PDA

View Full Version : Unplayable Event

Loki KAD
10-31-2014, 03:20 AM
Front Line is unplayable for Low Level Players (LLP) or Low income Players (LIP)

I myself make 50mil iph but my LLP makes 330k it means that my 2nd account will sit with 250 deploys most of the event. There must be hundreds if not thousands of players in the same boat.
Why create a great event only to ruin it with unaffordable units?

I understand there is a need to make money, however I'm sure by enticing players with a chance to do well is a better way to get players to spend real cash.

Tadaaah & community support you need to sort this out and make this awesome event playable for everyone again!

Best Regards

Loki

Drakhoan
10-31-2014, 03:30 AM
Yes, this was my favorite event because EVERYONE could play it, albeit better with high IPH. Now that only super high IPH players can participate with any veracity, this event has tanked. Like Loki only one account I have is able to afford any more than 100 of the lowest unit offered.

Cuombajj
10-31-2014, 03:40 AM
Agree. Having two gold units out of 4? Unnecessary and greedy.

It was fine before. Why change it? Don't fix what is not broken....

rutty
10-31-2014, 03:45 AM
The 5 gold unit is USELESS. Who's going to buy that? Drop it and bring the tanks back in.

jeffvan
10-31-2014, 03:58 AM
whole event is pretty lame. only needs to be 30 minutes also. 1 hour for waiting to see what happens in the last 5 minutes is a tad boring.

Big John
10-31-2014, 04:03 AM
I've got old FL troops that I can't use.

SiaoNam
10-31-2014, 04:31 AM
Added to the worst... there is no rewards for all position after a battle.
No free units for the LIP.
Therefore, the participation for this round and future (if same kind of arrangement)will be low.

Let's take it as a rest event for most LLP & LIP.

Vercingetorix
10-31-2014, 05:14 AM
I like it. I have worked on my iph for two years. This benefits me. My mini is in the same faction so it's getting the rewards as well without doing any work.

Drakhoan
10-31-2014, 05:16 AM
I like it. I have worked on my iph for two years. This benefits me. My mini is in the same faction so it's getting the rewards as well without doing any work.

Same thing here, but I want my mini's to be able to work too... not just freeload!

Vercingetorix
10-31-2014, 05:20 AM
I deploy all units from my mini in one battle. Just keep winning battles and amass units with mini. Then deploy all at the end.

Expendables 2
10-31-2014, 05:38 AM
Would be nice if we were getting units for placings.. 😳 I do the same to get individual on mini...

jj JJ
10-31-2014, 05:54 AM
Do you also complain that stronger accounts kick the crap out of you minis? Or that stronger accounts do better in other events? I have 2 minis that are around 2 mil iph and it has taken 9 months to build them to that level. Big whoop that I can't buy 2000 blue flag hommies! I buy what I can afford and have fun with that! I help my faction as I can. If you want to buy some blue flags go raid for cash or buy it from greed!

This event is one of the better ones they have now. Our faction has a battle every four hours and we have fun doing it. Sometimes we win, sometimes we don't. If you don't enjoy it don't play it.

Would you really rather be in another WD where you have to be glued to your phone constantly? Where the only thing that matters is if you have more gold players than the other team? Or epic boss where you have access the game every three minutes to take down another boss? Haw about another raid boss where you have to beg for help because your not strong enough to get as far as you want too?

GeoffW
10-31-2014, 06:48 AM
here here jj
Why should an LLP expect to be able to deploy the same force as an established player?
Start off small with a low ranking and fight others at the same level. Work your way up over time or with gold like everyone else.

kguittar
10-31-2014, 06:49 AM
do you also complain that stronger accounts kick the crap out of you minis? Or that stronger accounts do better in other events? I have 2 minis that are around 2 mil iph and it has taken 9 months to build them to that level. Big whoop that i can't buy 2000 blue flag hommies! I buy what i can afford and have fun with that! I help my faction as i can. If you want to buy some blue flags go raid for cash or buy it from greed!

This event is one of the better ones they have now. Our faction has a battle every four hours and we have fun doing it. Sometimes we win, sometimes we don't. If you don't enjoy it don't play it.

Would you really rather be in another wd where you have to be glued to your phone constantly? Where the only thing that matters is if you have more gold players than the other team? Or epic boss where you have access the game every three minutes to take down another boss? Haw about another raid boss where you have to beg for help because your not strong enough to get as far as you want too?

yes!!! ^^

Veccster
10-31-2014, 06:56 AM
Do you also complain that stronger accounts kick the crap out of you minis? Or that stronger accounts do better in other events? I have 2 minis that are around 2 mil iph and it has taken 9 months to build them to that level. Big whoop that I can't buy 2000 blue flag hommies! I buy what I can afford and have fun with that! I help my faction as I can. If you want to buy some blue flags go raid for cash or buy it from greed!

Would you really rather be in another WD where you have to be glued to your phone constantly? Where the only thing that matters is if you have more gold players than the other team? Or epic boss where you have access the game every three minutes to take down another boss? Haw about another raid boss where you have to beg for help because your not strong enough to get as far as you want too?

I agree. Actually my whole factions agrees. This is one of the more fun events in the game. But I suppose there will always be someone who hates it - and others who jump on the thread bandwagon with him.

Not all events are going to be good for mini's. Do as much as you can and don't expect to be spectacular until you build yourself.

Bobcc68
10-31-2014, 06:58 AM
I don't think that is the point - of course a LLP shouldn't be able to deploy the same as a player in a top 100 or whatever. However, now units aren't being awarded for placings it makes it a very difficult if not impossible event for low level factions to play. Unless totally coordinated (not usually the case for those factions) the event will be over after first 2 or 3 battles as they will have no units left. Doesn't really entice people into carrying on playing the game does it?

Should say I am in a top 100 (and 4000) faction so I am speaking from both ends of the spectrum

Expendables 2
10-31-2014, 07:04 AM
Sorry but for me the game is unplayable, l love this event and generally complete the 9 wins with all 5 nodes filled.. Generally l use my main account and then minis get the placing units... I generally complete 16 1 hour wars per day so not taking it easy... However l have given up on this, 9 wars and not 1 placing unit received. My main account is drained so cannot continue my mini has about 750k point deploys from last frontline so will have one glory battle...

Adm. J(K96)
10-31-2014, 07:04 AM
Unless I'm mistaken, rewards are ridiculously low anyway. So if that's what you are counting on to be able to play, you weren't going to get much further anyway.

Bobcc68
10-31-2014, 07:15 AM
Unless I'm mistaken, rewards are ridiculously low anyway. So if that's what you are counting on to be able to play, you weren't going to get much further anyway.

At low level the old battle prizes could get you the full streak if you played correctly...

Veccster
10-31-2014, 07:21 AM
Sorry but for me the game is unplayable, l love this event and generally complete the 9 wins with all 5 nodes filled.. Generally l use my main account and then minis get the placing units... I generally complete 16 1 hour wars per day so not taking it easy... However l have given up on this, 9 wars and not 1 placing unit received. My main account is drained so cannot continue my mini has about 750k point deploys from last frontline so will have one glory battle...

So you're complaining that your mini (who's in a T100 faction), is unable to play this event? And it's because you're not getting free units as rewards?

If your mini was in a T2500 faction, that 750k points would go a long way. At that level, you should be battling other teams who are also weak with low iph.

