PDA

View Full Version : Do Gree deliberately mess the game up to get us to pack it in?

JimNI
11-08-2014, 10:06 AM
Downloaded the latest "fix" on my 2 devices yesterday before start of war, what a joke! Used stopwatch to time game start up, could have used a sundial ffs 7 mins 30 secs to load the game? Are you having a laugh Gree? To top it off, my main account asks me to select nation every time ( after waiting said 7:30) and takes gold for the privilege of choosing the same nation I've been for 2 years! Think the end is nigh for me and modern war, shame as it used to be fun!

Dezy
11-08-2014, 07:59 PM
Downloaded the latest "fix" on my 2 devices yesterday before start of war, what a joke! Used stopwatch to time game start up, could have used a sundial ffs 7 mins 30 secs to load the game? Are you having a laugh Gree? To top it off, my main account asks me to select nation every time ( after waiting said 7:30) and takes gold for the privilege of choosing the same nation I've been for 2 years! Think the end is nigh for me and modern war, shame as it used to be fun!

10min to load the game in fibre network.... Insane! Use 5% of power every logging in....

PollekeW
11-08-2014, 11:00 PM
It's either that or incompetence.
Or both

bam bam.
11-08-2014, 11:03 PM
And chewing massive data again

PollekeW
11-08-2014, 11:10 PM
They will fix that by making the in-game comments that you can post on other players wall even shorter.

bam bam.
11-09-2014, 02:13 AM
They will fix that by making the in-game comments that you can post on other players wall even shorter.

O n e l e t t e r a t a t i m e ?

Big John
11-09-2014, 06:05 AM
There are too many Gree games, too many events and not enough decent staff, IMO

Adm. J(K96)
11-09-2014, 06:13 AM

Couple that with being micromanaged from Japan.

Agent Orange
11-09-2014, 06:20 AM
That is an interesting thought, we know that button positioning is intentional, just look at the elongated use gold button in WD which is double the size and positioned so that it easily hit in the battle screens.

Jon Boy
11-09-2014, 06:48 AM
Agreed game is awful now. Accidentally spent 100 gold by unwanted refills. Also seem to have lost the arrows on the maps for targets outstanding. Rapidly losing faith.

WBS
11-09-2014, 11:16 AM
I haven't updated yet and I wont until this passes. I am one of the only ones in my faction not having problems.

I Will Merc You
11-09-2014, 11:34 AM
The 'placement' of buttons is appalling. The very idea of 'sneaking a couple extra gold bars' is shameful.

I am personally embarrassed for every dime I've spent playing MW. Fact is, we all should be. With that said, the fact that programmers are decietful, as well as incompentent, is the final straw.

"Hey, I have an idea...we can generate more money by making our players accidentally use gold". <------- who makes decisions around here? How can a company be so gutless?? Doesn't matter, so long as you hit your quarterly goals.

Instead of listening to your customers (less content, etc)...you instead deceitfully implement your own changes.

Again, who dafuq thought of, and approved, the button placement? A name would be good. A simple "we will fix it" doesn't compensate for the action already taken.

You have violated ALL of your players TOS.

AfterHours-Oliver
11-09-2014, 11:58 AM
The 'placement' of buttons is appalling. The very idea of 'sneaking a couple extra gold bars' is shameful.

I am personally embarrassed for every dime I've spent playing MW. Fact is, we all should be. With that said, the fact that programmers are decietful, as well as incompentent, is the final straw.

"Hey, I have an idea...we can generate more money by making our players accidentally use gold". <------- who makes decisions around here? How can a company be so gutless?? Doesn't matter, so long as you hit your quarterly goals.

Instead of listening to your customers (less content, etc)...you instead deceitfully implement your own changes.

Again, who dafuq thought of, and approved, the button placement? A name would be good. A simple "we will fix it" doesn't compensate for the action already taken.

You have violated ALL of your players TOS.

See, this is a really interesting response/series of points right here.

I can't help but think that, with the right message last week when the bugs appeared, none of this would have festered. Absolutely first rate example going on in front of us all as to how NOT to handle a faulty product. Companies have failed for lesser reasons and ridden out worse problems, largely down to how they have managed the problem and their PR/support.

Adm. J(K96)
11-09-2014, 12:36 PM
But ultimately it's this: the money is still rolling in.

I Will Merc You
11-09-2014, 12:53 PM
But ultimately it's this: the money is still rolling in.

Rolling in indeed.

Those who have had enough and stopped spending are a very small portion of the player-base.

The SouthPark video about freemium games nailed it. This game, by design, will always generate money. With that said, when/if we all stop, it will not matter. GREE has made so much money.....and their overhead is zero.

Rolinz
11-09-2014, 03:44 PM

I have to agree with you there.

Walli
11-10-2014, 02:46 AM
I too agree zero overheads makes for large profit on grees behalf

Big John
11-10-2014, 03:01 AM
It will all be the fault of higher management trying to push out half baked events so I should retract my statement about decent staff.
They are probably put under too much pressure.

AfterHours-Oliver
11-10-2014, 03:07 AM
It will all be the fault of higher management trying to push out half baked events so I should retract my statement about decent staff.
They are probably put under too much pressure.

Yes, great point. The mods on here will have to tow the party line and present an appearance of solidarity with the wider firm they work for.

The devs will be under pressure to deliver and the decision to increase the number and frequency of events will be taken at a different level, a higher one.

Whilst the answers that are provided on here from mods are not always the ones we want to hear, anyone going against the party line is not likely to have a long term career with Gree (no different to anywhere else. You wouldn't publicly slate your employer and expect to keep your job, would you?) and we should work with the mods to be objective and pragmatic in the hope that some of this gets fed back into the Gree machine.

kimo
11-10-2014, 05:33 AM
mine takes up to 15 mins

too long lags, crazy ask of gold

I have spent 20 gold because of time lag to get energy refill, lost the 20 bars and didn't even get the energy
posted a ticket with no response!!!!

I Will Merc You
11-10-2014, 08:27 AM
No ill will at all in regards to mods.

I like to think of them as GM car salesmen...

...they are doing a great job selling cars full of recalls.

Not their fault.

Tadaaah
11-10-2014, 10:46 AM
This is a rather interesting read with rather interesting theories. Can't comment on them. Just letting you know, they have been read and noted.

AfterHours-Oliver
11-10-2014, 11:15 AM
This is a rather interesting read with rather interesting theories. Can't comment on them. Just letting you know, they have been read and noted.

You could have just said "I agree"! It's not like the managers who are sticking you in the firing line are going to visit the forum.....!

JimNI
11-10-2014, 11:35 AM
Hopefully someone at Gree will take note. I put a ticket in on Saturday and got a nonsense response, then a further message requesting my view on support. Please don't waste your time and mine on these pointless responses and surveys, you know we are not happy, don't make us state the obvious - we just want the issues fixed!

Expendables 2
11-10-2014, 11:41 AM
In answer to the OP... Yes and Yes