PDA

View Full Version : Player experience

Adm. J(K96)
11-05-2014, 05:20 AM
Just trying to take the pulse of the community.

Rolinz
11-05-2014, 05:29 AM
They have made some changes that has improved things such as the updated Inventory.

But still buggy and problematics as hell which diminishes the positive things they have tried to do.

We shall see how this new Leaderboard Division works, if it works.

Lift Ticket
11-05-2014, 05:50 AM
Gree "Promised" improved player expierance?

Well, let's do a rundown:

Epic boss has improved as most gain considerably in stats (only to keep with the status quo)

Raid Boss has been interesting for most factions, while the elites can no longer help the little guys due to the addition of Master's Quest.

Frontal Assualt was nice to get rid of inventory you don't use but then some complained because they lost certain bonuses that were attached.

Frontline has some nice features and now rewards for all following teirs are added which helps the growth of newer players.

World Domination has added individual rewards over the past year, as well as offering faction rewards of energy and +1 building upgrades to those outside the Top 3

LTQ's and FLTQ's have been very interesting, some with high XP and energy requirements. The breakout of Normal, Prestige and Master's is an improvement allowing players to chose their own path. (Personally, I like the Prestige)

Temp Bonuses, well let's just say I'm not a big fan of these. While I do see the benefit to some players, the temp bonuses earned still show in the bonus section of my profile even after they have expired and the actual items still show in the inventory. It's just a clusterfudge.

Gree has improved on a lot of the aspects of the game, however my vote is no. The game delays, bugs, glitches and disorganized handling of information regarding events has dramatically gotten worse over time.

Adm. J(K96)
11-05-2014, 02:40 PM
Yes, many months ago with the introduction of the Community Managers.

Thief
11-05-2014, 03:47 PM
Overall I would say gree has provided some great improvements to the game. Im much more satisfied with my player experience with the events offered than I was 1 year ago.

However the glitches and delays in the game have also gone up 10x fold. Many times my games crashes and closes, Pretty much every few min it lags and you can't do anything for 10 seconds.

Hopefully gree can get the servers working under optimal conditions again.

Captain Buck Slayer
11-05-2014, 04:04 PM
The forum communication has been much better lately. They are trying. I gave it a yes.

Captain Buck Slayer
11-05-2014, 04:04 PM
If i was having a bad time, why would i be here?

MAD NUGGETT
11-05-2014, 04:07 PM
Frontline is terrible. I still don't know what this event has to do with modern war. Only reason people like it is because crappy players can perform decently and prizes are now the best.

Ever since Fronline or FA began is when these crashes increased 10 fold.

Bring back PvP with some decent prizes.

1S1K
11-06-2014, 07:32 AM
I would rate it right up there with getting a root canal done by a proctologist!!

Adm. J(K96)
11-06-2014, 02:39 PM
I would rate it right up there with getting a root canal done by a proctologist!!
Could be worse though. While your proctologist is busy doing the root canal, he could have a lumberjack with a chainsaw filling in for him "examining" your other end. :D

truthteller
11-06-2014, 03:02 PM
Frontline is terrible. I still don't know what this event has to do with modern war. Only reason people like it is because crappy players can perform decently and prizes are now the best.

Ever since Fronline or FA began is when these crashes increased 10 fold.

Bring back PvP with some decent prizes.

Please define "crappy players", Do you mean Free players or do you mean low stats players???

because "crappy" is relative, I can be a crappy player with crappy stats with my 2bil and spending $0.00 compared to a gold spenders of $3k per month with 5b stats, yet that player is a crappy player compared with someone that spends $10k per month and has 10b stats playing very actively and then that player can be a crappy player compared to me, because he spends most of his time in a virtual game, while I spend great moments with loved ones and friends in the real world and less than 1 hour in a virtual game

hmmmmm

Captain Buck Slayer
11-06-2014, 03:07 PM
I have confirmed before with a friend that MAD NUGGET is not in SUP, just a wannabe pretending to be in SUP... so he prolly sucks like the rest of us. LOL

MAD NUGGETT
11-06-2014, 03:31 PM
Please define "crappy players", Do you mean Free players or do you mean low stats players???

because "crappy" is relative, I can be a crappy player with crappy stats with my 2bil and spending $0.00 compared to a gold spenders of $3k per month with 5b stats, yet that player is a crappy player compared with someone that spends $10k per month and has 10b stats playing very actively and then that player can be a crappy player compared to me, because he spends most of his time in a virtual game, while I spend great moments with loved ones and friends in the real world and less than 1 hour in a virtual game

hmmmmm

You know what I am talking about. Since the comment offended you; you must be one of them.

