PDA

View Full Version : Who is the bigger fool ?

SUPpose So
11-02-2014, 02:58 AM
GREE for wrecking a great Funzio game with its constant glitches and errors

OR....

You for spending money on a flawed product....

Fool me once shame on you.. Fool me twice shame on me.... Fool me every week and i must be a Modern War addict.. !

Rolinz
11-02-2014, 07:39 AM
I have not hit bottom yet. Getting closer each day.

Bob Belcher
11-02-2014, 07:52 AM
Must be a fool that keeps feeding the Greed and expecting change!
Good Luck with that!

Pidgeot
11-02-2014, 12:19 PM
I agree to not spend money on a flawed product but most products contain flaws anyway. If the event works and I can afford the boost, I'll chase it. I dont spend for all boost. I do wish it was less glitchy though.

TwiggyMW
11-02-2014, 12:24 PM
On the note of spending gold being a fool I've sent a few tickets no reply to the fact that I spent gold getting the grim aries wrapper prize speed event yet it seems people have managed to get it by just goin to a factions that only completed the faction part. Seems like definitely a fool for spending the gold that others haven't had to.

Drakhoan
11-02-2014, 01:38 PM
Everyone should do what they want with their money... the government does and you aren't sending them notes. Think about it. Seems to be to each their own.

Agent Orange
11-02-2014, 02:08 PM

OR....

Fool me once shame on you.. Fool me twice shame on me.... Fool me every week and i must be a Modern War addict.. !

I stopped spending months ago and even then it was very very little compared to many. I still like the game and some of the players/friends but frankly I just half heartedly log in and play a bit for free to keep the accounts sctive. Long ago gave up any hope of the game actually getting better, it is painfully obvious that it won't and that Gree is making a frantic attempt to squeeze ever last penny out of it before they pull the plug.

In Gree's defense MW was likely never envisioned or programmed to be this complex and that is likely why everything is going boom when implimented. The only logical 'fix' is a full rewrite of the game using the same premise but with a purpose built game engine since the one currently in use is beyond repair.

bam bam.
11-02-2014, 02:34 PM
Gree, ppl r happy to spend for entertainment purposes. A lot of us no longer spend as the constant headaches are not worth paying for. It's just costing gree now

TMI
11-02-2014, 02:37 PM
Everyone should do what they want with their money... the government does and you aren't sending them notes. Think about it. Seems to be to each their own.

#libertarian #anarcho-capitalist #voluntaryist #FreeRoss

Edit: Add also #adamkokesh ;)

I stopped spending months ago and even then it was very very little compared to many. I still like the game and some of the players/friends but frankly I just half heartedly log in and play a bit for free to keep the accounts sctive. Long ago gave up any hope of the game actually getting better, it is painfully obvious that it won't and that Gree is making a frantic attempt to squeeze ever last penny out of it before they pull the plug.

In Gree's defense MW was likely never envisioned or programmed to be this complex and that is likely why everything is going boom when implmented. [sic] The only logical 'fix' is a full rewrite of the game using the same premise but with a purpose built game engine since the one currently in use is beyond repair.

If it was possible for GREE to announce a shut-down of all our access to it's servers at one time (like they did with Daylight Savings Time), and everything on their servers are saved, mods, etc. How long do you (or anyone reading this) it would take them to develop another game with exactly the same gameplay, but with this full rewrite you speak of?
Sort of like, The Martix 2.0 lol
Is it even possible?

A disadvantage I can see for GREE is that they may lose ppl who kick the habit during that downtime?
Btw, solution to that is to announce that they are doing that. Tell everyone ingame and on the forum that from that point onwards, your character won't gain any stats in the new version (example Feb 10th, 2015 ;) ). Basically we can still play for free, it gives us a break, and we still continue playing the game for free, with friends (social aspect). I bet there'd be a lower drop out rate if they did that.

I hope mods are reading this :)

TMI
11-02-2014, 02:50 PM

OR....

If that is the dichotomy you're presenting, let's try to make this product less flawed.

If we keep it constructive, I hope the mods will be reading, and taking advantage of being able to listen to the needs of it's customer base (there are companies that aren't so lucky)

:)

levelhead
11-03-2014, 03:22 AM
Yes I agree with some of the posts. This is a great game, that's why I keep logging on to play. But the problems/issues I had which did not get resolved. I decided I would not spend another penny on the game. The game does seem a little complex I guess as all the problems that keep arising from week to week. (I'm no programmer) so cannot comment to much there.but if gree could sort the issues and bugs out. This would be a 1st rated game. And I would be happy to spend and support a great game. (Just my opinon)

robmurphy
11-03-2014, 03:43 AM

Drakhoan is right. Each to their own.

How rude to call those of us who spend our money on this game fools?

Those of us with good disposable income can spend it on whatever the hell we like. Spending money on MW is a lot less harmful than spending it on cigarettes or alcohol.

I've been playing for a couple of years and don't ever remember MW being perfect and glitch free?

Are we wrong to spend money on fast cars when slower ones are available? Is it wrong that some people earn a lot and some people earn a little? Is it wrong that those of us who 'have' are taxed to the hilt to pay for those who 'don't have'? Or even worse, those who 'choose' to do nothing? [Answers = No, No, Yes]

So back to the original question (so Drakhoan doesn't shout at me)? My answer is neither are fools.

