PDA

View Full Version : Did GREE change code in how they adding health regen time boosts?

Genen
11-02-2014, 05:52 PM
Hi folks. Did anybody notice any changes in how health regen reduction boosts are adding up?
During Romania's 3 days WD my Health Regen Time was -94%. After cycle was over it was reduced to 89% due to removal of the temporary health boosts. So far so good. I was hoping that with events between WDs I will gain more permanent and together with temp bonuses I will get around 95-96% regen.
I did speed event -5%, got -10% temp bonus, got 1X-5% for 1 day WD, and 2x-5% for last FL. So total -30% nominal reduction but my formal profile health regen went from -89% to -92%, i.e. only -3%.
I remember that GREE explained before that with higher regen numbers amount of %% reduction is slowing down, but it's look to me that they changed even this formula and made it much slower than was before.
Any ideas?

Dirty Mind
11-02-2014, 06:04 PM
Why are you asking us? Tomorrow morning just call down and have one of the programmers answer that in person.

Thief
11-02-2014, 10:49 PM
Gene i'm not sure i understand the question? I know you understand how health regen is calculated and no i haven't noticed any change yet. (Sadly I also find it fascinating when players ive never heard of tell me they have 94% health regen as well who aren't in SUP...when even yourself just reached that with the temp bonuses last cycle)

The one thing you need to take note of is that when you have that high of a health regen you need to aquire multiple units (when they are 5%) to make a difference to your regen rate since it is a countdown by multiplication.

Also last cycle we had what 50-60% temp regen and nowhere near that this cycle.

MAD NUGGETT
11-02-2014, 11:06 PM
Gene, the calculation is the same. You should be able to find the calculation on the forum by searching health regen.

Maybe somebody could build a health regen calculator on excel? Would be nice to have

Thief
11-02-2014, 11:32 PM
Example on how to calculate if anyone needs a refresher

1-(.8*.8*.8*.7*.95*.95*.97)=69% regen rate

20% Deadly Bridge Jumper (.8)
20% Armored Tomcat (.8)
20% First Strike Tomcat (.8)
30% P-91 Pounder (.7)
5% Curragh Combat Ship (.95)
5% Arjun MBT Mk. 2 (.95)
3% Foreign Legion Sergeant (.97)

OLIVIER VFF
11-03-2014, 12:56 AM
I am just a lurker here, but I read your posts Thief and I am still amazed by your knowledge in this game :p
Oli.

Mcdoc
11-03-2014, 01:21 AM
I am just a lurker here, but I read your posts Thief and I am still amazed by your knowledge in this game :p
Oli.

The Math is Solid - and Thief IS amazing :-)

Rolinz
11-03-2014, 01:26 AM
What about the faction regen bonus? Is that what gets deducted first from 100%, then after that the individual regen boosts?

MoD
11-03-2014, 01:52 AM
@Thief: Thanks for the reminder. Used your formula and my inventory (boost section) to write down all my units and calculate my health regen time.

Now I have differing figures: Profile shows -77%. Adding all permanent bonuses my calculation shows -75.72%. Adding the cycle boost it shows -78.15%. If I assume that the profile shows all bonuses including the temporary boosts then my profile pic uses less bonuses to calculate my health regen.

And to complete the confusion: There is still one bonus in my collection from which i don't know whether or not it affects my health regen and if it does, in what way - the Infernal Missile Cutter with *3% Health Increase.

Anyone got an idea?

MoD
11-03-2014, 01:54 AM
What about the faction regen bonus? Is that what gets deducted first from 100%, then after that the individual regen boosts?

The Faction bonuses are also taken into account. It doesn't matter if you add them first, in the middle or last to your calculation, result is the same.

Rolinz
11-03-2014, 02:46 AM
Thank you Mod. That actually clarifies it all for me.

Genen
11-03-2014, 04:43 AM
Example on how to calculate if anyone needs a refresher

1-(.8*.8*.8*.7*.95*.95*.97)=69% regen rate

20% Deadly Bridge Jumper (.8)
20% Armored Tomcat (.8)
20% First Strike Tomcat (.8)
30% P-91 Pounder (.7)
5% Curragh Combat Ship (.95)
5% Arjun MBT Mk. 2 (.95)
3% Foreign Legion Sergeant (.97)

Great thanks buddy. Is there easy way to find all my health bonuses? Like some sort filter??

Wingman GRI
11-03-2014, 05:07 AM
Great thanks buddy. Is there easy way to find all my health bonuses? Like some sort filter??