MAD NUGGETT
11-06-2014, 03:33 PM
I have confirmed before with a friend that MAD NUGGET is not in SUP, just a wannabe pretending to be in SUP... so he prolly sucks like the rest of us. LOL

Nope, never claimed to be in sup. I have played with them many times just not currently.

Adm. J(K96)
11-07-2014, 03:18 AM
I've really got to laugh at the one obvious suck up who has voted yes while admitting to never actually playing the game lol.

Adm. J(K96)
11-07-2014, 01:36 PM
Would anyone from Gree care to comment on the fact that less than 15% feel that there's been any overall improvement?

Tadaaah
11-07-2014, 01:45 PM
Sure, we'll take this feedback and the comments here to use as examples where players feel we need the most improvement. Thanks.

Ajk
11-07-2014, 02:22 PM
Sure, we'll take this feedback and the comments here to use as examples where players feel we need the most improvement. Thanks.

Can I download the update yet? The little red circle is killing me!

As far as suggestions go, its been years since ios can see other peoples base art in game, a lot faster now. Can you turn it on please?

Only if it wont cause anymore bugs... But fix the other crap first.

Tadaaah
11-07-2014, 02:37 PM

As far as suggestions go, its been years since ios can see other peoples base art in game, a lot faster now. Can you turn it on please?

Only if it wont cause anymore bugs... But fix the other crap first.

Don't update yet, if you can avoid it.

Mcdoc
11-07-2014, 08:17 PM

I don't like being TRICKED into accidentally spending Gold because of Lag and strategically placed "Buy" buttons that are put exactly where the normal "repeat Attack" spot is located!

These shenanigans have gone on for FAR to long

DragCro
11-08-2014, 02:38 AM
I don't like being TRICKED into accidentally spending Gold because of Lag and strategically placed "Buy" buttons that are put exactly where the normal "repeat Attack" spot is located!

These shenanigans have gone on for FAR to long
I answered in your thread..
Hope you are happy with an answer
Enjoy the forum :)

Mcdoc
11-08-2014, 08:14 AM

I was actually going to reply to your answer - but you closed the thread :-(

Every now and then - we need a Good vent thread to get out some frustration and perhaps even find solutions in the midst of aggressive discussions.

Closing a thread that wasn't out of control just adds to the frustration.

BUT

Since I am one who usually likes to offer up solutions - a simple solution would be to JUST MOVE the Buy button to the TOP of the window instead of having it sneakily right in the exact place as the "Attack again" button. This way - you can still go through speed attacks and just know that you need to move your finger up a little bit every 4th hit.

If Gree would utilize this solution - there would be no need for a confirm button

it's the SHADY placement of the Buy Button that screams fraud and will be the ultimate proof Apple will need for refunds :-(

Lolsies
11-08-2014, 08:23 AM

Every now and then - we need a Good vent thread to get out some frustration and perhaps even find solutions in the midst of aggressive discussions.

BUT

Since I am one who usually likes to offer up solutions - a simple solution would be to JUST MOVE the Buy button to the TOP of the window instead of having it sneakily right in the exact place as the "Attack again" button. This way - you can still go through speed attacks and just know that you need to move your finger up a little bit every 4th hit.

If Gree would utilize this solution - there would be no need for a confirm button

it's the SHADY placement of the Buy Button that screams fraud and will be the ultimate proof Apple will need for refunds :-(

Yes. This.

Almost in every game, they have multiple pop up adds placed in a very sneaky position...and more people have clicked on 'buy' than you think.

Agent Orange
11-08-2014, 08:29 AM

BUT

Agree it seems by now that it should have been fixed since it has been an ongoing problem for a long time. That is unless Gree is happy to have Apple continue to refund real money spent on the game and to also provide Apple with data that they can use to remove the app from the app store for TOS violations should they wish to.
Seems remarkably stunned on Gree's part to let customer relations disintigrate to this level...

Tovman
11-08-2014, 08:34 AM
Experience is weakened with the recent building transparencies. Not only does it obfuscate what little remains of strategy, it wastes time by hitting targets I think are raid-ready.

IMHO:
Mistake.

Thief
11-08-2014, 11:45 AM

With all due Respect that thread was not something that should have been closed.

Keep in mind that players in MW havne't seen you much on this forum much and we never recieved an introduction. Locking down a thread that was offering constructive criticism shouldnt be the norm.

