PDA

View Full Version : Specter Hunt

Weasel
11-05-2014, 08:09 PM
Notice the lack of threads bashing this Epic Boss event?

Maybe people are busy enjoying it. Make a note, Gree. This format is really good.

sister morphine
11-05-2014, 10:55 PM
The format is a gift for strong low levels (no change there!). For high level players who went for the 24hr prize it's fun but means you can't fully contribute to syn effort (edit: over 5 days).

I still prefer the MW form - 150 bosses over 4 days with a good prize every five levels from 100 on.

On the downside (sad there has to be one....) it's annoying that EB appears on both games at the same time. Reaching the goal is a time consuming effort. With that in mind I don't think I could have done the MW successfully without bashing through the CC boss on day #1.

Naughty Nolan
11-06-2014, 12:01 AM
I really like this format. It's a crunch if your running more than one hood to do it 24 hrs but you just have to decide which one is more important to you to have the extra mods. As far as reaching 100 the first day and not being able to help your syn thats just not the case. with 60 people in a syn that means they each only have to do 5 in 24 hours. Not too tough!

sister morphine
11-06-2014, 12:25 AM
I really like this format. It's a crunch if your running more than one hood to do it 24 hrs but you just have to decide which one is more important to you to have the extra mods. As far as reaching 100 the first day and not being able to help your syn thats just not the case. with 60 people in a syn that means they each only have to do 5 in 24 hours. Not too tough!
Having multiple hoods wasn't a problem for me (I have two but appreciate some have far more). Just need to alternate between them - when you're done with one the second is usually ok to go again with minimal delay.

Not sure I follow your second part. Maybe because my syn normally bashes off the daily bit within 3 to 4 hours. :)

Weasel
11-06-2014, 07:33 AM
@sis, I never said it was flawless, but I will say this has been one of, if not the, most fun Epic Boss events I have played in CC, and I've played them all. Timely completion is rewarded, but finishing 100 is a realistic goal at all levels. Everybody gets to feel like a winner and those who spend gold are still rewarded over those who don't.

As for the format being a gift for strong low levels, what isn't anymore? If they (llp) knock out all 100 in 24 hours they probably have to earn a bit more XP than they'd like to if they want to continue participating in the daily syn goals. Several in my syndicate have wisely chosen to forego collecting all 5 time challenge prizes (they're only defence mods anyways) simply for the fact that helping the syndicate will earn them the wrapper prize without having to kill extra bosses and earn additional XP.

@willis3, either you have the wrong number or the number you have dialed is not in service. Please try again later.

sister morphine
11-06-2014, 07:40 AM
Oh I agree with you it's been a lot of fun to do. I very much doubt I'll try for the 24 again - partly because it's makes it tougher to contribute to syn goals from day two on (L100 took 4 hits, so a bit over an hour to regen) and partly because my LLP will be in the 201-249 tier next time. But I wanted to do it once at least and achieved that..... with 6 minutes to spare.

In MW I'm still at a lower level (101-150) and was able to kick 150 bosses with a single hit. That has no impact on helping the faction out! :)

Weasel
11-06-2014, 07:45 AM
FYI, this is the CC section of the forum. Take your MW business where it belongs. :p

Nighteg
11-06-2014, 07:55 AM
It was the first epic that i was able to finish for free in a long time. Took me exactly 13 hits for lvl 100.

Evan1000
11-06-2014, 12:25 PM
Not sure I follow your second part. Maybe because my syn normally bashes off the daily bit within 3 to 4 hours. :)

This is normally the case for my syn and was for the first 3 days but between yesterday and today we've been much slower with the goals.. since most if not all of us went for the speed goals

As for the format being a gift for strong low levels, what isn't anymore? If they (llp) knock out all 100 in 24 hours they probably have to earn a bit more XP than they'd like to if they want to continue participating in the daily syn goals. Several in my syndicate have wisely chosen to forego collecting all 5 time challenge prizes (they're only defence mods anyways) simply for the fact that helping the syndicate will earn them the wrapper prize without having to kill extra bosses and earn additional XP.

Yeah that was a lot of very unneeded exp.. I just leveled up that weekend and after completing the 24 hour goal I got enough exp for ANOTHER level up.. and I still had to knock down 5 L100's each day for the syn goals.. prize was worth it though I guess lol

Evan1000
11-06-2014, 12:26 PM
It was the first epic that i was able to finish for free in a long time. Took me exactly 13 hits for lvl 100.

Damn, took me 4 free hits per 100.. feel bad for you L250s

willis3
11-06-2014, 02:46 PM

Must be bad stats... My lv 250 is 2 paid hits and one free ...

Nighteg
11-06-2014, 04:50 PM

Not everyone are as amazing as you! Can i get an autograph?

Weasel
11-06-2014, 06:16 PM

Getting those kind of stats was far from free. While you may not have spent any real money directly on this boss event, it still wasn't exactly free, was it? (Rhetorical)

Free"mium", where "mium" = latin for "not really" ;)

Blaggard
11-06-2014, 06:17 PM
Getting those kind of stats was far from free. While you may not have spent any real money directly on this boss event, it still wasn't exactly free, was it? (Rhetorical)

Free"mium", where "mium" = latin for "not really" ;)

Been watching South Park?

Elbanim
11-07-2014, 06:31 AM
Do any of you know of any syndicate that hasn't finished their goal yet which you can jump and help?

Bubbalouie69
11-07-2014, 07:58 AM
Notice the lack of threads bashing this Epic Boss event?

Maybe people are busy enjoying it. Make a note, Gree. This format is really good.

Yeah man! Probably spent about 200 gold to get that prize. Sucks ball but went up about 350k so suck mine

Bubbalouie69
11-07-2014, 08:26 AM

How do you get 13 attacks in an hour

Bubbalouie69
11-07-2014, 08:27 AM
How do you get 13 attacks in an hour

What up hiles