PDA

View Full Version : How to fix this mess

Agent Orange
11-13-2014, 05:40 AM
Ok this is getting rediculous. I think as players we should take a long hard look at what is going on. Some players are actually able to play without a lot of issues, some have display and crashing issues and some can no longer access the game.

This all started with updates to the app, there are a niumber of possible causes that do not appear to be addressed by Gree.

1 Game Center access, some folks including myself think that log in issues might be related to this.
Solution - disable it.

2 Invisible graphic elements, buildings and mission targets. This is actually an ongoing issue for some Android players. Games dataset is so bloated that it exceeds available memory on device.
Solution - reduce number of elements especially unused targets.

3 Broken vault, again appears to be tied to app being unable to load enough of it's dataset to display/work properly.

4 in game crashes/freezes, again likely tied to a bloated dataset. I think we as end users have to realize that we can no longer have as many new buildings and units as this is likely what is choking the game.

5 support for legacy devices, likely the most unpopular thought as we will loose players granted we've already lost them based on the mess the app is in. In other words do we sacrafice these players or do we demand that Gree get rid of all the new features until we get back to the point where everyone can play?
My personal view on this is that the game is so bloated now that I would much prefer to get rid of this fancy new crap and streamline the dataset so that the game runs more efficiently and everyone can get back into the game.

I also think that Gree should freeze all events until such time as we have a working game otherwise you can kiss your user base goodbye if it isn't already too late.

dan2407
11-13-2014, 05:59 AM
Also what would help is if people in sup/osw put their egos aside and stop silly spending until it is fixed, I mean why make 40-50mil Wd Points on a broken game, what is gonna push gree into sorting this out when teams spending hasn't stopped? It's so dumb it's unthinkable

Kefa
11-13-2014, 06:00 AM
Why not just put 4.4 back on the App Store and go back to beta with the new ideas until they are refined and ready for release?

Mcdoc
11-13-2014, 06:02 AM
Hear Hear 8-)

Big John
11-13-2014, 06:02 AM
We have given them plenty of suggestions but they don't appear to be listening.

This makes players think that they don't care.

Agent Orange
11-13-2014, 06:15 AM

Agree 1000% on that.

The Pharoah
11-13-2014, 06:25 AM
I agree the variety of units is a choker with the number required each cycle. Could they be standardised, except for the top few prizes, with units prefixed to indicate their origin? 'WD', 'RB', 'EB', 'FL' ? This could also put a brake on stat inflation.

DEWIN NUTTIN
11-13-2014, 08:11 AM
With each passing hour, the once great fire becomes a mass of glowing coals, soon to become embers, smoke, then cold darkness.

Atego
11-13-2014, 08:26 AM

I totally agree. I posted a solution, that works for all of my affected team mates. Now they can play the game without freezes and lags, but gree did not give any comment or statements. They just ignore us. Today i contact apple, to get all my money back im invested in this rubbish game.

Tazamaraz
11-13-2014, 09:43 AM
I totally agree. I posted a solution, that works for all of my affected team mates. Now they can play the game without freezes and lags, but gree did not give any comment or statements. They just ignore us. Today i contact apple, to get all my money back im invested in this rubbish game.

My game is taking up almost 4 gigs on my ipad. In a while I won't be able to play at all. I play another game that uses their own servers to store the data. They call it the cloud. Catchy eh? Makes it easy to switch to another ipad or iphone if you buy a new one or yours crashes. Just load the app and let it download all the stuff you need to move the game to that device in under 2 minutes. It doesn't take up more than several hundred megs. Huge graphics and thousands of moving parts that operate with only megs, not gigs, on my device.

Too easy?

Pidgeot
11-13-2014, 09:49 AM
my gain was taking up 1.8 gb of space on my tablet. my guess its because of all the unused npcs and such. I just uninstalled the game and installed it again and it all went away but GREE does need better graphic management.

Twist of Cain
11-13-2014, 10:06 AM
my gain was taking up 1.8 gb of space on my tablet. my guess its because of all the unused npcs and such. I just uninstalled the game and installed it again and it all went away but GREE does need better management.

Fixed it for ya

Cmdr_Vessery
11-13-2014, 10:43 AM
Fastest way to fix it right now.. is to take 4.4, and rename it to 5.0 and release it for everybody to get back in game.. And, then, work in the changes that didn't work last week through extensive beta testing..

Easy enough...

pick_sax
11-13-2014, 11:10 AM
was just asked to do the survey in response to "closed", but unfixed / unresolved trouble tickets.

boy, that was fun! commenting on Preparation G!

agree with com cmdr_vessery. 4.4. but gree never seems to do the logical thing.

also, review your code changes, find out who made them and do a little staff reduction.

in the last several upgrades there were things that had been working well that were also broken. identifying the how and why of those and reduce some staff there.

AND SOMETHING VERY POSITIVE!!! cudos to the android team!!! you haven't put this stuff into your code base yet... or at the very least you haven't tried to push it out! DONT emulate this ios release! DONT put into your code base! DONT try to push it out if it is there and waiting!

Retired and not happy
11-13-2014, 12:11 PM
Thats like asking a smoker to stop, So if everyone stopped smoking the government would drop tobacco prices. Can you see that happening? No. Same as sup they wont stop spending. If they did other faction members could get a leg up on them.

Also what would help is if people in sup/osw put their egos aside and stop silly spending until it is fixed, I mean why make 40-50mil Wd Points on a broken game, what is gonna push gree into sorting this out when teams spending hasn't stopped? It's so dumb it's unthinkable

Agent Orange
11-13-2014, 12:17 PM
was just asked to do the survey in response to "closed", but unfixed / unresolved trouble tickets.

boy, that was fun! commenting on Preparation G!

agree with com cmdr_vessery. 4.4. but gree never seems to do the logical thing.

also, review your code changes, find out who made them and do a little staff reduction.

in the last several upgrades there were things that had been working well that were also broken. identifying the how and why of those and reduce some staff there.

