PDA

View Full Version : 3.0 Status Update

Waffleking
11-13-2014, 02:35 PM
Hello Kingdom Age Players

As the Product Manager of Kingdom Age, I wanted to reach out to our player base and personally give you a heads up on the 3.0 Hero Equipment/Crafting update that was made live last night.

I have been reading all of your feedback on the forums and I wanted to personally apologize for the issues you are all experiencing in this new update. The team has been working feverishly to discover what is causing these serious PVP issues that are occurring since the release of 3.0. We are happy to report we have figured out the issue and are testing a fix as we speak. We will be deploying a fix later today as well as releasing Level 1 of the Crafting Workshop.

The development team has been hard at work on Hero Equipment/Crafting and never intended it to negatively impact any gameplay experiences for our players. We have always seen this feature as an addition to the amazing armies and power our players have acquired over the years of faithful support to our product. Over the last couple of months and into the new year the team will continue developing new features that we feel will improve the core of Kingdom Age and offer more depth for our players. We want to build a game that we are proud of and that our community enjoys playing.

Rolling out these changes can cause issues like you have seen since the launch of 3.0 last night. The team has been keeping a constant watch of the forums since our deploy of 3.0 and will continue monitoring your feedback moving forward. Your almost instant feedback has allowed us to find and deploy a fix quickly for the PVP/Raiding issues. We appreciate you voicing your opinions and helping us make the game better and tune new features to something you all enjoy engaging with.

We are looking into hosting another AMA next week to gather your feedback on our new Hero Equipment/Crafting feature and answer any additional questions that you may have about Kingdom Age.

Once again I would like to personally apologize for the initial kinks that have been in the Hero Equipment update and would like to thank you all for your feedback and patience while we resolve these issues.

Team Zuma
11-13-2014, 02:49 PM
Why does Gree not do more thorough testing before releasing new things? We'd rather wait til new aspects are fully tested and debugged. I love this game, but am getting tired of its buggy nature. Apologizing doesn't negate the frustration.

Waffleking
11-13-2014, 02:59 PM
Why does Gree not do more thorough testing before releasing new things? We'd rather wait til new aspects are fully tested and debugged. I love this game, but am getting tired of its buggy nature. Apologizing doesn't negate the frustration.

Hello Zuma

We know an apology does not remove your frustration but we wanted our community to know that we as the development team are trying to fix these types of issues. We take full responsibility for this going out without enough testing and all we can tell you is that in future releases we will make sure that this does not happen again and that bugs like this are caught before we release them to our players.

Silent follower
11-13-2014, 03:24 PM
One of your beta testers tells he found the bug and reported it to you. Should you check your ways of working if an important report like this was ignored: http://forums.gree.net/showthread.php?101724-Bugs-and-questions-with-new-update&p=1419384&viewfull=1#post1419384

PoleDanceGeek
11-13-2014, 03:47 PM
Can you at least give us an ETA for the fix?

Tadaaah
11-13-2014, 03:50 PM
Can you at least give us an ETA for the fix?

ETA is the PvP attack issue is fixed and are currently working on the stat lowering matter. Both will hopefully go live before the end of the day.

Uberfauker
11-13-2014, 03:58 PM
ETA is the PvP attack issue is fixed and are currently working on the stat lowering matter. Both will hopefully go live before the end of the day.

FYI, after reading this, I restarted my device, opened KA and tried to raid and I still lost. My attack is over 1.3 billion higher than his defense.

Totalwar
11-13-2014, 04:07 PM
I commend you Waffeking Thankyou so much for the apology and for posting on this forum.

Tadaaah
11-13-2014, 04:10 PM
FYI, after reading this, I restarted my device, opened KA and tried to raid and I still lost. My attack is over 1.3 billion higher than his defense.

Thanks, we'll pass that along to double check. I might have misunderstood that it is in code and maybe not deployed yet.

Waffleking
11-13-2014, 04:15 PM

Hello Uberfauker

Would you mind posting your player id and we will get to the bottom of your issue.

Lys
11-13-2014, 04:23 PM
I just failed a raid where I had 1.5b attack versus the player's 90.5m defense. My ID is in the signature, if you want to further examine it. Even with the 3x Tree Forts in range, shouldn't have been possible to fail.

