PDA

View Full Version : World Domination Division Leaderboards are Here

Tadaaah
11-04-2014, 01:19 PM
Hello Commanders,

WD Division Leaderboards will be introduced later today for future World Domination events. We've prepared a short FAQ for your inquiring minds. Please feel free to leave comments and questions below. Thanks.

What is the Division Leaderboard?

You will now see a third tab for leaderboards in World Domination events. This leaderboard will be comprised of a competitive mix of Factions based on past event performance.

Where can I find my Division Leaderboard?

You will notice a third tab available on the World Domination Leaders tab screen. This tab will contain your division. You will not be able to see the other division leaderboards.

Does this mean there are more prizes available?

Yes, with this introduction of a new leaderboard, we have added an additional set of prizing. All divisions will consist of an identical prize pool. You will see an additional “Divisions” tab on the Rewards screen.

Mikethegreat88
11-04-2014, 02:23 PM
When you say "competitive mix of factions based on past event performance," and "3000 rankings per division," do you mean:

(1) The top 3000 teams will be in one division (based on past performance), top 3001 to 6000 in the next division.
**or**
(2) A random assortment in each division (for example, teams ranked #1, 5, 10, 15... 3655, 3660, 3665, etc in one team, and #2, 6, 11, 14... 3656, 3661, 3666, etc in another)

Tadaaah
11-04-2014, 02:45 PM
When you say "competitive mix of factions based on past event performance," and "3000 rankings per division," do you mean:

(1) The top 3000 teams will be in one division (based on past performance), top 3001 to 6000 in the next division.
**or**
(2) A random assortment in each division (for example, teams ranked #1, 5, 10, 15... 3655, 3660, 3665, etc in one team, and #2, 6, 11, 14... 3656, 3661, 3666, etc in another)

Apologies, the 3000 team may change during polishing before release. An assortment of teams will be chosen based on performance from previous events.

junkkicker
11-04-2014, 03:22 PM
Apologies, the 3000 team may change during polishing before release. An assortment of teams will be chosen based on performance from previous events.

Will the selection of these teams be done manually or based on a algorithm?

Tadaaah
11-04-2014, 03:28 PM
Will the selection of these teams be done manually or based on a algorithm?

I would imagine they wrote it into the code. That would be some crazy amount of time to enter that for every event manually.

Mikethegreat88
11-04-2014, 04:43 PM
Thanks for the response Tadaaah, but my question wasn't about the number to teams, but how teams are sorted. I'll rephrase the question:

Will it be:

(1) The top group of teams all in one division together.
**or**
(2) A random assortment in each division (so the faction currently ranked #1 may not end up in the same division as the faction ranked #2).

Tadaaah
11-04-2014, 04:46 PM
More of a random assortment.

dbznumber1
11-04-2014, 05:22 PM
If divisions are based on prior event performance, whats to stop individuals from top performing factions leave there high ranked ones for newly created ones to get placed in an easier division bracket?

Mikethegreat88
11-04-2014, 06:06 PM
If divisions are based on prior event performance, whats to stop individuals from top performing factions leave there high ranked ones for newly created ones to get placed in an easier division bracket?

People can change factions for whatever reason they may have. Keep in mind though, Tadaaah said each division is a random assortment of teams, so in theory each division should be equally difficult, with top, middle, and lower level teams. However, I wouldn't want to be in the same division as SUP. If the divisions get changed up every cycle, I don't think it would be worth moving factions all the time. But if they are permanent, I think whole factions would move.

Tadaaah, can you tell us if the divisions are permanent or get changed each cycle?

Tadaaah
11-04-2014, 06:09 PM
They'll be changed according upon performance on the previous event, so yes there should be some change. The difficulty should also be pretty even across the board if I'm understanding the documents I've received correctly.

tricksy
11-04-2014, 06:52 PM
Maybe you guys could just focus on programming the game to fix the existing leader boards so they load and sort correctly and actually show your current position? FFS. How many WDs have you run now and the leader boards still don't display correctly.

junkkicker
11-04-2014, 09:43 PM
They'll be changed according upon performance on the previous event, so yes there should be some change. The difficulty should also be pretty even across the board if I'm understanding the documents I've received correctly.

Any chance we could take a look at these documents?

GruntopianExile
11-05-2014, 01:14 AM
I'm imagining it'll be like this, because I'm such a Sci-Fi fan:
• They created a parallel dimension, where 'Earth1', 'Earth2', and 'Earth3' exist.
• Every month, each planet is re-populated by the Factions from a particular Division, and then the Factions fight for control of their world in their planet's WD events, contesting for planetary supremacy and member rewards.
• Members also compete against each other for individual rankings and rewards, just as on EarthPrime.

