PDA

View Full Version : Stop giving us XP from fights we haven't picked!

Hulkzy
11-02-2014, 03:31 PM
The only good thing that came out of the Rival List that was changed a while back was that we avoided idiots who thought it would be fun to attack people knowing they would lose the fight to give their opponent unwanted XP. But now I am getting far too many of these people doing that with the sole intention to try and level me up faster than I'd like. So if keeping the rival list up to date is so difficult can someone at Gree not change it so if someone does attack me and loses, that I don't get punished for it by gaining XP? If I pick the fight, then fair enough I deserve it, but if I haven't then why should I be gaining XP? Sort it out Gree, as this is ruining it for the people who work hard on their defence.

surfinguy369
11-02-2014, 07:35 PM
You don't gain xp from people losing to you!

Hulkzy
11-02-2014, 08:51 PM
You don't gain xp from people losing to you!

Yes you do. If they lose a fight to you, it's you who gains the XP.

Evan1000
11-02-2014, 08:55 PM
Seriously? That sucks

Joe bananas
11-02-2014, 09:13 PM
That's crazy. And I was thinking of going No Bank too.

sister morphine
11-02-2014, 11:31 PM
The only good thing that came out of the Rival List that was changed a while back was that we avoided idiots who thought it would be fun to attack people knowing they would lose the fight to give their opponent unwanted XP. But now I am getting far too many of these people doing that with the sole intention to try and level me up faster than I'd like. So if keeping the rival list up to date is so difficult can someone at Gree not change it so if someone does attack me and loses, that I don't get punished for it by gaining XP? If I pick the fight, then fair enough I deserve it, but if I haven't then why should I be gaining XP? Sort it out Gree, as this is ruining it for the people who work hard on their defence.
Lmao! I seriously doubt anyone is trying to level you up faster. So funny! Did you tell this to a shrink?

Far more likely they just don't look at stats before attacking, or if they do attack you deliberately wanting to lose it's to avoid getting the xp themselves.

Hulkzy
11-03-2014, 12:07 AM
Lmao! I seriously doubt anyone is trying to level you up faster. So funny! Did you tell this to a shrink?

Far more likely they just don't look at stats before attacking, or if they do attack you deliberately wanting to lose it's to avoid getting the xp themselves.

Yeah I must be paranoid, I'm obviously seeing things. I'll give you a clue, he's all over my news feed with a new attack every 10 mins and he's even written enjoy the XP! Now you wanna pass that onto my shrink or are you ready to stop being a smartass?

surfinguy369
11-03-2014, 12:52 AM
Like I said you don't gain xp! Instead of a shrink go see your optometrist!

Hulkzy
11-03-2014, 02:42 AM
Like I said you don't gain xp! Instead of a shrink go see your optometrist!

Okay wise guy, come back when you know what you're talking about.

Weasel
11-03-2014, 06:09 AM
Last time I checked a defensive win awarded roughly 1 XP.

If that's a concern, you are playing the wrong game.

Nighteg
11-03-2014, 07:44 AM
It's one of those complaints that you can only hear in a gree game.

Winnson
11-03-2014, 09:02 AM
Stop making me win! The humanity!

Vile Lynn
11-03-2014, 09:14 AM

What level are you?

sister morphine
11-03-2014, 09:27 AM
Yeah I must be paranoid, I'm obviously seeing things. I'll give you a clue, he's all over my news feed with a new attack every 10 mins and he's even written enjoy the XP! Now you wanna pass that onto my shrink or are you ready to stop being a smartass?
Did you make this same complaint to him in game? If you did I'm totally unsurprised he's taunting you with it. If not then the guy is just a douche.... it happens.

Notorious94
11-03-2014, 10:54 AM
Lol EB is out... He's probably summoning the boss without gaining the XP! Which is why he's saying he hopes you enjoy the XP.
For the tiny amount of XP you gain it's hardly worth this thread! Empty his buildings when there up and be smug about it

Morgz
11-03-2014, 12:00 PM
I usually tire and get bored with the witty retorts, but this thread seems to have really delivered!

Hulkzy
11-03-2014, 01:09 PM
Lol EB is out... He's probably summoning the boss without gaining the XP! Which is why he's saying he hopes you enjoy the XP.
For the tiny amount of XP you gain it's hardly worth this thread! Empty his buildings when there up and be smug about it

The last thing I want to do is give this horrible cretin a link. And his hood isn't even worth robbing.

Rodimus
11-03-2014, 01:38 PM
Wow, talk about going at your own pace.