I did win an attack though, seems kinda wonky on raiding still.

Uberfauker
11-13-2014, 04:35 PM
Update: I can now raid/attack but it takes a really long time. Average time once I tap the building is 27 seconds. I can live with that (for now ;) )as long as I can raid.

Player ID: 326-234-373

PoleDanceGeek
11-13-2014, 04:53 PM
When you say stat lowering do you mean how it appears as though we only have 30 allies?

Clementine
11-13-2014, 04:59 PM
When you say stat lowering do you mean how it appears as though we only have 30 allies?

Can you post a screenshot of this?

Elendar
11-13-2014, 05:12 PM
Alliance size 500 - see next post

http://forums.gree.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=6985&d=1415927502

Elendar
11-13-2014, 05:14 PM
Army is only 30

http://forums.gree.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=6986&d=1415927648

Valid or
11-13-2014, 05:17 PM
Army is only 30
Photo link doesn't work

Uberfauker
11-13-2014, 05:18 PM
Photo link doesn't work

Here's one

http://i1333.photobucket.com/albums/w635/uberfauker/photo_zpsf308c0ac.jpeg

Elendar
11-13-2014, 05:23 PM
Thanks mine looks just like that! How did you get my stats page. VBG ��

Elendar
11-13-2014, 05:25 PM
And how did you post that pic? Mine was too big to post the whole thing.

Uberfauker
11-13-2014, 05:32 PM

I sent you a pm

[DW] maretzky
11-13-2014, 05:33 PM
This means - we have same allies number (10)

Waffleking
11-13-2014, 05:38 PM

Hello PoleDanceGeek

This is a display bug that will be addressed in our next Binary submission. The Army size is correct this is just from a display bug but thank you for reporting this.

Lara4578
11-13-2014, 05:43 PM
Will this deploy for the fix also resolve the problem for reduced in damage on mobs too? Players are also experiencing damage nerfed on mobs, for those that used to hit 400-500, are now only hitting the same mobs at 250-350 damage... That's with everything equipped with best item, including head, feet, artifacts etc....
This will need to be fixed too please...

Waffleking
11-13-2014, 05:49 PM
Will this deploy for the fix also resolve the problem for reduced in damage on mobs too? Players are also experiencing damage nerfed on mobs, for those that used to hit 400-500, are now only hitting the same mobs at 250-350 damage... That's with everything equipped with best item, including head, feet, artifacts etc....
This will need to be fixed too please...

Hi Lara

We are looking into this issue for the same binary release. Again this new feature was never supposed to take away anything from our players only add. If you would not mind posting your player id so we can look into this that would be fantastic.

Lara4578
11-13-2014, 05:58 PM
Here's my ID: 748-424-649

Fromm
11-13-2014, 06:44 PM
So should we hold off on the update?

Valid or
11-13-2014, 07:07 PM

I have the same issue, can't post pics due to size.
I can also only use 30. Glad someone posted a pic to show it, couldn't think how to describe enough in words.

Waffleking
11-13-2014, 07:38 PM
So should we hold off on the update?

Yes you should update. We are in the process of deploying all necessary fixes that have been reported.

Gal
11-13-2014, 07:48 PM

A better question IMNSHO is why do you insist upon major releases right before war. Clearly the shakeout testing is never sufficient. If these releases were timed immediately following war, they would be less impactful, IMO.

1) Pay attention to ALL responses from beta testers - if a defect is found, make sure it is repaired and retested prior to release
2) Modify release schedule to fall AFTER war weekends. Then ensure appropriate coverage to resolve reported issues.

Toddahhhh
11-13-2014, 09:14 PM
The workshop is now up, for those that were waiting impatiently :)

Shadows
11-13-2014, 09:56 PM
Interesting hardball play there, Gree.... first release an incredibly buggy update, then force your users to upgrade to it before you've fixed all the bugs....

does this mean customer appreciation month is over? lol

Jnsolberg
11-13-2014, 09:57 PM
I was forced to upgrade. A few observations:

1). My stats are ok
2). I only can bring 30 units to battle, which means I have 10 allies
3). I lost an attack 1.1b to 720m. Twice.
4). The Pumpkin Head voucher, which we won for 39/39 on the Icabod Chain Raid Boss (supposed to be equivalent to a 300k unit) is worth 13attack / 13 defense when equipped.