I have also done this on more than 2-3 dozen occasions for WD (and that is only counting from when health packs have been added)

A few issues that have caused this:

Sometimes you are full on health but gree only gives you 3 hits so you aren't anticipating being empty, The game lags so bad that the button isn't there but when the server finally catches up its processing your purchase that was never on your screen when you clicked.

In addition you don't know the ETA on the amount of time before you can attack again (they removed this feature a few months ago)

Im all for having the forums cleaned up but lets try and focus on the ones that complain just to complain vs have legitimate problems with the fundamentals of the game and are loosing real money in the process.

Robespierre
11-08-2014, 01:34 PM

McDoc, Thief, and AO have probably been playing this app longer than the current development team has been getting paid to actually work on this, and significantly longer than there has ever been the present forum oversight position. They know what they are talking about, and have nothing but wisdom to offer. They also happen to be correct in their analysis and observations.

I remember a story about a hall monitor in school...he got a little overzealous with his authority when he thought he actually represented the school district. Turns out his scope of responsibility was larger in his head than what he actually had, and when he overstepped his narrow scope of responsibility, absolutely no one would back him up, including the school district.

I'm not sure why I remember that now.

Vile Lynn
11-08-2014, 02:08 PM
What's the point of locking a thread only to have the closed convo continued here?

Voted.

Vile Lynn
11-08-2014, 02:19 PM
BTW, DragCro...
Hi, You should know that GREE does NOT refund gold or gems for miss-tapping anymore. (You posted in that closed thread to send in a ticket: not right.) And, they still don't have confirmations for all events. I've sent in many requests for unintentionally using gold/gems and got NOTHING but a closed ticket.

Mcdoc
11-08-2014, 04:56 PM
McDoc, Thief, and AO have probably been playing this app longer than the current development team has been getting paid to actually work on this, and significantly longer than there has ever been the present forum oversight position. They know what they are talking about, and have nothing but wisdom to offer. They also happen to be correct in their analysis and observations.

I ALMOST applied for the moderator position - as I'm sure maybe the thought crossed Theif or AO for a moment

I knew as an unpaid - non-Gree employee - Moderator in title only - this position would more than likely just be frustrating babysitting of flame threads.

If Gree was actually TRULY interested in genuine Player Feedback and helpful Game suggestions and offered a Paid Community Outreach position - I would apply.

In in the mean time - DragCro:
Locking down and / or deleting threads that YOU don't like - that are actually discussing a real issue and not resorting to flaming / spam - etc - DOES NOTHING to improve the Forum experience - but rather adds to the frustration

I'm coming up on 3 years on this forum and in this game - I have a lot of Love for the game and have spent way more than I care to admit - but locking down threads that are addressing real issues and revealing real solutions that people can get behind and support - is really just a slap in the face and disrespectful - and most of all - makes you look like you don't know the people here who have earned the respect of our peers

I truly hope you can re-gain our trust and respect and not be the Over-zealous Hall Monitor

bam bam.
11-08-2014, 06:02 PM
Yes they r going crazy on the lock button again. If they have mucked up we should b able to discuss that and refunds openly as that is the LAW.

As stated above it ads to the frustration, unease and lack of trust in the game and forum.

Everything that is a part of the game should be mentioned in game and in advance. That would literally remove 90% of the threads. I'm ok with walk throughs being out of the game however final units and overall energy/experience requirements/gains should be posted in game in advance.

Changing rules and game play should be well advertised in game and all sections of the forum (not jus announcements).

As for DragCro and another paid or unpaid forum mod/admin they need to minimise their inputs outside of reliable and accurate info speedily. And unless they KNOW something dont comment. Some speculations some mods made earlier were proven wrong quickly (a lot of players have been here longer than devs, mods, admins and certainly longer than all community managers). This is not always their fault, as I doubt gree even know anything (rules and gameplay) for sure (not "shure" as DRagCro spelled it earlier on another thread lol) any more.

A lil banter is ok and is not at all the same as flaming - so dont get over zealous please.

JaiZo
11-08-2014, 06:29 PM

Me too it's driving me nuts! lol. Tempted to disable the badge icon till I can update! :p

pick_sax
11-08-2014, 06:33 PM
I recommend against the upgrade. It breaks at least one thing in ios. And nothing is apparent for a benefit.

The building upgrade, trying to do more they you are allowed in the update. Returns server error, doesn't show the pop up of time remaining or which building is upgrading.

Blackstone
11-08-2014, 07:50 PM
Overall I would say gree has provided some great improvements to the game. Im much more satisfied with my player experience with the events offered than I was 1 year ago.

However the glitches and delays in the game have also gone up 10x fold. Many times my games crashes and closes, Pretty much every few min it lags and you can't do anything for 10 seconds.