No filter Genen. Maybe MM can help?

Genen
11-03-2014, 05:29 AM
No filter Genen. Maybe MM can help?
Lol let me try

MoD
11-03-2014, 10:44 AM
Lol let me try

i scrolled down all my boosts. took me 15 mins roughly (with writing down in spreadsheet). will take way longer in your case, gene lmao.

Genen
11-03-2014, 11:02 AM
Mod when you done your calcs did your profile boost was correct?

Thief
11-03-2014, 11:30 AM
Oli.

Haha Oliver thanks for the kind words. Just been around too long I suppose.

The Math is Solid - and Thief IS amazing :-)

Glad my 5th grade math skills haven't failed me yet :D

Thief
11-03-2014, 11:34 AM

It doesn't matter what order you put them in. Calculation will come out the same.

@Thief: Thanks for the reminder. Used your formula and my inventory (boost section) to write down all my units and calculate my health regen time.

Now I have differing figures: Profile shows -77%. Adding all permanent bonuses my calculation shows -75.72%. Adding the cycle boost it shows -78.15%. If I assume that the profile shows all bonuses including the temporary boosts then my profile pic uses less bonuses to calculate my health regen.

And to complete the confusion: There is still one bonus in my collection from which i don't know whether or not it affects my health regen and if it does, in what way - the Infernal Missile Cutter with *3% Health Increase.

Anyone got an idea?

Not sure of the exact issue but I suspect you used 30% for faction bonus when really you have 7x 5% bonuses. If that doesn't fix it then you can PM me or post here and i'll write out the calucation and figure out if I can get a different calculation for you. (I haven't used that new 3% bonus as it shows up in a different area in my bonuses so I suspect it makes my total health 103)

I also use the bonus section to make the calculation.

Genen
11-03-2014, 12:18 PM
It doesn't matter what order you put them in. Calculation will come out the same.

Not sure of the exact issue but I suspect you used 30% for faction bonus when really you have 7x 5% bonuses. If that doesn't fix it then you can PM me or post here and i'll write out the calucation and figure out if I can get a different calculation for you. (I haven't used that new 3% bonus as it shows up in a different area in my bonuses so I suspect it makes my total health 103)

I also use the bonus section to make the calculation.

Any ideas if digits also taken into account. FOr example let say 92% give me 8 min full regen time will 92.3% give me 7.5 minutes regen?

Thief
11-03-2014, 12:44 PM
Any ideas if digits also taken into account. FOr example let say 92% give me 8 min full regen time will 92.3% give me 7.5 minutes regen?

Its been a few months since I've confirmed but it should just be the decimal rounded to give you the time.

So 92.3 is only 92 (8 mins for full regen ignoring the 3% bonus we recently got) but if you get 92.5 then you will get 93% (7 min for full regen)

*Note only ignores the 3% for full regen since its assumed your new health is 103 and no longer 100. However reaching 100 still would take the same amount of time regardless of ignoring bonus or not.

MoD
11-04-2014, 09:19 AM

Great, with that adjustment it worked! Showing the same regen on profile as my calculation throws out! Thanks a thousand Thief!

MoD
11-04-2014, 09:20 AM
Mod when you done your calcs did your profile boost was correct?

Only after Professor Thief showed me my error in the post above lol. But now it's accurate!

pelle plutt
11-04-2014, 10:01 AM
Guys, this actually pretty simple, all these reductions are multipliers and reduce the current regen time. the number you see under profile is just your current regen time relative to the completely unboosted time

Without any boosts it takes 100 minutes (i think) for a full regen, a 10% regen boost will then reduce the regen time with 100minx10% = 10 minutes, the new regen time is thus 90min (regen boost under profile will be listed as 10%)

in genes case his regen was 11min (100minx11%) (11% is because he had 89% regen boost (100%-89%), when he got a 5% boost to that the 11min is reduced with 11minx5%=0,55min, the new regen time is then 10.45min which will be displayed as a 90% boost (this can be written 11minx0,95)

during this cycle genes regen time was reduced through 11minx0,95x0,9x0,95x0,95x0,95 = 8min, i.e. his boost is now 92% (100min-8min)

during the cycle his regen time was actually increased with approx. 27%

the gree math is actually correct

Tadaaah
11-04-2014, 10:30 AM
the gree math is actually correct

Indeed, just confirming, no changes to this. Thanks Thief and Pelle Plutt for breaking down the math for the other players! Kudos! :)