PDA

View Full Version : Data use

Warlord78
11-12-2014, 08:03 AM
Cc is taking up 2 gigs. Is there a way to have it take up less space? Any help is appreciated

smokey77
11-12-2014, 08:05 AM
go to apps - crime city - clear data

*edit - thats for android btw , not sure for ios

Warlord78
11-12-2014, 08:11 AM
Does anyone know for iPad?

Weasel
11-12-2014, 08:36 AM
I don't think there's any way to manually delete app data on iOS. I just checked on my iPad and CC is 85.9 MB but takes an additional 419MB. My best guess would be to delete the app and reinstall it. Crime City HD is even worse (86.4 MB app with 683 MB in data stored).

Warlord78
11-12-2014, 08:50 AM
Thanks weasel

Vile Lynn
11-12-2014, 09:09 AM
I wouldn't download the update just yet... The new update is having loads of problems for some players.

-Batman-
11-12-2014, 09:15 AM
I hate the latest update. Hoods load empty then building load, doesn't remember map locations, dread to think how much data is being used on cellular networks

ghetto69143
11-12-2014, 01:36 PM
Cc is taking up 2 gigs. Is there a way to have it take up less space? Any help is appreciated

This pertains to Android users, but
be mindful before you clear the data! make sure you know your funzio ID & password. clearing the data is very liable to force you to contact gree for a manual transfer. just make sure you have an ID & pw, then uninstall then reinstall. if it is during an event, upon loading cc and you dont see event icons(i.e box or battle icons) quit cc normally then restart the app. i reinstall cc about once a month when its getting close to 1gb in data. its actually going quicker because of last update. if you havent updated, do not follow these steps as they will automatically give you the updated version

ghetto69143
11-12-2014, 01:49 PM
By the way,
If you dont want to reinstall cc and just want to clear the data.
1. make sure you have your funzio ID & PW
2. go to phone settings and clear the data( mind you this will be a 50/50 on whether you actually delete the account) but do not worry. If you have the ID and PW, it will be fine
3. If CC goes back to the tutorial after clearing the data just go through the tutorial and once done, ho to Menu, More, Funzio ID. click on transfer and then click "New Device" then use ID and PW. Game will prompt you to restart CC. once everything is back in order, make sure to go to funzio ID and check to see that you are signed in with ID and PW will remain.
I can say this all confidently because I am always tinkering with my phone and constantly having to double and triple check everything with "funzio" so as not to lose my acct

smokey77
11-12-2014, 02:19 PM
I`ve cleared the data on my device loads of times , the only issue I`ve ever had is when I`ve done it while I am fighting an epic boss , on re-entering the game the boss is gone and needs to be triggered again .

ghetto69143
11-12-2014, 03:37 PM
I`ve cleared the data on my device loads of times , the only issue I`ve ever had is when I`ve done it while I am fighting an epic boss , on re-entering the game the boss is gone and needs to be triggered again .

As a precautionary reason. I only say to have the Funzio ID and Pw available in case it does not work like it did for you

Synapse
11-13-2014, 06:14 AM
In addition to having your funzio name and pass. I would always keep your account preloaded for transfer in case you ever lose your device or it crashed.

Go into funzio click transfer and click old device.

ghetto69143
11-13-2014, 07:53 AM
In addition to having your funzio name and pass. I would always keep your account preloaded for transfer in case you ever lose your device or it crashed.

Go into funzio click transfer and click old device.

There is no need to be preloaded for "old device" because having the ID & Pw ready in the event you lose your acct. you can just go to transfer and select "new device', it will prompt for user name and pw and automatically bring the account back after successful login.

judah
11-13-2014, 11:21 AM
This pertains to Android users, but
be mindful before you clear the data! make sure you know your funzio ID & password. clearing the data is very liable to force you to contact gree for a manual transfer. just make sure you have an ID & pw, then uninstall then reinstall. if it is during an event, upon loading cc and you dont see event icons(i.e box or battle icons) quit cc normally then restart the app. i reinstall cc about once a month when its getting close to 1gb in data. its actually going quicker because of last update. if you havent updated, do not follow these steps as they will automatically give you the updated version

Very untrue. You will not need to contact gree for any reason after clearing data in app manager. Doing this does not delete game info from the system/data partition.