Expendables 2
10-31-2014, 07:52 AM
I'm not in a top 100 faction, my faction is generally placed around 2000, you have crossed me with someone else... I happily battle in the 2000's with one account, and get individual on my mini when units built up.. My mini is limited access (wife's phone lol ) so only use main... Generally units from placings tick me over ie place second for 7 or 8 wars... Then step up a gear...

Kefa
10-31-2014, 08:04 AM
This was my favorite event as well, but the recent changes have sacked the fun right out of it.

Drakhoan
10-31-2014, 08:26 AM
Thread high jacked by trolls that are ABSOLUTELY missing the point here.

Everyone posted here says this is/was their favorite event.

So its clear to the trolls again... we want the LLP to be able to participate, in other words we want them to be able to play (no one said be a top placing account). The previous infantry unit or the plane or even the tank would have allowed for that at their previous cost.

The placement units not dropping is an obvious issue.

Lastly I say to you trolls as you have said... if you don't enjoy this thread, move along! If you simply don't agree, say that, but don't make up issues.

Ninuzzo
10-31-2014, 08:28 AM
I'm a lvl 101, I've less than 1 million of IPH, but if you are smart and you find a way to play, frontline could be great yet... I've 4 million in deploys point..

cdun13
10-31-2014, 08:35 AM
You can buy cash if it's that big of a deal to you. Play the game and get better stop complaining and expecting everything handed to you. You could be raiding instead of posting here

Loki KAD
10-31-2014, 08:42 AM

You are so very wrong!
You hijack these valid posts for your own amusement thinking only of yourself and the bullies who join you.
Spouting verbal dihhorea just for the sake of it.

Read the original post, it asks for units affordable for LIP NOT with the same force, we just want to play too as do many in my faction.

Players like you are morons, you think GREE survives solely on top 100 factions?
They need the rest of the community too to buy the small but frequent gold purchases.
This is as much our game as it is yours so STOP trying to force us out with your ridicule and Snide comments.

Learn to read and say something constructive!

Loki

robmurphy
10-31-2014, 08:45 AM
Same old, same old....

Complain about WD because the matching system is unfair and the WD points are awful
Complain about (F)LTQ's because the energy is too high and the prize units are too powerful
Complain about Epic Boss because it's too easy
Complain about Raid Boss because Master is too difficult
Complain about Frontline because units are too expensive and prizes are poor

EVERY type of event has its good points and it's not so good points. And yes, the rock-hard gold players get everything, but for Gods sake, stop yapping.

If you're an iOS player, here is what I recommend;

Press the round button once
Locate the MW icon
Press and hold it until it wobbles and a little x appears
Press the x
Click delete
Go to the pub and complain to the barman

MW, like life, ain't fair. Those of us who spend lots of gold get all the goodies. Those of us with high IPHs get all the money. But remember we all started at level 1.

I'd rather listen to trolls than complainers, at least trolls sometimes say funny things

In summary;

This event is NOT unplayable, it's as playable as your willing to invest

Am I the only one on this forum who get's wound up by people constantly complaining about something they aren't forced to do. Complain about your taxes, complain about your health....you're stuck with them.

Drakhoan
10-31-2014, 08:58 AM
Same old, same old....

Complain about WD because the matching system is unfair and the WD points are awful
Complain about (F)LTQ's because the energy is too high and the prize units are too powerful

EVERY type of event has its good points and it's not so good points. And yes, the rock-hard gold players get everything, but for Gods sake, stop yapping.

Locate the MW icon
Press the x
Click delete

MW, like life, ain't fair. Those of us who spend lots of gold get all the goodies. Those of us with high IPHs get all the money. But remember we all started at level 1.

I'd rather listen to trolls than complainers, at least trolls sometimes say funny things

In summary;

Am I the only one on this forum who get's wound up by people constantly complaining about something they aren't forced to do. Complain about your taxes, complain about your health....you're stuck with them.

Were you forced to post this ridiculious comment? Get off your high horse...

robmurphy
10-31-2014, 09:07 AM
Were you forced to post this ridiculious comment? Get off your high horse...

No Drakhoan, not forced.

Just hate negativity and whinges in real life and in MW.

I'm not on my high horse, just expressing a personal opinion in as forceable manner as I choose to.

Expendables 2
10-31-2014, 09:07 AM
Love the irony when people are complaining about those complaining...

robmurphy
10-31-2014, 09:09 AM
You can buy cash if it's that big of a deal to you. Play the game and get better stop complaining and expecting everything handed to you. You could be raiding instead of posting here

Great post.

Drakhoan
10-31-2014, 09:16 AM
Love the irony when people are complaining about those complaining...

I was just about to say that... perpetuating that which they have such distaste for.

Expendables 2
10-31-2014, 09:19 AM
Great post.

Just to make clear, the only reason l feel this event is unplayable, is because there are no rewards for hard work. If l raid or attack someone l get cash, if l do a mission l get cash, if l deploy enough units to win or come second l expect some units in return..

I don't expect anything on a plate, and had raided enough over the last week to buy units, those units are now gone with no winners replacements... Event = fail

robmurphy
10-31-2014, 09:20 AM
I was just about to say that... perpetuating that which they have such distaste for.

Now that's funny. Good point. No complaints over that.

Adm. J(K96)
10-31-2014, 09:29 AM
Just to make clear, the only reason l feel this event is unplayable, is because there are no rewards for hard work. If l raid or attack someone l get cash, if l do a mission l get cash, if l deploy enough units to win or come second l expect some units in return..

I don't expect anything on a plate, and had raided enough over the last week to buy units, those units are now gone with no winners replacements... Event = fail

Is this a change to te event, or is it yet another Gree screw up?

Tubs
10-31-2014, 09:35 AM
I like to look at it as people trying to help Gree come up with the best game possible for the most people. I would prefer to be able to buy some units with my mini because I like the war as well because it's a fun event. It's not as fun when only my HLP can participate. I would suggest therefore that Gree adds more units for us to buy with cash and/or gold. Small units that are cheap, then some that are medium and others that are expensive. Best units will be more expensive so HLPs and cash spenders will still win but everyone would be able to take part.
Mayhem/SpankyDass - The Crusaders Faction

Ninuzzo
10-31-2014, 09:39 AM
Same old, same old....

Locate the MW icon
Press the x
Click delete

In summary;

I'm with you, this game is hard, you have to use your brain, if you use it properly you can finish a lot of events, without spending in gold, WTF!

is normal that people playing from 3 years are stronger than you... this is simple...

Loki KAD
10-31-2014, 09:40 AM
I like to look at it as people trying to help Gree come up with the best game possible for the most people. I would prefer to be able to buy some units with my mini because I like the war as well because it's a fun event. It's not as fun when only my HLP can participate. I would suggest therefore that Gree adds more units for us to buy with cash and/or gold. Small units that are cheap, then some that are medium and others that are expensive. Best units will be more expensive so HLPs and cash spenders will still win but everyone would be able to take part.
Mayhem/SpankyDass - The Crusaders Faction

Absolutely spot on!!!

Great post

robmurphy
10-31-2014, 09:42 AM
Surely even LLPs can raid/collect enough cash to purchase the 300K unit? This event happens only once or twice per month, why aren't you raiding enough? Perhaps that's the question?

Pidgeot
10-31-2014, 09:46 AM
These units dont need to be this expensive though. They dont add to stats and are good for 1 event, if they dont change and become worthless. I have thousands of older frontline units that I cant use. Got nothing to compensate for them.

Event is good but needs to change. Bring the tanks back.

Pidgeot
10-31-2014, 09:48 AM
Surely even LLPs can raid/collect enough cash to purchase the 300K unit? This event happens only once or twice per month, why aren't you raiding enough? Perhaps that's the question?

