PDA

View Full Version : I hate atk and def boosts

bam bam.
11-13-2014, 11:34 PM
Any body else think it sucks that these boosts greatly outweigh fun and useful boosts that make gameplay better?

Pidgeot
11-13-2014, 11:39 PM
I hate they are also making them harder to get. Not worth the energy or gold.

bam bam.
11-14-2014, 12:23 AM
And permanent xp gains

Kefa
11-14-2014, 06:36 AM
Are you talking about just temp boosts or all atk/def boosts?

bam bam.
11-14-2014, 09:38 AM
Are you talking about just temp boosts or all atk/def boosts?

Both mate, both. But yeah the temps I didn't like in the first place but was ok with cause they made playability more fun. Now the usual bait n switch has kicked in its just bonkers to bother with the perm xp gains for no real edge.

NexusImperium
11-14-2014, 10:12 AM
I think the boosts are okay. But Gree really should've started with 1-2% boosts instead of the crazy 5,10,15% + boosts.

And they're kinda a crapshoot anyway - the bulk of my forces are invested in air and so I don't see much benefit from anything other than air attack/defense, which nowadays are pretty rare.

Kefa
11-14-2014, 11:50 AM
I would vote no for temp atk/def boosts, but I do enjoy the temp health and energy regen. But I would vote yes, to keep permanent atk/def boosts associated with the units we earn for completing challenges.

Mikethegreat88
11-14-2014, 01:43 PM
The problem with attack/defense boosts is that they hardly benefit us anymore. When they were new, a 15% sea defense boost would raise your overall defense by a slightly noticeable 3-4%. Now that many of us already have 1000% boost or more for each stat, a new 15% sea defense unit only raises your sea defense by 1.5%, and raises your overall defense by 0.38%. Who wants to waste any time and money on a 0.38% defense increase? I won't even mention the uselessness of attack boosts.

I know it would add to inflation, but at least it would generate more enthusiasm.

Campy McCamperpants
11-14-2014, 03:33 PM
Didn't you see the South Park episode on "Freemium" games that aired a few weeks ago? They can't make it too much fun...

DEWIN NUTTIN
11-14-2014, 05:58 PM
Didn't you see the South Park episode on "Freemium" games that aired a few weeks ago? They can't make it too much fun...

Amen brother, amen! South Park's shows are always topical and relevant.

bam bam.
11-14-2014, 06:51 PM
Bugger I forgot to make the poll public haha. Yeah freemium episode was good

headfaction
11-14-2014, 07:23 PM
Attack and defense mods are useless in this game...

Mcdoc
11-15-2014, 04:38 AM
Attack and defense mods are useless in this game...

For an old timer like me with almost 3 years invested in my player account - Attack and Defense Bonuses are really the ONLY thing worth striving for. To say they are worthless is to not understand the game at all

When I push through an LTQ either INDY or Faction - any unit with less stats than a Growler doesn't even make my Attack Force - yet if I can catch a 5% Air Attack or 10% Air Defense boost - then each of my 2000 Growlers grows in strength. So to say 5% * 2000 units * 28,000 stats - is "worthless" is a severly short sighted outlook.

I just crossed 8 billion attack - yet my defense is only 3.6 Billion - so to me - an Air / Sea defense boost is my only hope to escape the clutches of the new players who can reach 4 billion attack in 7 weeks ! Ok - slight exaggeration - it takes 14 weeks to get 4 billion attack nowadays - LoL

But seriously - there were about 60 units dished out in the past 45 days that have stats over 1 million. They were scattered about in the LTQ's - hopefully just for "player appreciation month" and not the new norm. If you didn't get these Million plus stat units - then a %Bonus is truly your only hope to climb above the crowd in stats.

What is REALLY NEEDED in this game at about the Top 100 WD tier is some "Alliance Defense" Bonuses to somewhat re-balance the Attack / Defense gap that has taken the fun out of the game. The bad thing is - if Gree does decide to give out an Alliance Defense Bonus - instead of making it the Master FLTQ bonus that most Top 100 teams would strive for - they would more than likely make it only a Top 3 WD prize which of course most people will never have a shot at.

Here is a clue Gree - pay close attention:

The Top 100 teams make up 6000 dedicated players. If you made the +1 energy Regen and +% Air Defense or Alliance Defense prize - then those 6000 people will pool together (shhhhh - even spend $$$ to maintain Top 100 status) while everyone in the Top 101 - 500 tier will PUSH to reach a seemingly more attainable goal than just Top 3. Do the math - that's another 400 teams - potentially 24,000 MORE hungry players now pushing the Top 6000 players to do MORE to maintain the Top 100 tier.

By by keeping the most desirable prizes only in the Top 3 tier - you only have 7 other teams (7*60=) only 420 people who even imagine they "might" have a shot at Top 3 tier - but realistically - only teams 4 thru 6 - so 180 people would even beef up Thier disposable "entertainment" money to even try

Gree: You DO realize that the $$$ that we spend (or used to spend) on this game is Disposable "entertainment" money - and as water seeks its own level - there is less and less disposable income outside the Top 25 - Top 50 - Top 100 tiers. Your best "sweet spot" to pick up more $$$ from players is in the Top 100 tier as the Top 500 teams will claw their way to Top 100 if the Prize is right.

Best advice you could possibly get for free on how to turn up the money in this game.

I would gladly accept a paid consulting position to help turn this game around and bring back the draw to spend $100 - $500 a month that a lot of people have just walked away from because of some severe fundamental flaws in the direction of the game. My wife tells me all the time - she wishes I could get paid for the 6 - 8 hours a day I spend tapping this game. I'm sure I'm not the only spouse being told this.