Hopefully gree can get the servers working under optimal conditions again.

Agree. Events have improved and are playable/achievable. Update was brutal.

Arc Burn
11-09-2014, 05:54 PM
Just trying to take the pulse of the community.
should have added an ooops i meant no but hit the wrong button option

DUSlider1
11-09-2014, 06:45 PM
I don't understand why this game lags so much while using my wireless at home with a 100Mbps connection... It's really trying my patience. With their recent problems with data usage I limit using this game while using my mobile data plan whenever possible.

The iPhone version, on my 5S, is now more laggy than the Android Version on my Galaxy S3. It shouldn't be this way...

Adm. J(K96)
11-09-2014, 07:03 PM
It's lagging because it's trying to download everything every time you log on. It's nearly 2 GB each time.

WBS
11-09-2014, 07:07 PM
The game is not much better than before. I do like Full Assault in the fact that I can declare a war every 3 hours and still make top 250 or better and not have to be on every other hour like a WD. The continued glitches and lag problems have definitely been frustrating to say the least and I haven't downgraded with the latest update as I am waiting for this storm to pass. The lag like many others have said has made me accidentally spend gold or energy packs when I didn't want to. I do however find it amusing that a mod or mods seem to treat players on here like children at times. If gree can fix the bugs, do more quality control it will make for a much better player base.

KCjamss
11-09-2014, 08:28 PM
Downgrade, love it!

kobywright
11-10-2014, 05:54 AM
The player experience is basically dependent on how well something works.
No one is surprised when events go wrong (or fail to work at all) so the average player experience is pretty bad. Not everyone is affected by every problem but there have been so many issues I expect most people have been affected by at least one recently.

Adding features is nice - but the game needs to work correctly for the vast majority.

Gree therefore need to significantly improve BETA testing to improve customer experience.

BeetleJuice
11-10-2014, 01:58 PM

Closing a thread that wasn't out of control just adds to the frustration . . .

Looks like your thread got locked . . . You got banned . . . And now the thread has been completely deleted. Frustrating indeed. Definitely an increase in player experience.

I Will Merc You
11-10-2014, 03:09 PM
McDoc got banned?

Adm. J(K96)
11-10-2014, 03:10 PM
Yes he did.

I Will Merc You
11-10-2014, 03:19 PM
Yes he did.

Sad day. Smh

Vile Lynn
11-10-2014, 03:27 PM
sad indeed... smh, too

Tadaaah
11-10-2014, 04:18 PM
Please refrain from discussing bans on the forums.

Yes, this update has been one heck of ride. A ride they're still working on. Agreed, the experience often depends on working components. We hope to get those fixed along with events in the future and then start on expanding that experience. While we can understand some of the frustration, I can't allow you to come here and put down our employees with insults and foul language. Please start looking to the Announcement section for announcements as that is where that type of information belongs and becomes easiest to find as that is all that should be posted there. Thanks for posting your views on this thread. Please remember to keep it constructive.

Adm. J(K96)
11-10-2014, 04:27 PM
Just to be perfectly clear. Is the simple mention of a ban against forum rules?

As there was also mention somewhere along the way of another topic that is apparently now forbidden here, how is anybody to know what is and is not permitted? I spent all weekend looking but could find nothing anywhere on the site providing that information. Is it all just decided on a whim?

Tadaaah
11-10-2014, 04:34 PM
Just to be perfectly clear. Is the simple mention of a ban against forum rules?

As there was also mention somewhere along the way of another topic that is apparently now forbidden here, how is anybody to know what is and is not permitted? I spent all weekend looking but could find nothing anywhere on the site providing that information. Is it all just decided on a whim?

You can find the Forum Code of Conduct under the "Annoucements" at the top of every single forum. Here's the link: http://forums.gree.net/announcement.php?f=29

Adm. J(K96)
11-10-2014, 04:39 PM
To comment further, all anybody has been asking for a long time now is to fix what's broken. Long before this past weeks disaster. And all we keep hearing is that everything is "in the future" or "coming soon". Yet nothing is ever fixed before more problems are rolled out. Time after time after time players have asked that you slow down and get it right. Stop with all the events at once. But all we do is get more and more events with more and more problems.

I can only assume the foul posts you are referring to were posted only in the last hour or so and since removed, as I can't recall any such things posted prior to that. Is that correct?

Adm. J(K96)
11-10-2014, 04:40 PM
You can find the Forum Code of Conduct under the "Annoucements" at the top of every single forum. Here's the link: http://forums.gree.net/announcement.php?f=29

Do you think the title could be changed then? It's beyond misleading.