Sigh...

truthteller
11-13-2014, 10:31 PM
same here
Forced to upgrade
Profile "i" to see army only shows 30/30 for units, weapons and armor
Then head, feet and artifacts are 0/30
Still loosing attacks having 1 bil stats vs 250m DEF

Please fix this mess, war starts in 12 hours !!!!

B. W.
11-13-2014, 11:02 PM
How can I upgrade building with apologies? Or maybe I should donate apologies to the guild?

Idkette
11-14-2014, 02:16 AM
hi, can we have an update on the current bug please?

Vixia.
11-14-2014, 02:29 AM
30/30 is a display bug and will be fixed in the next update. Just buy more stuff and you'll see the stats for atk and def for your alliance increase. And you can also experiment with the best equipemnt for your hero to see have atk or def as high as possible. You can also see the bonuses on the equipment you're using.

I've done the update and have equipped everything that can be equipped, and my stats are the same as before. I have bought more armor and weapons for my army to see those numbers increase too.

My damage hitting, for example the hut on Maleba Island, is even bigger now after the crafting thing was released :) I love this new feature! :D

The Battle Mage
11-14-2014, 02:36 AM
I have been unable to login to Kingdom Age for over 24 hours since I upgraded my game.
I logged a support call and I am still waiting for a response.

Is the a solution for my issue ?
If there is will, will it be effected before the War event starts today ?

It is very disappointing and extremely frustrating that after investing a great deal of time and effort in completing the recent box events and associated quests, I now find mysel in limbo.
It would have been far from ideal to experience any of the aforementioned reported issues but at least I would still have been in the game.

I now find myself in a very difficult position, having no idea if I will be able to participate in the War event starting today and no assurance as yet that my game will be recovered.

For the record my support ticket is #2040400 and I would appreciate a prompt response.

Bic
11-14-2014, 04:34 AM
Another problem I have found is that as soon as you craft the ring shield if you have collected the 8 units from the Box event, the tick disappears off the check list for the wrapper unit. Does this mean that if you then get the 10th skeleton you will still not receive the award for the wrapper???

Jnsolberg
11-14-2014, 06:25 AM
4.5 hours before the war, and my 1149m attack still looses to 720m defense. This needs to be fixed ASAP.
My game code is 860-951-227

Spock_
11-14-2014, 06:27 AM
Hi Waffleking and tadaaah

We have two players in our guild, having their character in an iPhone 4.
It doesn't work anymore, meaning they can't connect to the game when an iPod can do it.

Could it be fixed before beginning of wars or not ?

Otherwise, new features seems really interesting, but it could be better with more information about them and less display bugs :rolleyes:

... And agreed - Raids/Fights are taking about 20-25 seconds to complete...

Gal
11-14-2014, 07:33 AM
Agreed - Raids are taking almost 30 actual real seconds to complete.

Jnsolberg
11-14-2014, 07:49 AM
PvP is really messed up, and the war starts in @ 3 hours. I have 3 games affected.
The first one has 1149m attack. He's loses to peeps with 642m, 720m and 983m defense
The second one has 860m attack! he lost 3/4 to someone with 779m defense.
The third game has 943m attack, he defeated a peep with 793m defense 3/3 times, so he seems normal.

I should not ever lose to someone with half my stats, and should very rarely lose to someone 20% lower. This needs to be fixed.

Please look into this right away.

Waffleking
11-14-2014, 10:44 AM
4.5 hours before the war, and my 1149m attack still looses to 720m defense. This needs to be fixed ASAP.
My game code is 860-951-227

Hello Jnsolberg

Are you still having issues? Have you closed down Kingdom Age as well as close it down by double clicking the home button and closing down the application. This should put you on the latest dataset and should solve your problem.

Valid or
11-14-2014, 10:53 AM
Any word on the equipment slots(army stats) for allies being fixed? Last I saw we were only allowed 30 max for each category.

Waffleking
11-14-2014, 11:02 AM
Any word on the equipment slots(army stats) for allies being fixed? Last I saw we were only allowed 30 max for each category.

