PDA

View Full Version : How to improve gameplay.

Beamer 420
10-29-2014, 12:38 PM
Why not offer new/better prizes for playing and completing levels in the game. Offer mod's once you finish all 5 steps in a level. Maybe this could be a route for people to get mod's they didn't previously acquire or perhaps throw in a "surprise" factor whereas you would get a secret building or secret weapon. Perfect example is upgrade +1, newer players are pretty much hosed on that.....if you offered it as a mod for finishing a few levels in the game that would reward players for progress/strategy of gameplay.

Tadaaah
10-29-2014, 01:07 PM
Thanks for the suggestion. What would you suggest for reaching the higher levels?

Dipstik
10-29-2014, 01:14 PM
I could be wrong, but I think he was talking about completing the map goals. Whether he meant that or experience levels, I think the argument would be the same.

I don't think you need special prizes, just stop handicapping the game based on level. Don't make bosses easier for low level players. Don't award IP in war based on level differential, thereby making level 250s an anchor on the team. Open up the whole rival list so people camping at level 50 can be attacked by players at level 250 (less important).

Just stop kneecapping players for being level 250. You don't need to bribe them to compensate for the aformentioned kneecapping.

Camper
10-29-2014, 01:18 PM
Perhaps some goals could provide a prize which would decrease the players level which technically improves stats. Many players who began this game increased leveling at accelerated rates thinking it would improve there character, when in fact it penalizes them. If some players do not want to accomplish those specific goals that would provide this type of reward then like many other goals they choose not to participate in they don't have to do it. If you try this I think Gree would see and exponential increase of activity from many players who could realize the value of the prize in dropping a level now and then.

Dipstik
10-29-2014, 01:33 PM
Perhaps some goals could provide a prize which would decrease the players level which technically improves stats.

Take a good hard look at this, Gree. Your players are actually thinking this. Ask yourself WHAT IS WRONG WITH THIS PICTURE??

Evan1000
10-29-2014, 01:36 PM
Thanks for the suggestion. What would you suggest for reaching the higher levels?

Here are some suggestions-

Robs payout
Building output
Upgrade/build reduction times
Upgrade/build reduction costs
Decrease energy regen time
Decrease battle health regen time
Decrease deploys regen time
Hideout damage
influence increase
Increase drop rate of bricks
Increase drop rate of uzi's

Another Cool idea for a mod that would work similar to decrease enemy mafia size, is decrease a percentage of mods used in battle

Blaggard
10-29-2014, 02:05 PM
More variation of prizes, especially modifiers. Personally I would like to see a 'rare' mod for the final streak prize rather than the 3% that have been given out recently.

Doesn't have to be stats-based...energy regen or building output/cost/time would be nice,

Morgz
10-29-2014, 02:19 PM
I truly wish they would do SOMETHING about punishing players for achieving higher levels. It's been asked hundreds of times, and ignored equally as many times. I would have considered bringing it up in the AMA, but I'm sure it would immediately get the thread locked.

It just seems so pointless for the instructional at the beginning of the game show you how to complete map jobs and increase your "level", without saying a word about how much that is going to handicap you down the road with harder epic bosses, less chance of having a target in wars, becoming a target yourself, and so on. Plus, we, as a game community are losing long time players left and right, because the game is made unrealistically hard for most ppl at level 250.

aarondavidsdad
10-29-2014, 02:38 PM
One very simple addition that would alleviate some of the high level issues is being able to purchase higher-end weapons in the game store for cash (NOT GOLD). As it is now, it's time consuming to build your attack and defense to a reasonable level if you advance levels too quickly. Right now the best weapons in the store are essentially worthless. Put some weapons for sale that cost 100-200 million per that have attack and defense numbers in the 20k range.

Nighteg
10-29-2014, 02:47 PM
Another one of those topics that's gonna be "passed on to the developers".

Lancelove
10-29-2014, 05:08 PM

I take it you are replying to this thread because the cap increase is almost here and you are actually looking for suggestions to reward those who race to the finish line. If that's the case then some sort of IP mod would be nice.

Evan1000
10-29-2014, 05:27 PM
Another one of those topics that's gonna be "passed on to the developers".

But the way tadaaah responded, with an exclamation point and asking for suggestions, he seemed legitimately interested in the idea.. maybe that's a sign it will get implemented :)

Piano30AL
10-29-2014, 05:35 PM
I don't think you need special prizes, just stop handicapping the game based on level. Don't make bosses easier for low level players. Don't award IP in war based on level differential, thereby making level 250s an anchor on the team. Open up the whole rival list so people camping at level 50 can be attacked by players at level 250 (less important).

Just stop kneecapping players for being level 250. You don't need to bribe them to compensate for the aformentioned kneecapping.

How about basing IP on attack to defense ratio? You get more points beating someone that has defense close to your attack. And its risky because you may lose.

Nighteg
10-29-2014, 05:45 PM
But the way tadaaah responded, with an exclamation point and asking for suggestions, he seemed legitimately interested in the idea.. maybe that's a sign it will get implemented :)

Tadaaah responded to other topics too, it doesn't mean anything. Unfortunately, it's not up to him.

Weasel
10-29-2014, 05:46 PM
I truly wish they would do SOMETHING about punishing players for achieving higher levels. It's been asked hundreds of times, and ignored equally as many times. I would have considered bringing it up in the AMA, but I'm sure it would immediately get the thread locked.