Tadaaah
11-10-2014, 04:49 PM
Do you think the title could be changed then? It's beyond misleading.

There are two announcements there; one one on protecting against account sharing and the Forum Code of Conduct. Unfortunately, the Vbulletin software doesn't allow us to order or place them in any particular order. We would both love if that was added in the future.

Adm. J(K96)
11-10-2014, 04:55 PM
That is clear once you click the link. But if one is looking to locate the forum rules the last place one will click is a link titled "Account Sharing, Proxy Servers, and Account Security". Can that titled be modified in any way?

Also, as clarification, is the simple mention of a ban against forum rules?

Tadaaah
11-10-2014, 05:07 PM
That is clear once you click the link. But if one is looking to locate the forum rules the last place one will click is a link titled "Account Sharing, Proxy Servers, and Account Security". Can that titled be modified in any way?

Also, as clarification, is the simple mention of a ban against forum rules?

Found a way to reverse them. It's on top now.

Adm. J(K96)
11-10-2014, 05:13 PM
Thank you. Am I to assume I will not get an answer regarding the clarification on the rule I asked about?

Vile Lynn
11-10-2014, 05:15 PM
"Our main goal is to extend the experience of any GREE game beyond the game itself. Our players are awesome - they are super invested in our games - so why should the fun stop once they turn off the game? We want players to think about the game even when they aren’t actively playing!"
taken from http://product.gree.net/us/blog/442/gree-loves-our-players-interview-with-the-community-team/

I come to the forum for info, not for contests, forum events, or jibber jabber. I will not check FB or Twitter for info that should be here.
When I put the game down, I do not want to think about the game (that is why I put it down.) The contests are barely supported, fwiw, shown by the limited amount of entries.

Getting vague or incorrect info from forum mods adds to the frustration. For example, mods posting to use the forum search function which does not work, and GREE gives refunds for miss-taps. Or, the LTQ will begin 'later today,' instead of giving us an exact time for later. Being more transparent & less "mysterious" would be a huge improvement to the player experience if GREE really wants to expand it to the forum.

I want good, honest, timely info and the game to be playable, which it is for the most part.

...just my two cents *shrugs*

Tadaaah
11-10-2014, 05:30 PM
"Our main goal is to extend the experience of any GREE game beyond the game itself. Our players are awesome - they are super invested in our games - so why should the fun stop once they turn off the game? We want players to think about the game even when they aren’t actively playing!"
taken from http://product.gree.net/us/blog/442/gree-loves-our-players-interview-with-the-community-team/

I come to the forum for info, not for contests, forum events, or jibber jabber. I will not check FB or Twitter for info that should be here.
When I put the game down, I do not want to think about the game (that is why I put it down.) The contests are barely supported, fwiw, shown by the limited amount of entries.

Getting vague or incorrect info from forum mods adds to the frustration. For example, mods posting to use the forum search function which does not work, and GREE gives refunds for miss-taps. Or, the LTQ will begin 'later today,' instead of giving us an exact time for later. Being more transparent & less "mysterious" would be a huge improvement to the player experience if GREE really wants to expand it to the forum.

I want good, honest, timely info and the game to be playable, which it is for the most part.

...just my two cents *shrugs*

Player forum moderators aren't provided any additional information. They have as much information as many of you. They are passionate about this community and want to help create a more constructive atmosphere.

While you may not want to enjoy aspects about the game outside of it, others do. They may not be on the forums; forums are often a very small percentage of extremely hardcore players.

As to posting items about exact times, sometimes there aren't exact times or those times are subject to change. We can't give information that is subject to change. We are working on transparency. It is earning trust internally and finding a good balance. We want to get you more information; it's just taking more time.

Twist of Cain
11-10-2014, 05:36 PM
Well......I said i would be here to make sure that the lights were turned off and that the floors were given a good quick sweep. It is very close to calling it a wrap. I will make sure or "Shure" that everyone has left the building in a safe manner.

Adm. J(K96)
11-10-2014, 05:43 PM
Player forum moderators aren't provided any additional information. They have as much information as many of you. They are passionate about this community and want to help create a more constructive atmosphere.

While you may not want to enjoy aspects about the game outside of it, others do. They may not be on the forums; forums are often a very small percentage of extremely hardcore players.

As to posting items about exact times, sometimes there aren't exact times or those times are subject to change. We can't give information that is subject to change. We are working on transparency. It is earning trust internally and finding a good balance. We want to get you more information; it's just taking more time.