judah
11-13-2014, 11:22 AM
By the way,
If you dont want to reinstall cc and just want to clear the data.
1. make sure you have your funzio ID & PW
2. go to phone settings and clear the data( mind you this will be a 50/50 on whether you actually delete the account) but do not worry. If you have the ID and PW, it will be fine
3. If CC goes back to the tutorial after clearing the data just go through the tutorial and once done, ho to Menu, More, Funzio ID. click on transfer and then click "New Device" then use ID and PW. Game will prompt you to restart CC. once everything is back in order, make sure to go to funzio ID and check to see that you are signed in with ID and PW will remain.
I can say this all confidently because I am always tinkering with my phone and constantly having to double and triple check everything with "funzio" so as not to lose my acct

You really have no idea of the way Android works do you

Gr3g
11-13-2014, 09:59 PM
To manually clear the data on Android do this

download a file explorer from the play store make sure you can see ".hidden" files go to /mnt/Sdcard/android/data/com.funzio.crimecity/ and delete the "cache" folder THIS WILL NOT DELETE ACCOUNT it only has files like pics/layouts/buildings thus the name cache, i've gotten mine to 1.6 GB ...it gets that high when you have every building and decoration known to man also happens when you've had cc installed for a long time

Pic of cache folder (https://www.dropbox.com/s/7htc1oia59e3j12/qw4re5trytuyiuo8uytrewrytuioytreswa.png?dl=0)

Benjibbks5
11-14-2014, 01:38 AM
Very untrue. You will not need to contact gree for any reason after clearing data in app manager. Doing this does not delete game info from the system/data partition.

Actually, both ghetto and judah are right. Most of the time when clearing data, you can just load up CC and everything will be there as per normal. However on some occasions (I still have not figure out why...probably due to anti-virus program), after deleting data, you will be told there are 3 more associated files and if you want to delete them. If u chose yes, your account will be deleted and after loading CC, u will need to go through the tutorial and then use your ID and PW to bring the account back.

smokey77
11-14-2014, 01:41 AM
To manually clear the data on Android do this

download a file explorer from the play store make sure you can see ".hidden" files go to /mnt/Sdcard/android/data/com.funzio.crimecity/ and delete the "cache" folder THIS WILL NOT DELETE ACCOUNT it only has files like pics/layouts/buildings thus the name cache, i've gotten mine to 1.6 GB ...it gets that high when you have every building and decoration known to man also happens when you've had cc installed for a long time

Pic of cache folder (https://www.dropbox.com/s/7htc1oia59e3j12/qw4re5trytuyiuo8uytrewrytuioytreswa.png?dl=0)

You really don`t have to download anything to clear the data , settings>apps>crime city>clear data , brings the amount on device down to 47.89mb(on my experia anyway) . I`m not sure if the above gets the amount even lower but since you`ve had to download another app to do it then that will be adding on more data to your device surely ?

Gr3g
11-14-2014, 10:40 AM
You really don`t have to download anything to clear the data , settings>apps>crime city>clear data , brings the amount on device down to 47.89mb(on my experia anyway) . I`m not sure if the above gets the amount even lower but since you`ve had to download another app to do it then that will be adding on more data to your device surely ?

true however some file mangers are only 5 MB and on most androids a file manger is built in so look on your phone. Sometimes when you hit clear from the system on the newer androids like version 4.4 and 5.0 it will remove your account because not only does it reset/remove the unprotected and protected storage it removes any file it ever that app ever created. Sometimes it'll (your phone) ask you after you uninstall "The app Crime City is associated with the Folder Funzio would you like to remove this?" always hit no to this, that folder is what has your account. i'm not saying everyone will see the same thing but look out for those messages.

Hitting clear will get rid of the data i showed you how delete however, like i said sometimes it will get rid of more then you want if you're on a android 4.4 or above. Also for the older androids if you have an app manager installed it will most likely do the same thing.

i'm sorry i can't tell you more as it might void the ToS or something lol :)

ghetto69143
11-14-2014, 05:34 PM

I can put it to you this way. Based on my experience with clearing the Data via Android settings or If I was to use ES File Explorer with 4 devices. 2 are android phones and 2 are Android Tablets. My main acct I cleared the Data and when I restarted CC I had to go through Tutorial. I then when into Transfer acct as if it was a new device and my acct came back.
On one of my minor accts I accidentally cleared the data and when I restarted CC, I lost my acct and had to contact Gree to do a manual transfer.
As far as using a File explorer, i.e ES File Explorer, in my case, I would suggest NOT deleting anything in the com.funzio.crimecity
unless you know your ID and PW, as you run the risk of messing with your account.

I can care less how android works because I merely speak of my experience as I constantly use the file explorer for my own purposes.
OP, Please do not confuse the files in your file explorer, because the one in the home screen of the explorer, sdcard/funzio contains your "UUID" which is your actual account. Do not mess with that file