PDA

View Full Version : Are the special crates for gold purchase worth anything?

btramer
11-13-2014, 10:45 AM
I know they used to be more valuable before the massive stats increases but is there any point to them now? Most of the available items in these crates aren't particularly impressive, but they mention a special item if you collect whatever items they have specified for the week - anybody ever do this, and is the prize worth the (most likely) expensive effort to obtain?

Evan1000
11-13-2014, 12:18 PM
Not at all don't buy them.. buy henchmen instead

B0ST0N
11-13-2014, 12:35 PM
I always wondered what henchman were. I have 500 mafia.. Says only 49 henchman.. wtf does that mean lol

btramer
11-13-2014, 12:45 PM
I always wondered what henchman were. I have 500 mafia.. Says only 49 henchman.. wtf does that mean lol

They're basically mafia members that aren't actual people. You are awarded them for certain things in the game, and you can't boot them out of your mafia easily like you could a live person that joined your mafia. Also, for some reason they added the ability to actually use gold to buy them despite them being 1000% useless. So, it became kind of a joke a long time ago that for some reason people continue to repeat years later.

That said, my question still stands

B0ST0N
11-13-2014, 12:46 PM
They're basically mafia members that aren't actual people. You are awarded them for certain things in the game, and you can't boot them out of your mafia easily like you could a live person that joined your mafia. Also, for some reason they added the ability to actually use gold to buy them despite them being 1000% useless. So, it became kind of a joke a long time ago that for some reason people continue to repeat years later.

That said, my question still stands

Just making sure. Don't want them to be some special mafia and I could be missing out on better stats. Does it automatically replace a mafia member?

Evan1000
11-13-2014, 01:10 PM
Just making sure. Don't want them to be some special mafia and I could be missing out on better stats. Does it automatically replace a mafia member?

The ones you buy in the store are special, buy as many of them as you can.

B0ST0N
11-13-2014, 01:13 PM
The ones you buy in the store are special, buy as many of them as you can.

Define "special".

Evan1000
11-13-2014, 01:26 PM
Define "special".

Special= For each henchman you buy, GREE makes another million and sits there laughing at you

TheWarthog
11-13-2014, 02:19 PM
Special= For each henchman you buy, GREE makes another million and sits there laughing at you

That made me laugh.

To answer the OP, to me, no. I don't buy the crates anymore. When they were cheaper than the sale gold AND you got cash AND weapons I did. But I haven't since they raised the price to be a little higher than a comparable amount of gold alone. As a matter of fact I haven't bought any gold since then. I might be enticed IF they drop the prices again or if they run a 30-40% off sale.

Benjibbks5
11-14-2014, 01:43 AM
Buy them only if you started a new account and have loads of gold to burn. This can bring your stats up quickly but at the same time keep your level low.

smokey77
11-14-2014, 01:48 AM
Not at all don't buy them.. buy henchmen instead

Is it not bad enough that Gree robs people of gold at every turn through missplaced splash screens etc without forum members encoraging new players to waste gold like this ?

B0ST0N
11-14-2014, 04:35 AM
I'm not buying gold for war. I usually but 2 vaults or more.

I needed one more WRENCH to get 10. Spent 2700 gold (yes im stupid)... and didn't get it. Therefore gree will not be getting $$ from may anymore. Went from top 5 to a top 50. Thanks for helping me save money gree! I OWE YOU

lolololol

cynicalmofo
11-14-2014, 09:14 AM
I'm not buying gold for war. I usually but 2 vaults or more.

I needed one more WRENCH to get 10. Spent 2700 gold (yes im stupid)... and didn't get it. Therefore gree will not be getting $$ from may anymore. Went from top 5 to a top 50. Thanks for helping me save money gree! I OWE YOU

lolololol

Don't worry, you'll still see rivals with matching stats and will still find targets in every war... 2700 gold which either way would have left you treading water

Evan1000
11-15-2014, 06:16 AM
Is it not bad enough that Gree robs people of gold at every turn through missplaced splash screens etc without forum members encoraging new players to waste gold like this ?

Is it bad enough people can't understand sarcasm nowadays that you are now comparing me with GREE?

You, my friend, need some henchman

smokey77
11-15-2014, 07:22 AM
Is it bad enough people can't understand sarcasm nowadays that you are now comparing me with GREE?

You, my friend, need some henchman

The only thing I can`t understand is that post :confused:

Evan1000
11-15-2014, 08:53 AM

Gist of my comment: buy henchman ;)

ghetto69143
11-15-2014, 05:41 PM

Gist of my comment: buy henchman ;)
+1
Man, Sarcasm sure does make me come back to the forum day after day..
can you recommend any particular henchmen ??

ghetto69143
11-15-2014, 05:52 PM
I know they used to be more valuable before the massive stats increases but is there any point to them now? Most of the available items in these crates aren't particularly impressive, but they mention a special item if you collect whatever items they have specified for the week - anybody ever do this, and is the prize worth the (most likely) expensive effort to obtain?

I would look at those crates as if they are very similar to the box event. I was willing to purchase a crate just to see what I get but then I remembered the name of this game. You will have better odds using gold elsewhere and getting awarded prizes.

Most of the available items in these crates aren't particularly impressive
It seems as if you answered your own question

Evan1000
11-15-2014, 07:13 PM
+1
Man, Sarcasm sure does make me come back to the forum day after day..
can you recommend any particular henchmen ??

Of course.. the one that costs more gold

Dctrbar
11-18-2014, 09:08 PM
Buy them only if you started a new account and have loads of gold to burn. This can bring your stats up quickly but at the same time keep your level low.

Even better, just pay the 15 gold to be vip for 1 hour and you'll get at least 50. Trick to getting more is u have to keep, accepting them to make room for more invites. It maxes out at 50, so if u make room for more before the hour runs out, you'll keep getting invites. I got 110 in 1 hour.