If times are so constantly subject to change that tells me one thing: events are pushed out to us at the last second, instead of only once they have been thoroughly tested. It shouldn't even be mentioned until then.

Tadaaah
11-10-2014, 05:45 PM
If times are so constantly subject to change that tells me one thing: events are pushed out to us at the last second, instead of only once they have been thoroughly tested. It shouldn't even be mentioned until then.

Not quite. It's more complicated than that. Pretty sure I can't really elaborate though.

Adm. J(K96)
11-10-2014, 05:50 PM
No need to. There is a lot of information out there on what goes on. No, it can't all be trusted, but there are enough pieces to start putting things together.

Tadaaah
11-10-2014, 05:53 PM
No need to. There is a lot of information out there on what goes on. No, it can't all be trusted, but there are enough pieces to start putting things together.

If it helps, there are some changes coming to the beta program pretty soon as well. As the beta program isn't overly advertised, I'm not sure what I can share. But the changes that are being made will enable it to cover more grounds and test more thoroughly.

Adm. J(K96)
11-10-2014, 06:06 PM
You understand that at this point in time, that can only be taken by most to just be another empty promise? And I find it very sad to have to say that. And not because it comes from you. Morale, confidence, and overall satisfaction are as low as they've ever been, and I think most would say its not yet even hit rock bottom. I really don't know how any of what's been lost can be gained back.

Twist of Cain
11-10-2014, 06:14 PM
You understand that at this point in time, that can only be taken by most to just be another empty promise? And I find it very sad to have to say that. And not because it comes from you. Morale, confidence, and overall satisfaction are as low as they've ever been, and I think most would say its not yet even hit rock bottom. I really don't know how any of what's been lost can be gained back.

My mop and bucket have been ready to go for some time now. Please...exit the building so I can get it ready for foreclosure.

Tadaaah
11-10-2014, 06:16 PM

We make changes and power through showing you, the players, over time that we deserve to have it back. We start producing events without (or with minimal) errors. Errors are going to occur on a live game. It's going to take a great deal of time, but it can be done. I believe we have the power to make that change and more apparent changes will become noticeable from a player stand point soon-ish.

Merc_mw
11-11-2014, 04:51 AM
The changes that matter are simple: functional upgrades and reduced data use. The data use issue has existed for OVER SIX MONTHS regardless of GREE's assertions otherwise. That has reduced play and, in this player's experience, eliminated spending real money. The upgrade issue...Nuff said.

Everything else, the grand plans for events, looks, etc. are a distant third. GREEs attempt to deliver other things just further frustrate the base, as those programming hours could be used to identify, repair and test the code that has caused the player experience to deteriorate. It's pretty clear that's what your customer base wants. Until you deliver those two things, why bother with anything else?

AfterHours-Oliver
11-11-2014, 05:06 AM
If it helps, there are some changes coming to the beta program pretty soon as well. As the beta program isn't overly advertised, I'm not sure what I can share. But the changes that are being made will enable it to cover more grounds and test more thoroughly.

Count me in if I am still playing when these changes occur. I have multiple devices and a technical background as well as being a daily player.

East Coast Bias
11-11-2014, 05:17 AM
Not quite. It's more complicated than that. Pretty sure I can't really elaborate though.

If it is so complicated and tougher to elaborate, then you've just confirmed the process by which you get things out is broken. You guys are lucky Jeff Bezos isn't a hard core gamer. If he owned gree and customers complained, he'd make wholesale changes to the development staff. He might go out of his way to take out competitors and put the fear of God in employees, but customers come first.

Agent Orange
11-11-2014, 05:30 AM
If it is so complicated and tougher to elaborate, then you've just confirmed the process by which you get things out is broken. You guys are lucky Jeff Bezos isn't a hard core gamer. If he owned gree and customers complained, he'd make wholesale changes to the development staff. He might go out of his way to take out competitors and put the fear of God in employees, but customers come first.

That is a good question, all the beta testing programs I have worked on our am working on are pretty specific. I cannot comment on what I am working on for one. But the huge difference here is that the game developers either do not listen to their testers or they actually don't have any or a broad enough sampling of testers running different devices since most of the issues being reported are pretty straight forward such as the app not loading!

Adm. J(K96)
11-11-2014, 07:35 AM
One thing I have to ask is this. With the shutting down of several other games and freeing up of those resources, they are still looking to fill no less than 12 software related positions, and over thirty total. Thats at least a good 10% of office. So is there even anybody there who really knows anything? Is that the core of the problem?