Putting my Soap Box away for now :-)

bam bam.
11-15-2014, 04:28 PM
Yeah but you are a high roller McDoc, I suppose at the top end of the game atk/def is useful and gaining massive xp is fine when u r lv 300. But for those of us who will never be high spenders, spend lil to a medium amount of gold or have stopped spending there is not much fun in atk/def because there will always be sum1 higher n will always b sum1 lower (so can always score points at war). The atk/defs don't add to ur raid boss but do help with epic boss (I think epic boss is the only event where it is a real benefit for atk boosts-outside of top factions/very top). Def boosts r only good at war or defending raids or atks(and even then, that's a joke).

So the only ppl who really focus on atk/def would be those in top 10 factions. Outside of that...we don't care because these boosts aint much help to game play. Give me time reductions, multiple buildings, health regens, even energy regens, give a valor boost over a mission payout, health refills, brick boosts, land speed, multiple land, anything but atk which I can only use on epic boss and def which does nothing for me as there will always b a bigger fish.

Adm. J(K96)
11-15-2014, 04:42 PM
Yeah but you are a high roller McDoc, I suppose at the top end of the game atk/def is useful and gaining massive xp is fine when u r lv 300. But for those of us who will never be high spenders, spend lil to a medium amount of gold or have stopped spending there is not much fun in atk/def because there will always be sum1 higher n will always b sum1 lower (so can always score points at war). The atk/defs don't add to ur raid boss but do help with epic boss (I think epic boss is the only event where it is a real benefit for atk boosts-outside of top factions/very top). Def boosts r only good at war or defending raids or atks(and even then, that's a joke).

So the only ppl who really focus on atk/def would be those in top 10 factions. Outside of that...we don't care because these boosts aint much help to game play. Give me time reductions, multiple buildings, health regens, even energy regens, give a valor boost over a mission payout, health refills, brick boosts, land speed, multiple land, anything but atk which I can only use on epic boss and def which does nothing for me as there will always b a bigger fish.
Really think about what you just said. Other than health regens, why does any of that matter? All any of those things do is to allow you to increase the very same stats you just said you don't want boosts for. If you don't care about stats, what is the overall point in doing any event?

bam bam.
11-15-2014, 05:01 PM
Really think about what you just said. Other than health regens, why does any of that matter? All any of those things do is to allow you to increase the very same stats you just said you don't want boosts for. If you don't care about stats, what is the overall point in doing any event?

When I have multiple buildings I'm doing more and have more options as to how I build my account. Reductions in time and cost allow me to be more active which is the entertainment part for me.

I know what u r saying, "it's all about the destination" your saying the goal is to be the biggest and baddest in the game. My game play style is "its all about the journey" so I'm saying overall entertainment value is more important than stats. Health regens can b used in war/elite boss/raid boss/frontline. Energy can b used on LTQs n FLTQs that r entertaining.

I find certain boosts that can b used over a variety of events over ones that only effect war and elite boss to be where the funs at. And gaming is meant to be fun. This game can be played many different ways, that's why it survives. You can play faction, you can play individual, you can play win the auction, you can play gamble away, you can play camp, you can play everyday, you can play every minute of ur conscious day haha. Or u can play the locked out of the game and se how much punishment u can bare b4 u quit forever game. Many ways to skin this cat. Hope this clears it up a lil for ya big fella

bam bam.
11-15-2014, 05:03 PM
Id love a 10% less glitch boost haha

Adm. J(K96)
11-15-2014, 05:07 PM
No, it was clear to me from the start. It's whether it was clear to you that I was curious about. So many people tap tap tap away and have no idea why or for what.

Adm. J(K96)
11-15-2014, 05:08 PM
Id love a 10% less glitch boost haha
You ask for the impossible!

bam bam.
11-15-2014, 05:18 PM
You ask for the impossible!

I can dream. Yeah, I'm big on the "why I still play this game", I have a fetish for being abused it would seem

Adm. J(K96)
11-15-2014, 05:44 PM
One could write their thesis on this for sure lol.

eddie_
11-16-2014, 04:17 AM
Lots or text

However, you're forgetting something. The top 10 spends more real money than the rest of the top 100.. And the top 50 in game most likely spends more than all the other players together. So they put the good rewards where the money is. Can't blame them.

You have to give Gree credits for what they are doing though. Because attack bonuses are out of control, but that prevents the top 10 from being untouchable. So they give the bonuses to those who can and will pay good for it and still have a game where no player is untouchable.

Now they only need to make this game stable and fast, so people can actually play and don't run away from this game and spend their money elsewhere.

Thief
11-16-2014, 08:44 AM
What is REALLY NEEDED in this game at about the Top 100 WD tier is some "Alliance Defense" Bonuses to somewhat re-balance the Attack / Defense gap that has taken the fun out of the game. The bad thing is - if Gree does decide to give out an Alliance Defense Bonus - instead of making it the Master FLTQ bonus that most Top 100 teams would strive for - they would more than likely make it only a Top 3 WD prize which of course most people will never have a shot at.

Sadly until they do balance out the abrud gaps between attack and defense stats then i actually feel stats are worthless. I miss the days of at least wondering if i could beat someone (offensively or defensively) but i don't bother to even look at someones stats anymore and 99% of the time im defeated as well. If the trend continues where attack is 3x greater than defense (or that percentage grows even further) than stats are useless in this game and mean nothing. (if everyone can attack everyone then what are they used for again? Raid boss uses base attack so its just a segment of your raw stats and we all know epic boss is a one hit wonder)

bam bam.
01-18-2015, 07:36 AM
Bumping cause of the lack of creativity of current boosts