The problem is the game should not be playable based on other players IPH. If I raid someone and get a good raid, then fine but my game should not be dependent on anothers game.

Adm. J(K96)
10-31-2014, 09:52 AM
The problem is the game should not be playable based on other players IPH. If I raid someone and get a good raid, then fine but my game should not be dependent on anothers game.

Uh, that's called competition. Maybe you'd be better off playing solitaire.

Drakhoan
10-31-2014, 09:53 AM

LLP have a rivals list populated with LLP. Even raiding what they do find won't be near as much as higher level players. $26,430,600 for 100 units as the cheapest option just isn't practical. Think the main concern here is that the brand new player should be able to participate in the event by using their 250 deploys every 8.3. What would it hurt to allow them the 400pt Aurora Plane to learn the event with?

Thief
10-31-2014, 10:01 AM
From what I see is gree is pushing the game to be able to be competitive for High Level Players.

Ive said it for 6 months now that the LLP isn't what it used to be in this game as it doesn't have the competitive advantages that it used to for LLP's. Simply look at how made the epic boss, Raid boss (that has nothing to do with level). LTQ the more energy you have the more you can sleep and maximize your regeneration etc. Why? Because the vast majority of its heavy gold spenders are all sitting at level 300. To offset this Gree has made it so that pretty much everyone in the game can attack/raid almost any player by making stats so skewed.

My recommendation? Level up. You will find that at level 200+ you can raid people for Billions left and right giving you the competitive advantage you are looking for in frontline. (Just note you will also score less in WD)

Now I do agree there should be rewards for placing after battle but 1 unit in a 1 hour battle probably isn't making or breaking the game either.

Drakhoan
10-31-2014, 10:01 AM
Uh, that's called competition. Maybe you'd be better off playing solitaire.

I may not agree with Pidgeot, but... When two teams take the field one may have not won a single game while the other is undefeated... yet both are able to take the field. That is competition and that is the issue HERE!

Arc Burn
10-31-2014, 10:07 AM
Hmm... guess I'll disagree/troll as it seems to be called. I love it my main can deploy units with otherwise worthless in game cash, units almost as strong as the gold units. My mini who is in a low faction save and raids in preparation for the event. Sure it can't afford to drop 200+ max units a war but with strategy the little units i saved for can swing a node (s) in your favor. Play the game at your level.

I couldn't always compete in events w my main, be it too low atk, too low energy, or too low iph. I grew that player over time and as i could i did. I certainly didn't complain. It motivated me to get a stronger account. Winning free fl units is nice but for llp but shouldn't hinder progress with a strategy.

Drakhoan
10-31-2014, 10:13 AM
Hmm... guess I'll disagree/troll as it seems to be called. I love it my main can deploy units with otherwise worthless in game cash, units almost as strong as the gold units. My mini who is in a low faction save and raids in preparation for the event. Sure it can't afford to drop 200+ max units a war but with strategy the little units i saved for can swing a node (s) in your favor. Play the game at your level.

I couldn't always compete in events w my main, be it too low atk, too low energy, or too low iph. I grew that player over time and as i could i did. I certainly didn't complain. It motivated me to get a stronger account. Winning free fl units is nice but for llp but shouldn't hinder progress with a strategy.

Think some of you need to start a "How I gree my player and didn't complain thread, Yay good for me"!

So what you are saying is you should raid all cycle to play FL, not to build/upgrade/donate to faction and you will have the perfect player?

jj JJ
10-31-2014, 10:21 AM
You are so very wrong!
You hijack these valid posts for your own amusement thinking only of yourself and the bullies who join you.
Spouting verbal dihhorea just for the sake of it.

Read the original post, it asks for units affordable for LIP NOT with the same force, we just want to play too as do many in my faction.

Players like you are morons, you think GREE survives solely on top 100 factions?
They need the rest of the community too to buy the small but frequent gold purchases.
This is as much our game as it is yours so STOP trying to force us out with your ridicule and Snide comments.

Learn to read and say something constructive!

Loki

Hey Sally (a.k.a, Loki), you can go pound sand! Apparently you are not the sharpest bulb in the knife drawer either. I do just fine in my top 1oo faction and I do just fine with my minis that are not top 100! Don't start nuttin, wont be nuttin!

So what if the units are more expensive? That just means you dont get to use all of your deploys! Is that what your complaint is? you want to buy a really cheap crappy units so you can deploy every single time and make no difference while doing it? why not deploy fewer of a more expensive unit? I bought 300 of the cheapest unit for my mini. All I could afford with that account. Shame on me if I blow my wad right off the bat like you apparently did. I will find the right time and contribute to the team success.

You just need to be smart about how you play the game there bud.

jj JJ
10-31-2014, 10:29 AM
To sum up this thread, some people with low level accounts would like to be able to buy and deploy a completely useless unit that has no practical outcome on a frontline war.

Additionally, they want massive rewards from every single battle (like the ones in WD) because the end of frontline awards are not worth playing for?

robmurphy
10-31-2014, 10:50 AM
Think some of you need to start a "How I gree my player and didn't complain thread, Yay good for me"!

So what you are saying is you should raid all cycle to play FL, not to build/upgrade/donate to faction and you will have the perfect player?

Seriously Drakhoan, why so negative. Not every silver lining has a cloud......

I play MW to have fun. If it's not fun, or there are too many things you don't like, don't play.

MW is a great game. Just smile and keep tapping......

Comrade John
10-31-2014, 10:53 AM
the lesson is people love to complain. come out with an idea to help newer players and older players rage. come up with an event for people who have played for 2+ years and people still rage.

Adm. J(K96)
10-31-2014, 10:54 AM
I may not agree with Pidgeot, but... When two teams take the field one may have not won a single game while the other is undefeated... yet both are able to take the field. That is competition and that is the issue HERE!

His complaint was that his game should not be dependent on another's game. That's all this game is about! None of these events are independent of anything else in this game. It all about competing all the time against others, so yes everyone's game is absolutely dependent on someone elses game. Pidge apparently doesn't want to compete though. It sounds like he is just not a very good player and wants to blame everyone else for what he doesn't have. It takes a long time to get a solid account if you aren't willing to spend a ton of cash. But instead he wants it all right now. There were a lot of people in my faction that spent far more money than I ever did, yet I had stats 5x what they did. How is that? Because I played smarter than them. Because I put more time in than them.

Just curious pidge, are you by chance a fourth generation welfare recipient?

Loki KAD
10-31-2014, 11:07 AM
Hey Sally (a.k.a, Loki), you can go pound sand! Apparently you are not the sharpest bulb in the knife drawer either. I do just fine in my top 1oo faction and I do just fine with my minis that are not top 100! Don't start nuttin, wont be nuttin!

So what if the units are more expensive? That just means you dont get to use all of your deploys! Is that what your complaint is? you want to buy a really cheap crappy units so you can deploy every single time and make no difference while doing it? why not deploy fewer of a more expensive unit? I bought 300 of the cheapest unit for my mini. All I could afford with that account. Shame on me if I blow my wad right off the bat like you apparently did. I will find the right time and contribute to the team success.

You just need to be smart about how you play the game there bud.

You're talking rubbish mate!

I'm well aware of how to play the game and buy units etc... My mini has a good ranking for it's level, I started this thread because I can see how this event is unplayable for many.

It's a game that many cant play!

I don't want to sit on the side lines I want to join in and be a part of a great event.

