PDA

View Full Version : Are any Android users getting Gold videos?

Pidgeot
10-29-2014, 02:24 PM
I'm thinking GREE disabled android users from getting video gold but I want to make sure. Are any android users getting video gold?

Its been a few months now on all my android devices and they are very new.

Anzzi
10-29-2014, 02:33 PM
Ive had one video in during last three cycles, but as far as i know it just territorial difference, our faction has people all over rather globe and available video gold Depends more on where u are rather than platform..cant be 100% sure though.

Retired and not happy
10-29-2014, 02:43 PM
No its rigged, I have 1 ios device and 1 android device both in the same global position. Both accounts are between lvl 50 and lvl 100, in the last 3 months android has got 2 videos whilst the ios device has had prob about 40.

Pidgeot
10-29-2014, 02:46 PM
I dont know. It just says no videos for my device.

PITA4PRES
10-29-2014, 03:10 PM
There was a Q&A with ask the developers and it was stated that the individual companies decide what devices they want their ads to run on, and iOS does have a distinct advantage. I get a couple videos on one device and not often on my other device--both Android.

petezx
10-29-2014, 03:25 PM
I'm located in UK and had no videos for about 3 or 4 months but have started to see 2-3 a day over the past couple of cycles. Most are the normal fullscreen ads for other games but there are an increasing number of small YouTube type clips that run for up to 6 minutes.

Bosco_mw
10-29-2014, 03:32 PM
on the Videos button, hadn't been any for like couple months. but i find them occasionally now on the Offers button, halfway down. same deal 2gold/30sec video

Dirty Mind
10-29-2014, 04:01 PM
They said it depends on your device, older devices may not get videos, but I havent had any for the 2 weeks I've had my Galaxy S5

Dborg
10-29-2014, 04:07 PM
Same here..i have accounts on both ios and android. .ive had no video for months on my S4..and 1-2 video per 2 weeks on ios

doeboy
10-29-2014, 04:56 PM
I never get them anymore but I had another account on exact same kind of device that was getting video everyday same on my iOS

Prettypupp
10-29-2014, 07:36 PM
I am on Android and I have not gotten any videos in a couple of months.

Somebody
10-29-2014, 09:21 PM
Had more than 50 videos today and needed to stop cause I didn't have the time to watch more. :( But my second droid account only had maybe 10 the same time. No idea why it's different from account to account.
It has something to do where you are located, most of the vids been in German language.
I got both accounts on bluestacks btw. My iOS device maybe gets 1 a day

Infected
10-30-2014, 06:02 AM
i have been able to watch videos for free gold without any problems for over a year now... my main account is on an iPad... i also have two iPhone accounts... and my son has an iPhone account... i can normally tap 40 gold on all four accounts over a 24-36 hour period of time... it has never given me all 40 gold at once... this is my routine...

- watch as many videos as the device will allow
- close the menu but stay in the app
- tap on faction and wait for approximately ten seconds
(or until you are credited with the free gold you have earned)
- exit the app
- reload the app
- repeat

possible factors that might affect a device's ability to participate in tapping for free gold include:
- device type
- time of day
- level of advertising success (measured by how often you choose to download the advertised app)
- frequency of attempts to tap for free gold... if you don't use it you might lose it
- iOS/Android/MW version

some players are able to make this work... many of the players in my faction cannot get this to work... iOS and Android... i'm sure there are many factors i'm not aware of... but i can't help but think if someone were to transfer their account to me... i could make it work... give my routine a try... and please reply to this thread if it works for you...

GI Janers
10-30-2014, 07:31 AM
IOS gets them all day every day. Android has been a long long LONG time waiting.

Blodiea
10-30-2014, 08:13 AM
I went from 10 videos to 4 and now none for quite some time. I do have an older device but I doubt that is really the case

Pidgeot
10-30-2014, 01:22 PM
i have been able to watch videos for free gold without any problems for over a year now... my main account is on an iPad... i also have two iPhone accounts... and my son has an iPhone account... i can normally tap 40 gold on all four accounts over a 24-36 hour period of time... it has never given me all 40 gold at once... this is my routine...