AND SOMETHING VERY POSITIVE!!! cudos to the android team!!! you haven't put this stuff into your code base yet... or at the very least you haven't tried to push it out! DONT emulate this ios release! DONT put into your code base! DONT try to push it out if it is there and waiting!

No kidding, I just read someone posting about Android 5.0. Maybe Gree can do an update for that OS and lock out all previous versions like it has with IOS.

I did install 4.5.2 on my iPad 2 IOS 8.1 and it seems to 'work'. Loading the game is painfully slow but so far ok seemed like the app was trying for a server sync. I would not try loading 4.5.2 on any device that is not running IOS 8.1 as I suspect you will no longer be able to access the game like my 1st gen iPad.

Candyflosser
11-13-2014, 12:39 PM
No kidding, I just read someone posting about Android 5.0. Maybe Gree can do an update for that OS and lock out all previous versions like it has with IOS.

I did install 4.5.2 on my iPad 2 IOS 8.1 and it seems to 'work'. Loading the game is painfully slow but so far ok seemed like the app was trying for a server sync. I would not try loading 4.5.2 on any device that is not running IOS 8.1 as I suspect you will no longer be able to access the game like my 1st gen iPad.

It would be quite a feat for GREE to make a release that could lockout Android especially running 5.0
without deliberately attempting to do so. Android devices while there are lots of different ones also tend
to have 2-3GB of RAM (yes RAM is actually used in smartphones & tablets as opposed to the storage
space you are referring to mostly). Android 5.0 is a 64-bit OS & there are already 64-bit SOCs such as
the Snapdragon 808 & 810. The reason the kill all apps and power down hard/restart helps on problematic
iOS devices is because various apps including MW has memory leaks. That RAM is no longer accessible until
you kill all apps & hard power down & restart the device. That is one reason why some players are saying
performing that step helps. If you have a Jailbroken iOS run pstat or terminal & run the ps command to see
memory usage/heap size/etc. An awful lot of work for a player trying to play a game not actually perform
debugging of a game IMO but hey maybe someone wants to do it.

AfterHours-Oliver
11-13-2014, 12:41 PM

Running 4.5.2 on IOS 6.1.6 on 1st gen iPod touch by deleting the app and reinstalling it. Runs fine, confused!

Dborg
11-13-2014, 01:37 PM
Running 4.5.2 on IOS 6.1.6 on 1st gen iPod touch by deleting the app and reinstalling it. Runs fine, confused!

I have the same version as you..will try it...but when it says "deleting modern war will also delete all of its data"...that's ok?..i wont lose anything when i reinstall?

AfterHours-Oliver
11-13-2014, 01:59 PM
I have the same version as you..will try it...but when it says "deleting modern war will also delete all of its data"...that's ok?..i wont lose anything when i reinstall?

I didn't lose game data, no. Back your device up to PC first so you can restore it though, just in case.

Agent Orange
11-13-2014, 06:37 PM

Just bricked 2 of 3 4th gen iPods running IOS 6.1.6 with MW 4.5.2. App crashes same as my iPad 1st gen. I also deleted app, which deleted the data set and now they will not log into game. Third iPod touch does get in and then crashes a few clicks later.

At this point I give up with this game.

xxZestxx
11-13-2014, 08:10 PM
I agree, there are to many things wrong, they should put back old version. Stop using us to beta test your stuff an not fixing it.

Q Raider
11-13-2014, 08:38 PM
Had these issues since day one with the game, steadily gotten worse, particularly with the multiple event situation that is now commonplace.

Some tips to improve performance.
Turn off
Sound
Music
Particle effects (heavy memory use here)

Get rid of low paying money buildings (eg supply depot)
Defence structures are also an option (eg minefields) given they are pretty much useless anyway given the stats players now have.

Gree could really assist by introducing a "delete" button in the inventories whereby you can select unused units and remove them from the inventory ..... (whilst I have grown fond of my several thousand Tree Snipers, they have never actually been tested in battle since day one)

Apollo13
11-14-2014, 04:37 PM
This is a real fixed. This version of MW is great. It helps Modern War addicts to quit the game. It won't let me get into game. It fails to load and come up with a blank black screen and then it jumps out of the app. And I think people in GREE will only start to catch up on this after their weekend BBQ.

headfaction
11-14-2014, 07:25 PM
I like to grab one of these gree mother f$&@ers but the head and teach them a few things about how to run a game....

Speed ump
11-14-2014, 07:52 PM
Dan if you somehow think sup spending or not spending would change much, I'd have to say you're deluding yourself. Gree has proven they will continue on the course they choose despite all logic and reason. They've already lost more players from their inability to properly handle this issue than the spenders in sup. They will lose more. So it's going to be fixed in a week or two they say. Wasn't it earlier this week it was going to be fixed in a few hours? Plus in two updates prior to that? All while contuining events at their standard pace.

Adm. J(K96)
11-14-2014, 08:45 PM
Seems the handed their Kingdom Age players the same crap sandwich they hand people here. War weekend, new update and, tadaah! similar issues.

SpikeyKit
11-15-2014, 01:46 AM
I miss the old days where games didnt need a huge amount of space. Like the C & C
Lots moving around, huge bases took 1/3rd of space MW does.

It's like wtf is running in this app.

I use to delete the app and reinstall it to take up less space but since the buggy versions have been released I havent bothered