You started the first of many threads that belittles players that just want to join in the fun, how is that possible if we sit this one out.

Oh and the nonsensical jibber jabber you spouted wasn't funny, stupid yes but not funny.

Loki

Pidgeot
10-31-2014, 11:32 AM
His complaint was that his game should not be dependent on another's game. That's all this game is about! None of these events are independent of anything else in this game. It all about competing all the time against others, so yes everyone's game is absolutely dependent on someone elses game. Pidge apparently doesn't want to compete though. It sounds like he is just not a very good player and wants to blame everyone else for what he doesn't have. It takes a long time to get a solid account if you aren't willing to spend a ton of cash. But instead he wants it all right now. There were a lot of people in my faction that spent far more money than I ever did, yet I had stats 5x what they did. How is that? Because I played smarter than them. Because I put more time in than them.

Just curious pidge, are you by chance a fourth generation welfare recipient?
http://s28.postimg.org/q4qm5kwl9/Screenshot_2014_10_31_11_14_55.png (http://postimg.org/image/57ue0wyk9/full/)
screenshot windows (http://postimage.org/app.php)

I do pretty well for myself and have no problem with events. My game is not dependent of anothers but I use raiding to help "top things off". The problem is raiding is a lot harder now with the collect all button. You hit someone once and if they are active, they will log on and hit that button. Playing a game should never depend on anothers game for progress. The game should be more than helpful to get players going. Even in games that require grinding, players gain enough to play their game. I spend as little as I can and go after what I want. I play smart but thats because I work on what works.

The problem is with players like you, who cant see outside their own situations. I have lots of what most players dont have but I want them to have it, if they put the work in. The problem is most players put in the hard work but still dont have. They run nonstop overlapping LTQ event, the odd overlapping health events and dont listen to their players. You feel because you or other spend money means they earned or deserve something.

You are the problem that plague free to play games.

YankeePhil
10-31-2014, 11:42 AM

They're complaining because with thier incomes they can't afford ANY units so they are completely unable to play the event, i have 6m IPH and have a hard time playing using only the cheap units

robmurphy
10-31-2014, 11:45 AM
They're complaining because with thier incomes they can't afford ANY units so they are completely unable to play the event, i have 6m IPH and have a hard time playing using only the cheap units

Then people should play harder and longer. Don't expect a seat at table......earn it.

Adm. J(K96)
10-31-2014, 11:49 AM
Lol pidge. You really are clueless. Given enough time, they can have a lot too. Even if they dont pay. Why exactly am I the Problem?

Big John
10-31-2014, 11:49 AM
Then people should play harder and longer. Don't expect a seat at table......earn it.
It's a game that anybody should be able to play, nobody is saying they want a free ride.

Drakhoan
10-31-2014, 11:51 AM
the lesson is people love to complain. come out with an idea to help newer players and older players rage. come up with an event for people who have played for 2+ years and people still rage.

This is the money shot!!!

Drakhoan
10-31-2014, 11:52 AM
Lol pidge. You really are clueless. Given enough time, they can have a lot too. Even if they dont pay. Why exactly am I the Problem?

Tunnel vision and an inability to understand what is being said here.

robmurphy
10-31-2014, 11:59 AM
I'm beginning to warm to you Drakhoan....you're funny.

But I bet you think it's OK to steal money from the bank when you play Monopoly......

Pidgeot
10-31-2014, 11:59 AM

You love using Ad hominems dont you? I dot expect anything less. You dont understand this game is moving way too fast and is becoming too much of a chore. Time should never be a factor in games. A player is expected to put time in but when you are saying 1+ years to maybe have a shot, its gone too far. A few months tops should be enough time to set players apart from those who are serious, pay or not.

The problem is GREE and people like you don't understand the correct way to run a game like this.

Adm. J(K96)
10-31-2014, 12:10 PM
Drak, I understand completely. And I also disagree completely.

Pidge, why not? Because YOU say so? This game was never for the instant gratification crowd. If that's what you want go somewhere else. It's a big part of why this game has had such a long life. For all the things Gree has done wrong, this is not one of them. This is not an FPS. Really, look at the game for what it is, and not what it isn't.

Pidgeot
10-31-2014, 12:20 PM
Grinding is the very nature of FTP games. They also expect to make money but they dont do so by charging for everything. I expect to put time into every game I play, just like everyone else but there is normally a fast payoff. They keep you playing because they know you are being rewarded in a timely fashion OR you can grind for stronger gear in NORMAL gameplay.

There is no grinding in modern war. You cant work at getting better units through NORMAL means. Events aren't considered normal gameplay but extras. They need to stop with all the events and run them every once in a while. I would like to buy boost units with in game cash, like you can do in every other game. I would like to grind the maps for boost units, like you can do in other games.

Think about what Call of Duty would be like if they forced you to buy gold to replace ammo clips when you needed to reload...

Adm. J(K96)
10-31-2014, 12:40 PM
No, events used to be extra. Now they are not. Now they are the grind. This isn't every other game. It's rare that I say this, but if you don't like it, this is really a case of you going and finding something that suits you better. This is never what the game was about.

Pogo Dawg
10-31-2014, 02:34 PM
Front Line is unplayable for Low Level Players (LLP) or Low income Players (LIP)

I myself make 50mil iph but my LLP makes 330k it means that my 2nd account will sit with 250 deploys most of the event. There must be hundreds if not thousands of players in the same boat.

I understand there is a need to make money, however I'm sure by enticing players with a chance to do well is a better way to get players to spend real cash.

Tadaaah & community support you need to sort this out and make this awesome event playable for everyone again!

Best Regards

Loki
I have hundreds....thousands of un used units. I would spend a onetime event fee to be able to use these units in frontline

Sayiwont3377
10-31-2014, 03:08 PM

Best Regards

Loki
There is an option to buy cash just below the gold quit crying and give Gree(D) some money. Or hack the game haha

Loki KAD
10-31-2014, 03:19 PM
There is an option to buy cash just below the gold quit crying and give Gree(D) some money. Or hack the game haha

You are clearly not blessed, your comments are neither helpful or funny....
Quit trying too be a smart ass

I Will Merc You
10-31-2014, 03:20 PM
Unused units.....

Do as the military does, and bury the excess in the jungle.

HellRaizer
10-31-2014, 05:17 PM
I see the typical high horse and stupidly high spending preachers are advising the masses to spend a ridiculous amounts of money

I gave up my HLP a long time back. Spent too much on it and just play free with a level 80 LLP

I agree with the OP. For LIPs this event is barely playable. My iph is currently terrible as expected and I cannot buy units. Therefore I only do my deploys near the end of the event once I have accumulated as many units as possible. Not very enjoyable and certainly not playing the game..

Would a vault of cash help... Nope because my IPH and I'm not going to spend $100 on cash that will allow me an extra couple of battles. I did enjoy this event in the past as at least I could deploy my cheaply bought units

However I chose to spend my in the real world and leave the heavy spending to the trapped fools (which I was)

Expendables 2
10-31-2014, 06:13 PM
I see the typical high horse and stupidly high spending preachers are advising the masses to spend a ridiculous amounts of money

I gave up my HLP a long time back. Spent too much on it and just play free with a level 80 LLP

I agree with the OP. For LIPs this event is barely playable. My iph is currently terrible as expected and I cannot buy units. Therefore I only do my deploys near the end of the event once I have accumulated as many units as possible. Not very enjoyable and certainly not playing the game..