- watch as many videos as the device will allow
- close the menu but stay in the app
- tap on faction and wait for approximately ten seconds
(or until you are credited with the free gold you have earned)
- exit the app
- reload the app
- repeat

possible factors that might affect a device's ability to participate in tapping for free gold include:
- device type
- time of day
- level of advertising success (measured by how often you choose to download the advertised app)
- frequency of attempts to tap for free gold... if you don't use it you might lose it
- iOS/Android/MW version

some players are able to make this work... many of the players in my faction cannot get this to work... iOS and Android... i'm sure there are many factors i'm not aware of... but i can't help but think if someone were to transfer their account to me... i could make it work... give my routine a try... and please reply to this thread if it works for you...

You did see the point where I said android users right?

good gawd noooo
10-30-2014, 01:40 PM
the age of device doenst really matter I have had the note 3 then the note 4 and still very few videos.. gree is screwing over android users and has been for almost a year.. some ios customers are getting upto 40 gold a day from videos yet android users are lucky to get like 6 in a week... gree needs to do something to make it up to android users its discrimination

Tadaaah
10-30-2014, 02:47 PM
Hey guys,

As stated before, the ad company is the one that decides on the videos. We don't have any say on this one. Apologies for the inconvenience.

ju100
10-30-2014, 03:34 PM
Hey guys,

As stated before, the ad company is the one that decides on the videos. We don't have any say on this one. Apologies for the inconvenience.

More videos for android users means more cash for Gree, right?
I wonder why Gree does not want to explain how to get more videos? You don't know how or the AppLovin license state that you can't say how?

good gawd noooo
10-30-2014, 10:24 PM
Hey guys,

really you have no say?? so your telling us that all your advertisers want you to ONLY advertise to IOS users?? when android is at least 60% of YOUR customer base.... That sounds like either foolish advertising or and out and out lie. And inconvenience more like out and out favoritism and discrimination.. means android users have to spend more real money for the same benefits as IOS. I bet a good attorney could have a lot of fun argueing this one.... either way gree your not doing your own rep any favors.. yeah players are addicted like myself but we are spending less and less and its gonna continue in a downward slope since you guys don't listen or chose not to recognize that BOTH platforms deserve EQUAL consideration

ju100
10-31-2014, 12:20 AM
Not sure it's against the TOS or not (feel free to remove the post of course), but here are the targeting data used for the videos:

Birth Year
Carrier
Country
Keywords
Language
Google Ads Id

Not sure what are Keywords and Extra
And not sure the device age/generation is taken in consideration, at all

NexusImperium
11-04-2014, 02:30 PM
I just thought I'd chime in on this. Currently on the market there are more Android devices than iOS devices*. Currently Android has 84% market share**. If Gree's ad partner is excluding Android devices then both companies are making a colossal mistake in terms of ad revenue.

My guess is that Androids are being blacked out from video gold because of some unscrupulous activity going on with that platform. That's the only logical explanation I can come up with.

If you look at the numbers it makes NO SENSE WHATSOEVER to exclude Android from ad revenue.

*See http://techland.time.com/2013/04/16/ios-vs-android/
**See http://www.gsmarena.com/strategy_analytics_android_cant_grow_over_85-news-10114.php

Tadaaah
11-04-2014, 02:54 PM
Hey guys,

Honestly, we would love for you all to receive more videos, but we can't change it on this end.

etherealstorm
11-04-2014, 06:03 PM
I'm thinking GREE disabled android users from getting video gold but I want to make sure. Are any android users getting video gold?

Its been a few months now on all my android devices and they are very new.

Yah. No videos here. I used to get them, but not in months.

Adm. J(K96)
11-04-2014, 06:35 PM
Hey guys,

Honestly, we would love for you all to receive more videos, but we can't change it on this end.You could start by returning the watch videos button to those android players you took it from all those months ago. It was YOU that took that away, not anybody else.

G.V
11-05-2014, 02:58 AM
Most of all it depends to the location. I send my account to a friend in germany with the same device and android version. With my account he can normally watch videos but in my location and by using 3 different versions of android i can't. And i am talking for about 6-7 months now i cant see any video.

DragCro
11-05-2014, 03:23 AM
Most of all it depends to the location. I send my account to a friend in germany with the same device and android version. With my account he can normally watch videos but in my location and by using 3 different versions of android i can't. And i am talking for about 6-7 months now i cant see any video.