Hulkzy
11-03-2014, 01:47 PM
Anyway folks, didn't get much help from here or the people who call themselves support, but I've managed to sort it out. I shouldn't bother posting how to sort a problem like this out since the responses to this thread were pretty useless and disappointing. But I believe in helping people so here goes.

I tried going syndless and dropping my mafia down to 200, and even then his pathetic stats made him lose fights to me, he did manage to win 1 but that didn't stop him, so I had to think, I know right? Who would have thought that would be a necessity? Anyway...

I got my friends to spam his wall, and when I say spam I don't mean multiple messages in one go, that doesn't work, all it does is show up as so and so posted 8 other messages or something along those lines, which won't have the desired affect on his newsfeed. They all posted a message. And the fool deleted it, and when he did I got them to post another message, meaning he couldn't block them and he again did the same thing, deleted and gave them the option to post again, what this did was push me off his news feed and now hopefully I never see this pathetic excuse for a player on my rival list or news feed ever again.

I will hand it to him, he came up with this brilliant idea to trigger bosses without gaining XP and at the same time level another or for all I know, other players up. 2 birds, one stone. He might not be my problem anymore, but I'm sure he is someone else's as we speak, and wouldn't it just be fitting if it turned out to be the person claiming you only gain 1XP or the comical know-it-all who stated you don't get any XP gain, if it happens, feel free to share your experiences. I'll do my best to resist the temptation to say "I told you so" Though only when it happens to you will you truly understand just how annoying a problem it is.

To anyone who knows someone that holds "the blacklist" PM me so I can give you this guy's in-game name. No one should allow someone like him in a syndicate. He doesn't deserve to experience the best part about this game.

Green Drake
11-03-2014, 01:53 PM
That is actually quite funny. Kudos to that guy for having a sense of humor and having fun at this game. Sounds a bit like dropping all your mafia to purposely lose hundreds of robs in an attempt to burn off the old holiday consumable explosives.

Vile Lynn
11-03-2014, 02:57 PM
Soooo.... You were on his news feed?

TheJess
11-03-2014, 03:32 PM
You don't get XP when attacked. The problem with the rivals list change 2 months ago wasn't that. It's that they removed IPH as a factor in matching, which is why you get all the low IPH players now, and can't find targets worth hitting.

Weasel
11-03-2014, 03:48 PM
You don't get XP when attacked. The problem with the rivals list change 2 months ago wasn't that.

If you win, yes you do. It has been that way for over three years.

It's that they removed IPH as a factor in matching, which is why you get all the low IPH players now, and can't find targets worth hitting.

How sure are you of this and what is your IPH? My rivals list includes several individuals with an IPH in excess of $100m, a large handful of players who are above $60m, and dozens of players above $20m. Very few of my rivals are "not worth hitting".

HavingFun
11-03-2014, 04:59 PM
Hahaha find a different game to play instead of whining about XP. See what you've done Gree!!

cc thunder
11-03-2014, 06:52 PM
Yeah I must be paranoid, I'm obviously seeing things. I'll give you a clue, he's all over my news feed with a new attack every 10 mins and he's even written enjoy the XP! Now you wanna pass that onto my shrink or are you ready to stop being a smartass? lol, I hope it was me you are complaining about was it a level 2 player named Alex? I picked the fight because you robbed me, and I was minding my own business, if it is the same guy you had a bunch of expensive gold items and I wanted to see you get to use them to their full advantage, the timing seems about right I haven't been on the forum in a couple months and this was a couple months back. and yes it was no accident if this is the same person or at least I have employed the same strategy, I wanted you to get away from me and reward you for spending all that gold and trying to have a low level character, Thanks! This made my day! if your name in the game is jerry2 you are the same person, I'm going to throw some Attacks your way right now just to check it out

Hulkzy
11-04-2014, 12:27 AM
Hahaha find a different game to play instead of whining about XP. See what you've done Gree!!

There's always got to be someone who thinks he's being the coolest muppet around by making a reply like that. Well done for winning that award.

lol, I hope it was me you are complaining about was it a level 2 player named Alex? I picked the fight because you robbed me, and I was minding my own business, if it is the same guy you had a bunch of expensive gold items and I wanted to see you get to use them to their full advantage, the timing seems about right I haven't been on the forum in a couple months and this was a couple months back. and yes it was no accident if this is the same person or at least I have employed the same strategy, I wanted you to get away from me and reward you for spending all that gold and trying to have a low level character, Thanks! This made my day! if your name in the game is jerry2 you are the same person, I'm going to throw some Attacks your way right now just to check it out

Wasn't me, but you must be really proud of yourself.