Merc_mw
11-11-2014, 08:26 AM
If only the rest of the GREE world lived up to their excitement this would be such a great game.

http://product.gree.net/us/blog/442/gree-loves-our-players-interview-with-the-community-team/

I am sad neither of them showed MW any love.

Tadaaah
11-11-2014, 09:56 AM
If only the rest of the GREE world lived up to their excitement this would be such a great game.

http://product.gree.net/us/blog/442/gree-loves-our-players-interview-with-the-community-team/

You know that's Clementine and I, right?

Merc_mw
11-11-2014, 10:51 AM
You know that's Clementine and I, right?

Yes, that's why I posted it. You are on the left. I am still sad you showed no love for your MW world...although right about now I doubt anyone at GREE has love for MW.

Tadaaah
11-11-2014, 11:13 AM
Yes, that's why I posted it. You are on the left. I am still sad you showed no love for your MW world...although right about now I doubt anyone at GREE has love for MW.

Oh, you meant when they asked for our favorite titles of the moment. It's still early.

Web323
11-11-2014, 11:18 AM
Can you just fix the game so iOS player can actually play the game?

Paisthecoolest
11-11-2014, 11:26 AM
Oh, you meant when they asked for our favorite titles of the moment. It's still early.

Early? I think you mean over.

Asto
11-11-2014, 11:36 AM
Gree have done a pretty good job and have improved the gameplay to an extent. However, it appears that gree can't improve one thing without bringing two problems into the game. If they can address this continuous problem I would say the future looks bright, touch wood

Sparkle
11-11-2014, 11:53 AM
I wish that they would just give me the Deadly Sanguis raid boss prizes that I earned. Then I will be a more satisfied player. It's been several months and about a half dozen tickets including proof photos.

Adm. J(K96)
11-12-2014, 04:13 AM
Between what we've seen here, and taking a look at the app store ratings, it's pretty obvious the vast majority of users think Gree is not following through on keeping customers even remotely happy. So now the question is what, if anything, do you plan on doing about it Gree?

pick_sax
11-12-2014, 04:56 AM
Ummm, admiral. The answer is obvious. Keep doing what they have done for almost 3 years now.

Ignore requests from the customer base and continue with bad customer support to make up for it.

Between what we've seen here, and taking a look at the app store ratings, it's pretty obvious the vast majority of users think Gree is not following through on keeping customers even remotely happy. So now the question is what, if anything, do you plan on doing about it Gree?

Adm. J(K96)
11-12-2014, 06:15 AM
I think you're right. Gree has lowered expectations so low that we are now seeing people post things like "yep, everything is working good now. No problems except for a, b, c, d, and e. Alls good, thanks Gree."

I Will Merc You
11-12-2014, 07:26 AM
Less data, fewer events, fewer bugs, remove NPCs, discard excess units, ax Game Center, ...etc....

...all seem to be very logical requests from MW vets..

...and in return, we get a 'collect all button' (which I do like), new FL units, MORE and MORE NPCs, more overlapping events, and ultimately..more bugs.

With all due respect, IS THIS THING ON?!?!

786TRYX
11-12-2014, 08:44 AM
Wtf????????

Rolinz
11-12-2014, 08:48 AM
Can the moderators please keep these spammers out of the forums???

DragCro
11-12-2014, 10:40 AM
Can the moderators please keep these spammers out of the forums???

I removed it.
Continue discussion on the topic.
Thank you

Vile Lynn
11-12-2014, 11:01 AM
Thank you for removing the spam, DragCro! Odd that they keep coming back.

Can you please get the avatar sizing addressed? It's been 2 days & it is ruining my player experience here.

superman007
11-12-2014, 06:31 PM
After the funzio days, this was the first time we had a community manager addressing the concerns of players on the forum. At least this was a very positive direction and I liked the AMA session with the game developers. For the last 5 days or so, I am so much frustrated with the new version that they pushed and continue to have ton of glitches and everything that they have done so far goes down the drain. I decided to vote No considering the events in past few weeks.

Mcdoc
11-12-2014, 11:15 PM

Stop the press !

Taddah is female?

Left person in the pic :-)

i guess I just have the image of CCMark (Jarod) still in my head.

Super cool that there are other Girls that play and work in our nerdy field :-)

Expendables 2
11-12-2014, 11:45 PM
Photoshopped... Cheers for editing my post Drag Act... Serious lack of a sense of humour...

Adm. J(K96)
11-13-2014, 02:55 AM
Welcome back McDoc

Mcdoc
11-13-2014, 03:21 AM
Welcome back McDoc

Thanks Buddy - did my 2 days sitting with my nose in the corner - LoL

Adm. J(K96)
11-13-2014, 03:39 AM
Been there. Big shock lol.

