PDA

View Full Version : [AMA] Ask the Team Anything!

Tadaaah
10-28-2014, 09:51 AM
Hey there!

Join us Friday, October 31 at 12:30pm PDT for our first Ask the Team Anything!

We will be joined by:
Engram: Team Lead
&dra: Developer

We will unlock this thread at 2:00pm PDT sharp and will be open for live questions for an hour! The thread will then be locked at 3:00pm PDT. So be sure to grab your pals. We'll answer as many questions as possible.

Additionally, asking questions for exact dates aren't going to get concrete answers as dates change often. So think along the lines of game design, future planning, etc.

Remember any posts that violate the Forum Code of Conduct will be removed. Furthermore, any post that attacks, insults, implies insults, harasses our game team will result in an immediate permanent ban. So keep it classy. :)

Tadaaah
10-30-2014, 04:14 PM
UPDATE: The team needed to change the time. We'll be doing this at 2pm PDT tomorrow.

Tadaaah
10-31-2014, 02:01 PM
Let's begin! Who has questions?

Engram
10-31-2014, 02:03 PM
Hi everyone! Looking forward to answering your questions!

&dra
10-31-2014, 02:07 PM
All of your questions belongs to us!

Keapa
10-31-2014, 02:10 PM
Good morning
My question relates to mod stacking. Are you prepared to answer any questions in relation to that?

Keapa
10-31-2014, 02:11 PM
If so,
As Gree is aware that duplicate prizes don't stack, why does Gree offer duplicate prizes?

Engram
10-31-2014, 02:11 PM
Good morning
My question relates to mod stacking. Are you prepared to answer any questions in relation to that?

Sure, shoot!

Keapa
10-31-2014, 02:13 PM
2: Tadaaah had posted the the winning team of the previous SA event would be given a new prize, instead Gree just changed code, how do we know at some later date your system won't see it as a duplicate?

Engram
10-31-2014, 02:16 PM
If so,
As Gree is aware that duplicate prizes don't stack, why does Gree offer duplicate prizes?

Yes, we are aware. Regarding duplicate prizes, new prizes are added over time, and older prizes remain or get phased out based on stat inflation.

Moving forward, individual tier rewards will not stack. We need to take this measure to balance the game and to control stat inflation.

Keapa
10-31-2014, 02:17 PM
3: on a personal level can I please have my previous SA prize problem resolved as I came 1st. I wanted and won a 16% mafia defense, was given the same prize again rather than a new one , the none stacking problem occurred, and the rectification was to give me 10% attack which I neither need or wanted.
Currently I am "missing" 32% mafia defense

&dra
10-31-2014, 02:18 PM
2: Tadaaah had posted the the winning team of the previous SA event would be given a new prize, instead Gree just changed code, how do we know at some later date your system won't see it as a duplicate?

We had some server issues during our last SA event, so the prizes you received as compensation were a special case. They are marked as such in the game data and will *not* be considered "duplicates" by the code.

Keapa
10-31-2014, 02:19 PM
I agree the stat inflation got way out of hand, this could be rectified by offering a greater variety of prizes rather than just repeat the same ones.

Keapa
10-31-2014, 02:20 PM
I wrote to Gree ages ago requesting that the prizes be changed even if to add an element of freshness to events.

&dra
10-31-2014, 02:20 PM
3: on a personal level can I please have my previous SA prize problem resolved as I came 1st. I wanted and won a 16% mafia defense, was given the same prize again rather than a new one , the none stacking problem occurred, and the rectification was to give me 10% attack which I neither need or wanted.
Currently I am "missing" 32% mafia defense

We're happy to discuss this via your CS ticket.

The Toe
10-31-2014, 02:21 PM
Are there any plane in the future to increase the level cap? Or failing that, to remove some of the dis incentitves to being a level 250?

&dra
10-31-2014, 02:23 PM
Are there any plane in the future to increase the level cap? Or failing that, to remove some of the dis incentitves to being a level 250?

Yes! We are excited to announce a new expansion pack for Crime City set to launch in November! It will have a level cap increase (to level 300), new areas, a hood expansion, special goals, and new items and buildings for high level players!

Keapa
10-31-2014, 02:23 PM
We had some server issues during our last SA event, so the prizes you received as compensation were a special case. They are marked as such in the game data and will *not* be considered "duplicates" by the code.