Would a vault of cash help... Nope because my IPH and I'm not going to spend $100 on cash that will allow me an extra couple of battles. I did enjoy this event in the past as at least I could deploy my cheaply bought units

However I chose to spend my in the real world and leave the heavy spending to the trapped fools (which I was)

Wise words Sir

Drakhoan
11-01-2014, 04:31 AM
I'm beginning to warm to you Drakhoan....you're funny.

But I bet you think it's OK to steal money from the bank when you play Monopoly......

Haha, I'm sure you say that in jest and its lost to me in text. I think we could get along fine mate. I pride myself on being able to get along with anyone... doesn't mean we have to agree!

Wait a minute... I'm not sure where you bank at, but all the banks I know of steal money from their customers. So heck yes that would bring the hammer down on my openents and force them to take a loan to pay my astronimical hotel fee.

Drakhoan
11-01-2014, 04:36 AM
No, events used to be extra. Now they are not. Now they are the grind. This isn't every other game. It's rare that I say this, but if you don't like it, this is really a case of you going and finding something that suits you better. This is never what the game was about.

How exactly do you know this... does GREE sign your paycheck? If not then you may be talking out of the wrong end.

Drakhoan
11-01-2014, 04:38 AM
Unused units.....

Do as the military does, and bury the excess in the jungle.

Or as the US does and sell/give them to anyone who wants them.

Nickimp
11-01-2014, 05:42 AM
This sucks I have been playing this game so long but I can't even play my favorite game mode. I am not one the usually complain about what you guys but what you did to this event really screwed all low income people.

Adm. J(K96)
11-01-2014, 05:53 AM
How exactly do you know this... does GREE sign your paycheck? If not then you may be talking out of the wrong end.
Oh that's rich lol! Me, of all people, being accused of working for Gree. That right there loses you any bit of credibility you had left as it shows you know even less thab I suspected. Go do your homework now son, and learn the truth.

Drakhoan
11-01-2014, 06:55 AM
Oh that's rich lol! Me, of all people, being accused of working for Gree. That right there loses you any bit of credibility you had left as it shows you know even less thab I suspected. Go do your homework now son, and learn the truth.

Literacy is in a sad state these days! That was sarcasm, noted by the "IF NOT".

Yahoo
11-01-2014, 08:24 AM
I'm pissed ****ing **** Gree support WHERE ARE the BATTLE REWARD UNITS ! We don't get what we earn each battle.
React at least god damn we are not the only ones with the problem

Expendables 2
11-01-2014, 10:23 AM
Guess the event was playable 😉 even without no winning unit replenishment achieved 9/9 faction goal and 10/10 individual goal on all 4 accounts lol...

Arc Burn
11-01-2014, 11:22 AM

No not yay good for me. It's more like stop being a baby. People that can compete have put the time and/or money in. Why don't you do the same. We all had to pay our dues.

At no point did I say to not donate or upgrade. Quit pointing the finer at someone else.

Drakhoan
11-01-2014, 11:34 AM
No not yay good for me. It's more like stop being a baby. People that can compete have put the time and/or money in. Why don't you do the same. We all had to pay our dues.

At no point did I say to not donate or upgrade. Quit pointing the finer at someone else.

Again you miss the point Sir! If you have to raid all month to buy FL units as you are saying, then you will exclude yourself from doing builds/upgrades/donating. Pretty simple.

Drakhoan
11-01-2014, 11:38 AM

Again you miss the point Sir! If you have to raid all month to buy FL units as you are saying, then you will exclude yourself from doing builds/upgrades/donating. Pretty simple.

Ahh and I have paid my "dues" and put in "time and/or money". I'm free to point my "finer" at you calling someone a baby all I want.

I Will Merc You
11-01-2014, 12:04 PM
Drakhoan,

Write a book, publish it, and sell it.

...but please quit updating this thread now. Thanks.

Adm. J(K96)
11-01-2014, 01:44 PM
It's you who's missed the point. But it looks like you are starting to see now. The game is full of choices. Yes, you may have to skip one thing to do another. You can't have it all. Kind of like that other game we all play. What's it called again? Oh yes, I remember now.

Life.

Loki KAD
11-01-2014, 01:49 PM
Drakhoan,

I'd buy that book ;)

Adm. J(K96)
11-01-2014, 02:00 PM
He can title it " The Joy of Whining".

Drakhoan
11-02-2014, 06:23 AM
Drakhoan,

It's you who's missed the point. But it looks like you are starting to see now. The game is full of choices. Yes, you may have to skip one thing to do another. You can't have it all. Kind of like that other game we all play. What's it called again? Oh yes, I remember now.

Life.

He can title it " The Joy of Whining".

BYH's - So let me get this straight... someone voices theiropinion, I voice mine, you don't like it so you voice yours while telling me noone else can voice theirs if it is not in line with yours. Now you are tellingme that I need to stop updating a thread in which you are updating to tell meto stop updating while attempting to poke and prod at me... That all makesperfectly logical sense. Keep proving to the world what kind of person you trulyare.

Seeing your point has nothing to do with it. I can read and understand anything you canhalfway communicate. Doing so does nothave a thing to do with fact or influence on me. I don't need exerts from your gameguide. My choices are MINE and I choseto be great at everything I do.

LIFE... hopefully those in your life are spared theignorance you share with us.

Oh yeah and about that book... sounds like a great idea,with the exception that, as I have counted out numerous times in this thread,the failure of this threads lackeys to READ!

The dedication would undoubtedly go to you two magnificentpersons.

Adm. J(K96)
11-02-2014, 07:00 AM
BYH's - So let me get this straight... someone voices theiropinion, I voice mine, you don't like it so you voice yours while telling me noone else can voice theirs if it is not in line with yours. Now you are tellingme that I need to stop updating a thread in which you are updating to tell meto stop updating while attempting to poke and prod at me... That all makesperfectly logical sense. Keep proving to the world what kind of person you trulyare.

Seeing your point has nothing to do with it. I can read and understand anything you canhalfway communicate. Doing so does nothave a thing to do with fact or influence on me. I don't need exerts from your gameguide. My choices are MINE and I choseto be great at everything I do.

LIFE... hopefully those in your life are spared theignorance you share with us.

Oh yeah and about that book... sounds like a great idea,with the exception that, as I have counted out numerous times in this thread,the failure of this threads lackeys to READ!

The dedication would undoubtedly go to you two magnificentpersons.

Maybe you could attempt to be great at proofreading? Or maybe even ok? Hell, even bad would be better than what you've attempted to date.

By far one of the biggest flakes I've come across here in a long time. You can't further your own argument so you resort to trying to show you possess some form of superior intellect, yet only show how unintelligent you actually are in the process. Thank you for this mornings laugh lol.

Drakhoan
11-02-2014, 01:43 PM
Maybe you could attempt to be great at proofreading? Or maybe even ok? Hell, even bad would be better than what you've attempted to date.

By far one of the biggest flakes I've come across here in a long time. You can't further your own argument so you resort to trying to show you possess some form of superior intellect, yet only show how unintelligent you actually are in the process. Thank you for this mornings laugh lol.

I realize there are tons of errors there. It does not have any errors until I hit post... I'm sure you will agrue with that as well. I'm too busy today to go back and edit the forum post so that you can have a perfect post.... what's that thing you refered to... oh yeah LIFE! Well, as far as my intellect goes... you are so far off there you have no idea. Not smart at all. Good day siR.

I Will Merc You
11-03-2014, 09:20 AM
Literacy is in a sad state these days! That was sarcasm, noted by the "IF NOT".