They won't change because this is their business model. It's how they cash in and changing means they will have to research, study, and develop new methods of separating people from their money.

Brand new players get sucked in because it's actually a pretty decent game, but Gree slowly changes stuff as you advance. This creates a situation for users where they must make a decision as to how to proceed. Buy and spend gold to restore the game to "normal" and keep the abilities/priviliges you started with, accept the downgrades in player experience, or stop playing.

It's not just Gree at does this stuff. I suggest you do a bit of research on monetizing game apps. Most of it revolves around shadiness and trickery. Knowing the beast you're up against makes it very easy to play for free.

Beamer 420
10-29-2014, 07:18 PM

I think some of the poster's have done an excellent job of adding to this post.......and yes, I was specifically talking about map levels. Currently, level 5's give out a prize that is usually something like a 16/25 att/def....totally useless. If yall were to tack on 3 more digits to that and maybe a modifier, I would think that would add greatly to the gameplay. Evan had some great idea's on modifiers......maybe some single use mods? Special bonus during battle you are losing to help you win? Have a gradual improvement of prize/level. Glad to see this post stir some interest.

fuzzy
10-30-2014, 05:15 AM
I think some of the poster's have done an excellent job of adding to this post.......and yes, I was specifically talking about map levels. Currently, level 5's give out a prize that is usually something like a 16/25 att/def....totally useless. If yall were to tack on 3 more digits to that and maybe a modifier, I would think that would add greatly to the gameplay. Evan had some great idea's on modifiers......maybe some single use mods? Special bonus during battle you are losing to help you win? Have a gradual improvement of prize/level. Glad to see this post stir some interest.

What about Level 250 players that all ready have maps at 5/5

Will there weapons change?

They will not get a chance at those new weapons or modifiers thus hurting them again for being 250. :mad:

Dipstik
10-30-2014, 07:02 AM
They could also just give you an option to abdicate and start over at level 1 and just keep leveling once you reach 250. I really can't see any downside to that idea.

plavine
10-30-2014, 09:33 AM
Why would any new player do the maps ??? When "we" started there was nothing else to do. Now , there is plenty to do.

Evan1000
10-30-2014, 12:23 PM
.....maybe some single use mods

Single use mods would suck lol because.. you can only use them once, so they wouldn't really help your stats and/or IPH. When they came out with the +1 building upgrade it was worded as the prize 'upgrade one more building one time' or something like that and ithought it was single use.. which wouldn't at all be useful if it was(thank god it wasn't)

Evan1000
10-30-2014, 12:26 PM
Why would any new player do the maps ??? When "we" started there was nothing else to do. Now , there is plenty to do.

I do, the skill points help towards LTQ's and SLTQ's a ton. I mastered up to Circuit Street and am currently working on Seaside.. and I usually can plan out my level ups so they help me in events.. unless GREE is late on one

Beamer 420
10-30-2014, 12:37 PM
I do, the skill points help towards LTQ's and SLTQ's a ton. I mastered up to Circuit Street and am currently working on Seaside.. and I usually can plan out my level ups so they help me in events.. unless GREE is late on one

I've completed all up to Financial District. I disagree, I think single use mod's could be very helpful depending on what it would be. Say a single war/battle IP boost.....your telling me you wouldn't be game for that?

Morgz
10-30-2014, 01:11 PM
I currently won't touch a map job due to the XP you gain from doing them. More XP = Higher game level with very little upside (the single additional skill point per mastered map quadrant 5/5), and fair amount of down side (becoming more of target in wars, much harder EB). It just doesn't pay to do things that will cause you to achieve a higher game level.

Evan1000
10-30-2014, 01:29 PM
I've completed all up to Financial District. I disagree, I think single use mod's could be very helpful depending on what it would be. Say a single war/battle IP boost.....your telling me you wouldn't be game for that?

Of course I would.. if I had no choice. Wouldn't you much rather have a 10% ip mod versus one that only lasts for one war? If GREE were to say implement these one use only mods, they would rarely release permanent mods because they would realize they make Mir money with single use ones.. and therefore the huge gap between top syndicates and everyone else will stay with that huge gap as they got all the permanent mods beforehand

Camper
10-30-2014, 01:52 PM
What about Level 250 players that all ready have maps at 5/5

Will there weapons change?

They will not get a chance at those new weapons or modifiers thus hurting them again for being 250. :mad:

Perhaps to keep everything fair they add additional levels to current maps with new and relevant prize offerings, that way new players will have to do what existing players have done and it would incentivize high levels to do them too. Maybe.

Weasel
10-30-2014, 02:06 PM
Single use mods would suck lol because.. you can only use them once, so they wouldn't really help your stats and/or IPH. When they came out with the +1 building upgrade it was worded as the prize 'upgrade one more building one time' or something like that and ithought it was single use.. which wouldn't at all be useful if it was(thank god it wasn't)

It said "upgrade +1 building at once", which in no way implies any kind of single use status. Considering it was a mod given away for finishing the beginner portion of an ltq, single use would have been just fine. In fact, if every beginner ltq awarded a single use bonus upgrade (or other mod), I think that would be quite interesting and far from useless.

Evan1000
10-30-2014, 10:02 PM
It said "upgrade +1 building at once", which in no way implies any kind of single use status. Considering it was a mod given away for finishing the beginner portion of an ltq, single use would have been just fine. In fact, if every beginner ltq awarded a single use bonus upgrade (or other mod), I think that would be quite interesting and far from useless.

At first I thought it meant upgrade one building at once