Yes,you are right..It is based on your country location,and it depends on ad companies that want to advertise in the country that they want to target because they think they can sell their product there better than in some other country.So this doesn't have anything to do with Gree..
Ad companies chose and if they will release more videos to ios or android.
So Tadaah was right and he spoak honestly.
I understand that you all want videos and free in game currency,we all want that ;)
I play too and i don't have that option to get videos to watch because i'm in the country that ad companies doesnt target ,
so as you see it doesn't have to do anything with Gree

NexusImperium
11-05-2014, 10:25 AM
I appreciate Tadaaah weighing in but I don't think my point is coming across. So let me state it a different way.

Ad partners form a pseudo-symbiotic relationship with their host. Ideally both should benefit from ad activity. In this case, Gree's Modern War ad partner (regardless if the partner is exclusive to MW) is excluding a very large segment of its target base from ad revenue. If I were Product Manager I'd terminate that relationship pretty quickly and go with another ad partner that was able to better target my user base.

Allowing this to happen is a poor business decision for a lot of reasons, the foremost reason being that it goes against the "Free to Play" profit model. In this model about the top 5% of players account for 95%+ of game revenue. The majority of players pay nothing or very little during the course of their play, but the players nevertheless DO provide value to the developer by way of ad revenue. But for some as-yet unknown reason, Gree permits a large segment of their user base to scoot by without contributing a penny by way of ad revenue or micro-transactions.

Listen. I want to be taken seriously on this. I'm touching on a sensitive subject - I don't expect a reply but I don't want this post summarily deleted until a stakeholder at Gree is able to take a look at what I'm saying. And by the way, I do have industry experience. The product manager over Modern War is grossly mishandling the game and needs to be replaced. And you guys need to get your Business Intelligence Analysts under control and refocused on the UX. It doesn't take anyone with much experience to understand that things are on a bad trajectory.

Rolinz
11-05-2014, 10:32 AM
NOT WORKING FOR iOS since the problem with an "UPDATE" occurred.

The product manager over Modern War is grossly mishandling the game and needs to be replaced. And you guys need to get your Business Intelligence Analysts under control and refocused on the UX. It doesn't take anyone with much experience to understand that things are on a bad trajectory.

I COMPLETELY AGREE!!!

Jaded Fusion
11-05-2014, 10:58 AM
Or Goto your settings and reset your advertising ID.

I'm ios and even if I watch a video I don't get the gold and Tapjoy support might as well be gree support. No response.

Anyone android just reset your advertising ID in your settings.

hubsy
11-05-2014, 11:29 AM
Haven't gotten free gold videos on my android in over 4 months. Many tickets sent but gree just doesn't care about us.

HaystaK760
11-05-2014, 12:20 PM
For the first time in about a month I got 21 videos yesterday

Rotsch
11-05-2014, 01:09 PM
With ios its no longer possible to earn gold by watching videos. What the shall that be?

wilderman
11-05-2014, 02:56 PM
No videos available to me. If I go into the Offers and try to pull up a video, they typically have a redirect to some site without any videos.

skywalker_98
11-07-2014, 12:43 AM
This will be third time I have posted on this issue.I have sent numerous tickets to gree and get the same answer word for word from same rep when ticket subject language is changed.I have went as far as contacting Google as what I see iOS users do and they get results.Google reply is to give the game very bad reviews in play store.Looking at reviews from Android users they must have gotten the same reply from Google because its flooded with this issue.Google's statergy to make the Dev make changes from reviews is not working cause it been 7 months for me.As for some answers of location I think is way off base.I am located in the Washington DC.. New York corridor moving all along on business.If they say they don't want to advertise in one of the most advertised place in the world then all the sponsors on it missing this market??? Get real..give us the real answer.Here's my opinion if Android has the larger percentage of devices playing this game it would smart business to lock them out knowing the odds are in their favor that Android users will buy gold.You don't have to have 100% buying but if the user numbers are overwhelming the odds of making good money from a percentage of buying gold is still a great marketing by scamming Android users.Please respond to this post without the same old song and dance my friend!

NexusImperium
11-07-2014, 09:29 AM
I doubt the missing Android videos is an effort by Gree to get people to buy gold.

I heard of a 'Gold Hack' a while ago and although I don't know any details about it my guess is that it had something to do with Android and Video gold. I stopped hearing about that hack about the same time that videos were disabled on Android.

