PDA

View Full Version : Faction healthy regen different between platforms

Selfproclaimed
10-26-2014, 09:17 AM
We are noticing the faction health regen between iOS and android are different, with android being +5 more. With the faction health bonus maxed , on iOS, the display is -30. On android , the display is +35, same faction.

Idk if it just a display issue ,old issue or what not, any idea?

Big John
10-26-2014, 09:26 AM
It actually shows as +35% on android.

Thief
10-26-2014, 10:16 AM
Ive seen this in the past but never got an answer for it.

If they are treated as individual 5 percent health bonuses than 30% is correct 1-*.95*.95*.95*.95*.95*.95*.95)

However ive heard that on Android they see 35% which means they are being added up as a group before being applied into the health regen Calculation. (at which point it is multiplied by your existing regen time)

Obviously a difference of 5% can very well change the regen time for some people and should be the same across the board.

Adm. J(K96)
10-26-2014, 12:29 PM
Times are the same, it just displays differently.

Thief
10-26-2014, 09:03 PM
Times are the same, it just displays differently.

Have you personally tested it with both IOS and Android platforms on 2 accounts with no other regen units or with the exact same other regen units?

Adm. J(K96)
10-27-2014, 03:20 AM
As best I could. You see different results?

2MblaZ
10-27-2014, 07:59 AM
tested with new iOS and Android acts on 7/7 health faction on last RB - same regen, so it's just display discrepancy

Tadaaah
10-27-2014, 10:24 AM
This should just be a display difference. They use the same code for the calculations.

Thief
10-28-2014, 02:27 PM
Tadaah I understand that the code takes a value and takes that value using the same calculations to determine your health regen however it is also being calculated that way before hand on the forum screen and its during that calculation process it could be different.

The question is does it calculate as 7x 5% health regens or does it calculate as 35% health regen. From there yes it calculates the same but from that break point is where it needs to probably be tested and confirmed for IOS and Android/

1brent1
10-28-2014, 11:56 PM
Tadaah I understand that the code takes a value and takes that value using the same calculations to determine your health regen however it is also being calculated that way before hand on the forum screen and its during that calculation process it could be different.

The question is does it calculate as 7x 5% health regens or does it calculate as 35% health regen. From there yes it calculates the same but from that break point is where it needs to probably be tested and confirmed for IOS and Android/

This is when a company with good customer service would come in and say-

"Thief, thank you very much for your time and calculations. I will pass your information on to the developers and report back."

Gree, you'd be surprised how much good customer service will bring a company.I guarantee you've lost out on hundreds of thousands from big spenders quiting over your poor customer service. I know several 1+ grand a month players who quit because they were fed up with your poor customer service.

GeoffW
10-29-2014, 05:45 AM
On my Android it does NOT show 35%. It shows -5% with a x7 next to the icon, indicating that we have 7 of the -5% bonuses.
As Thief explained, 7 bonuses of 5% work out at 30% overall so there is no discrepancy.

Thief
10-29-2014, 09:15 AM
1brent1 sadly i have to agree with your sentiment there

GeoffW thank you for taking the time to review and respond. Glad to hear they have updated and corrected what was only a display glitch.

1brent1
11-02-2014, 04:38 AM
This should just be a display difference. They use the same code for the calculations.

Following up on this.

Don't think it's asking for a lot if you can reach out to your programmers and report back on Thiefs question please:

"The question is does it calculate as 7x 5% health regens or does it calculate as 35% health regen. From there yes it calculates the same but from that break point is where it needs to probably be tested and confirmed for IOS and Android"

Specially after the time Thief has invested trying to help you on this issue, this post and previous posts.

Not trying to call anyone out and appreciate all of Gree's forum moderators time but haven't always been correct at first (defense issue last month). So "Should just be a display difference" is not good assurance.

GeoffW
11-02-2014, 11:19 AM
The actual health regen times on both iOS and Android correspond to 7 lots of 5% regen time which works out at 30% reduction as previously explained. This really doesn't need confirmation of how it is coded, actual measurements provide the definitive answer.

1brent1
11-02-2014, 12:54 PM
The actual health regen times on both iOS and Android correspond to 7 lots of 5% regen time which works out at 30% reduction as previously explained. This really doesn't need confirmation of how it is coded, actual measurements provide the definitive answer.

OK thanks. Now looking to have the 2nd part of Thief's question answered or looked into-

"The question is does it calculate as 7x 5% health regens or does it calculate as 35% health regen. From there yes it calculates the same but from that break point is where it needs to probably be tested and confirmed for IOS and Android"

GeoffW
11-02-2014, 01:07 PM
I must be missing something about your question here.

Surely the question has been answered? Measurements confirm that on both Android and iOS it calculates as 7 x 5% (which works out as -30% health regen overall). Tested and confirmed.