Hello Valid or

This is only a display bug. You are bringing the correct number of allies to all your fights. This is just something that is being displayed incorrectly and we will be fixing it in our next client build.

truthteller
11-14-2014, 11:19 AM
WaffleKing

so if we still bring 1500 units to battle (regardless of the display bug)
does that mean we can buy 1,500 feet, head and 3,000 artifact (which you only have 1 of each in the store) to equip our 1,500 units?

the_bob
11-14-2014, 11:25 AM
I can't raid anyone. when I tap on a building or player the app instantly crashes.

truthteller
11-14-2014, 11:29 AM
I can't raid anyone. when I tap on a building or player the app instantly crashes.

At least you get in
I am getting "your session is invalid" and does not start lol

the_bob
11-14-2014, 12:20 PM
Attacking somebody during the war often results in a "not connected" message. So I restart your crappy app and see that it deducted the 25 health from me but there was no battle result. No win, no loss. It just wastes health for no reason.

You should all be ashamed for releasing this game.

Waffleking
11-14-2014, 12:32 PM
WaffleKing

so if we still bring 1500 units to battle (regardless of the display bug)
does that mean we can buy 1,500 feet, head and 3,000 artifact (which you only have 1 of each in the store) to equip our 1,500 units?

yes except for the artifacts. Your army units only bring in one of each type so it would be 1500 artifacts as well.Only your hero can have two artifact slots.

Tadaaah
11-14-2014, 12:32 PM
Hello Jnsolberg. The team checked this out for you and things are operating as they should. When you are in battle it takes your hero equipment, army equipment, and army into consideration. If you lose in one more than you win in the others, you can lose the overall battle.

Shade CBD
11-14-2014, 12:45 PM
Hello Jnsolberg. The team checked this out for you and things are operating as they should. When you are in battle it takes your hero equipment, army equipment, and army into consideration. If you lose in one more than you win in the others, you can lose the overall battle.

So the way to win a war was changed without any pre announcement? What the heck is wrong with gree? These new rules void out hard work and makes war a mess. Congrats on setting this sinking ship aflame

Gendur
11-14-2014, 12:55 PM
war is messed up, first we cant log in and now we lose against players with half our stats!!! and were is the cp attack bonus gone to???

B. W.
11-14-2014, 12:55 PM
I have received 999999 of gold. Where is the reward? Where is it I'm asking!

B. W.
11-14-2014, 01:29 PM
I have lost to guy 30m lower def than my attack. Explain this GREEd. Have some courage to explain what you have done to that game.

Waffleking
11-14-2014, 01:35 PM
I have lost to guy 30m lower def than my attack. Explain this GREEd. Have some courage to explain what you have done to that game.

Hello BW

If you post your player ID we will get to the bottom of this and get you an answer.

Lys
11-14-2014, 01:35 PM

So... you just invalidated every cent I've spent on this game with one arbitrary decision by the development team to change the entire function of the game. Congrats on not even telling us anything about how the new status quo is supposed to be, and explaining exactly who it is that with 1.5 billion + attack, I am now capable of losing to someone with 1/100th that amount.

This entire crafting and 3.0 update was handled so miserably, I wasn't sure what it is that I've been looking at. It certainly isn't a company capable of success, not with this approach to things. downright furious, not to mention the further complications of the inane decision to launch v3.0 36 hours before war has resulted in a general lack of interest in this war due to the fact that half our guild can't connect, and the other half that can get in have limited to no ability to do anything in game.

Munseyspin
11-14-2014, 01:37 PM
So I completed HRB for the conquest attack boost for this event. After that you changed the game to invalidate the boost. Do I go to you or Apple for my money back?

EDIT: OK, hands up, I did n't spend money. Gave that up months ago, but hypothetically some people will have, and so the point is still valid

B. W.
11-14-2014, 01:43 PM
44-962-262
Sorry I cannot upload screenshot but it seems to be some unreal restrictions to pic size

B. W.
11-14-2014, 01:45 PM
441-962-262.
Sorry Waffleking

Uberfauker
11-14-2014, 01:49 PM
The game is not the same anymore, I... I don't know what to say, I'm just sitting here trying to type words to tell you how disappointed I am with the new methods of calculating wins and I'm just shaking my head...It takes forever to calculate who wins a fight...