Gree are a commercial entity and by definition only exist to make a profit, and if they can get away with providing a game which is not perfect, then good on them. So they're not fools.

And I get enjoyment from playing MW (regardless of how flawed everyone thinks it is), I also have the ability to not spend when I don't want to. And as I neither drink, nor smoke nor drive a particularly fast car [although it's quite big....], I don't believe I'm a fool.

Or maybe I am a fool as I constantly keep biting at the never ending procession of negative and doom-laden posts.....

Agent Orange
11-03-2014, 05:33 AM
#libertarian #anarcho-capitalist #voluntaryist #FreeRoss

Edit: Add also #adamkokesh ;)

If it was possible for GREE to announce a shut-down of all our access to it's servers at one time (like they did with Daylight Savings Time), and everything on their servers are saved, mods, etc. How long do you (or anyone reading this) it would take them to develop another game with exactly the same gameplay, but with this full rewrite you speak of?
Sort of like, The Martix 2.0 lol
Is it even possible?

A disadvantage I can see for GREE is that they may lose ppl who kick the habit during that downtime?
Btw, solution to that is to announce that they are doing that. Tell everyone ingame and on the forum that from that point onwards, your character won't gain any stats in the new version (example Feb 10th, 2015 ;) ). Basically we can still play for free, it gives us a break, and we still continue playing the game for free, with friends (social aspect). I bet there'd be a lower drop out rate if they did that.

I hope mods are reading this :)

Funzio used this engine to spin off a couple of games, Kingdom Age and to a lesser degree War of Nations both of which I deleted.

How long would it take? Good question, my gut feeling is not long consider how Gree keeps putting out new games though they are more acquisition oriented which is how the wound up with Funzio's stable of games. Then factor in a number of layoffs and one has to wonder if there is anyone left from the old development team (other then players in top tier factions) or that is even familiar with the code(based on the number of failed events).

Though this genre of game is a fast money grab for it's developers it ultimately sucks if you actually want to play a game based on strategy.

2ummyeah
11-03-2014, 07:31 AM
Notiing in our world is perfect or ever will be.

Some may think they themselves are perfect. Pffsssttt

SUPpose So
11-03-2014, 07:45 AM
Interesting replies,

I agree spend your money on what you want, but if my fast car continually broke down i'd change it.
If my favorite booze made me sick everytime i'd try something else.
If my fav restaurant gave me poor service and left me feeling dissatisfied then i'd try another.

As someone who spent $3-5,000 per month i am now gold free. Many of my ex team mates who have stopped were on top tier gold bonus and spent 10,000++ per month. I see them all still playing but now with Pekkas and Wizards, guess its the same. If unhappy move on and try another restaurant.

This game was never designed to be still going. Its because of the faction friendships we are all still here. Not the flawed game.

So my original question still stands. Who is the bigger fool.

Agent Orange
11-03-2014, 01:26 PM
Interesting replies,

I agree spend your money on what you want, but if my fast car continually broke down i'd change it.
If my favorite booze made me sick everytime i'd try something else.
If my fav restaurant gave me poor service and left me feeling dissatisfied then i'd try another.

As someone who spent $3-5,000 per month i am now gold free. Many of my ex team mates who have stopped were on top tier gold bonus and spent 10,000++ per month. I see them all still playing but now with Pekkas and Wizards, guess its the same. If unhappy move on and try another restaurant.

This game was never designed to be still going. Its because of the faction friendships we are all still here. Not the flawed game.

So my original question still stands. Who is the bigger fool.

I believe you answered your own question......

Speed ump
11-03-2014, 01:48 PM
Rob, I agree completely, suppose so, you're assuming those people feel the same as you, and apparently they do not. They're certainly entitled to spend as they chose. I'm sure the same can be said for anyone who spends money on almost any endeavor done for pleasure. what each can afford for their own pleasure, and what they derive from the experience is up to them. I don't care if that means they spent millions, or played for free. Even playing for free can require just as much an investment of time, in fact more so, than someone spending large sums. Your time is worth something too. I eat at many diff restraunts in real life, and I play many diff games online. I have several games that include pekas myself. Basically I've followed old friends to new places, to enjoy the same relationships. For some reason I don't know how to go small or slow in any of those games,lol.

DragCro
11-04-2014, 03:49 AM
I can say my opinion as a player.

You all know that nobody is perfect,not even one product can be 100 % without flaw,the main reason is because every human makes mistakes,we are not perfect and we can't be perfect,that is a human nature,we can try to be better and that can do every person on his field of expertise.

The games and i mean each game is made by humans and that is why some mistakes will always be.In each product that you buy : tv,cars,games etc you can find mistakes from smaller to bigger ones.
But we can improve them and for that it takes time,so be patience im shure the bugs in game will be in time removed.

Remember why are you playing this games,and it is not always because of the game itself it is and because of great community and friends that you have here,friends that some will always remain In your life ..

Adm. J(K96)
11-04-2014, 04:23 AM
Free Kool-Aid for everyone!