Redbandit
11-08-2014, 03:03 AM
Im getting videos as i type this on my s3

Maddo.MiCRO
11-08-2014, 04:10 AM
Me too, nil for months

beebs
11-09-2014, 08:37 AM
I've gotten about 3 vids in the past month on my driod, my iOS is getting about 10+ a day, untill this WD started and ain't got any since

Staffordbhoy
11-09-2014, 09:21 AM
I have 4 iPads, all from different eras of ipad. There seems to be no difference between those devices. I get usually 1 or 2 videos per day and then it locks. Meanwhile I have a faction member who has had 900 gold this weekend by watching videos. He is on an android phone about 6 months old. If Gree think we will spend hard cash on gold while they allow this nonsense they can forget it. this is my first Gold free war in a LOooong time.
Other android users are also getting lots of free videos and gold. I don't have anyone iOS users in my faction who are getting free gold like that, and we have players from all over the world

Walli
11-10-2014, 02:48 AM
I have never been able to get video on my android device

Bazze
11-10-2014, 04:50 AM
had over the weekend roundabout 400vids..all for 2 gold...if there is no gold video,try it again..the time will come and a vid is comin up...takes abit time,but it works for me..

reticlover
11-10-2014, 05:02 AM
watch them daily on android

Tee
11-10-2014, 06:44 AM
900 gold over the weekend on android? 400 videos over the weekend on android? How?

Adm. J(K96)
11-10-2014, 07:09 AM
That's not what was said. The timeframe for getting that 900 gold was never given.

MATTARMAGH
11-10-2014, 03:39 PM
900 gold over the weekend on android? 400 videos over the weekend on android? How?

On Android today for first time in months I have had over 100 Video with 2 gold each. Just tried it an wasn't hoping for much then it just seemed to keep going and going ...all this started around 2 hourds before WD event ended an Im still collecting gold

Tee
11-11-2014, 12:11 AM
That's fantastic MATTARMAGH! Happy to hear at least a few on Android are getting some gold.

ju100
11-11-2014, 05:09 AM
The way to get videos on Android has already been posted here. Not a glitch or a hack, just a simple Google Android setting reset. If we get videos to watch, Gree's getting paid.

I am not sure why the mods and the devs always tell us that the device we are on is why we don't have videos, since the device type or age is not sent to the ads' provider... (this is really a mystery for me, unless they just want the forum to cry all the time for videos, or they don't want to give away free gold. oh, maybe the later...)

The only really important parameters I am aware of are your location and your advertising ID. Your age could also be of importance since we get Alcohol ads...

wilderman
11-11-2014, 12:08 PM
Yesterday, I got one video. I thought the screen was just hanging as that seems to be the new Normal but when I clicked on the video button, one began showing. Amazing!! First one in several months. Now I can purchase uhh, nothing as two golds don't help much.

NexusImperium
11-11-2014, 02:28 PM
Hey Guys,

As an update, it appears that resetting your Google ads ID on Android fixes the issue. After months of no videos, I've been able to get access to them again.

Killer_Elite
11-11-2014, 02:38 PM
How do you reset Google ads I'd?

skywalker_98
11-11-2014, 07:59 PM
To rest Google ad I'd ..tap on menu where all your apps are..look for Google setting then open it tap on ad then you tap on reset ad I'd ..hope it works

skywalker_98
11-11-2014, 08:29 PM
I reset my Google ad id and tried the free video and IT WORKED!! I would like to say to Gree and its reps that I apologize here in this forum for my bashing and thoughts that it was being done on purpose to android users.Administrators you could save a lot of time by telling them to at least try to reset their Google ad id.. It worked for me and to the person who posted the Google ad id reset..thanks!
And I again say I apologize to Gree Reps.If I'm man enough to post negative feedback ..I'm man enough to say my apologies.

skywalker_98
11-11-2014, 08:44 PM
One last post on this.The video button is back and the video pays 2 gold same as iOS players! They should post the fix on a sticky..it might not work for all but its worth the try.Have already posted in our faction and the ones online said it worked for them!

ju100
11-12-2014, 12:47 AM
One last post on this.The video button is back and the video pays 2 gold same as iOS players! They should post the fix on a sticky..it might not work for all but its worth the try.Have already posted in our faction and the ones online said it worked for them!

This solution has been posted several times on this forum. I don't get why the mods stick to the "it's related to your device, not our fault" answer everytime...

Doobster
11-12-2014, 04:47 AM
No videos for months. Occasionally get them through offers. 1 a week tops. .