014, 11:12 AM
Just another worthless unit that I will be stuck with forever.

I Suspect sooner or later you won't have to worry about being stuck with it forever.

Adm. J(K96)
11-17-2014, 11:56 AM
I Suspect sooner or later you won't have to worry about being stuck with it forever.

Funny I have that same suspicion. ;)

StefvdS
11-17-2014, 12:27 PM
Won it twice xD

Sheldor Sir
11-17-2014, 02:08 PM
mini has had 10mil 3 or 4 times me i just seems to get LCAC but i suppose i need a lot to transport 27k of units

Mcdoc
11-17-2014, 02:10 PM
Are you referring to the one where you had to raid certain types of buildings? I thought that one was fun but no one else seemed to enjoy. I think part of the problem was that people were just selling buildings and not tapping on them after they were hit so no one else could hit them.

no - I actually really despised that one - trying to find 50 Electric plants to raid was nearly impossible when people just stopped repairing them for the event. I think one was even to find a level 10 Armory - which a lot of people never upgraded past level 4 or 5. That particular event was the most frustrating time I've ever had in the game.

The event I'm referring to was specifically a PvP tournament where Gree (actually Funzio) took a snapshot of your stats at the beginning of the event to record your "Successfull Attacks" against other players - then at the end of the event - just tallied up the number of attacks you could do in 48/72 hours or whatever it was.

I think the real reason it was abandoned is because it had to be calculated manually and CCMark (community leader) had to post the names / numbers here in the forums manually. It was never programmed into the game like other leaderboards.

The sad thing is - I'm sure a lot of people began boosting up their Stamina because they thought this event was going to be a more permanent type event. I know people with 150 stamina - which is now a lot of wasted skill points if you don't go raiding for 2 hours a day. I personally bumped my Stamina up to 50 because of the PvP Tourny - but stopped there as 50 was the max refill number.

Which btw - 50 Stamina refills for 10 gold has always been the best value in the game.

I wish your energy refill was 2000 for 20 gold - seems like a much better balance than only 1000 for 20 gold. - Just saying :-)

umuckurlife
11-17-2014, 02:29 PM
I got 6/6 last week with my mini. First time that's ever happened for me.

As for PvP, that was one of my favorite events. I bumped my stamina to 40 when I started playing because of that event. I'd like to see them bring it back in some capacity.

WBS
11-17-2014, 05:34 PM
The best I have ever done on a scratch off was 2 years ago when I won 100 million.

Boss Roger
11-17-2014, 05:41 PM
my stamina is at 104, seemed like a good idea at the time!

Vercingetorix
11-17-2014, 06:25 PM
Much to my surprise I received the fierce response jet today (5/6 unit). Otherwise the best I had before was 10m. Cant tell you how many absolutely worthless units I've had since they brought the daily scratchers back.

swaggerfagger
11-17-2014, 07:08 PM
I've gotten 5/6 once and 4/6 like twice.

IRL friend who's new to the game got a 6/6 on his 2nd week though lmao

Mcdoc
11-17-2014, 10:42 PM
my stamina is at 104, seemed like a good idea at the time!

Wow - blast from the past !

Well - if your playing style involves an hour of raiding each day - then I'm sure 104 stamina serves you well :)

Who dares wins
11-18-2014, 01:01 AM
Agreed theses events forms were fun but to many slammed it so they took it away I think bows the time to bring it back

leroyingo
11-18-2014, 02:08 AM
Yeah, i got the Fierce flagship carrier 683868A 559597D, for getting 6 shields a couple weeks ago. 2 accounts and since the scratchies started is how long it took. When they released the prize it would have been, oh wow, but now, eh.

keeskiller
11-18-2014, 03:15 AM
got a unit 5/6 the first day i created my mini. after that a few times 4/6 but mostly 2 or 3. I play this game over 2 years and never had the 6/6 lol so what's the drop rate of that anyway