PDA

View Full Version : Modern .....wait for it... Wait...

Cobra Kai
10-26-2014, 03:02 PM
Clicking ....... On targets ... Only .... To ....have the game ...consistently freez...eing...on you while....clicking the ...targ....ets is gettin........g to be quite anno...ying.

It has co.....me to the poi............nt of being almost un....play...able.

Gree, pleas.....e plea......se look into ....why the ga......me consistent....ly freezes.

It is dri.....ving many of ....us mad !!!

Captain Buck Slayer
10-26-2014, 03:07 PM
It .... i...s gett....ing pre...ty ann...oy...ing....

Dirty Mind
10-26-2014, 03:29 PM
Dang it! I cant help it. I have to read your post with all the pauses. Now I understand your frustration lmao

Danger Mouse
10-26-2014, 03:53 PM
Click on target, go away make coffee, read the newspaper, walk the dog, vacuum the living room, Cook three course meal, watch a movie, check to see if hit has registered yet.

It's all part of Gree's friendly community service initiative to ween MW addicts off their addiction and reintroduce them to the non-pixellated universe! ;-))

Paisthecoolest
10-26-2014, 04:04 PM
My guess has been that it freezes while it recalculated how much cash we get after our mission output bonuses. Every time you wait, you get an additional $.10 of in-game cash. Lol

Ajk
10-26-2014, 06:25 PM
Welcome to the airplane mode glitch fix. Fix a glitch cause another.
#Fixin****greestyle

Jaded Fusion
10-26-2014, 08:09 PM
Welcome to the airplane mode glitch fix. Fix a glitch cause another.
#Fixin****greestyle

basically gree made npc's server side. So everytime your game syncs back up to the server it has to check that you had the proper amount of energy to do the job(s) you tapped at.

2MblaZ
10-27-2014, 07:55 AM
basically gree made npc's server side. So everytime your game syncs back up to the server it has to check that you had the proper amount of energy to do the job(s) you tapped at.

So you saying it's impossible to get rid of lag alongside?... It's getting really annoying, got supa fast LG3 - all other games run like butter, bu MW is lagging like mofo... If that continues there's only one solution for that aggravation - delete app... unfortunately...

Jaded Fusion
10-27-2014, 08:14 AM
So you saying it's impossible to get rid of lag alongside?... It's getting really annoying, got supa fast LG3 - all other games run like butter, bu MW is lagging like mofo... If that continues there's only one solution for that aggravation - delete app... unfortunately...

Of course they could cut down the lag, if they stopped making everything server side that would help. But then you'd see a massive influx of hackers/glitchers again. They could cut down their npc's so not so many for lookups. But then again I'm not a programmer @ gree so it's out of my hands.

2MblaZ
10-27-2014, 10:32 AM
Of course they could cut down the lag, if they stopped making everything server side that would help. But then you'd see a massive influx of hackers/glitchers again. They could cut down their npc's so not so many for lookups. But then again I'm not a programmer @ gree so it's out of my hands.

TADAAH - can you show this thread and this idea to one of your senior devs - something's gotta be done to make it run smooth, i believe there are plenty games you can take this from - a LOT of them have it run on server side, no hacks, but still makes it very smooth gameplay, now this freezing game lag is just ridiculous - imagine how would you like watching a movie that would freeze every 2-3 seconds?!?...

Sumiala
10-27-2014, 03:51 PM
TADAAH - can you show this thread and this idea to one of your senior devs -

You mean THE senior dev.
Also the junior dev.
The financial department (oh no, they got lots of money counters).
And the cleaner.
And they need it, because it stinks!

Tadaaah
10-27-2014, 04:05 PM
The teams have seen the reports. Thanks.

pick_sax
10-27-2014, 04:37 PM
ok, probably a technically correct response. they have seen the reports.

what did they do next? what are they doing to resolve the problem?

a technically correct, yet totally obtuse response is an insult to your customers.

saying you know about a problem is one thing, actually doing something is a whole 'nother beast.

andriod, which wasn't (to my knowledge) having the hit glitch, has a problem as well. but it seems related to the final shot on a multi hit npc. the final kill on an android takes a while. in a 3x 3 hit target, the 9th hit seems to be the issue.

The teams have seen the reports. Thanks.

Tadaaah
10-27-2014, 04:56 PM
ok, probably a technically correct response. they have seen the reports.

what did they do next? what are they doing to resolve the problem?

a technically correct, yet totally obtuse response is an insult to your customers.

saying you know about a problem is one thing, actually doing something is a whole 'nother beast.

andriod, which wasn't (to my knowledge) having the hit glitch, has a problem as well. but it seems related to the final shot on a multi hit npc. the final kill on an android takes a while. in a 3x 3 hit target, the 9th hit seems to be the issue.

Apologies, they are looking at ways to improve this, but we don't have any other information at this time.

Mr.Grumpy
10-27-2014, 07:38 PM
yes. un...play...able.

i have taken a break from the game until this improves.

HypeTonic
10-27-2014, 11:09 PM
Honestly, if I were to download the game as a new player and this were happening to me.. I would have all ready deleted the game and never downloaded another GREE game. Thats just who I am. If a game runs really bad I have no interest in playing it. But since I am such a long player of this game I have been more relaxed and not rage quit yet.

Adm. J(K96)
10-28-2014, 01:01 AM
Do it. You have no idea how much better you'll feel.

Agent Orange
10-28-2014, 06:05 AM
The problem is twofold, the game is bloated with a crapload of different graphics and it needs to actually run and support two different platforms.

Problems on IOS, older devices such as first generation iPads and others cannot upgrade out of IOS 5 are virtually unplayable and crash on command.

On Android if you have minimal free memory the game explodes and on top of this cannot load server pushed updates. If you are lucky an uninstall and reinstall can solve this. But the real issue is that the app is now way to bloated.

Solutions, reduce the number of different graphical elements, mainly units but also other crap like decorations and possibly buildings.

Get beta testers that actually reflect a broad spectrum of users, and actually listen to them when they report problems. Also make this process separate from the actual game since beta testers get a tactical advantage.

Do not roll out events until they have been tested and WORK!

Have more than two employees provide support across all your games!

Actually listen to your customers, yes there is a lot of useless drivel in this forum but there are also a lot of fed up customers.

codys21
10-28-2014, 08:01 AM
yes. un...play...able.

i have taken a break from the game until this improves.

I haven't quit the game but all I did during this last LTQ was start prestaging the next one and log in to collect my buildings and the three day break has been great.

Retired and not happy
10-28-2014, 11:33 AM
Ever since they fixed the airplane glitch this bug has started. It only occurs at the completion of each set of hits required for that mission for that NPC. Try hitting it to say 1/5 then go out of map,. wait 1 minute, come bac in and do 2/5, I found this method slightly reduces the game crashes.
The bug is enough to drive someone mad and around the twist. So much anger someone may contemplate murdering people due to the frustration this bug causes. If your spending 10k on this a game a month which some do and you miss a special prize due to constant NPC game crashes your gunna kill. People get killed for less than 50 bucks.