Perhaps next time you will not be so quick to flash your Grammar Police badge.

...about that book.....I wouldn't buy it with Tapjoy gold.

Arc Burn
11-03-2014, 12:04 PM

Ahh and I have paid my "dues" and put in "time and/or money". I'm free to point my "finer" at you calling someone a baby all I want.

D, (may I call you D?) forgive me on multiple counts.

For some reason I thought you could raid and upgrade at the same time. Silly me, I now know better. As you have clearly and eloquently pointed out, that is impossible. I must report myself as accidentally cheating as I have been able to do this with both llp and hlp. Do you think it is a droid glitch? Please advise.

Also, I have done the unthinkable and left a 'g' out of the word 'finger' in my previous post. I know this was probably confusing, if not offensive to such a master of the English language such as yourself. My cell phone and thumbs fail me again. I do hope that you can find it within yourself to forgive such a travesty.

I do have a question or two for you if you can spare but a minute of your valuable time. If you have, as you claim, paid your dues, why is this even an issue? What has your time/money gone to if you have a poor iph AND lack the stats to raid people? Is there a part of the game I have been unaware of all these years?

Drakhoan
11-04-2014, 08:16 PM
Perhaps next time you will not be so quick to flash your Grammar Police badge.

...about that book.....I wouldn't buy it with Tapjoy gold.

If you would look back, you would see that I made no correction, citation, or arrest! Simply used a quotation because I was quoting. Fairly simple stuff. Well all make mistakes. Mine were made fun of and I smile about it even though it was not my actually my error.

D, (may I call you D?) forgive me on multiple counts.

For some reason I thought you could raid and upgrade at the same time. Silly me, I now know better. As you have clearly and eloquently pointed out, that is impossible. I must report myself as accidentally cheating as I have been able to do this with both llp and hlp. Do you think it is a droid glitch? Please advise.

Also, I have done the unthinkable and left a 'g' out of the word 'finger' in my previous post. I know this was probably confusing, if not offensive to such a master of the English language such as yourself. My cell phone and thumbs fail me again. I do hope that you can find it within yourself to forgive such a travesty.

I do have a question or two for you if you can spare but a minute of your valuable time. If you have, as you claim, paid your dues, why is this even an issue? What has your time/money gone to if you have a poor iph AND lack the stats to raid people? Is there a part of the game I have been unaware of all these years?

You don't need to call me anything.

What is raiding and upgrading? Why are you even still bringing this up? Don't recall saying anything like that was impossible. Too lazy to go back and see though, so I will employ the common technique of not reading. May actually grow on me.

Yes, I will forgive your typo... If I were a master, last I checked those days are over. I am master of nothing and no one. Also see above statement, as I didn't have an issue with your "g".

Yes, I can also spare some time. What is the issue again? Last I checked I have both iph and stats pretty well covered. All these years I've been playing the same game you have. Oh no I'm sorry, I thought you meant something else. I don't even play MW, so probably so!

-----------------------

You guys are providing me with endless hours of entertainment!!! Thank you!

Loki KAD
11-05-2014, 02:39 AM
Arc Burn,

You have hijacked and ruined a post that was only supposed to highlight that SOME llp's struggle to play this event continuously and made it all about you and your ego!

There are hundreds of ways to play this game, yes we know! Some players actually want to join in on an event not sit on the side lines. Raiding may not work for a level 10 player.

Next post you don't agree with, be constructive please.

Loki

Pidgeot
11-05-2014, 12:15 PM
The game changed too much. Frontline is unplayable is you dont own 2 Arctic Mining Rigs, AC's, and I would argue the Queensland. The pink prison and hotel but the new LEs are so weak to the point that Frontline is just not worth it for most players. IPH boost help as well but its nothing like owning 6 buildings that provide over 3b every day.

I Will Merc You
11-05-2014, 12:31 PM
The word 'unplayable' is being used too much. Frontline can be 'played' without a high IPH.

The issue seems to be that low IPH players can not play Frontline in the tier they think they should be able to play it.

...just use cheap units. No big deal at all. One day, as the IPH increases, so will your rank in Frontline.

Pidgeot
11-05-2014, 12:38 PM
The word 'unplayable' is being used too much. Frontline can be 'played' without a high IPH.

The issue seems to be that low IPH players can not play Frontline in the tier they think they should be able to play it.

...just use cheap units. No big deal at all. One day, as the IPH increases, so will your rank in Frontline.

My IPH is just over 22m and its still hard for me. I do well but as well as I would like to and that is partly with the LTBs (even the "good" ones) being bad. I do agree that unplayable is being used a lot but its the only way to describe it for most.

Therealguido
11-05-2014, 12:58 PM
My IPH is just over 22m and its still hard for me. I do well but as well as I would like to and that is partly with the LTBs (even the "good" ones) being bad. I do agree that unplayable is being used a lot but its the only way to describe it for most.

I dont understand, I have a "low" IPH (less than $8M), have been around since the virtual start of the game when Funzio kept it "fun" and I scored more than 60M pts in the last Frontline. I was able to raid over $6B in cash that I used to fund the purchases.

Now if I had a better IPH I would have done better, but I was fairly happy with my results. In fact I did better in the earlier frontlines when you could "win" decent units with your faction. I think those saying it is "unplayable" may have an issue with spending the time or $$ needed to "play" and "raise cash". I invested A LOT of time in raiding and certainly got some unwanted XP but it is a personal trade off.

I made decisions earlier in the game to not drive IPH and spend my cashflow in other ways, so I do fine in Epic Bosses where I can kill it free all the way up.

I guess if you have a low IPH and a low ATT/DEF and a high level- you are not likely to do well in Frontline but that was also a choice you made to invest your time and effort in that fashion. If you are a new LLP and expect to compete with folks who have years invested- then you are living in a dream world unless you want to spend a lot of $$$ and Gold.

Not everyone is going to be great at every event unless they really spend lots of Gold or are somehow otherwise guided with extreme luck. However I find Frontline a great event far better then its predecessor Full Assault.

Does Gree get it all right- hardly- but I dont think Frontline is the place to use the term unplayable or unfair.

Different Strokes for Different Folks- you dont have to love every event or be the best at every event (that may be unreasonable without a lot of hard cash). Know what you want out of the game, build your account for that and hope that Gree doesnt change too many of the rules along the way (stat inflation in fact was among the worst changes for me given my set up).

If you dont like it dont play.

Expendables 2
11-05-2014, 01:31 PM
Did we ever get a response as to why nothing was rewarded for placing during a battle...

Pidgeot
11-05-2014, 01:48 PM
Just think I'll say I nevered like the whole "if you dont like it, dont play it" thing. All issues is history did not resolve themselves by just saying "don't like, don't play it".

What?
11-05-2014, 02:15 PM
Units for frontline are able to be purchased at anytime. Just stock up before the event and you should be fine. If you wait until the event starts, then you already lost.

Adm. J(K96)
11-05-2014, 02:36 PM
Well said Guido, though some people will never get it. Or those that feel they are "entitled" will just flat out refuse to accept it

Kujo1234
11-05-2014, 02:45 PM
I think it is just a little extreme with the cost. I think everyone should be able to participate to some extent. The current costs make that very difficult for new players regardless of competition. before they could at least deploy a bunch of weak troops and use their deploys.

It doesn't matter much to me, but if I were Gree, I would try to keep players engaged. The current format creates a situation where new players just don't bother to check in.

Think of it like the beginners LTQs. Competitive players don't care about it unless there is energy in it, but it keeps mini's and new players engaged. What the harm in leaving some cheap units out there?