I'm imagining it this way - it makes more sense to me than how it was described. LOL! :-D ;-)

------------------------------------------
= 222315418 = 268855360 = 288358397 =

Loki KAD
11-05-2014, 02:59 AM
I'm imagining it'll be like this, because I'm such a Sci-Fi fan:
• They created a parallel dimension, where 'Earth1', 'Earth2', and 'Earth3' exist.
• Every month, each planet is re-populated by the Factions from a particular Division, and then the Factions fight for control of their world in their planet's WD events, contesting for planetary supremacy and member rewards.
• Members also compete against each other for individual rankings and rewards, just as on EarthPrime.

I'm imagining it this way - it makes more sense to me than how it was described. LOL! :-D ;-)

= 222315418 = 268855360 = 288358397 =

I'm imagining it more like Premiership Football but whatever floats your boat! Lol

Regards,

Loki

Speed ump
11-05-2014, 06:09 AM
Would be nice if grew would just post an outline of how it will work, so it's not mass confusion and misunderstanding when it suddenly goes live. Also, any bets on what glitches we will see this event?lol. Someone start a thread now to be ready with the gree bashing.

Speed ump
11-05-2014, 06:17 AM
As it is they will need an update before it can go live. Current one is causing too many problems. I have not updated any of mine yet because of that.

Web323
11-05-2014, 09:13 AM
New update for iOS is out but it tells you not to download it.

Bob Belcher
11-05-2014, 09:33 AM
Clearly another failed attempt at changing the game! Why is so hard for you to understand that the game is broken and Is never fixed!! You just keep piling up bugged and failed code 1 on top of tha other! Stick to the basics and fix the damn game 1st!! Everyone is fed up with all the damn on going problems!!

Zineye12
11-06-2014, 02:57 AM
Why do Gree feel we need a new prize band, which in turn will lead to more stat inflation? Long term lvl 300 guys, the ones who spend the money in WD can now be beaten by a lvl100 mini. How is this, in Grees eyes going to improve the game?

This, together with the broken game, will drive your revenue away rather than enhance it.

Bobar
11-06-2014, 04:02 AM
Has it been tested? Of will this just crash the so far functioning WD-Battle?

Maybe you should try this one during a 24 city battle just not to ruin the full weekend competition, when no support will be available.

And instead of working on new gadgets (already too many events happening at the same time!) better fix all other errors first and manage to release an event and/or update without major issues.

Bobar
11-07-2014, 09:21 AM
you really should inform within this thread, that this division stuff (luckily) has been cancelled for this wd-battle

There will not be a division leaderboard for this weekend's World Domination event. So players will not need to update for this event.

The fixes are coming for 4.5.1; we're waiting for approval for an estimated time.

as you tell us here:http://forums.gree.net/showthread.php?101465-WD-starts-tomorrow-what-to-do-about-update

Gerath
11-10-2014, 05:39 PM
Maybe I'm slow like Gree. What is the point of the divisions? The pecking order won't change, the top teams will still be at the top and so forth. Is this just adding a new dimension to the game that will follow with all new glitches to the game.

Campy McCamperpants
11-14-2014, 05:33 PM
The difficulty should also be pretty even across the board if I'm understanding the documents I've received correctly.

Can you elaborate on this a bit more? I don't really understand how groupings of 3000 could be fair if the Top 3000 aren't even relatively competitive. To clarify- my faction finished 96th (I believe) in the last WD, we aren't competitive with Top 50 factions much like Top 250 factions aren't competitive with us. We would need a MAJOR jump in points to finish Top 50 just like a Top 250 faction would need a MAJOR jump in points to make Top 100.

cdun13
11-14-2014, 08:07 PM
Stop complaining about something that hasn't started yet. If you want to beat everyone in your division spend the gold!

HGF69
11-17-2014, 01:52 PM
So people just gonna jump to a newly created faction each time ain't they?

Rob TRK
11-18-2014, 01:12 PM
HGF69 - some might, but I doubt many of the top Teams would sanction players jumping to another faction for WD just to get division prizes and then relinquish their hard earned main placements.

Jaded Fusion
11-28-2014, 12:14 PM
Prizes paid out all tiers or just the one your faction lands in?

Bluehavana2
11-28-2014, 02:08 PM
Looks like the division leaderboards might be live, they show up on android but are blank on iOS

Little T
11-28-2014, 09:47 PM
Looks like the division leaderboards might be live, they show up on android but are blank on iOS

They are now live on IOS as well.

Rolinz
11-28-2014, 11:43 PM
Prizes paid out all tiers or just the one your faction lands in?

One very important question left unanswered. Maybe Gree does not know either or forgot what they coded into the game and that is why it is left unanswered or just plain trying to be vague!

And that is why their last response was over 3 weeks ago and no update on any info now that it is running.

Hobbs
11-29-2014, 03:37 AM
Not getting the Division TAB On my IOS Accounts,may be because I havnt updated with the bugged 4.5 version.
Quick couple questions to MODS:
Is it LIVE
DO WE GET JUST OUR TIER REWARD OR ALL TIERS BELOW(this effects strategy)
Not expecting an answer but 'Hey' Let's Hope

Merc_mw
11-29-2014, 03:53 AM
No division boards on my ios. maybe you need to be on the quirky 4.5 releases to see them. Hmmm easy to log in and quick play 4.4 with no division board or upgrade for lengthy log in times- if at all...slow play and a unwanted divisional board.

