PDA

View Full Version : Losing Growlers left and right

Pidgeot
11-12-2014, 12:31 PM
Did they change the rate you lose units or something? whenever anyone attacks me, I lose growlers. I lost about 60 in 24 hours and my causality reduction is like -21% on what is suppose to be a low loss unit. Someone attacked me 12 times and I lost 12 growlers, 1 per hit. whats going one here? Sure I can replace them but they are not cheap to do so.

thunder
11-12-2014, 12:51 PM
What's your level Santa will like to help you if you can see level 300

krill
11-12-2014, 12:58 PM
I've noticed the same thing, just about every other time i get attacked im losing a growler, my casualty rate is -42% currently

fatbodychris
11-12-2014, 01:11 PM
It could be the fact that you might have 1000+ growlers that you bring to war compared to 50+ units that you may not have a lot of, but still take to war. I know that your chance might be higher to lose them because you bring so many more to battle.

elangomatt
11-12-2014, 01:22 PM
It could be the fact that you might have 1000+ growlers that you bring to war compared to 50+ units that you may not have a lot of, but still take to war. I know that your chance might be higher to lose them because you bring so many more to battle.

While that is all true, my guess is that the people posting here are noticing a sudden increase in the number of growlers they are losing. If you've been losing a few growlers every day then all of a sudden you start losing one every attack, you might think something was wrong too. I highly doubt they only recently put a bunch of growlers into their army.

I have not noticed any change in the growler death rate, but I haven't been attacked all that much recently either.

MAD NUGGETT
11-12-2014, 01:25 PM
Pretty sure casualty reduction does nothing. I'm positive the infirmary does nothing

Pidgeot
11-12-2014, 01:30 PM
Thats what Im thinking as well, which does suck. I do have over 1000 growlers but losing them every time I get attack and raided is absurd. With my boost, they are over 100k A/D so its worth buying them but seems their rate of loss is much higher than normal or the reduction boost dont work.

Dirty Mind
11-12-2014, 01:41 PM
I've noticed this too, the casualty reduction for the current LTE should help a lot (laughing sarcastically). I'm going to test the theory that you lose them more because we have more of them, by buying 5k of the cheapest units and see if I start losing those instead.

Demo
11-12-2014, 01:47 PM
I don't think that buying the cheapest units will tell you anything as they probably won't make your top 3kish. I too, have noticed that I am loosing Carriers quite a bit more than usual as well, and I know that is my lowest unit I bring to battle.

J1mcrane
11-12-2014, 01:49 PM
Been noticing this too. I put it down to stat inflation and players being able to inflict more damage, that's probably rubbish though but it made me feel better :)

Pidgeot
11-12-2014, 03:01 PM
I would just like to know what makes my army do I can make better choices.

Adm. J(K96)
11-12-2014, 03:04 PM
Is it another bug with the newest updates? Or more likely maybe a new issue with the server side fix that was done?

J1mcrane
11-12-2014, 03:08 PM
Is it another bug with the newest updates? Or more likely maybe a new issue with the server side fix that was done?

I noticed this before the latest round of "hiccups". It seemed to be around the time of the major stat inflation for me.

Huj
11-12-2014, 03:27 PM
what are these growlers I keep hearing about? Are they like the top $ sea unit you can buy when you have unit building lvl 9?

Dirty Mind
11-12-2014, 04:36 PM
what are these growlers I keep hearing about? Are they like the top $ sea unit you can buy when you have unit building lvl 9?

its the top air unit. I believe you need your Air Field to lvl 10 to buy them

Bluehavana2
11-12-2014, 04:52 PM
Seems like the growler casualty rate haS increased for me as well

Pidgeot
11-12-2014, 05:45 PM

Every unit type has a Captain unit. Infantry has "Captain Frontline Leader", which is a 20k attack and 26k defense unit, Ground has Captain Breacher, which is a 24k attack and defense unit, Air has the Captain Growler, which has 28k attack and 25k defense and lastly, Sea has the Captain Carrier, which has 22k attack and 28k defense. They are pretty expensive to buy but if you can afford them, they are great for stats, since having close to 400% and higher in their boost makes them into 100k a/d units, which can add millions if you by 50 at a time.

Problem is lately, any attack or raid you take cost you to lose them, which is annoying since they are so expensive.