There in lies the problem because in my case it was seen as a duplicate. And thus didn't stack. Changing a much desired ( and expensive) 16% mafia defense into an unwanted 10% mafia attack, when I have the 2nd highest mafia attack in Crime City is very upsetting

Keapa
10-31-2014, 02:25 PM

Thank you. I very much appreciate your reply, I have sent a few tickets in regards to this very problem, as yet they have been ignored.

Nighteg
10-31-2014, 02:25 PM
Hi. First of all thank you for doing this. There has always been very little communication between gree developers and the players, which caused a lot of frustration over the years.
Here are the questions, prioritized:
1) When are you going to stop punishing high levels, specifically 250s? Why is the epic boss for 250 ten times stronger than the same boss for 249? Why are the highest levels scoring the lowest points in wars? What’s the point in punishing your most loyal customers?

2) When is the level cap going to be increased to at least 300? This is probably the most overdue task in Crime City. You did this in modern warfare 2 years ago, when is our turn?

3) Diversity in rewards – this has been the most talked about topic in the last year. Please, for the love of god, ENOUGH WITH THE SAME BORING ATTACK AND DEFENSE MODES! Add some income, -upgrade time, +1 upgrade, energy regeneration, respect, HP regen, stamina regen, upgrade cost, deploys regen etc etc. Enough with the constant atk/def mods pls! You do it in MW and KA, why not CC?

4) You introduced a new event few months ago – Street Assault. It was a disaster, but has lots of potential. You made a feedback thread, where people suggested a lot to improve the event. You ignored ALL of it, and keep releasing the same broken and boring version. Why? (seriously, 21 hours regeneration sounds normal to you? Who in their right mind approved this?)

5) You update the gold items in stores on a regular basis, but it took you 2 years to update the cash items. I’m not asking for a full restock, but can you introduce temporary new item/s once a month at least (same “gone in 5 days” formula you do with the gold items)?

6) Once upon a time we had a great event in crime city, called the PvP syndicate showdown with the leaderboard (It used to be my personal favorite event). About 18 months ago it just stopped. No notification, no nothing. A LOT of players want to see it back (with the leaderboard format, not the PVPs you brought back temporary 6 months ago). Can we get it back? It was also the fairest event this game had, since the scoring was based on STATS and not on LEVELS.

7) Can we have some kind of diversity in events? So they wouldn't be so predictable and boring? Every once in a while do a LTQ that everyone have a chance to finish. Once in a while release a LTB for 21 days, and not the same 18 you always do. Last time you gave us enough time to finish a LTB was Christmas (we got 23 days).

Apologies for the long speech. A lot of frustration built up in 3 years.
Thanks again.

Muffhole
10-31-2014, 02:27 PM
Hi,

I would like to know if there are plans for more variety in mods, as I'm tired of getting attack and defence all the time and you have now introduced an event where stats don't matter?

Thanks

&dra
10-31-2014, 02:31 PM
Hi,

I would like to know if there are plans for more variety in mods, as I'm tired of getting attack and defence all the time and you have now introduced an event where stats don't matter?

Thanks

Yes! We will be incorporating more variety into the event reward bonus types :)

Muffhole
10-31-2014, 02:34 PM
Hi,

That's great. Could you give us some examples of what's coming? Perhaps more building mods or energy?

Thanks

Muffhole
10-31-2014, 02:37 PM
Sorry one last question

Could you tell us why crime city has a different gold bonus scheme than all other gree games, since you changed the rewards tier I feel cc players feel a little hard done by compared to mw players for example....

Thanks

&dra
10-31-2014, 02:39 PM
Hi,

That's great. Could you give us some examples of what's coming? Perhaps more building mods or energy?

Thanks

We're adding an influence points bonus to this next Battle for Empire City, for example. We will consider the other requests, like energy and building mods, as well.

Keapa
10-31-2014, 02:39 PM
Even thought I am in one of the top / strongest syndicates, what special events can you run just for lower / smaller syndicates so they can feel they are battling against teams of equal strength, rather than get clobbered by far stronger teams ?

&dra
10-31-2014, 02:41 PM
Even thought I am in one of the top / strongest syndicates, what special events can you run just for lower / smaller syndicates so they can feel they are battling against teams of equal strength, rather than get clobbered by far stronger teams ?

Glad you asked! We have a new leaderboard system under construction that will allow syndicates of different strengths to focus on competition with each other. Stay tuned!

Keapa
10-31-2014, 02:42 PM
We're adding an influence points bonus to this next Battle for Empire City, for example. We will consider the other requests, like energy and building mods, as well.