Adm. J(K96)
11-05-2014, 02:50 PM
I think many forget when a number of events were locked for those below level 20. But people complained so Gree got rid of the level requirement. Be careful what you wish for.

Expendables 2
11-05-2014, 02:51 PM
Gree don't give a monkeys about old players so why should they care about new players...

Loki KAD
11-05-2014, 03:41 PM
I dont understand, I have a "low" IPH (less than $8M), have been around since the virtual start of the game when Funzio kept it "fun" and I scored more than 60M pts in the last Frontline. I was able to raid over $6B in cash that I used to fund the purchases.

Now if I had a better IPH I would have done better, but I was fairly happy with my results. In fact I did better in the earlier frontlines when you could "win" decent units with your faction. I think those saying it is "unplayable" may have an issue with spending the time or $$ needed to "play" and "raise cash". I invested A LOT of time in raiding and certainly got some unwanted XP but it is a personal trade off.

I made decisions earlier in the game to not drive IPH and spend my cashflow in other ways, so I do fine in Epic Bosses where I can kill it free all the way up.

I guess if you have a low IPH and a low ATT/DEF and a high level- you are not likely to do well in Frontline but that was also a choice you made to invest your time and effort in that fashion. If you are a new LLP and expect to compete with folks who have years invested- then you are living in a dream world unless you want to spend a lot of $$$ and Gold.

Not everyone is going to be great at every event unless they really spend lots of Gold or are somehow otherwise guided with extreme luck. However I find Frontline a great event far better then its predecessor Full Assault.

Does Gree get it all right- hardly- but I dont think Frontline is the place to use the term unplayable or unfair.

Different Strokes for Different Folks- you dont have to love every event or be the best at every event (that may be unreasonable without a lot of hard cash). Know what you want out of the game, build your account for that and hope that Gree doesnt change too many of the rules along the way (stat inflation in fact was among the worst changes for me given my set up).

If you dont like it dont play.

I can't agree with any of this, I think you have to look at the details and not just the big picture.

The game is supposed to be played on a daily basis and any time it's not played often in the first few months of a game a new player will automatically lose interest. If you create an event that only 30% of players can play to the full extent of the event and another 40% can play to some extent you leave 30% of players struggling to play at all. The game as a whole is based on strategy but you can't say there's any real strategy if you can't participate in playing. So you will essentially have factions that fall really short because their players aren't cash rich (in game cash). Ok so I don't want to forget to mention that GREE is a business and as a business they have to make money. To make money you need to sell a product, the whole game is the product, not one event, not a war weekend but everything. LLP's should be as important to GREE as any other player and therefore should make the event accessible even with low funds.

One idea I had was to create to tabs during the event. The first tab had all your cash units and the other had all your gold units, this idea was on the back of someone else's post. This way all players could either spend in game cash or gold at the level of play they are up to.

Hearing people say, if you don't like it quit is a ridiculous thing to say. If we all felt that way gree would have closed business a long time ago!
Why should we quit, we've invested time and money into a game we love, we only ask that gree invests time and money creating the best game possible. This is often done with customer feedback.

Thanks and best regards

Loki

Drakhoan
11-05-2014, 10:21 PM
I think it is just a little extreme with the cost. I think everyone should be able to participate to some extent. The current costs make that very difficult for new players regardless of competition. before they could at least deploy a bunch of weak troops and use their deploys.

Think of it like the beginners LTQs. Competitive players don't care about it unless there is energy in it, but it keeps mini's and new players engaged. What the harm in leaving some cheap units out there?

This is spot on!

Its not about not wanting to raid or do any work for FL. Its not about competing with the top tier or ranking high in FL.

Here is an example I pulled from my arse...

Say the player is a level 40 with an iph of 100k and through raiding and missions and saving all month they amass 50mil. Under this new FL unit format the best they could hope for is 100 choppers and 10 gunners. So regardless if they drop them all in the first few minutes or space them out over the event doesn't change much. Face value of 110 deploys would at be 256,950 (yes I know this does not account for bonus multiplier). Doubt they would make top 40k. Nothing would change except for player involvement and fun if they could get 1000 units for that same 50mil at about a 250 point value (FL Serpent was 25 and FL Aurora 400 points).

Now explain who and what the harm would be in that?

Adm. J(K96)
11-06-2014, 03:32 AM
Using those numbers, pulled out your arse, it's fairly clear. It's not about what the harm is. It's about the choice that individual made. They chose to not invest in IPH, therefore they chose to not be able to participate as much in FL as others. Their choice. Everyone can't have everything. If one makes poor choices, then you don't get the rewards, though I admit that getting more time off from this game could also be considered a reward of sorts.

Therealguido
11-06-2014, 06:41 AM
Using those numbers, pulled out your arse, it's fairly clear. It's not about what the harm is. It's about the choice that individual made. They chose to not invest in IPH, therefore they chose to not be able to participate as much in FL as others. Their choice. Everyone can't have everything. If one makes poor choices, then you don't get the rewards, though I admit that getting more time off from this game could also be considered a reward of sorts.

Also for those who have been around long enough, there was a time when everyone laughed at IPH and in Game cash as "useless", just like they did with Valor before the "new" units (which now need another set of "new" units).

As I say above, as a result of the way I was playing the game and the game set up I decided against IPH early on and am still paying the price.

We have LLP in two of my factions with less than $1M IPH (and I am not exactly high at $8M- see my results posted earlier in this thread) and those folks did just fine in the last Frontline, we made sure they built up as much cash as they could (target for them was $150M and they got it). Bought the right units and deployed and max multiplier. They grew their accounts nicely both from Indy and Faction awards.

It is truly amazing that folks think that unless you are top xxx you cant "win", "have fun" or "play".

While I see some don't like my perspective about dont play, I assure you that Gree doesnt design every event for everyone to have maximum success. Sure they want everyone engaged but engagement doesnt mean top tier prizes esp for LLP who dont invest gold, time, cash.

I suggest those of you complaining consider what faction you are in and what they are doing to help you in Frontline. Part of being in a faction (*a current requirement to play Frontline but not the game) should be getting help, advice and guidance. If your faction cant get the multiplier up high enough or help you prep enough cash by providing you with guidance and targets (plus the new Temp Bonuses which make it even easier)--- well maybe that should be part of your discussion.

Dont like it then examine that you made your choices, make new ones and play differently.

Plenty of problems with the game - least of which is the constant crashing or newest iOS deployments that dont work.

Frontline is WAY WAY down the list of things that need any tinkering imho- and i understand that others have a different opinion. That is your right.

Unplayable- NO
Unfair- NO
Different game play depending on your strategy and investments of time, $$ and allocation of in game assets- YES
Need a new faction- MAYBE

Forum Chatter- PRICELESS :)

Drakhoan
11-07-2014, 01:17 AM
Blah blah blah... you still do not have a clue.

Let me use smaller numbers so you can understand.

Level 10 player, been playing 3 weeks, with 15k iph... ahh nevermind you guys don't want the game to continue becuase that might mean doing things that don't benefit you. Some things need to allow new players, let me say it again NEW/LL players, an oportunity to play or they won't stay.

What I keep hearing you say is that the Frontline event should be the only event a new/LL player level 1-50 cannot play? Even if they have invested and focused on iph they would not have a way to stay involved.

WD has taken back the number 1 event for me. Even a LL can beat a wall or PA a DL.... and I don't even have a LLP anymore.