I don't even want to open the game.

disaster

Silent follower
11-14-2014, 02:07 PM

Here is something I don't get. People are complaining that they loose to players 100M+ lower than their total unit attack vs the opponents unit defense. Hero attack and in the thousands, maybe 10k for really strong players. Equipment attack is in the 10k's, maybe 100k for strong players. How can these two combined cause a loss if there is a difference in 100's of millions in the total unit attack? Is there a some kind of % of win instead of raw numbers? As with raw numbers you can't loose from the two others types vs total attack. Could you elaborate your explanation a little more?

4dam6
11-14-2014, 02:10 PM
Agreed uber! Crafting items suck something terrible, war is all jacked up, losing to people with much less stats...and the list goes on and on!! good job Gree....good job!!

the_bob
11-14-2014, 02:42 PM
Conquest Attack bonus doesn't appear to be applying any longer.

Erageous
11-15-2014, 12:51 AM
will the lag be adjusted in pvp? It's taking sometimes upto 90 secs for raids and war attacks. So much for a guild trying to organize a blitz.

E-I
11-15-2014, 06:59 AM
This update is awful. It is slow, it is not fun, it is confusing, and it greatly devalues all of the stats that people have spend LOTS OF MONEY collecting.

E-I
11-15-2014, 07:02 AM
Agreed uber! Crafting items suck something terrible, war is all jacked up, losing to people with much less stats...and the list goes on and on!! good job Gree....good job!!

I lost to somebody with 750m lower stats. Yes, 750 million.

What is the point of spending money on stats if Gree will make the irrelevant with a single update?

Bilbo
11-15-2014, 08:15 AM
If you all were trying to improve game I think you failed big time! If you were trying to convince 100 of the top 500 players to leave, you succeed.

This will push the game backwards and force many to retire

the_bob
11-15-2014, 08:56 AM
If we're going to keep this stupid "best 2 out of 3" then it should be changed so that Army unit stats counts for more than 1. There's no way that having 3x the attack than the other guy has defense should result in a loss under ANY condition, even if your equipment stats are lower.

Shadows
11-15-2014, 10:21 AM
yes except for the artifacts. Your army units only bring in one of each type so it would be 1500 artifacts as well.Only your hero can have two artifact slots.

First of all, thx for this info, as it obviously makes a difference in the game!

Having said that, it's pretty puerile to expect us to tap the hat/shoes/artifacts buttons 1500x each to supply our army.. you really couldn't set up some kind of "buy ____ amount" tab??

Jomama1
11-15-2014, 10:31 AM
Will get my 240 gems refunded that were accidentally spent when the game lagged while I was trying to buy headbands?

That was so much fun - tap 1500 times for headbands- a true gaming experience that made me feel so clever - not

Jomama1
11-15-2014, 10:32 AM
So gree's answer to declining gamerbase is to push more out the door with a confusing and buggy update released on the eve of war. I have had several guildmembers quit in the middle of war. Great job gree!

cecil
11-15-2014, 10:47 AM
The Thorned Boots were given as 39/39 reward for raid boss and they are worth 19 att/ 8 def. How is this comparable to a unit worth over 100,000 att/ 100,000 def?

grizzlybear
11-16-2014, 10:53 AM
Look I have been playing this game forever you will lose many people over this hope I'm not one but you never know you basically at the start of a war changed everything in the game and no one I knows cares about shoes I would ask you to please remove crafting it is a huge failure throw a lot of gems at the faithful who stay and stop messing with a game we enjoy till you start tinkering IF IT AIN'T BROKE DON'T FIX IT

Acadian
12-01-2014, 06:24 PM
It actually is not that bad, but the players that were stuck at level 200 for months that farmed gold, also farmed way better equipment than us that have done guild quests the whole time, friend of mine is 112k k alliance attack to my 26k, he was 200 when I met him 10 months ago, I am just now 153. There are good units that drop in the higher levels, but to farm them I cannot do trials at the same time, how about at least having the trial mobs randomly drop the items that drop in whatever zone they are in, or base it on the trial mobs' strength. Will take me months and months to catch up to the old school guys in that category.