Expendables 2
11-13-2014, 07:52 AM
Photoshopped (with reference to Drag Act's edit) can no one make a joke.... Or is that restricted just to gree and the joke of a game we have now.. Jog on Hobby Bobby and collect on your buildings before they get raided.. I'm sure that if Taddaah was offended by my comment then she would edit the post herself...

Expendables 2
11-13-2014, 08:01 AM
Bye all, had enough of the game and this forum, devs, mods and hobby bobbies have it up for everyone.. Party officially over...

AfterHours-Oliver
11-13-2014, 08:23 AM
Bye all, had enough of the game and this forum, devs, mods and hobby bobbies have ****ed it up for everyone.. Party officially over...

Joining you today with all 8 accounts unless a fix and the compensation drop by 2pm PST. Everything about this sucks, the only reason I am still here is for my faction and the laughs on the forum but enough is enough.

Adm. J(K96)
11-13-2014, 08:52 AM
Pm AfterHours.

Biker
11-13-2014, 11:25 AM
Same here after hours, I had 5 accounts and was only smart enough to have auto update turned off on one of them. Just sold off my bases on the 4 during the few minutes I was able to log on with them. The last account will be based on what Gree does for this fix if I continue with MW.

Adm. J(K96)
11-14-2014, 04:31 AM
10% and dropping Gree. Are you listening?

Expendables 2
11-14-2014, 05:09 AM
6987 Sorry had to return and post this..

Adm. J(K96)
11-14-2014, 06:24 AM
Right turn Clyde.

Mcdoc
11-14-2014, 09:33 AM
That about sums up my player experience - shoulda just started off the thread with that - LoL

bam bam.
11-14-2014, 09:59 AM
Well seeing as the honest feedback through analogy thread was closed. Ill comment on player experience through an analogy here my friends and family.

If gree were an airline you would pay for your ticket, arrive at the terminal and get stuck at the baggage check in. The checkin would be broken but u would still have to pay for the service. You would go to security screening where all ur rights to privacy would be removed, you would be stripped naked, anything of value on ur persons removed and then handed back your damaged clothes and be told u should of read the ToS (which gets changed constantly). You would go to check your ticket to board the plane. You would have to scan your ticket 50 times tap tap tap tap style each time it would take minutes to load on the computers. There would be no seats or order on the plane, just pure chaos. The plane would depart the gate and run out of fuel by the runway. You would then have to pay an additional fuel service charge. You would land in the Middle East when after 16hrs of flying even tho u bought a 1hr shuttle service. You would be detained for 2 wks while they verified who u r. U would b neglected and lose 20 pounds. Then u would b returned after repeating the saga. Then they would give u 30 bags of peanuts, 10 throw up bags and a trophie saying #1 gree fan. Then u would b asked to rate the satisfaction with the check boxes saying "service was great" or "service was terrific". Then they would remove sales on future airline ticket discounts but allow u to continue buying the bags of peanuts even when not flying. They would put u on the banned list for the expletives u wrote all over the satisfaction survey and then be encouraged to buy more tickets and recommend the airline to ur friends.

My player experience has taught me. This is a mini dictatorship.

Soon to be banned...again...bam bam. Fight on my oppressed kindred spirits...fight on!

WBS
11-14-2014, 05:01 PM
I haven't performed the downdate of the game, so my game as of now is working fine. I have an iphone4s. I sure hope they get the problems fixed because I may have a few players quitting because they cant get into the game.

Adm. J(K96)
11-14-2014, 05:17 PM
I haven't performed the downdate of the game, so my game as of now is working fine. I have an iphone4s. I sure hope they get the problems fixed because I may have a few players quitting because they cant get into the game.

Looking at two more weeks minimum. At which time MW 5.0 will roll out with all the new exciting features which I'm sure will break more than it will fix.

DEWIN NUTTIN
11-14-2014, 05:40 PM
Looking at two more weeks minimum. At which time MW 5.0 will roll out with all the new exciting features which I'm sure will break more than it will fix.

They may roll out MWv5.0, but only a small proportion of the severely shrunken remaining player base will risk downloading it.

Ten to 14 days is enough time for most to detox.

I predict the remaining player pool will be 60-75% of what it is today (free & paying)!

headfaction
11-14-2014, 07:24 PM
Where is the f$&@ no??

bam bam.
01-18-2015, 07:38 AM
Bumping for a mod to acknowledge. 91.1% player dissatisfaction rating...awesome