Good luck with those divisions!

bugssss
11-29-2014, 06:53 AM
The faction I'm in is currently T10 in the Swords division and would hate to see that the rewards don't stack in the end. Especially when the T25 prize of +1 regen is better than the T10 prize which is only 1% Alliance attack.

KCjamss
11-29-2014, 07:39 AM
I was coming on to see if the same question was answered but looks like everyone wants to know

Danger Mouse
11-29-2014, 03:32 PM
Hey Tadaah or Clementine, or any other random mod that may or may not bother to reply with actual useful information as opposed to fluff and feel good, can we possibly get an answer as to whether Divisions rewards are for all tiers below final ranking, or just the tier for final rank you finish. Sometime before the end of WD would be nice. Sometime before the start of WD would have been nicer but we know never to expect that level of helpful moderation any more. Thanks.

interox
11-30-2014, 05:10 AM
I'm on android and no division tab here either. The ranking was not computing correctly, I guess Gree pulled it. Another fine job well done.

Milburn Pennybags
11-30-2014, 09:31 AM
Divisional rewards work the same way as the general faction rewards in terms of what prizes you get for finishing in a given tier (your tier and below.) We are aware that some people have not upgraded to the client that shows these leaderboards, but the leaderboards will reward correctly even if you are not able to see them. We're sorry for the late response on this, I was not aware there was confusion about this aspect of the rewarding until I checked the forums this morning.

andy2
11-30-2014, 10:51 AM
Divisional rewards work the same way as the general faction rewards in terms of what prizes you get for finishing in a given tier (your tier and below.) We are aware that some people have not upgraded to the client that shows these leaderboards, but the leaderboards will reward correctly even if you are not able to see them. We're sorry for the late response on this, I was not aware there was confusion about this aspect of the rewarding until I checked the forums this morning.

Lol, thanks for finally confirming. What you do as devs confuses a lot of us, however its probably not your fault that nothing gets communicated to us (although we would love if you could tell us of the changes directly via in game messages - pop ups etc). The fact that this is your first forum post outside of an AMA pretty much confirms my thoughts that this forum is currently without any 'community managers'. Tadaaah and Clementine hopefully were fired for not doing their jobs, but I also wouldn't be surprised if they left after seeing the mess they got themselves into.

MarkCC
11-30-2014, 07:52 PM
Will prizes be handed out correctly even if it is showing my team as being in last place on the division leaderboards, even though we should be ranked top 75? I attempted to upload a screenshot, but I was unable to crop the photo enough to fall within this forums tiny photo restrictions.

SurfaceToAir
11-30-2014, 09:47 PM
Well Gree thinks so. I am in the same division as SUP, which is nice, but as I play free and there is only me in my Faction I am thinking that there may just be an error here. Just a guess! :rolleyes:

OLIVIER VFF
12-01-2014, 12:29 AM
It seems there is a new division leaderboard in place LOL.

But many players did not want to take any risk as still using old version 4.4 (we are waiting for confirmation from Gree before uploading to next version).

So the question is : are we sure that older versions like 4.4 will still grant the prices andf awards or should we update version few minutes before event ends ?

If any player know the answer from Gree, or if you have seen it ...thanks for feedback.

OLIVIER VFF
12-01-2014, 01:27 AM
''We are aware that some people have not upgraded to the client that shows these leaderboards, but the leaderboards will reward correctly even if you are not able to see them.''

JUST TO CLARIFY :

refering to that quote : I would like to hear a confimation YES / NO on ''leaderboards prizes will get rewarded whatever the game version you are using''.

thanks.

Rolinz
12-01-2014, 05:49 AM

Thank you for clarifying this. We would love it if you guys in Development gave the community managers more info so they can post a "complete" announcement of upcoming events. Or post it in Announcements and Events yourselves.

Most of the time, the information never gets posted or conveyed to us until we ask for it for days.

How about giving us the info 12 to 24 hours before an event is to start?

Domino_brown
12-01-2014, 01:53 PM
''We are aware that some people have not upgraded to the client that shows these leaderboards, but the leaderboards will reward correctly even if you are not able to see them.''

JUST TO CLARIFY :

refering to that quote : I would like to hear a confimation YES / NO on ''leaderboards prizes will get rewarded whatever the game version you are using''.

thanks.

the leaderboards will reward correctly even if you are not able to see them.

It seems pretty clear to me

ISNOCHUS
12-02-2014, 05:02 PM
The divisions are screwed up anyway. How can a team place in the top 500 overall and somehow not place in the top 2000 for their division? But I doubt they can tell us anything. I contacted them because I was getting raided when my buildings hadn't even paid out yet, and their answer was "we know and we're looking into it". That's 6 active issues I'm dealing with that they have no clue how to fix. So no more spending money on the game.