Adm. J(K96)
11-07-2014, 02:54 AM
At the end of the day there is no sense in discussing this further. You feel people are entitled to things "just because". I feel everyone is entitled to whatever they are willing to work for, no more, no less. Right now Gree thinks we are entitled to a severely broken game.

Agent Orange
11-07-2014, 04:54 AM
At the end of the day there is no sense in discussing this further. You feel people are entitled to things "just because". I feel everyone is entitled to whatever they are willing to work for, no more, no less. Right now Gree thinks we are entitled to a severely broken game.

Sadly the most accurate description of the problem.

Problem I see is that some comments are really helpful only to established players that have LLPs. I'm seeing a really lopsided mess in the low levels now. Guys in high level factions with level 50 and under LLPs with 100,000,000 stats raiding the crap out of beginners so increasing raid and attack cash drops will drive new players away in droves if it has not already happened.
Keep in mind that a brand spanking new player has pretty much zero information on how to play the game. Even being in this forum isn't as helpful as it used to be. Then factor in a game that is severely broken and well you get the picture. Player levels used to help but a lot more established players are setting up LLPs and boosting their stats by parking them in their high level factions to boost up their stats, I know because that was a strategy I used too. But with current stat inflation this means that the lower levels are a bloodbath for new players who enter the game with no support from established players, this forum or useful information built into th game.

Hobbs
11-07-2014, 05:23 AM
Touched on this problem before,that is why I suggested a "BORROW FROM FACTION VAULT" Feature!
That way established players donate and newer team mates can Borrow from Vault at Leaders Discretion,a way to involve all accounts and help them grow together,It's a Team Game,without the Faction and Social Side the Game is Pretty Poor even before All the Problems!

Adm. J(K96)
11-07-2014, 05:46 AM
Touched on this problem before,that is why I suggested a "BORROW FROM FACTION VAULT" Feature!
That way established players donate and newer team mates can Borrow from Vault at Leaders Discretion,a way to involve all accounts and help them grow together,It's a Team Game,without the Faction and Social Side the Game is Pretty Poor even before All the Problems!

I think most agreed, it's just too much for Gree to handle properly right now. If ever.

Agent Orange
11-07-2014, 06:26 AM

Problem with that is you have to be a part of a faction, how many new players and I mean one's that aren't LLPs would actually know this or join a faction since other than wall posts that might have all been nuked by these updates there would be limited ways of figuring this out.

I Will Merc You
11-07-2014, 07:55 AM
MW has complicated itself out of a really good, solid game.

GREE took a great game from Funzio, loaded it down with events, and now we are all 'event' players....not MW players.

Drakhoan
11-11-2014, 03:11 AM

Once again you miss the mark. No one here feels anyone is or should be entitled to things/rewards "just because". They are however entitled to expect the ability to partcipate on their level. Lower cost units during FL would accomplish this. Yes lower cost units that contribute lower point value.

By far more constructive post than the majority of this threads contributers.

Expendables 2
11-11-2014, 04:37 AM
Said a long time ago the real way is to divide some of the faction events (frontline and WD) into normal and prestige, the leader chooses which tier before the event starts. Normal aimed at LLP's and newbies to enable them to get used to the game. Prestige for more experience players, HLP's and top factions. To take part in Prestige the cost and committment is higher and the rewards match. Normal participation allows newbies to develop and grow.. After coming back out of retirement in Feb/Mar I have grown two accounts over the last 6 months to (level 81 55m A 54m D) and (level 33 over 28m A 25m D) by doing well in frontline, WD streaks, epic boss and the occasional LTQ. Not spent any gold and happy where l got to, my IPH is crap (under 200k) and am now leaving again because of data usage issues.

Adm. J(K96)
11-11-2014, 07:42 AM
Nothing is stopping them from doing that now.

NexusImperium
11-11-2014, 07:58 AM
Guys, nobody should be complaining about IPH. I started my mini about 13-14 months ago and his IPH is 6M. No-one has any excuse to not grow their IPH by at least 3-4M per year. My main has been playing for 2.5 years, missed the first 3-4 LTB, and has an IPH of about 22M.

I like Frontline. I also agree that the wars should be 30 minutes instead of an hour. Everyone deploys at the end anyway, why make people wait for 1 hr?

Gree needs to drop the worthless gold units and just have cash units. If people are going to spend gold on this they're going to do it buying more deploys. They should also open up choices for lower-income folks. Even with an IPH of 6M my mini can't fully participate in this event. My 22M IPH main can buy 250 of the top cash unit but it's painful and can only do it once. There needs to be more choices for this event.

Drakhoan
11-23-2014, 04:24 PM
From the looks of the recent FL GREE did a wise move and brought back some low cost units! Yay!!!

Paisthecoolest
11-23-2014, 05:08 PM
My mini that I started a week ago has a 27k iph. It scored over 2m points in frontline, which not a lot. If everyone coordinates you can get the 12m bonus and increase your score.

It is, however, a lot more fun to play with my 125m iph player, but he is STILL LOCKED OUT

Dave Gould
11-24-2014, 07:34 AM
two words, raid, save.

Adm.
11-24-2014, 09:07 AM
I wouldn't call what the op described as unplayable. Unplayable is for those that couldn't even get into the game, or get a match up, or not have units they purchased show up in their inventory.

VSH
11-24-2014, 09:33 AM
I wouldn't call what the op described as unplayable. Unplayable is for those that couldn't even get into the game, or get a match up, or not have units they purchased show up in their inventory.

+++++1

I run a small but tight group that needs ALL players participating. The problem is at least 5 of our guys were locked out of the game, never mind the event !

I have several profiles in my group, none have great IPH with the best being a measly 4m IPH. But I managed to get all three of them to 10/10 on the solo challenge. I raid, raid, raid and buy the required units. It's hard work but it IS possible. I do not agree that the event is unplayable. It strikes me that this is more about people not wanting XP and avoiding levelling their mini's up too much. That's their choice, but don't complain that you can't compete because you can. You are making a. Conscious decision not to.

Fun for all? Maybe not.... But anyone can achieve results if they are prepared to work.

Killer_Elite
11-24-2014, 10:24 AM
You have to realise not everyone can win everything. I was in top 50 faction for ages but left as it was taking too much time and cost too much as I wanted to pay my way.

Left and started faction with my son and between us, we have 4 devices and play in all events but we are realistic. In frontline, we go for the points event and the win 2,3 and 4 node event. We usually get both of thse but don't even bother trying to get the 9 wins as it takes too long and would cost too much.

Same in wars, we go for 4 or 5 wins in arrow, but I have other things to do and am not waiting indoors all weekend to play a game.

Just be realistic, it is just a game and try and treat it as such.

Drakhoan
11-25-2014, 01:20 AM
Looks like the latested peeps posting didn't bother to read all the juicy stuff past the original title post! Cracks me up.

Adm.
11-25-2014, 04:14 AM
Or maybe we did.

robmurphy
11-25-2014, 04:32 AM
Looks like the latested peeps posting didn't bother to read all the juicy stuff past the original title post! Cracks me up.

True Drakhoan

The truth is some people will always complain. That's their right I guess.

But I still maintain playing this game is completely optional.

It will never be glitch-free.

Those who spend more will always get more 'stuff'.

Remarkably similar to real life.

Play or don't play
Spend or don't spend
Complain or don't complain

It makes no difference. Gree is not a democracy, it's a business.

Those of us who spend will carry on spending.

Idiots like me who battle against those who whinge and whine will carry on (safistic pleasure).

Complainers are like King Canute, Gree are the tide.