I have noted that many ask if they could be able to reset skill points or you make skill points a prize

Engram
10-31-2014, 02:44 PM
First of all, thank you very much for being a loyal, hardcore Crime City player. We appreciate your patronage and being part of this incredible community for the last 3 years!

1) When are you going to stop punishing high levels, specifically 250s? Why is the epic boss for 250 ten times stronger than the same boss for 249? Why are the highest levels scoring the lowest points in wars? What’s the point in punishing your most loyal customers?

Epic boss is tailored to be a challenge to players at particular level ranges, not on an individual's particular strength.

2) When is the level cap going to be increased to at least 300? This is probably the most overdue task in Crime City. You did this in modern warfare 2 years ago, when is our turn?

Yes! See previous post.

3) Diversity in rewards – this has been the most talked about topic in the last year. Please, for the love of god, ENOUGH WITH THE SAME BORING ATTACK AND DEFENSE MODES! Add some income, -upgrade time, +1 upgrade, energy regeneration, respect, HP regen, stamina regen, upgrade cost, deploys regen etc etc. Enough with the constant atk/def mods pls! You do it in MW and KA, why not CC?

We are definitely looking into improving rewards on offer in future events!

4) You introduced a new event few months ago – Street Assault. It was a disaster, but has lots of potential. You made a feedback thread, where people suggested a lot to improve the event. You ignored ALL of it, and keep releasing the same broken and boring version. Why? (seriously, 21 hours regeneration sounds normal to you? Who in their right mind approved this?)

We definitely want to improve Street Assault and will take into consideration the Crime City community's feedback.

5) You update the gold items in stores on a regular basis, but it took you 2 years to update the cash items. I’m not asking for a full restock, but can you introduce temporary new item/s once a month at least (same “gone in 5 days” formula you do with the gold items)?

With our new November expansion pack, there will be new cash and respect items.

6) Once upon a time we had a great event in crime city, called the PvP syndicate showdown with the leaderboard (It used to be my personal favorite event). About 18 months ago it just stopped. No notification, no nothing. A LOT of players want to see it back (with the leaderboard format, not the PVPs you brought back temporary 6 months ago). Can we get it back? It was also the fairest event this game had, since the scoring was based on STATS and not on LEVELS.

We felt the event didn't work well and had technical issues. We've pulled the event and may reintroduce a revamped version in the future if we feel it is worthy for our Crime City players.

7) Can we have some kind of diversity in events? So they wouldn't be so predictable and boring? Every once in a while do a LTQ that everyone have a chance to finish. Once in a while release a LTB for 21 days, and not the same 18 you always do. Last time you gave us enough time to finish a LTB was Christmas (we got 23 days).

We're working on new types of events that we'll be rolling out in the next couple of months! We'll also be rebalancing existing events to shake things up.

&dra
10-31-2014, 02:49 PM
I have noted that many ask if they could be able to reset skill points or you make skill points a prize

That's something we can take a look at.

Keapa
10-31-2014, 02:52 PM

If I put your name in the subject line, would the ticket be directed to you, so I can be confident in knowing it is the hands of someone capable of resolving the problem?

Nighteg
10-31-2014, 02:53 PM
Tnx for the answers.

Epic boss is tailored to be a challenge to players at particular level ranges, not on an individual's particular strength.

This is the only one that didn't really answer the question. Level 249 can have x10 strength compared to level 250. 3 moths ago there was a single tier for 201-250. Then you decided to punish only the 250s. Lets make it random! Next epic boss punish only the 236s. Or 247s?

Evan1000
10-31-2014, 02:54 PM
I have a few questions.. forgive me if they were asked already

Will gold videos be brought back to android? It's getting harder and harder to play as a free player on a top 30 team without them

Do you plan on making the insane energy required LTQ prizes more desirable for normal mode?

And finally any plans in creating mods that aren't just attack and defense?

Nighteg
10-31-2014, 02:54 PM
And yes, we're desperately need a skill points reset!

&dra
10-31-2014, 02:58 PM
I have a few questions.. forgive me if they were asked already

Will gold videos be brought back to android? It's getting harder and harder to play as a free player on a top 30 team without them

Do you plan on making the insane energy required LTQ prizes more desirable for normal mode?

And finally any plans in creating mods that aren't just attack and defense? -

1. These are decisions made by the ad partners and not controlled by the game teams.
2. We are looking into rebalancing LTQ difficulty and prizes.
3. Previously answered.

Muffhole
10-31-2014, 02:59 PM
Any answer to the gold bonus question?

Thanks

Tadaaah
10-31-2014, 03:00 PM
Thanks all that participated; see you next time!