Soooo.... You were on his news feed?

Yes, he attacked me and I attacked back once. Little did I know he'd go apeshhh on me. Word of advice never attack someone who can't beat or rob you, they could potentially do what he did.

Weasel
11-04-2014, 01:06 AM
There's always got to be someone who thinks he's being the coolest muppet around by making a reply like that. Well done for winning that award.

The only muppet here is you. 1 XP gained per defensive win has been one of the few constants since day one. Is one single experience point seriously that big a deal? If your answer to that is "yes," you are most definitely playing the wrong game for your taste.

Wasn't me, but you must be really proud of yourself.

Why wouldn't he be proud of himself? Investing little or no effort and getting to witness someone "go apeshhh" as a result is one of the few truly free aspects of this game.

Yes, he attacked me and I attacked back once. Little did I know he'd go apeshhh on me. Word of advice never attack someone who can't beat or rob you, they could potentially do what he did.

If this is not straight up ignorance, you are definitely playing the wrong game. I say that respectfully as this game is not for everyone. In my experience, the people best suited for this game are people with more dollars than sense, people who take pleasure from pain, and dummies who follow just about anything their "friends" suggest. Or perhaps people who enjoy free entertainment on Gree's dime who don't take issue with really, ridiculously, stupid stuff.

Notorious94
11-04-2014, 02:06 AM
Lol worst thread ever!
I hope he finds you again and continues to give you XP just so the rest of us can laugh....

XP has virtually no bearing in the game anymore. I can be level 50 or 150 and still hit level 250s in war because attack is so overinflated compared to defence... There hasn't been a war in the past 12 months where I have had 0 targets.
The games all about tap tap tap. And tap some more at certain timings to best help the team....

Not like the good old days when you would get defensive wins etc.
So stop your whining you little baby! Part of the game is to be attacked. If the person wants to lose then good for them! It happens in real life where people choose the wron fight they never have chance to win. So stop crying because it happens in a game!

Hulkzy
11-04-2014, 12:57 PM
Oh look the playground cyber bullies have come out to play. It's okay mods don't worry about it, I got this. You can join your incompetent "support" team by being completely useless on the sidelines.

Right then Weasel and Notorious94, PM me your in-game name and level and I'll show you just how fun I can make this game for the two of you. Whatever you do, don't start whining, wouldn't wanna be called hypocrites now would you? So come on tough guys, time to put your money where your mouth is.

cc thunder
11-04-2014, 01:29 PM
Oh look the playground cyber bullies have come out to play. It's okay mods don't worry about it, I got this. You can join your incompetent "support" team by being completely useless on the sidelines.

Right then Weasel and Notorious94, PM me your in-game name and level and I'll show you just how fun I can make this game for the two of you. Whatever you do, don't start whining, wouldn't wanna be called hypocrites now would you? So come on tough guys, time to put your money where your mouth is.
Don't worry, even with your in game name you're safe, he wouldn't want the exp, lol

Notorious94
11-04-2014, 01:38 PM
Don't worry, even with your in game name you're safe, he wouldn't want the exp, lol

Lmfao! Perfect reply

HulkZy I would give you my in game
Name but I was always taught its bad to play with children.... So think I'll give it a miss...
I'm level 141 tho if your anywhere near that

Hulkzy
11-04-2014, 02:04 PM
Lmfao! Perfect reply

HulkZy I would give you my in game
Name but I was always taught its bad to play with children.... So think I'll give it a miss...
I'm level 141 tho if your anywhere near that

Wouldn't surprise me if you played with children you sicko.

141 perfect, now your name? Or are you a weasel?

Worst thread ever, eh? Then who is forcing you to read? Either put up or shut up.

Hulkzy
11-04-2014, 02:08 PM

I have no issues with XP as long as it benefits me. Robbing or even camping in a hood is fine, cause you get in game cash for it. But some idiot repeatedly hitting you so you gain XP for no reason is worthless, kind of like your existence. Got it?

Evan1000
11-04-2014, 02:11 PM
My in-game name is Evan, I'm level 131. Feel free to give me a hit ;)

cc thunder
11-04-2014, 02:49 PM
I have no issues with XP as long as it benefits me. Robbing or even camping in a hood is fine, cause you get in game cash for it. But some idiot repeatedly hitting you so you gain XP for no reason is worthless, kind of like your existence. Got it? Congrats (10 chars.)

Tadaaah
11-04-2014, 03:00 PM
Too much name calling and insults. Keep it constructive next time. Locked.