PDA

View Full Version : Android 5.0 Lollipop

interox
11-13-2014, 07:30 AM
Some of the newer android devices will be getting the latest version of android - Lollipop (android 5.0) over the next few weeks. The question is whether the game will be compatible with this latest upgrade. If not will probably delay the upgrade until the game code is changed to make it compatible and stable.

DEWIN NUTTIN
11-13-2014, 07:43 AM
Some of the newer android devices will be getting the latest version of android - Lollipop (android 5.0) over the next few weeks. The question is whether the game will be compatible with this latest upgrade. If not will probably delay the upgrade until the game code is changed to make it compatible and stable.

don't hold your breath.

interox
11-13-2014, 07:45 AM
LOL, good answer. You must lack confidence that Gree is on top of the situation..

Agent Orange
11-13-2014, 12:11 PM

Great and Gree will break all of the older versions while making a few early adopters 'happy'. Are you out of your mind???

alexmodernwar
11-13-2014, 03:33 PM
got lollipop on my nexus 7 2012 and game does not load grey screen and thats it

correction deleted cache and now opens ok

interox
11-13-2014, 04:29 PM
I was asking before making decision to update...

interox
11-13-2014, 04:31 PM
Great and Gree will break all of the older versions while making a few early adopters 'happy'. Are you out of your mind???

I was just asking before making decision as to whether to accept OTA update to the device.

interox
11-13-2014, 04:32 PM
got lollipop on my nexus 7 2012 and game does not load grey screen and thats it

correction deleted cache and now opens ok

Does the game play OK?

Dirty Mind
11-13-2014, 04:48 PM
Why can Android come up with better names than 'Ice cream sandwich" Or 'lollipop'. I will definately wait a few days before updating if I can, wait to see if the forum explodes first.

interox
11-13-2014, 04:50 PM
Why can Android come up with better names than 'Ice cream sandwich" Or 'lollipop'. I will definately wait a few days before updating if I can, wait to see if the forum explodes first.

Always a good idea to wait a while before updating the OS. Look what happen to the latest iOS update.

Jannski
11-14-2014, 06:40 AM

They go alphabetical order through the alphabet and pick a dessert name that's not a branded or copyright name (like Jello). The next will be a dessert starting with m.

They also put a statue on their campus to commemorate the latest launch.

I guess it's as good as any way to pick a name... but I'm with you... some of the letters need better desserts! :-) I really am curious to see at what point do they have to give up and skip a letter.

bergmystr
11-14-2014, 09:59 AM
They go alphabetical order through the alphabet and pick a dessert name that's not a branded or copyright name (like Jello). The next will be a dessert starting with m.

They also put a statue on their campus to commemorate the latest launch.

I guess it's as good as any way to pick a name... but I'm with you... some of the letters need better desserts! :-) I really am curious to see at what point do they have to give up and skip a letter.

I think they skipped 'A' and 'B' as far as deserts are concerned... Alpha, and Beta.. correct me if I'm wrong, but those were internal releases to the dev teams at Google

DEWIN NUTTIN
11-14-2014, 10:53 AM
They actually started code names with cupcake, although it appears an afterthought.
Some say android 1.1 was initially referred to as: petit four, eventually being known as "cupcake"!

http://www.android.com/history/

http://android.stackexchange.com/questions/11400/what-are-the-names-of-the-various-versions-of-the-android-os-and-how-are-these

Tadaaah
11-14-2014, 11:58 AM
The team is still testing this. So far, we're only seeing some funny text display, so we should be ready to go for this update.

Adm. J(K96)
11-14-2014, 12:10 PM
The team is still testing this. So far, we're only seeing some funny text display, so we should be ready to go for this update.

They didn't see any issues with the last 3 iOS releases. Look how that turned out.

alexmodernwar
11-14-2014, 05:14 PM
Yes plays fine, on my nexus 2012 after i cleared the cache, that was about 1.7gb for this game.
as mod says fonts are weird.
Works ok on tablet but chrome seems very slow now lots of lag

Uri Teva
11-18-2014, 06:43 PM
Hi,
I tried to reinstall after upgrading to lollipop due to the favt that the hame stopped working..
Now I get an error while installing the app...

Any ideas?

raw2
11-18-2014, 08:35 PM
Works fine with 2013 Nexus 7 and I like the way the fonts are .

Pidgeot
11-26-2014, 01:07 AM
Just updated my Nexus and Modern War has stopped working. My mini is on it. With upcoming LTQ this will be a big blow to the team.

SunWuKong
11-26-2014, 05:39 AM
will wait for a while till it has stabilized before updating it.

keeskiller
11-26-2014, 05:46 AM
plays perfectly on my samsung s5. no probs at all actually. Summoning bosses with some help of the rival Refresh button.. that's it

General Burke
11-26-2014, 02:56 PM
Just bought a new Nexus and the game keeps crashing on lollipop